• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Jira got them invited. Be sure to let them know to hit "G" and accept the invite and to represent. Also make sure they know about the guild's policy, especially as it relates to language and hate speech (It's basically NeoGAF's TOS, nothing outlandish).

Thanks. They are coming from Wow as veteran raiders and are amazed at how good the community is.

They gonna be in for a shock when it comes to updates and lack of down time...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Won a thor on a grabber machine:D
oZvQ67yh.jpg

Retro

For what it's worth, today is the last day the Living World Season 2 pack will be on sale (40% off). I'm sure they'll discount it again later so this isn't anyone's last chance, but if someone was interested in seeing the lead up to HoT, now's as good a time as any. It's no Grenth hood though (or bunny ears, I wanted them for my Asura Mesmer).

Jira

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/Leagues-1/first#post5511329

While I’ll let the PvP team respond to the other points here, I do want to take a moment and address this:

PvP has steadily grown in population and play hours going on nearly a year now. It’s sky-rocketed since the game went free, and the two weeks before this have been our best weeks literally since the week the game launched. We anticipate this week will be the best week login/play wise PvP has ever had in the history of Gw2.

I don’t want to trivialize your points – and our competitive team has some great reasons why things operate the way they do they’ll lay out and explain in relation to leagues soon: I do want to call out you’re using false population data to support your point.

From an ArenaNet perspective, PvP is the fastest growing part of Gw2 and had more success for us as a business in the last year than it’s had by far in the history of the Guild Wars franchise. Next year is going to be even bigger because of that success.

I’m really proud of the work the team has done and the work our amazing player community who has helped grow competitive PvP just as much as our dev team has and would hate to see that lost in this discussion.
-CJ

Qurupeke

Excellent Dungeon Weekend run today, everyone! Extra thanks to my party, Qurukepe, usea, RareVos and Taffer!

I had great fun everyone! Zeroth especially helped me a lot during that spider rush race thing before the dungeons. That trial felt like my bane.

Retro

Excellent Make-up missions and dungeons, everyone.
- The final Elite Specialization, the Druid, will be revealed this week at TwitchCon.
- Supposedly more big news coming out of TwitchCon as well, the show is Friday and Saturday. Not sure what specific times ArenaNet will be presenting so watch this space!

Excellent Dungeon Weekend run today, everyone! Extra thanks to my party, Qurukepe, usea, RareVos and Taffer!

Likewise, I had a nice fast P1 run with Callunah, Khavi, Techwolf and Tyliout;

I had great fun everyone! Zeroth especially helped me a lot during that spider rush race thing before the dungeons. That trial felt like my bane.

Spider rush is a tricky one because it's not immediately clear where you need to go or how to get there thanks to all of the vertical movement. The other Rushes aren't quite so bad and tend to be straight forward; detect traps, move ahead, repeat. The exception is the Karka Rush, but that's just because South Sun is a deathtrap.

Wanderer5

Not a fan of HotW so far. I usually love the Kodan locations but the dungeon looked pretty dull :( No memorable encounters either. Ohwell!

At least my party rocked :)

and I managed to grab this screen that I really like.

Great party it was indeed.^.^ What your Tumblr btw?

Spider rush is a tricky one because it's not immediately clear where you need to go or how to get there thanks to all of the vertical movement. The other Rushes aren't quite so bad and tend to be straight forward; detect traps, move ahead, repeat. The exception is the Karka Rush, but that's just because South Sun is a deathtrap.

Yeah Spider Rush's vertical stuff confused the hell out of me the first couple runs through. And heh Karka Rush ain't bad if you have the middle camp and broodmother event in check.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I know to only buy this game from authorized sellers so don't worry about that, and have looked at the list from the official site, but since Canada has literally 0 (Which sucks), I have a question.

What's the status with region locking and codes and all that? Do I need an NA one? Or can I get a UK one? Can I look through the authorized sellers of Europe and it will work for me if I buy? Or is my literal only option direct from the gw site (Which makes the base game like 77 bucks)? What up with this someone help, I need to save money.

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 23 ☆

Event #5 - Spelunker's Delve, Spekks's Laboratory, and Tears of Itlaocol

Required Character Level: 1 (15 Recommended)
Required Zone: Caledon Forest

Recommended Waypoints:
Sleive's Waypoint — [&BP4FAAA=]
Gleaner's Cove Waypoint — [&BDcBAAA=]
Falias Thorp Waypoint — [&BD4BAAA=]

This event will take place 30 minutes after server reset (8:30 PM EDT) on Wednesday night.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoints. We'll get started as soon as everyone is ready!

(I got a new job, so this is the last regularly occurring JP event I personally will be able to organize.)

★ Dungeon Event Series ★
☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 27 ☆

Event #9 - Honor of the Waves
Explorable Paths 2 and 3

Required Character Level: 80
Required Zone: Frostgorge Sound

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

These events are intended to be rather casual, and they will be very new-player friendly. Players of every experience level are encouraged to participate, so please invite anyone who you think would like to join.

For each full party that completes a given week's dungeon run, five gold will be added to a door prize from which one participant's name will be drawn. So if five parties complete the event, you have a chance at winning an extra twenty-five gold! The more people who show up, the more money you can win!

☆ REMAINING DUNGEON EVENT SCHEDULE ☆

#9 - September 27 - Honor of the Waves
Explorable Paths 2/3

#10 - October 4 - Crucible of Eternity
Story Path and Explorable Paths 1/2/3

#11 - October 11 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

#12 - October 18 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3/4​

☆ DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE ☆

Callunah, Tyliout, Sonicbug, Crescendo, and Falsetto are currently the only members eligible for the original two hundred gold prize. In the case that all five complete the challenge, the prize will be increased so that each is guaranteed at least fifty gold.​

PatzCU

I had a ton of fun with the guild missions today! First time I've been able to participate since buying GW2 at launch. Having a lot of fun with GW2 and plan on buying the expansion. Thanks for waiting for me today! (I'm Slack Attacks)

MikeDip

Will this work for me in Canada? http://www.gamesrocket.co.uk/promo/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns?currency=CAD

EDIT1: Wait this is just better in every way I think http://www.gamesrocket.com/Promo/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns?currency=CAD

EDIT2: Well the price changes when you pick the us one so I assume I'd need the NA version. Why is Canada completely missing for all information, we exist I swear

That gamesrocket site is in their list of authorized sellers but I have no idea how the regions of codes works :(

Jira

Will this work for me in Canada? http://www.gamesrocket.co.uk/promo/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns?currency=CAD

Edit: Wait this is just better in every way I think http://www.gamesrocket.com/Promo/Guild-Wars-2-Heart-of-Thorns?currency=CAD

That gamesrocket site is in their list of authorized sellers but I have no idea how the regions of codes works :(

I really cannot stress that you should get it directly from ANet for the time being. Until it's sold via something like GMG and other more reputable sites, I wouldn't buy elsewhere.

MikeDip

I really cannot stress that you should get it directly from ANet for the time being. Until it's sold via something like GMG and other more reputable sites, I wouldn't buy elsewhere.

I'm not going shady, I'm only touching the list they have published themselves on their official reseller thingie. But Canada not being there is making things difficult.

Might just have to suck up and spend the extra 15 bucks. But I don't like losing money and that 15 bucks has plans so I am looking first

MikeDip

Fuck it, life is too short to worry about a handful of dollars I'd spend on a book or something anyways. Bought the game normal

I am now a full member. I kinda miss the red "buy now please" in game bar that was in the top left. That splash of red was nice. The trade offs are worth it though

spiritfox

I miss that red bar :(

Anything I should know now that I am not f2p?

Whisper everyone.
Don't

You get daily login rewards. They give some decent stuff, especially laurels, which can be converted to gold easily. You don't lose your position if you miss a day, so don't worry about that.

MikeDip

Whisper everyone.
Don't

You get daily login rewards. They give some decent stuff, especially laurels, which can be converted to gold easily. You don't lose your position if you miss a day, so don't worry about that.

I whispered everyone. Then read your spoiler.

This is your fault.

(Also where can I see my login chest thingie?)

I mentioned on Mumble yesterday during dungeons that we might be rescheduling, but we decided to leave the remaining set of dungeons as it is right now, on Sundays after makeup missions at 4:30pm EDT.

The Arah weeks might get a bit hairy since it's a little bit tougher than any other dungeon in the game so I will need to see if we have any people who run Arah regularly who are willing to lead up a group :x Or maybe it'll be fine and we can just smash everything and I'm just being paranoid, I dunno.

EDIT: Also, Zeroth and I are going to organize the jumping parties in Ike's stead, but we're only going to do them once a week on Wednesdays. Same time, 8:30pm EDT.

Default staff animations - running, idle in combat, and basic attacks - Do we know if these are going to be changed for Herald and Daredevil?

I saw people really hoping for changes as they are borrowing their animations from the caster-staff users. It would be interesting if they would do something else with them!

Rawk Hawk

jam with us on https://plug.dj/gaf (please be respectful of the guild policies in your music selections!)

I never hop on this, but since the banned youtube at work, I'm going to try it out today and see if I can sneak around to listen to songs on it, haha.

Edit: I'm not familiar with SoundCloud, but seem to work, the YouTube videos still won't work. May have to pop in here when one of those songs gets stuck in my head. As well as during missions and such, it's a pretty cool site, thanks Callunah for setting it up!

Default staff animations - running, idle in combat, and basic attacks - Do we know if these are going to be changed for Herald and Daredevil?

I saw people really hoping for changes as they are borrowing their animations from the caster-staff users. It would be interesting if they would do something else with them!
Nope. Not at this stage. It is also why no brand new weapons were introduced to save money.

Thorgal

It's that time of the week again...

~ One hour to Saturday Night Guild Mission Fever
Hawkian will not be present at the start of missions tonight but will attempt to be home in time for the lottery. If he's not able to make it, any tickets purchased this week will carry over to next week's drawing.

Come hang out with us on Mumble (server info can be found by quoting the OT) and jam with us on https://plug.dj/gaf (please be respectful of the guild policies in your music selections!)

is that dj site broken by any chance ? says page not available on both my browsers .

Wanderer5

I mentioned on Mumble yesterday during dungeons that we might be rescheduling, but we decided to leave the remaining set of dungeons as it is right now, on Sundays after makeup missions at 4:30pm EDT.

The Arah weeks might get a bit hairy since it's a little bit tougher than any other dungeon in the game so I will need to see if we have any people who run Arah regularly who are willing to lead up a group :x Or maybe it'll be fine and we can just smash everything and I'm just being paranoid, I dunno.

EDIT: Also, Zeroth and I are going to organize the jumping parties in Ike's stead, but we're only going to do them once a week on Wednesdays. Same time, 8:30pm EDT.

Well the path 4 event we did look to had went smooth for the most part at least and that was the longest and hardest (?) path of the bunch. Just be lacking a few of the more experience folks this time (like Ike, which congrats on the new job btw)?

And aw was only able to make it to the Friday JP events for the time being, oh well.

Well the path 4 event we did look to had went smooth for the most part at least and that was the longest and hardest (?) path of the bunch. Just be lacking a few of the more experience folks this time (like Ike, which congrats on the new job btw)?

And aw was only able to make it to the Friday JP events for the time being, oh well.

Path 1 is the hardest imo, which is a shame cause it's probably the first one most people will try :p 2 and 3 are easy once you know what you're supposed to do (and have a thief so you don't have to spend an extra 10 minutes clearing trash), 4 is straightforward but it's just loooong. Path 1 is a huge pain in the ass. Lots of oozes that split infinitely and trash drakes that drop huge poison fields :( it hurts.

We'll see what attendance is like for the JPs. If Fridays are better for everyone who wants to come then we can move it. Since there's only 2 of us organizing now it's a bit tricky, Zeroth and I sometimes do real-life things on weekends and can't be online and it's less likely that our real-life things will overlap on a Wednesday. I'm willing to move it to accomodate everyone if that's what people want :3.

Wanderer5

11037464_10153281177519209_1364604564132265919_n.jpg

Also new batch of gemstore stuff to be removed.

These skins/finishers are available for 7 days only, so they might be getting removed "temporarily" and only come back for special occasions/sales.

Skins
Flamekissed Light Armor skin - 800 gems
Flamewalker Medium Armor skin - 800 gems
Flamewrath Heavy Armor skin - 800 gems
Phalanx Heavy Armor skin - 800 gems
Trickster's Light Armor Skin - 800 gems
Viper's Medium Armor Skin - 800 gems
Mist Herald Back Item Skin Set - 500 gems
Jungle Explorer Outfit - 700 gems
Shadow Assassin Outfit - 700 gems
Fuzzy Cat Hat - 200 gems
Fuzzy Hylek Hat - 200 gems.
Glint's Gaze Mask - 500 gems
Inventory's Sunglasses - 150 gems
Magnus's Eye Patch - 400 gems
Mask of the Jubilee - 400 gems
Mask of the Silent Skin - 500 gems

Finishers
Chickenado
Ascalonian-Leader
Cow
Golem Pummeler
Great Jungle Worm
Guild Flag
Guild Shield
Honor Guard
Ley Line
Llama
Martial
Mystical Dragon
Pact Fleet
Quaggan
Sanctified
Skritt-Scavenger
Spectre
Thornroot
Toxic Offshoot
Twisted Watchwork
Vigil Megalaser
Whump the Giant
Wizard Lightning

Tech-Wolf

Path 1 is the hardest imo, which is a shame cause it's probably the first one most people will try :p 2 and 3 are easy once you know what you're supposed to do (and have a thief so you don't have to spend an extra 10 minutes clearing trash), 4 is straightforward but it's just loooong. Path 1 is a huge pain in the ass. Lots of oozes that split infinitely and trash drakes that drop huge poison fields :( it hurts.

We'll see what attendance is like for the JPs. If Fridays are better for everyone who wants to come then we can move it. Since there's only 2 of us organizing now it's a bit tricky, Zeroth and I sometimes do real-life things on weekends and can't be online and it's less likely that our real-life things will overlap on a Wednesday. I'm willing to move it to accomodate everyone if that's what people want :3.

If you need a helping hand for the dungeon and teaching or however you want to call leading, especially arah in this case, I could always help. I'm pretty much always on on the weekend. Also I still find p1 not that hard, yes it is slightly more complex then p2 but still fine.

Jira

The removal of so many armors makes me wonder if they're maybe going to introduce them in game as earnable rewards? I know they said armor in the future would only be put into the game as actual rewards and outfits would be for the gem store. Also, removing THAT many finishers is crazy unless they have an equal or greater amount coming with HoT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom