• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Finally an ascended staff

6QigGyA.png

Mxrz

Things without health are a bad idea. Learned the hard way in gw1. Overall the spec looks like a big upgrade. So much stability, might, vuln and weakness. Seems like 'no internal cooldown' was mentioned a lot. Wonder if they take the Uncharted approach to spec balancing.

Starting in about an hour!

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 18 ☆

Event #4 - Loreclaw Expanse

Required Character Level: 1 (12 Recommended)
Required Zone: Plains of Ashford

Recommended Waypoint: Loreclaw Waypoint — [&BMcDAAA=]

Proven

Before HoT I need to make time to level my Engineer and/or Ranger to 80. Elementalist and Revenant can wait. Technically Mesmer isn't 80 yet but he's sitting on tomes and I'll probably play him in PvP more anyway.

Mxrz

Finished the Necro's ascended, hit the usual road block on runes. It would be really nice if HoT brought a rebalance of runes. Buff some of the lesser ones, Bring back some of the limited time recipes. +% dmg modifiers are just too good.

Retro

What happens to the authenticator if I switch my phones? Do I need to deactivate it or something?

How can I remove the Authenticator App from my account or change the device I use to authenticate?
If you still have access to the device with the app, you can remove the Authenticator App from the account management page by following these steps:

1. Click the “Security” link at the top of the page, then “Edit” on the left side next to “2-Step Verification.”
  2. Click “UNLINK YOUR AUTHENTICATOR.”
  3. Enter the new code displayed by the app in the first box.
  4. When the code changes, enter the new code in the second box.
  5. Click “NEXT” and “FINISH.”
  6. To keep your account secure, click “Edit” on the left side next to “2-Step Verification” again to set up a new authentication method.
(source)

Retro

Well, it doesn't say if I need to deactivate the authenticator if I change phones but keep the same number.

I think it's based on the device.

Wait, are you using an authenticator app like Google Authenticator, or SMS where they text/call you the code?

spiritfox

I think it's based on the device.

Wait, are you using an authenticator app like Google Authenticator, or SMS where they text/call you the code?

Google Auth.

Edit: Looking around the Google Auth FAQ, I think it's tied to the number, so I should be fine.

Retro

Google Auth.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you need to disable it on one device and re-enable it on another. It specifically says in the heading "or change the device I use to authenticate".

A quick look at the forums seems to confirm, people who didn't set it up before they lost access to the old device had to wait for support to remove it.

Edit: I see your edit, if they say it's fine you should be good, just trying to prevent any potential headaches. =)

Google Auth.

Edit: Looking around the Google Auth FAQ, I think it's tied to the number, so I should be fine.
I had to send in a ticket because I upgraded my phone. Still had same number but the app would not work. At the time they didn't have the sms auth functionality so maybe if you both Google and SMS you are ok.

ANETTV, Food Channel where they cook in game food! Cool!

Here is hoping they have some kind of machinima channel where they tell side stories using in game NPCs.

Retro

It's that time of the week again...

~ One hour to Saturday Night Guild Mission Fever
Hawkian will not be present at the start of missions tonight but will attempt to be home in time for the lottery. If he's not able to make it, any tickets purchased this week will carry over to next week's drawing.

Come hang out with us on Mumble (server info can be found by quoting the OT) and jam with us on https://plug.dj/gaf (please be respectful of the guild policies in your music selections!)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
It's that time of the week again...

~ One hour to Saturday Night Guild Mission Fever
Hawkian will not be present at the start of missions tonight but will attempt to be home in time for the lottery. If he's not able to make it, any tickets purchased this week will carry over to next week's drawing.

Come hang out with us on Mumble (server info can be found by quoting the OT) and jam with us on https://plug.dj/gaf (please be respectful of the guild policies in your music selections!)

Anything I can do here today at lvl 45? Almost 46

Retro

Anything I can do here today at lvl 45? Almost 46

All of the Guild Puzzles for sure since they're in 1-15 and 15-25 zones. We usually try to get the lowest level bounty we can but it's all randomly determined. Same with challenge and Rush; it might give us a challenge in Fields of Ruin (30-40) or it might send us to Mount Maelstrom (60-70). Rushes tend to be slightly lower level, but there's still a few level 80 ones.

When HoT comes out, Missions won't be randomized anymore and we can tell in advance exactly what level folks need to be. Right now, all we can really do is estimate. =(

Thorgal

Once again a small change in outfit of my Warrior .

gw22015-09-2002-57-579py4u.jpg

At this point i have decided to stop crafting stuff for legendary's and until HOT is out to just hoard everything like mad.
That way i can get a leg up on making the shiny new toys well get and save me a lot of headache .

Retro

Got another friend who needs a good guild Kaninte.4653.

Looks like Jira got them invited. Be sure to let them know to hit "G" and accept the invite and to represent. Also make sure they know about the guild's policy, especially as it relates to language and hate speech (It's basically NeoGAF's TOS, nothing outlandish).

Power supply died so I can only play GW2 on my toaster of a laptop :(

Boooo, sorry to hear that =(. I hear that's going around a lot lately, though.

Hit 80 on the Necro, meaning I now have one 80 of every class!

Threw some temple gear on em, with some crafted weapons for the most part. Should be set for HoT.

Stockpiled 35 tomes so far, plus the lv 30 scroll. Should have a good 43-45 tomes by the time it drops, which combined with running the normal world boss waypoints should easily get me to 80 on a Reverent.

Nemecyst

Looks like Jira got them invited. Be sure to let them know to hit "G" and accept the invite and to represent. Also make sure they know about the guild's policy, especially as it relates to language and hate speech (It's basically NeoGAF's TOS, nothing outlandish).

Thanks. They are coming from Wow as veteran raiders and are amazed at how good the community is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom