• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawk Hawk

Even with this revelation I'm still playing through story with my main first and then I'll go through it with my Sylvari Necro.

I'll probably focus on finishing story and LS with Necro for the rest of this month. I think I'm at Claw Island missions right now.

Understandable. I'm still fairly on the fence if I want to main Rev, I like Necro a lot and Reaper looks cool, but having something with party support would be a nice change of pace.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...vil-Specialization-Changes/page/6#post5517910

Idle/running animations while wielding a staff are not planned to change at this time. There are, however, a couple of animations being worked on as development continues.

:O

Also TOP OF THE PAGE

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★

☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 23 ☆

Event #5 - Spelunker's Delve, Spekks's Laboratory, and Tears of Itlaocol

Required Character Level: 1 (15 Recommended)
Required Zone: Caledon Forest

Recommended Waypoints:
Sleive's Waypoint — [&BP4FAAA=]
Gleaner's Cove Waypoint — [&BDcBAAA=]
Falias Thorp Waypoint — [&BD4BAAA=]

This event will take place 30 minutes after server reset (8:30 PM EDT) on Wednesday night.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoints. We'll get started as soon as everyone is ready!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nooooo it's Yom Kippur ;_; Gotta go to my aunt's right after work. I really hope I can make it home to go jumping I wanna jump

Dash – The extra distance has been removed for now as well. Dash now breaks immobilize in addition to its other effects. For now, the animation is just going to run you in the direction you’re dodging.

Impaling Lotus – The jump has been removed, as it caused issues that couldn’t be remedied. I’ll update if other things happen.

Look- I get the Daredevils unique Dodge mechanics were crazy, but taking away Lotus. That was really interesting and a different take on dodging. I really hope they have something else that is really cool!

And I hope they change their minds on the running animation. I can't decide if humans look weird running with a staff (daredevil/herald) because the length on most staffs are short (even Guild Staff, sorry Ash) or if its because they are running like they are Usain Bolt, with their elbows completely in to their chest.

It looks "okay" with a magic staff, but for a melee weapon it looks really weird. This though, is one of those things that people complain about in any game. People always have a problem with animations with these things!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I had yogurt already :<

Wuk0cXo.gif

Jira

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/coming-soon-twitchcon-and-stronghold-beta-event/

Friday, September 25

Starting Out in Guild Wars 2
First Look at the Ranger Elite Profession Specialization
Musical Performance
&#8220;A Taste of Tyria&#8221; with Jennifer Hale Adventures in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Premiere of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launch Trailer
PvP Discussion
WvW Discussion
Masteries
Skill Balance Preview
And more!

Saturday, September 26

Designing Raids in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
Returning to Guild Wars 2
Making of the Launch Trailer
Legendary Journey
&#8220;A Taste of Tyria&#8221; with Jennifer Hale
Story Missions
Intro to PvP
Heart of Thorns Maps
Community Showcase Live
Voice Acting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns: Behind the Scenes
And more!

Still think it's odd that they promote Jennifer Hale as ton as the voice of Queen Jenna, but don't push that she is also the voice of the playable female Syvari, a role you spend much more time listening too. I don't think they even mentioned that during the HoT reveal.

Also, she's really cool in real life, i've met her twice so far. She didn't have anything to sign at Pax south, so she signed my badge and took a picture with me (and pretty much everyone else).

Retro

She didn't have anything to sign at Pax south, so she signed my badge and took a picture with me (and pretty much everyone else).

That's why you should always carry around a martial arts weapon.

Also, out of all of my characters, I think her Sylvari Female voice is the closest to what I imagine in my head when I think of my character actually speaking, if that makes sense. Asuran Male is pretty close though too... female Asuran gets brownie points for the "You'll leave a dumb corpse" line though.

Thank you to everyone who attended the jumping puzzles and mini-dungeon tonight!

Zzy6sZ0.jpg

Congrats to Elfstruck for winning the five gold door prize!

Apple and Zeroth will be leading events on Wednesday nights going forward, so don't miss out!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
That third shot of the two angels jumping is beautiful

Full disclosure I am one of the angels

&#9733; Jumping Puzzle Event Series &#9733;
&#9734; NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 30 &#9734;

Event #6 - The Collapsed Observatory

Required Character Level: 1 (20 Recommended)
Required Zone: Kessex Hills

Recommended Waypoint:
Cereboth Waypoint — [&BBIAAAA=]

This event will take place 30 minutes after server reset (8:30 PM EDT) on Wednesday night.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoints. We'll get started as soon as everyone is ready!

&#9733; Dungeon Event Series &#9733;
&#9734; THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 27 &#9734;

Event #9 - Honor of the Waves
Explorable Paths 2 and 3

Required Character Level: 80
Required Zone: Frostgorge Sound

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

These events are intended to be rather casual, and they will be very new-player friendly. Players of every experience level are encouraged to participate, so please invite anyone who you think would like to join.

For each full party that completes a given week's dungeon run, five gold will be added to a door prize from which one participant's name will be drawn. So if five parties complete the event, you have a chance at winning an extra twenty-five gold! The more people who show up, the more money you can win!

&#9734; REMAINING DUNGEON EVENT SCHEDULE &#9734;

#9 - September 27 - Honor of the Waves
Explorable Paths 2/3

#10 - October 4 - Crucible of Eternity
Story Path and Explorable Paths 1/2/3

#11 - October 11 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

#12 - October 18 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3/4​

&#9734; DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE &#9734;

Callunah, Tyliout, Sonicbug, Crescendo, and Falsetto are currently the only members eligible for the original two hundred gold prize. In the case that all five complete the challenge, the prize will be increased so that each is guaranteed at least fifty gold.​

Rawk Hawk

That third shot of the two angels jumping is beautiful

Full disclosure I am one of the angels

I see three winged jumpers, so I'm not sure who should feel bad (or caught?) about not being an angel. Smart money is on apple since her head was cropped. Or is that falling, not jumping?

MikeDip

You people make me look like dirt. Your poor is my fantasy

Time to work it

Rawk Hawk

I honestly wasn't expecting this:

Wow, lots of skins unlocked it appears.

Here is mine, thanks for bringing this to my attention, cool site. the Rawk Hawk on hold for my Rev, Mrs Leftpaw being my beta character obviously.

edit: put in quotes for size, also looks like everyone has a lot of skins, damn Forerunner. Also missing from the photo, total account was worth 1,275 gold. :/

Taffer

I saw a LFG listing recently that required TS3 and GW2efficiency, I dunno if it was for a guild or dungeon run. Neither's good exactly but maybe one is less bad?

Quenk

I saw a LFG listing recently that required TS3 and GW2efficiency, I dunno if it was for a guild or dungeon run. Neither's good exactly but maybe one is less bad?

I'm guessing gw2effiency is for proof that someone is running a meta build. Seems a bit much for lfg imo

MikeDip

Do any of you use any special tools or overlays or websites while you play? That timer site looks useful, anyone use the overlay version they say they have?

Zeroth

I'm guessing gw2effiency is for proof that someone is running a meta build. Seems a bit much for lfg imo

I have been seeing listings like that for weeks and assumed they were a guild focused on gw2efficiency that required ts and was recruiting, because it sounded so ridiculous. I guess its a natural progression from the "ping your gear" lfgs

Do any of you use any special tools or overlays or websites while you play? That timer site looks useful, anyone use the overlay version they say they have?

Only overlay thing I use is this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2s3v8j/whentosalvage_overlay_for_rainmeter/ Very simple and I use it all the time. It's just a Rainmeter thing, it sits on top of my GW2 client.

I don't feel the need to use anything else. If I need a timer I can just stick the wiki page up on a second monitor, it has waypoints and countdowns, that's all I need. I only ever do Karka-Tequatl-Maw for world bosses on a good day.

Also, a lot of add-ons for this game might be unapproved, make sure that they don't do anything against the ToS before you start using stuff :x

Callunah

Neo Member
I hate that I missed this. I was planning to be there, but had no idea just how exhausted I was gonna be after both an early Dentist appointment and a late afternoon Dr. Appt, complete with poking, prodding, pushing, pincushioning and vaccines. Wow.. my arms are bruised and battered and I feel like I was inspected for slaughter or something. dang.. .remind me to never do that again all in one day. There's always next week tho!

we big jumpin

Jira

No Druid blog reveal?

Man, Ranger really getting left out in the cold.

Nah they want to reveal it all tomorrow without IGN spoiling everything. Tomorrow's stream is a very big thing for them. It's the single largest panel they've had since prior to launch. I'm gonna bet that they have a tight seal on any and all info.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Last day of my holiday but i brought a caravan down here so not the real end.

On that note i just took this pic 5 mins ago i think its beautiful

OdfL9Mvh.jpg

Rawk Hawk

Man you guys have characters that are worth more than my whole account.

Me and my 548g net worth...

Oddly enough a Warrior I leveled randomly and never used and my guardian are my highest characters.. I'm guessing character net worth doesn't take into consideration Ascended stuff since the weapons/armor have no TP value? Poor Lucy, looks like I never get her nice things...

Hedge

Nah they want to reveal it all tomorrow without IGN spoiling everything. Tomorrow's stream is a very big thing for them. It's the single largest panel they've had since prior to launch. I'm gonna bet that they have a tight seal on any and all info.

It will be streamed around this time tomorrow, right?

All I'm learning from this is that I need a few more character slots.

Also I totally thought one of my charas was a mesmer instead of an elementalist, that's why I have two now. X_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom