• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
MtAsT1p.gif

Retro

Druid healer confirmed

not sure how to feel about that

Ventari Legend for Revenant is support-oriented as well and it didn't seem too bad. None of these look like they'll allow you to healbot, but they're definitely the heaviest support specs we've seen in the game so far.

Fake Edit:
Scratch that, Celestial mode is straight up heal-botting with that #1 skill. Jesus.

t r i n i t y b o y z

converting harmful projectiles into healing projectiles whaaaaaat

GW2 has always had a soft trinity anyways.

Hedge

So staff has 4 heal skills, your glyphs are CC and then.. your class ability is even more direct healing and CC? So.. okay.

Dead

well not really...yet
So staff has 4 heal skills, your glyphs are CC and then.. your class ability is even more direct healing and CC? So.. okay.
Can see Druid getting a pretty beefy bunker build for PvP

holy fuck, traited, F5 removes ALL conditions

This shit is OP!

Dead

well not really...yet
This.. is going to get nerfed the second it releases. This is the epitome of whynotboth.gif of healing and CC.
Yeah this is going to wreck

and they havent even gone over how F5 changes glyphs yet

People need to count how many new Rangers they notice in the starting zones later today, LOL

Retro

twist : the skill ballance panel will reveal that instead of nerfing skills all classes get ridiculous buffs .

There is a class balance panel coming up. Seemed odd that it was included in there when they just did a balance update when they changed over to the new specialization system, but... that makes sense, in theory.

Edit: Oh for fuck's sake, Smokescale and Wyvern pets?
5KULbG1.gif

Hedge

With celestial form, I'm not sure why you'd want to choose staff though. Depending on how long it takes for celestial form to charge of course. Every ranger could roll druid (and sacrifice a trait line) and be emergency heal.

Retro

bros do you see the movement of the grass when it flaps its wings.

Grass always moves from stuff though, you can shoot through it and watch it get pushed out. Really noticeable in the Hidden Garden JP where they have that super long grass.

Edit: Yeah, class balance preview is going to have goodies for everyone. Later today, apparently.

Hedge

Rebalanced ranger. I'm more excited for that, than the healbot. I really, really, really hope they're touching on pet functionality. Please!

Dead

well not really...yet
It kind of feels like they saved the best for last.

This thing is a beast. I mean, jeezus. Way to completely embarrass some of the other elites like Tempest, Daredevil and Berzerker

Also nice to hear hype for balance changes. Interested in what they change for Necro

Hedge

I'm still not sure I'd choose staff when I can apparently deal amazing healing out and CC without it. Aside from the barrier and the immobilize, I'm not liking it too much.

Now my heal oriented guardian feels terrible, though. I feel as if there's no reason not to just opt for dragonhunter, unless they give guardian heals a massive boost.

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm still not sure I'd choose staff when I can apparently deal amazing healing out and CC without it. Aside from the barrier and the immobilize, I'm not liking it too much.
Yeah seems to me you could spec it out to be a pretty good damage dealer with the usual Ranger loadout, then complement with Celestial Form and some of the glyphs in a variety of ways.

Seeing a lot of people complaining that Druid means being pigeon holed as only a healer but I dont think theyre looking at the big picture.

Anno

Damnit, all my old EQ/EQ2/WoW healer nostalgia is kinda coming back. That's a really cool looking spec; hopefully ANet continues to further ascribe to the "make everything overpowered" rule of balance.

Fishious

So that was... something. Not sure what to think about Druid as a ranger player. It's so different from anything the ranger or really any class save maybe Revenant with Ventari can do. I was happy to hear that there will be some core ranger rebalances. I noticed the new pets they showed off actually had a non-zero condition damage stat so hopefully they'll fix that for the existing pets. Of course we'll need to see more of the new content to really see how each of the professions/elite specs will fit in.

Edit: Also I feel like that bottom line of traits could be pretty useful on a non-healing druid so I don't think the takeaway is "everything was healing".

Wanderer5

Druid sounds pretty sweet. I not sure if I going to try it much even through it sounds like the type of thing I would be interested in for WvW, buuuuut Herald at least should fit the bill still.

Retro

Druids don't want to be too flashy, they're going to get focused down by enemy zergs as it is in WvW. You don't want to hang a flashing neon sign on that kinda thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom