• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Which, just to be clear, is their usual form just more shadowy I guess. No spirits or animals or cool shizznit.

Well least it won't be called out as a WoW Druid rippoff!:p

I dealt with that from a couple folks back when this expansion was revealed.<.<

Thorgal

heh , not a minute of that SAB song starting at the live music section and already a crowd started gathering in front of the SAB box . :p

Thorgal

for those unable to watch the stream and missed the ranger elite :

New Pets

Tiger
Smokescale- A dinosaur that you can tame. It creates a smoke field and while it is in it, it will evade attacks constantly and immune to all conditions. Creates a potentially very tanky pet.
Bristleback &#8211; Brutal condition applying dinosaur. Consistently shoot spines at its targets, frequently applying bleeds to them.The F2 skill make its next several attacks applies bleeding at every strike.
Electric Wyvern &#8211; Activated ability performs a head charge, stunning and knock up any enemy caught in its path. At end of the charge, it will leave behind a lightning field.
Fire Wyvern &#8211; Has an activated ability where it flies up in the air and spew down fire from the air, creating a pulsating fire field. It is also immune while in the air.
Tooltips: http://imgur.com/a/htbTx

Staff Skills

Tooltips: http://i.imgur.com/obaR9oN.jpg
Solar Beam: Any ally between you and the target that are caught inside the beam will be healed by you. 3 Pulses, 1200 range. The healing numbers you see on the tooltips are without stats so they will be better ingame.
Astral Wisp: Cast a wisp on the target, it will deal damage to the target initially but any ally that it pass through will be healed. Good support for melee characters.
Astral Gace: Movement based skill that can you into position. Can be used as an escape or gap closer. Heal allies at the location you end up. It serve also as a burst because it creates a blast finisher at that locale.
Vine Surge: Fires off a cascade of vines, shooting toward your enemy to immobilize them. Allies caught in it are freed from movement impairing conditions.
Sublime Conversion: Take any damaging projectiles and negate them without actually destroying them. It will turn incoming projectiles into healing projectiles. It will not work on projectiles coming from above so you will need to position yourself so that the projectiles are coming in at an angle and passes through the wall.

Utilities (Glyphs)

Glyph skills will change in depending if you are on the Celestial Avatar form or the normal form.
Tooltips: http://i.imgur.com/v1X4FOr.jpg
Normal Form Glyph Skill

Glyph of Rejuvenation: Heal yourself for a lot, heal allies within 300 radius for less than you get.
Glyph of Alignment: Applies conditions, cripple and weakness in the target area. Giving you a chance to escape. You can charge in using Astral Grace, then pop Glyph of Rejuvenation/Alignment to help your allies escape.
Glyph of Equality: Daze, does a mass AoE interrupt within 300 radius.
Glyph of the Tides: AoE knockback of 360 radius. Give you and allies chance to escape or interrupt. Will see lots of use in PvP/WvW
Glyph of Empowerment: Damaging support utility that boost nearby allies and your damage by 10% for the next 5-6s.
Glyph of Unity: Tethers you to enemies. Any damage you take during the tether is propagated to enemies tethered to you. You are still taking the damage while tethered but you can use Glyph of Alignment for example to reduce the incoming damage to you without affecting the propagated damage. Glyph of Stone also works here to make you immune to damage while you propagate the incoming damage.

Glyph Changes in Celestial Avatar Form

Glyph of Rejuvenation: You get healed for 1-2k, all allies get healed for 5-6k
Glyph Alignment: Instead of applying conditions, heal allies and removes conditions from them very quickly
Glyph of Equality: AoE stun break that also heal allies.
Glyph of Empowerment: Increase outgoing heals of allies
Glyph of the Tides: AoE pull, draw nearby enemies to you.
Glyph of Unity: All allies nearby are tethered, whenever you are healed, allies you are tethered to are also healed.

Celestial Transform (F5)

Build up your astral force via attacking/healing, transforming into a Celestial Avatar. Gaining a new set of skills, any glyphs you have turn into celestial forms.
Tooltips: http://i.imgur.com/Ejo8OmZ.jpg
Cosmic Ray: No cooldown targeted ground application of straight up strong healing. You can pump out a lot of healing with this skill.
Seed of Life: Plant a seed on the ground, when it bursts it heals allies and cleanse conditions. This skill is under review and we might add something else to it in the future.
Lunar Impact: Drops a lunar missile on you, dazing enemies and healing allies in the process. It is a pretty strong daze, it is something you can use to break down a break bar.
Tidal Surge: A channeled ability that is a huge constantly pulsating heal that heals for over 1k per tick. It also creates a water field and very visible for your allies.
Natural Convergence: Immediately start to cripple and harm enemies in the range while you are casting. If this cast is completed, all enemy within range are bleed and immobilized for 5s.

traits :

zSdMj1R.jpg

Fishious

Gaile said she already put in a request for that on the forum .

Awesome.

If we fight Mordremoth as part of the expansion I feel like they should set it to the HoT theme, then transition to a rock version like they had on the stream for the final stretch of the fight. That would be totally mind blowing.

Mxrz

eh,

If you're going to introduce something as big as suddenly having dedicated healers, seems like you would want to do that early on and not 3-4 weeks before release. That would be a pretty whopping change. Until I see otherwise, I don't believe there will be a giant pve meta shift. This all looks like pure red bar stuff, and not protection prayers, so I'd place money on some global degens or something. The people suddenly expecting trinity might be jumping the gun.

Can't see this being terribly useful in conquest either.

Names stay with your account for a specific period of time after you delete a character, right? One of my original characters is named "Blonde Girly Druid," but she is unfortunately a Mesmer. So I want to delete her and remake her as a Ranger-Druid, because duh.

Which PvP build makes you laugh out loud?
The idea that I have one.

Zeroth

eh,

If you're going to introduce something as big as suddenly having dedicated healers, seems like you would want to do that early on and not 3-4 weeks before release. That would be a pretty whopping change. Until I see otherwise, I don't believe there will be a giant pve meta shift. This all looks like pure red bar stuff, and not protection prayers, so I'd place money on some global degens or something. The people suddenly expecting trinity might be jumping the gun.

This will only possibly affect raids and future fractals. Current PvE content will probably remain the way it is, outside of some class changes.

So what's the state of condition damage builds right now? Any big overhauls mentioned as part of HoT for condition damage?

I haven't used such a thing much recently and I know there's been some controversy over their balance over the course of the game.

Morokh

Names stay with your account for a specific period of time after you delete a character, right? One of my original characters is named "Blonde Girly Druid," but she is unfortunately a Mesmer. So I want to delete her and remake her as a Ranger-Druid, because duh.

A name is bound to your account for 24 hours once you delete a character.

Fishious

So what's the state of condition damage builds right now? Any big overhauls mentioned as part of HoT for condition damage?

I haven't used such a thing much recently and I know there's been some controversy over their balance over the course of the game.

I haven't read anything about condition changes for HoT. They did say they would be going over some balance changes on the twitch stream at some point so there might be something there.

I'm not sure what you mean by "recently", but as of the Trait/Specialization changes earlier this year conditions generally became more viable. Specifically for some professions burning builds can rival zerker builds. I'm not too big on following the meta so someone else can probably answer better.

Proven

Hearing about Fractal Masteries being aimed to help mitigate some of the difficulty they're adding in the higher level Fractals, it makes me wonder if it's possible to turn off Masteries that you've obtained so you can attempt challenges without them.

Jira

eh,

Dungeons wont be affected, higher level Fractals may see a change, but raids will absolutely use dedicated healing. That and open world PvE. They did not create these specs for the hell of it, it's created with very specific content in mind and the open world.

Mxrz

This will only possibly affect raids and future fractals. Current PvE content will probably remain the way it is, outside of some class changes.

Fractals falls under the 'see it to believe it' bit, but raids sure. But designing a spec around content a majority of players might not do - at least as far as the snooty types are hoping with raids - is a bit bold. Rangers aren't exactly as well off as Guardians and Elementalist either.

Drawing more attention to Pact Commander being required for autoloot still doesn't make it sound any less annoying. This is a pretty big QoL change hidden behind an XP req. Why do that.

Retro

Drawing more attention to Pact Commander being required for autoloot still doesn't make it sound any less annoying. This is a pretty big QoL change hidden behind an XP req. Why do that.

Prevents botting, and it's not something you want to give to new players with 10 bag slots... It doesn't really bug me much since it's part of the "Central Tyria" Masteries, so you're not draining points from your Heart of Maguuma ones to get it.

But why is only Druid a Strong Healer?

How are they going to solve the "looking for druid" problem?

Revenant in Ventari stance is pretty solid too, and I wouldn't be surprised if the balance changes today have some improvements for existing support roles like Shout Warriors, Water Eles, etc. At least I hope so.

Wanderer5

Last beta weekend is next weekend. Course the weekend that I going to be busy lol, but will have some time still. Will probably just focus on Herald and Scrapper.

Oh wow a raid encounter is going to open this beta weekend. I not sure if I want to do that this time lol. Maybe that Sunday.

Mxrz

I'd love to see shoutbow return, but figure that ship has sailed. Most 'healing' skills scale so terrible with Healing power.

usea

I wasn't able to watch the twitchcon stuff earlier. Just now catching up.

The only thing that could get me to strongly consider switching mains is a healing/support-focused druid. And it sounds like that's what's happening?!

Time to get a ranger to 80. Gonna be dual-maining it for a while.

Proven

Accidentally had it muted so I missed part of it, but from the PvP stream, they're aiming for a balance patch every 2-3 months between each 8 week PvP season. After a balance patch there will be 2 weeks for settling and bug fixing before the next 8 week PvP season.

I might be off about the balance patch cadence though.

Ashodin

Accidentally had it muted so I missed part of it, but from the PvP stream, they're aiming for a balance patch every 2-3 months between each 8 week PvP season. After a balance patch there will be 2 weeks for settling and bug fixing before the next 8 week PvP season.

I might be off about the balance patch cadence though.

*Proven intensifies*

Proven

Stream on WvW now with Colin.

Commander functionality changes is the big reveal.

Edit with Notes:
You can make closed or invite only Squads.
WvW Squads now have up to 50.
You can see class icons, number of people in squad, and total supply in a squad at just a glance.
You can create Squad subgroups (essentially makes a party in the squad for the case of party buffs and healing).
You can see the split supply in each subgroup as well.
Each player's icon in the UI also doubles as their health bar. It turns grey if they're too far or in another map.
The UI is scalable (can be stretched or scrunched).
You can have a ready check. Every player gets an icon to click for ready and you can see if everyone is ready before heading out.
You can broadcast to squad. Type something into text bar and when you hit Enter it will show up in big letters across everyone's screen, including your own.

The Squad UI will be in BWE3 next week!

Showed off the unique Guild upgrade abilities for Stonemist Castle, the Cloaking Fountain Water and Airship Airstrike.
Cloaking Water gives a 2 minute stealth buff. There's a 2 minute cooldown to using the fountain.
The Airship... is a complete carpet bombing. CC +10k damage per hit, multiple ships rotate around about 3 times. Jeez...

Personal wish 1: When you see an objective claimed by a guild, I wish you could click on one of the flags holding their emblem so you can learn their name and tag. Both for allies and enemies.
Personal wish 2: Commander Tags had an option of using your guild emblem instead of just the generic badge.

I didn't pay enough attention. Personal Wish 1 is granted with the new claiming system already.

Retro

These WvW UI changes are realllllllly good looking. We'll definitely use them for missions too.

Wow, the cloaking water WvW buff is a 2 minute duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom