• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Last day of my holiday but i brought a caravan down here so not the real end.

On that note i just took this pic 5 mins ago i think its beautiful

OdfL9Mvh.jpg
Amazing pic queen!

Spyware

None of my 40 characters is worth more than 200g each. Most hover around 50g. I had way fewer skins (and those I have are worth less) than I thought. I clearly win the e-peen competition when it comes to dyes tho. Got them all.

Impossible, it's still sunny out... unless.. you're from the future.

Do the robots take over?
I think so because it's all dark and scary outside! With creepy odd light everywhere! Must be the robots! Cresc just went out too, maybe he won't come back now! The daaaarkness ate him!

Retro

My account value isn't too terribly high since I've spent a bit of money getting my Engineer into Ascended gear, which can't be sold so has no value. I'm never too desperate for money so I think I have just as much as I need. I don't need to buy 2k gold skins or anything, I have enough to get by, outfit alts decently and buy goodies for people as gifts. I don't need much more than I have, being super rich has never been a goal for me in MMOs.

I clearly win the e-peen competition when it comes to dyes tho. Got them all.

A new challenger appears! (I have 'em all too)

I think so because it's all dark and scary outside! With creepy odd light everywhere! Must be the robots! Cresc just went out too, maybe he won't come back now! The daaaarkness ate him!

It seems the doomsday predictions were off by a day, even Target is phasing in robotic pharmacists. We're all doomed!

Retro

All of them?

Every one?

Holy cow

I don't spend money on anything though. Apart from dyes, the Gallant Skins (some of which were BL Tickets) and being impatient with Elonian Leather (which is the cheapest of the Ascended materials anyways) for Professor Retro's gear, I haven't spent anything in the last 6-8 months (waypoint fees and such aside). I've bought a couple gifts for people (skins, a few dyes for the missus), but that's about it. Some of those were gem store purchases. Before that, I think my biggest purchase was Rodgort's Flame when they were under 100g, just so I could make a Legendary if I ever felt the desire to make one.

I usually play every damn day though, hit up a few world bosses, clear a dungeon path or two... it adds up when you're not spending any.

Makes that awesome third birthday gift useless unless they later add new dye packs in there :(

Yeah, I'm hoping they let you get future dyes with them, otherwise I'm gonna be kinda sad.

Ashodin

As expected, the only person who's posted on this thread that can contend is Forerunner (because he is INSANE)

XKYMeSd.gif

One clue as to where most of my money is tied up.

Thorgal

i just found myself a new favorite group of people to speed run dungeons with .

Did all 3 paths of CM in less then 20 minutes .

Retro

I've been insanely lucky on skins, in that they've only made one set (Gallant skins) that were a "must have" for me because of my particular tastes. I tend to like realistic stuff (probably the flashiest stuff I have are the Chaos skins for my mesmer, and even those are kind of plain-looking except for being bright white) so most of the regular skins are fine for me.

If they made more skins that were along the lines of Bonetti's Rapier or the Gallant skins, I'd be in much worse shape.

Ashodin

I came across Bonetti's the other day I opened bags and man that skin is *whistle*. Good stuff.

Reminds me of this little beauty

Domingo's_sword.png

Which in turn is what it was named for!

Inigo: You are using Bonetti's defense against me, uh?
Man In Black: I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Mxrz

I'd say the calculator is off a fair bit given the way it treats ascended. My full ascended characters clock in at 3 gold. Bank tab of boxes & trinkets has 0 value. Nice for calculating materials still.

Not seeing much of a reason to go Zerk over Valk on the Revenant. Changing stats is easy, but changing runes not so much so. Dislike the notion of going with one stat, plopping in pricy runes, and then changing my mind later. Always a chance the 40% fury trait gets nerfed too.

That's sort of an issue with GW2. Haven't played modern mmos enough to know if its true there, but back in GW1 you never had to worry about a future change making your expensive gear less useful. But then outside of superior vigor (absorb too those first few years) there was no expensive 'gear' to worry about.

Retro

That's sort of an issue with GW2. Haven't played modern mmos enough to know if its true there, but back in GW1 you never had to worry about a future change making your expensive gear less useful. But then outside of superior vigor (absorb too those first few years) there was no expensive 'gear' to worry about.

That's common in other MMOs as well, but it doesn't have as much of an impact because the gear treadmill has you replacing everything whenever they release new content anyways.

Zeroth

I'd say the calculator is off a fair bit given the way it treats ascended. My full ascended characters clock in at 3 gold. Bank tab of boxes & trinkets has 0 value. Nice for calculating materials still.

Not seeing much of a reason to go Zerk over Valk on the Revenant. Changing stats is easy, but changing runes not so much so. Dislike the notion of going with one stat, plopping in pricy runes, and then changing my mind later. Always a chance the 40% fury trait gets nerfed too.

There has been a discussion on Berserker vs Valkyrie on the forums. Rule of thumb is that you will need some zerker/assassin pieces to reach 100% crit chance with fury, but I would wait a more detailed breakdown from DnT before investing on gear. In special, it seems like you might depend on some external buffs (spotter, banner) to get to 100% wearing full valk. My recommendation? Berserker armor+weapons and Valkyrie/Berservalkyrie trinkets.

Yea, I noticed that my mesmer has a calculated value of 15 gold, even though he's equipped with the Abyssal Scepter (valued at ~300 gold on TP).

Fishious

Oh boy, e-peen time.

Only a bit above average. And about 200 gold over what I actually have since 4 of those are beta characters.

On another note, would someone mind adding a couple of my non-GAF friends to the guild? I'll go over GAF policy with them later tonight. We've been trying to get by with our 3-4 man guild, but we've hit a wall in what we can do. I'll probably start repping more and joining in on guild events since after 3 years I've given up on ever having 4 of my friends online at once.

Deus.6704
CaptPriest.6042

Proven

Nah they want to reveal it all tomorrow without IGN spoiling everything. Tomorrow's stream is a very big thing for them. It's the single largest panel they've had since prior to launch. I'm gonna bet that they have a tight seal on any and all info.

As much I really wanted a blog post either today or yesterday, all I could think about with the twitchcon stuff tomorrow was the IGN debacle, lol.

Retro

The stream is likely to be amazing as well.
CPtDLIhWoAAwlV9.jpg:large

he ArenaNet booth is coming together.
CPtI4V_UkAAJD-_.jpg:large

Who can beat Colin?

I should say so. Looks like it's going to be that mix of super enthusiasm and embarrassment that gaming shows are so well known for. Hopefully nothing as cringe-y as that mouth-breather in the audience at PAX South, not that they could have predicted that.

Retro

Oh man I'm stoked, it's going to be a blast, isn't it?

With HoT less than a month away, I think this is pretty much going to be their big info blow out. I don't think they'll reveal too much information (they love surprising people with stuff) but look at this freakin' line up;

Friday, September 25
  • Starting Out in Guild Wars 2
  • First Look at the Ranger Elite Profession Specialization
  • Musical Performance
  • “A Taste of Tyria” with Jennifer Hale
  • Adventures in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
  • Premiere of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launch Trailer
  • PvP Discussion
  • WvW Discussion
  • Masteries
  • Skill Balance Preview
  • And more!
Saturday, September 26
  • Designing Raids in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
  • Returning to Guild Wars 2
  • Making of the Launch Trailer
  • Legendary Journey
  • “A Taste of Tyria” with Jennifer Hale
  • Story Missions
  • Intro to PvP
  • Heart of Thorns Maps
  • Community Showcase Live
  • Voice Acting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns: Behind the Scenes
  • And more!

Adventures, PVP, WvW, Masteries, Skill Balance, Legendaries, Story Missions, Heart of Thorns Maps, Druid and a new trailer? Even if half of that is info we've already heard there's a lot going on there. I think it would have been cool to be at PAX South for the reveal and PAX Prime for their raid reveal, but I feel like this could end up the show I wish I had been at the most.

It's funny; Blizzard announces an expansion with the trailer and then dumps all of the info at once, leaving people to sit and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait. As frustrating as the slow trickle of info has been from ArenaNet, it's been a hell of a lot better than "Here's all the cool stuff you have to look forward to in a year!" in my opinion.

That was one of the more frustrating parts of the Expansion model that had me concerned but they've been doing a great job except for a few weeks here and there.

Proven

Ranger Specialization to show at 2:20PM EST.

But there's a GW2 game show at 1:45Pm...

And there's a section called Quaggan Thoughts at 1:40 PM...

Edit: They also promised a WvW related reveal for later today. Colin said it's something unexpected by many. Any guesses? Mine: Getting rid of/changing the server system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom