• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedge

Legendary Journey-segment is after this, right? Come onnn so I can stop being distracted and do actual work on my project. Uuuugh.

Wanderer5

Meh at having to make new beta characters. Probably had to reset my Rev anyway.:p

The raid just keeps sounding more and more interesting.

And was wondering about Halloween yesterday heh and there it is.

Retro

Jeez, listening to the stream, Colin's voice keeps cracking... and here I was bitching about sitting here watching for 8 hours, they've probably been talking non-stop this whole show.

Legendary Journey-segment is after this, right? Come onnn so I can stop being distracted and do actual work on my project. Uuuugh.

I think there's another segment between them, but I'm not sure.

Edit: Looks like an encore of yesterday's music concert. I could complain, but I really liked it so I'm happy to hear it again.

Shiokazu

GAF GAF ;-; DONT CULL ME. I JUST GOT A TERRIBLE ACCIDENT WITH THIS COMPUTER

My HDD is dying pretty fast, so im trying to keep as minimum occupied space as possible in the HD, in order to have space to relocate any data that i can savage from the bad sectors that arise, i cant afford a new one now.

so im pretty limited to what i can even do in this computer. everything else is fine but the computer is constantly chugging and freezing and its hell. really its a lot of hell.

i am going to be still playing GW2 but i need a new HDD first, they cost a little here and i totally dont have money to get a SSD, plus its a laptop, i can only have one drive.

Retro

GAF GAF ;-; DONT CULL ME. I JUST GOT A TERRIBLE ACCIDENT WITH THIS COMPUTER

Yeah, we'll make sure you're in the guild. We've had lots of people have computer issues or vacation ask not to be culled, we'll make a note of it and make sure you're still in.

Good luck with your PC issues, see you when we can!

Shiokazu

Shiokazu we don't cull immediately those who can't play :p

but its been weeks i was worried and i was like " what is my neogaf password again? " since it was remember me, so i didnt had to put the pass.

its been terrible too, not much people to talk, so, the dispersonalization disorder gets weird...

i even lost the invasions, which i was looking forward.

Retro

but its been weeks i was worried and i was like " what is my neogaf password again? " since it was remember me, so i didnt had to put the pass.

its been terrible too, not much people to talk, so, the dispersonalization disorder gets weird...

Make sure you've got your GAF password written down, that's a tough one to get resolved quickly, and don't worry; the invasion wasn't too great, honestly.

Ashodin

You're such an active member when you can play so you're safe. Letting us know was the right thing to do.

Hedge

giphy.gif

Mxrz

Every time the evolved wurm chest bugs out (like every other kill now) I am reminded of how awesome it is that I've forked over $100+ on the game this year. Best content ever. 10/10, ANet.

Retro

pre-hunting gonna annoy people..

Actually, this all sounds amazing; a good excuse to go out into the world and do all sorts of cool stuff, see things you haven't seen or do things you haven't done before. I'd much rather go through all of these cool individual steps vs. farm gold or flush items down the toilet. Each precursor sounds like it has a different process you have to go through so it's not super repetitive either.

Hedge

I did not expect it to be this extensive. I really hope that the legendary precursor isn't aimed at the best players, honestly. I saw a few fractal ones, and that's fine since that takes little coordination. I just hope there won't be any "dance on the first raid boss' corpse"-type things, where it's effectively locked away for a large segment of players. I don't mind legendary armor being for the best of the best with the best guilds, but I kind of liked that even casual players with bad connections like me could work towards it slooooooowly.
I can't wait to see what the new legendaries will be. I love the idea that the chrome in the Juggernaught is a chrome ooze that you trained yourself. That's neat.

Retro

I did not expect it to be this extensive. I really hope that the legendary precursor isn't aimed at the best players, honestly. I saw a few fractal ones, and that's fine since that takes little coordination. I just hope there won't be any "dance on the first raid boss' corpse"-type things, where it's effectively locked away for a large segment of players.

Yeah, I'm hoping it won't be that bad, and the most group-oriented stuff is limited to stuff like Fractals (which can be done at low Fractal level) or dungeons (Ooze Royalty is almost guaranteed for Juggernaut, btw). If raids are involved, that's a serious misstep.

I've got about 41% of the gold i need for The Colossus, which was about 890 gold last I saw. Don't know if I should buy HOT and do this instead. Either way, this might drive the price down.

Also isn't the chrome quicksilver?

Mxrz

Unless you're dying to have it now (Which isn't a bad thing at all) always better to wait.

I've been under the impression that legendary armor precursors won't be raid only, just that they will drop there. If that is true, can't see them making raid only items for precursor collections.

As for raids - figure they'll end up puggable once people figure out the mechanic. If they prove truly limited, ANet will get to learn the Wildstar lesson about what happens when content is limited to only a tiny segment of your population. But they should've learned that back in 2006.

Crafting vs RNG is actual a sticking point too. If Legendary armor doesn't require 500 crafting in some fashion, that is probably some feathers ruffled.

docbon

PRECURSORS ARE GONNA CRASH HARD BABY

BETTER GET TO SELLING THEM NOW BEFORE THEY REACH COPPER TIER

I'll be sitting by this black lion merchant in the mean time.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
What can I do with these dragon ore things? I can't deposit anymore since it's full, and its a crafting material I cant sell? Why's that?

also, silverwastes are really fun! I like the part where you turn into glowing light looking for chests, and the lane thing to fight the vine master

What can I do with these dragon ore things? I can't deposit anymore since it's full, and its a crafting material I cant sell? Why's that?

also, silverwastes are really fun! I like the part where you turn into glowing light looking for chests, and the lane thing to fight the vine master

Wiki Princess Princess will eat the extra Ore you have certain amount per day...

Cool will check this out, thanks!

Princess for dragonite ore, Mawdrey ii for bloodstone dust, and Star of Gratitude for empyreal fragments, princes and star are easy to get, Mawdrey ii takes time and you need to have season 2 purchased to get the rewards to create Mawdrey ii..

Edit: For now Star of Gratitude is unobtainable since you weren't playing December 2014, hopefully it brought back this December..

Wanderer5

Wait, the Star wasn't a Christmas only thing? You can still get it?

I wonder actually, since you can still get the mysterious grubby packages, but there was the Holiday Display Case that you had to get to unlock the collection. Wonder if Grawnk and the two kids are still around then for those that haven't done it yet.

spiritfox

They are for ascended crafting, so if you want to go that route you should keep them. Otherwise do the above.

Retro

Excellent missions as usual, congratz to all of our lotto winners. Makeups Missions are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Stream just confirmed Halloween will be going live on the 23rd, same day as Heart of Thorns.

Is there anything I should do to get ready for halloween? It seems those events are time limited so I want to make the most of it

thx for helping us GAF guild!

i was the baby bear who made it lol

We are all baby bears

This weekend I experienced that feeling of setting up an alt with bags, leveling crafting disciplines, etc. and then deciding I actually would've preferred a different race and deleting the character. Welp.

Mxrz

Another wurm kill, another no-reward. After HoT releases, I'd really like to see ANet go back and do some general maintenance, bug fixes and exploit patches. The game is starting to feel rickety.

Retro

Is there anything I should do to get ready for halloween? It seems those events are time limited so I want to make the most of it

- Take up a religion (your choice).
- Pray multiple times a day.
- Learn some new curse words.
- Practice jumping.

The Mad King's Clock Tower JP takes no prisoners.

Otherwise, not really. Just enjoy it when it gets here, and hopefully they'll slip some new stuff in there and we can all be surprised together (last year was kind of a bust).

This weekend I experienced that feeling of setting up an alt with bags, leveling crafting disciplines, etc. and then deciding I actually would've preferred a different race and deleting the character. Welp.

Yeah, I know that feeling (I blew up my first character ever, a level 68 warrior, because I wasn't feeling the Norn Female's animations), and in retrospect I would have made a few different choices for my characters. For example, I've got a female human guardian with 500 weaponsmithing I never play and wish I could swap her over to a Charr.

Oh well, just an excuse to roll alts.

Another wurm kill, another no-reward. After HoT releases, I'd really like to see ANet go back and do some general maintenance, bug fixes and exploit patches. The game is starting to feel rickety.

Try contacting support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom