• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made my first character and her dye looks like shit, but I guess it doesn't matter much in the beginning?

I always like chars with good design but if I can fix it later on as I get new gear then whatever. But dye isn't gear depended, right? If I get new gear the dye theme will stay the same?
Dyes are account unlocks that you can apply to armor at any time in your character screen. Same screen where you change gear or gear appearance.

KovjEkq.gif

This is why ANET won't give us capes.

Minamu

GW2Style is worth a shot (cannot link from here so google it )
Thanks, I'll look into it :)

You know you can just use the in-game wardrobe function? It's the easiest and best way - half the armour you see will look terrible on your actual character.
That's true, could help a ton, but the sites usually show me where to get them and other info as well ^^ Good way to see how they really look though, yeah.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

March 10th Guild Wars 2 will get First-Person camera.

Guild Wars 2 will get a first-person camera mode on 10th March, NCSoft has announced.

"There aren't any restrictions on where first-person can be used," the press release said, which means you're free to use it while fighting other players or casually exploring the lustrous world.

In addition there will be a field of view slider; a horizontal/vertical position slider (to make an over-the-shoulder view, for example); a camera that focuses on a character's head; and a setting to alter when the camera snaps during collisions.

The new camera options will be shown working in a Twitch livestream tomorrow, Friday 27th February, 8pm GMT.

I think a lot of our guildies that play with controllers will be happy about the field of view slider, and horizontal/vertical position slider.

Retro

Love how all of these oft-requested features are just getting dropped in without much fanfare in the middle of expansion news.

Moondrop

Banned
Wow, this is amazing.

Is it too much to hope that camera settings can be saved as presets? There's already a need for presets of visual options.

Phazon

It is strange because ANET hates the GW2 player base and never listens to them.

I spoke to quite some ANET devs during the press days earlier this week and they're super aware of what the fans say, want and/or complain about :p

(I know your comment was sarcasm, but just saying)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that's a lot of camera fanciness

first person view is great and I hate all the shenanigans I need to do for a clean screenshot, but kos is totally right.. being able to mess with the camera position and FoV is going to be crazy for gamepad users, I'll be able to make it feel even more like an action game :3

HappyHunting

Neo Member
The more I read the updates and information on the expansion the more I feel I came back to this game at the right time. What I really can't wait to see is how the Revenant will be affecting current Builds and the new specializations. Well I hope at least.

first person view is great and I hate all the shenanigans I need to do for a clean screenshot, but kos is totally right.. being able to mess with the camera position and FoV is going to be crazy for gamepad users, I'll be able to make it feel even more like an action game :3

Finally!

I spoke to quite some ANET devs during the press days earlier this week and they're super aware of what the fans say, want and/or complain about :p

(I know your comment was sarcasm, but just saying)

When can you share pictures from the Event? You able to reveal WPs Identity?

Phazon

When can you share pictures from the Event? You able to reveal WPs Identity?

I"ve had breakfast with WP, haha :p https://twitter.com/Phazon4G/status/570488388542967808

Anyway, you can find some pictures of yesterday here (easier to link than 10 of different tweets and I don't know if they're easy to include here without making a long post?) http://www.4gamers.be/forum/index.p...-thorns-season-12-spoilers/page-5#entry298406

Sharing pictures was fine, as long as I didn't picture the game or talked about my experiences ^^

nataku

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...er&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

March 10th Guild Wars 2 will get First-Person camera.

I think a lot of our guildies that play with controllers will be happy about the field of view slider, and horizontal/vertical position slider.

Such a random feature to be put in. I know a lot of people have been asking for it, but it seemed like it would be a ton of work for them to do.

Love how all of these oft-requested features are just getting dropped in without much fanfare in the middle of expansion news.

Here's hoping that saving trait/equpment/dye builds comes with HoT. Seems like the perfect time to add it, since they're throwing specializations into the mix now.

Man I was just thinking this weekend, this game needs a first person view. Where are my millions, Anet?

It also seems like they're doing general camera fixes. Hopefully the camera won't zoom back and forth because of some random geometry that I happened to pass under.

nataku

Man I was just thinking this weekend, this game needs a first person view. Where are my millions, Anet?

It also seems like they're doing general camera fixes. Hopefully the camera won't zoom back and forth because of some random geometry that I happened to pass under.

Collision sensitivity sounds like just that.

When enabled, this setting will adjust how much stuff (trees, walls, rocks, etc.) needs to be between a player’s character and camera before the camera snaps in.

HappyHunting

Neo Member
Such a random feature to be put in. I know a lot of people have been asking for it, but it seemed like it would be a ton of work for them to do.

Here's hoping that saving trait/equpment/dye builds comes with HoT. Seems like the perfect time to add it, since they're throwing specializations into the mix now.

Looks like they are getting a few QOL changes put in, never know. I was bouncing between WvW and PVE on the weekend and was crying for a saved build function.

Boogdud

Neat that they're adding all this fancy camera stuff.

Oh by the way, aren't charr footprints still backwards, like they have been since the beta?

Boogdud

They fixed that right after you quit playing.

Nuh uh.

At least it was still happening as of a month or so ago with the last major patch. I hate to be petty about it, but a bug like that still being in the game at this point is just shameful. they should be embarrassed.

Nuh uh.

At least it was still happening as of a month or so ago with the last major patch. I hate to be petty about it, but a bug like that still being in the game at this point is just shameful. they should be embarrassed.
They fixed it for everyone else but you.

Boogdud

They fixed it for everyone else but you.

Kos!! Well, now I look crazy at the office. I laughed way too hard at that.

Happy, thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that. :(
edit: wow, that's the response they give after 2 years of reporting this issue? Basically 'we don't understand our engine well enough to fix it easily, and the programming team just can't be bothered'.

so just first person camera? :/

It has been my most-requested feature since launch, so it's not "just" first-person camera (and a host of other fixes). It is FINALLY first person camera.

Though I'm already seeing people upset that first-person DOESN'T mean they're turning the game's combat into the Skyrim system.

smh

Refyref

It has been my most-requested feature since launch, so it's not "just" first-person camera (and a host of other fixes). It is FINALLY first person camera.

Though I'm already seeing people upset that first-person DOESN'T mean they're turning the game's combat into the Skyrim system.

smh

I'm not sure who in their right minds would want TES combat over any other combat system possible.

Ashodin

ee249Burning-Chest.jpg

They made it so when the Wyvern breathes fire, its belly lights up and travels to the throat before flames come out, which apparently was really hard to do without significant changes to some of their systems.

time to gears of war up in my gw2. can't believe they actually added in first person view lol.

Why? First-person view is in practically every MMO, even Guild Wars 1. That GW2 didn't have it, was odd. And the excuse of "it'd ruin the art" just never sat right with me.

You could also adjust the left/right of the camera to an over-the-shoulder since day one, but with the new FoV settings, it can be a bit more conventional, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom