• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
a5tb2FM.gif

Dat new camera hype

Zeroth

Everyone keep running the current meta and nothing else even be considered, got it.

Blinds will be nothing compared to knockdowns and long stuns or dazes. Stuff like the Thief's Head Shot was specifically mentioned as well as not being worth as much on the new defiance bar as other, stronger forms of CC.

If they want to make the defiance bar meaningful, there will be fights that make people run builds that they normally wouldn't consider in PvE. CC was useless in open world boss fights previously, so this should be the time and place to make it desirable.

It should be difficult to take the entire bar, and you should be severely punished for not breaking the bosses.

That's not what I said at all. What I said is that there's less emphasis on people equipping CC skills on every slot imaginable, and more on using them wisely with their party.

My point about blind is not that it is better than other CC skills, but that making it work on defiance allows different classes to contribute to wearing down a defiance bar in their own way.

And I don't think that's the idea behind this change. I would say there's less focus on gearing yourself for CC because you need, and more on making your CC skills relevant as you use them. No warrior should replace their 3 utilities with CC utilities to offset a party member, but use their CC on an opportune moment with their team. Teamwork seems to be the key here, not being the guy who has 7 CCs.

From what I've read, they want to reward good CC use, and not punish people for not using them. And that's fine, it gives incentives to people to strive to be better over punishing them for facts that are outside their control.

I was in no way actually serious about filling every slot with CC. You'd be useless for every phase in the fight other than when the defiance bar was up.

A lot of warriors carry zero CC in general PvE. None on sword, none on axe, none on greatsword, none on bow, none on warhorn. Rifle, mace, shield, and hammer have all of it, and most of the players I see running about completely ignore those. In addition, the physical utility skills get largely ignored for shouts and signets.

My example was entirely one of excess showing the other end of the spectrum and not meant to be representative of what people would really use. But it shows all of the options one would have to choose from.

Zeroth

I was in no way actually serious about filling every slot with CC. You'd be useless for every phase in the fight other than when the defiance bar was up.

A lot of warriors carry zero CC in general PvE. None on sword, none on axe, none on greatsword, none on bow, none on warhorn. Rifle, mace, shield, and hammer have all of it, and most of the players I see running about completely ignore those. In addition, the physical utility skills get largely ignored for shouts and signets.

My example was entirely one of excess showing the other end of the spectrum and not meant to be representative of what people would really use. But it shows all of the options one would have to choose from.

Oh, I know that, silly Ike-chan. I would have a hard time seeing you using so many CC skills. My point was in response that people would equip multiple CCs to compensate for people without them. I would say we both think similarly on what is coming up.

Seriously, the camera thing is crazy good news.

We got used to it since launch, but the way it was always panned down made it hard to enjoy the scenery and big bosses.

Also, won a mini Llama from some contest.
Llama <3

I'm so going for the enhanced camera settings.

I wonder though; I have three 1080p monitors in surround mode that I swear gives me a ~200 degree FoV; can I shrink that to 180 in the new camera settings?

nataku

I'm really loving those camera changes. The collision changes and the view you get of the distance when running now are fantastic. It's nice we don't have to wait for HoT for them, too. Gives us time to get used to them for jumping around.

Thorgal

Congrats on your buygate transfer, and expect during major WvW tournaments to be 2v1 and lose...

I told myself ,the first t1 server that allows transfers , i take .

It became blackgate surprisingly enough, considering everyone and their mother want to get in apparently

I told myself ,the first t1 server that allows transfers , i take .

It became blackgate surprisingly enough, considering everyone and their mother want to get in apparently

You chose wisely, BG is a beast, TC and JQ have to 2v1 to keep them from winning, but if you notice i called them Buygate, they go to other servers and buy off WvW guilds, they pay for their transfers, promise WvW victory, and etc, BG was more like trash gate until they bought their WvW population.

BG is the New York Yankees of Guildwars, can't win shit without over spending..

Levyne

Banned
So I finished my 8th 80. Here they are in order I made them. I went into the game thinking I would only ever have one character, lol.

guildwars2characterssh3svj.jpg

Apparently I like Purple, Red, Yellow, and Black.

Levyne Lesovik (Ranger) | Jenine Hanar (Elementalist) | Ruby Vále&#269;ník (Warrior) | Citrine Stra&#380;nik (Guardian)

Ahli Nujum (Necromancer) | Geist Phantasma (Mesmer) | Emerald Inzinier (Engineer) | Ash Legion Blade (Thief)

Zeroth

So I finished my 8th 80. Here they are in order I made them. I went into the game thinking I would only ever have one character, lol.

Levyne Lesovik (Ranger) | Jenine Hanar (Elementalist) | Ruby Vále&#269;ník (Warrior) | Citrine Stra&#380;nik (Guardian)

Ahli Nujum (Necromancer) | Geist Phantasma (Mesmer) | Emerald Inzinier (Engineer) | Ash Legion Blade (Thief)

Why you hate males so much lev

xeris

guildwars2characterssh3svj.jpg

A bit over a third of the way to my total. You're catching up.

Retro

Excellent Missions tonight!

Make-up Missions are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific.

I believe the press embargo on all those streamers visiting ArenaNet lifts Tuesday, then there's an update on the 10th.

Also, double post!

Ettie

I hope these new camera changes will allow someone to hack in simple Rift support. Even if it's not really usable for dungeons or pvp, just being able to tour the GW2 world in VR would put me back in the game full time for awhile.

nataku

I hope these new camera changes will allow someone to hack in simple Rift support. Even if it's not really usable for dungeons or pvp, just being able to tour the GW2 world in VR would put me back in the game full time for awhile.

I don't see why not. The UI will be completely unusable, but you could at least explore with it. Wooden Potatoes has a video of it hacked into GW1, and since the FP view looks exactly the same, it should work. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here it is.

Poor framerate in GW2 will be one of the biggest issues with it. I'm pretty sure you need at least 60fps steady for a decent experience. GW1 is an old game, so it's easy to hit a high framerate there.

I keep getting BSOD crashes at cutscenes and during character creation, and it's a real pain. If I don't skip the conversation, the game freezes and I get BSOD unless I kill the process. Same thing as soon as I hit create, game freezes, works fine for a few seconds, freezes again, then BSOD, with VIDEO_TDR_ERROR.

I'll submit a ticket on this eventually. I haven't gotten blue screens in a long time, and this is getting on my nerves.

Thorgal

I keep getting BSOD crashes at cutscenes and during character creation, and it's a real pain. If I don't skip the conversation, the game freezes and I get BSOD unless I kill the process. Same thing as soon as I hit create, game freezes, works fine for a few seconds, freezes again, then BSOD, with VIDEO_TDR_ERROR.

I'll submit a ticket on this eventually. I haven't gotten blue screens in a long time, and this is getting on my nerves.

Could be faulty Drivers . have you tried Rolling those back to a previous version ?

Moondrop

Banned
I'm not the best at tech support, but is this really an issue you expect customer support to solve with a ticket? Sounds like it's an issue with either your hardware or operating system.

Hedge

I gave the warrior a total makeover .

after being a Charr Hipster for a year he decided to Mend his way and became a Wise warrior .

What a great colour scheme to go with his fur colour. Now I almost regret deleting all of the Charrs I created. Almost.

Minamu

Excellent Missions tonight!

Make-up Missions are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific.

I believe the press embargo on all those streamers visiting ArenaNet lifts Tuesday, then there's an update on the 10th.

Also, double post!
I'm supposed to meet up with hawkian just before makeups for the server transfer so we'll probably join in on that for the first time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom