• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
All classes are viable DPS-wise if you go for DPS. The difference is on which utilities they bring to contribute with more than DPS, and in Guardian's case they have numerous utilities and boons that help their parties.

Exactly the reason I like to play guard.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I really miss the jubilee. I never got very far into the gauntlet as I never played seriously at the time, but I would love to get another shot at it now that I'm more savvy.

Yeah the gauntlet was one of my favorite things ever available in the game.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Yeah the gauntlet was one of my favorite things ever available in the game.

It really was. Having to fight all those different bosses, watching other people through the glass fight bosses. It was a hoot.

Also going from cursing out Liadri to then mastering her fight and being able to do it blindfold was probably the most satisfying experience I've had with the game.

Spyware

I'm gonna try to make my first Legendary. I've never been close to trying because I was so scared of dungeons and stuff. I have no idea if I'll make it but... yeah. Gonna try!
Err. Update on this. Went through my 2 accounts and gathered up my materials and such.
Only thing missing for Flameseeker Prophecies now is 400 Ascalonian Tears and the Precursor. What.
Cresc is making the same one and aside from also missing most Ectos and Ingots atm he's in pretty much the same position :D
Since we're waiting for the HoT precursor crafting system it's no hurry and it sorta feels a little bit anticlimactic. I've been thinking that this is some insane grind or something that would be hard to achieve. But I guess playing for 3 years and only selling off materials when they overflow the storage too much takes away the grindy material farming bits :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It really was. Having to fight all those different bosses, watching other people through the glass fight bosses. It was a hoot.

Also going from cursing out Liadri to then mastering her fight and being able to do it blindfold was probably the most satisfying experience I've had with the game.
Definitely. I was so ecstatic when I mastered it on my thief, and then got brought down to earth getting crushed by her on my Mesmer, only to climb the hill again. So satisfying. I wonder if I could do it with my Ele or Engi at this point as well.

leng jai

Definitely. I was so ecstatic when I mastered it on my thief, and then got brought down to earth getting crushed by her on my Mesmer, only to climb the hill again. So satisfying. I wonder if I could do it with my Ele or Engi at this point as well.

So pretentious.

Ashodin

Okay since seeing the guild decorations, I am going to be

building little houses for guild members to call their own inside the instance. basically, housing within guild housing.

the logistics of housing has been brought up to me, and instead I will craft profession hubs. Places you can meet together with guildies of the same profession and discuss strats.

Plus also possibly rooms for discussing strats of other sorts (wvw, pvp, etc). We'll see!

hahahah see....Reddit topic about an all Exotic Zerker group...people will try and stick it to Anet, we already have people doing awesome things like Solo Lupi, now i expect a pug group to get the raid done on day 1..

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hahahah see....Reddit topic about an all Exotic Zerker group...people will try and stick it to Anet, we already have people doing awesome things like Solo Lupi, now i expect a pug group to get the raid done on day 1..

they have to draw a line somewhere to be frank, u cant have impossible encounters, you cant just bump numbers up, gw1 had same problems they kept increasing mobs levels above yours so effectively per level to theirs you did less dmg and had less crit chance etc. so you was fighting mobs level 26 and higher when max was 20,

its not just mmo's every game does this and i dislike it, high numbers doesnt mean challenging content. it means we have no clue how to make things difficult.

its why many gamers love dark souls etc because it isnt about numbers. its why i enjoyed the fractals that i did with retro etc few weeks ago with the flame room etc, it wasnt number that made it hard it was being postioned correctly and keeping a close eye, thats fun and engaging hard content, not numbers.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So pretentious.

tXLefZd.gif

Proven

Alright, my schedule is clear for tomorrow evening. Meaning I can make the 9pm raid with Ashodin tomorrow and the 8am with Kos on Saturday morning. Let's see how it goes.

I want to try and get a Raid group together for a Saturday morning 8am EST (12 pm GMT).

I'll be online around 7:45, I'll give it 15 minutes to get a GAF group if there isn't enough players I will be LFGing.

Anyone know they will be interested and playing at that time on Saturday?

Whisper or add me (Kos Luftar) to your friends list so you can see when I am online.

Just updating the Saturday morning (EST) raid list:
1. Kos Luftar
2. Hythlody
3. SpiritFox
4. Kanik
5. Spyware
6. Crescendo
7. Morkoh
8. usea
9. Varix (hockeypuck)
10. Proven

If anyone on the list can't make it, let me know here in OT or PM (here or in game).

Thank you all for trying this out with me.

Proven

I need to repeat that I only have 90 minutes max on Saturday morning. We'll find out how long it can take tomorrow night, but just in case if anyone else wants in on Kos' group then it's fine to ask and bump me out.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Wait hold up. Thought beta characters were new dudes we make. What should I be doing to get ready? I wanna try this (and have a chance at that 2000 gem prize!)

Jira

Wait hold up. Thought beta characters were new dudes we make. What should I be doing to get ready? I wanna try this (and have a chance at that 2000 gem prize!)

Your account is copied when you make the beta char in the beta slot. This includes your bank so if there's anything you want to bring into the beta, put it in your bank before making your character tomorrow.

Spyware

You'll get a free set of Ascended gear with Runes and Sigils and everything in the raid so you don't need to prepare other than maybe plan which stats you're gonna grab :) If you have a set of Transmutation charges you can basically consider the skin changes to be free too since this is the last beta. Nothing needs to be saved "for the next one" so spend away on the beta account.

Shiokazu

I'll be finally rejoining the activities this weekend. Got the new HDD and installed everything, now i only need rest and wait until GW2 finishes the downlod.

jesus it feels good to be back onboard.

Proven

The raid team is introducing themselves over on the forums:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Raid-team-introductions

So Crystal helped design the Shaman fractal which IMO is one of if not the best fractal mechanically. Then Jason Reynolds worked at Carbine designing the raids for Wildstar. If there's anything WIldstar did well, it was encounter design. Holy crap I'm pretty excited.

Reading this made me remember one thing... Super Adventure Box. Year 2, when they made it super hard, what was the consensus? I'm guessing it flopped for enough people that they didn't want to bring it back any time soon (I never actually played it either year).

Basically, I wonder if we already have an example of content in the game calling for levels of expertise wholly different from the rest of the game and then flopping because of that very same difficulty. At the same time, the design going into both is very different; one was made to be unfair hard while the other one is designed in the hallowed ground tread upon by many other MMOs that I have never played.

Edit: Also on that forum, various dungeon players whose name I recognize chiming in on what they think may or may not be optimal for the incoming raid: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/5-buff-limit-raids-DOA

Personally, given what we already know about one boss, I highly expect splitting into two teams (or more!) being necessary at multiple points in the dungeon.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Hyped for my first and final Beta Weekend. :p When does it start? It says noon UTC-7 but its there a more specific time?

I'm jelly, Amazon still haven't posted my expansion so no beta for me.

Proven

Training got pushed back by 2 hours on Saturday. I'm back to having 3 hours to devote to Saturday morning raid. The good news keep on coming.

Tech-Wolf

I just read the news that plug.dj will be shutting down today. Sorry for the 5 of you who was using it but no more music party when doing guild mission!
half serious

I got one of my good friends to join up and start an account last night (Free account so far), and we played around for a bit. I gotta say, it's incredibly boring and infuriating to vets to have everything locked (You can't die until level 3), but getting my friend adjusted to the game, I'm actually really glad I only had to explain one mechanic at a time haha.

Once he hits level 15 and I can show him the world bosses, I'll probably bring him into the guild. Want to make sure it'll be something he enjoys first, though he enjoyed his time last night.

Also, looking at the different version of HoT, seems it's a better idea to just buy the standard version and then put the other money into gems, since I really don't have any use for any of the Deluxe stuff aside from the character slot.

Proven

I got one of my good friends to join up and start an account last night (Free account so far), and we played around for a bit. I gotta say, it's incredibly boring and infuriating to vets to have everything locked (You can't die until level 3), but getting my friend adjusted to the game, I'm actually really glad I only had to explain one mechanic at a time haha.

Once he hits level 15 and I can show him the world bosses, I'll probably bring him into the guild. Want to make sure it'll be something he enjoys first, though he enjoyed his time last night.

Also, looking at the different version of HoT, seems it's a better idea to just buy the standard version and then put the other money into gems, since I really don't have any use for any of the Deluxe stuff aside from the character slot.

Exactly, and if you're willing to spend up to $50 worth of gems, not just to spend now but to save some for the future or for future sales, then you get the Ultimate Edition. Everything in between is just a random bonus.

Disclaimer: I bought the Ultimate Edition.

Exactly, and if you're willing to spend up to $50 worth of gems, not just to spend now but to save some for the future or for future sales, then you get the Ultimate Edition. Everything in between is just a random bonus.

Disclaimer: I bought the Ultimate Edition.

Yeah, if the Ultimate edition was like, $25 for $50, I'd get that, but it's not. Standard it is. :D

95% of the PUG shit meta community will tell Exotic players to go fuck themselves, and it will get even worse, when they ask to ping your gear if they don't like your ascended stats they will kick, my guardian can be part zerker ascended or full Cleric ascended, high level pug fractal is already pathetic, can't wait for pug raids lol..

Which is why we don't pug, we play with friends or guildies. There will always be fuckwits in games - that's not the game's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom