• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Yeah, let's at least run make-ups, folks who missed them last night can jump in and our international players with time-difference conflicts can partake.

Sorry for the short notice, everyone!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait so a reset ended up happening after all? So weird. I was on the road home anyway during when you guys were hopefully getting comms today.

So wait, is the reset going to occur again on Tuesday or whenever it's changing to..?

Ashodin

What I gather is that they said it is changed to Mondays, however their internal code probably still fired off the reset on the usual day. Meaning, it will probably reset on Monday as well, but regardless, it shouldn't matter by the time we do missions next week.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So how's the Revenat for those that have tried it? And which weapons did you prefer? I'm really hoping double swords is good as it looks so cool. The new class is a big reason why I bought the expansion so I hope it's good.

Thanks to Falsetto, Crescendo, Levyne, and Quenk for a great group yet again ^^

8XciYmr.jpg

Special thanks to Techwolf as well! Thanks for leading a group through story mode, and stepping out for the explorable paths so the new people could see it :)

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 7 ☆

Event #7 - Behem Gauntlet, Craze's Folly

Required Character Level: 1 (50 Recommended)
Required Zone: Blazeridge Steppes

Recommended Waypoints:
Behem Waypoint - [&BP0BAAA=]
Terra Carorunda Waypoint - [&BAECAAA=]

This event will take place 30 minutes after server reset (8:30 PM EDT) on Wednesday night.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoints. We'll get started as soon as everyone is ready!

★ Dungeon Event Series ★
☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY OCTOBER 11 ☆

Event #11 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

Required Character Level: 80
Required Zone: Cursed Shore.
* If you don't have any waypoint in Cursed Shore, please pick one up before the event! It's quite long run from the rest of the world.

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

These events are intended to be rather casual, and they will be very new-player friendly. Players of every experience level are encouraged to participate, so please invite anyone who you think would like to join.

For each full party that completes a given week's dungeon run, five gold will be added to a door prize from which one participant's name will be drawn. So if five parties complete the event, you have a chance at winning an extra twenty-five gold! The more people who show up, the more money you can win!

☆ REMAINING DUNGEON EVENT SCHEDULE ☆

#11 - October 11 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

#12 - October 18 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3/4​

☆ DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE ☆

Callunah, Tyliout, Sonicbug, Crescendo, and Falsetto are currently the only members eligible for the original two hundred gold prize. In the case that all five complete the challenge, the prize will be increased so that each is guaranteed at least fifty gold.​

Hedge

So how's the Revenat for those that have tried it? And which weapons did you prefer? I'm really hoping double swords is good as it looks so cool. The new class is a big reason why I bought the expansion so I hope it's good.

I tried the Herald with Shiro/Glint and sword/sword, sword/shield. It was so much fun, and it oddly felt like playing how sword and shield should have been on a guardian. Boon-sharing was great and perma-swiftness for exploring is divine!

Thank you to everyone for coming for Crucible of Eternity! It's not an easy task to make it through all of the paths in such a short amount of time with so many people, so the guild did a really great job today!

My party with Callunah, Modric, Kentsui, and Vanquish.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I tried the Herald with Shiro/Glint and sword/sword, sword/shield. It was so much fun, and it oddly felt like playing how sword and shield should have been on a guardian. Boon-sharing was great and perma-swiftness for exploring is divine!

Awesome, I really can't wait, I just wish I had more Tomes! I didn't even know Revenants had "legends", I just learned about them now, so you can customise your play style with the legend and weapon choice which is great. Sword 3 is so cool, it's basically Juggernaut's ultimate from Dota.

Retro

Whew.

So my group got a late start (most groups were into P1 before we started story) and had to take a few breaks along the way, so we just finished about 10 minutes ago. Only one or two wipes (not counting the laser room, hehe).

Big thanks to Mikedip, Kahvi, Proven and Tyliout for sticking it out. I completely forgot to take pictures since I was in a rush to get through it since we were running into dinner time and such for folks.

Better late than never, right?

Levyne

Banned
This guild is so full of patient and helpful people. So many that I know have PUGged COE123 dozens of times and probably finished in short of an hour but are still willing to take 2-3 times as long to lead new people through and help teach. You guys know who you are. You guys are awesome.

Proven

Whew.

So my group got a late start (most groups were into P1 before we started story) and had to take a few breaks along the way, so we just finished about 10 minutes ago. Only one or two wipes (not counting the laser room, hehe).

Big thanks to Mikedip, Kahvi, Proven and Tyliout for sticking it out. I completely forgot to take pictures since I was in a rush to get through it since we were running into dinner time and such for folks.

Better late than never, right?
It was my first time finishing any path but story and my first time in the dungeon since 2012. It's a pretty cool dungeon, Ike's descriptions in the background were really nice despite us being behind, and there were some impromptu epic moments. I came to post "dammit, we forgot to take a picture!" but I see that's covered too. Thanks for carrying us through, Retro.

Retro

It was my first time finishing any path but story and my first time in the dungeon since 2012. It's a pretty cool dungeon, Ike's descriptions in the background were really nice despite us being behind, and there were some impromptu epic moments. I came to post "dammit, we forgot to take a picture!" but I see that's covered too. Thanks for carrying us through, Retro.

It was totally a team effort, it's been a long time since I did story so I was winging it through there and we all had our fair share of ups and downs. Everyone seemed to enjoy it though which is the most important part for me, though I'm sorry we ran later than expected and messed up anyone's plans. I'm looking forward to Arah next week, but I'm really excited to start doing stuff nobody has seen before with you guys.

Not to start a lovefest, but Levyne is totally right; we've got a lot of great people in this guild who spend a lot of time and energy helping out and that really deserves to be celebrated as we get ready to step into the expansion. Not just the leaders and officers but everybody really steps up and helps out, whether it's answering questions, rushing to help with an event or filling a dungeon group.

Hard to believe it's been 3 years and we're just a little more than two weeks away from the first expansion. Seems like it wasn't that long ago we were counting down the days until headstart and hanging out in mumble talking about every scrap of info we could find. Time flies when you're having fun, but it soars when you're having fun with friends.

Indignate

I finally got to jump in and participate in some guild missions today since they were in areas that I was leveled for and had mapped already.

Hopefully I can reach 80 on my main soon so that I can feel more comfortable running around with you guys when you do them along with the dungeons.

Thoughts on the raid wing:

Having the most toughness is too strict of a requirement to become this raid's tank. I feel like Anet should give every profession a taunt skill instead, and only really skilled players (the ones who would know how to taunt within a small window and tank properly) would be able to draw aggro and let the rest of the squad DPS more efficiently. The tank has such a huge role in phases 1 and 3 that an imperfect tank can ruin a raid group.

The tank needs to kite a smaller circle than what I was kiting. I decreased the squad's DPS because of the distance the squad had to cover (after being teleported or going to the circle). The tank can be more efficient by only moving during 1) blue teleports and 2) and heading towards the circle but not going into it. Both can increase DPS by decreasing distance needed to travel to get to the boss. If I had a mic I could've said "dodge" just like when we were first learning how to fight Subject Alpha in CoE when I saw the blue teleports. You can dodge roll through the blue. The timing is literally the same as Subject Alpha's: you can wait up to 2 seconds, then dodge through to evade the teleport completely.

Overall, other than deciding how the tank is assigned, it's a great fight.

I just watched the successful kill that was posted earlier, and the only thing (other than a little practice) we need is more DPS, just so we can beat the Enrage timer. We managed to figure out all of the mechanics and how to split up on our own, so I'm super impressed with everything we did tonight. I had an absolute blast.

I just watched the successful kill that was posted earlier, and the only thing (other than a little practice) we need is more DPS, just so we can beat the Enrage timer. We managed to figure out all of the mechanics and how to split up on our own, so I'm super impressed with everything we did tonight. I had an absolute blast.
Yea, I just saw the video. The tank didn't really kite.

Spyware

Ooooh nice looking.

Probably should had consider my Charr rev's look more during this beta heh.
Thank you!
I enjoy playing with looks. This beta I made a bunch of "default" looking characters just to check the animations. This actually made me change my Tempest from Norn to Asura.
During this and the last beta I've also made a bunch of copies of my planned Elite Spec users to see them using the right weapons. I made this new look because I wasn't happy with the old planned look. I like having everything planned out. :D

Whoa nice. What sword skin is that??
It is indeed the Dragon's Jade Lacerator. I love the sword, axe and shield from that set.

Hedge

I can't wait to finally create my new main - a norn Herald! Goodbye guardian main, but Dragonhunter didn't realize your full potential. :(

Jira

So that guild who killed VG first said that it took about 5 hours of attempts to kill it. That's certainly no small amount of time to sneeze at considering they were a highly coordinated guild all on voip who've been playing together for months and theorycrafting.

Morokh

I just use the beta to play dress up. I think I found the look for my charr Rev.

Great dye choices, especially for the chest piece!

Whoaaa ! Looking good :D
With the beta going a bit longer i'll be able to try some more things for my future characters too, and considering I made it to 10k achievements on my Beta account and got another makeover-kit, that's one more possible experiment :D

Well the condi engies were in Rabid/Sinister gear, with only 2 in non damage stats. But eh, it's just the first boss, plus they might tweak him more before launch. Still kinda funny.

Meaning they took 2 healers ? I don't see where the problem is here, it's a boss with a decently complex mechanic and with an enrage timer, you want damage for that fight.

Jira

Whoaaa ! Looking good :D
With the beta going a bit longer i'll be able to try some more things for my future characters too, and considering I made it to 10k achievements on my Beta account and got another makeover-kit, that's one more possible experiment :D

Meaning they took 2 healers ? I don't see where the problem is here, it's a boss with a decently complex mechanic and with an enrage timer, you want damage for that fight.

No, they had 1 druid. You do not need two healers for the fight (I healed it in a pug). MOST of the damage comes from the seeker orbs and as long as those stayed CCd, you don't have a ton of damage coming in. Now granted you have the raid wide aoe tick from each spirit, ideally you want to tank them each by their respective pillars so they do not overlap on the very edges. The person with the most toughness will be the tank so they need to be healed up (sadly this was me as the healer).

Just watched their kill video and the amount of condition damage they had on red was INSANE. My pug had about 1 stack of burning on the red trash lol.

Jira

5 hours to run 1 raid encounter...raids might be impossible for me to do for a few years.

Well it was 5 hours to learn it. Now that they know it they can probably kill it within an hour easily. Likely 20-30 min if they need 2-3 attempts due to a mistake and eventually less than 10 min on farm.

spiritfox

Well it was 5 hours to learn it. Now that they know it they can probably kill it within an hour easily. Likely 20-30 min if they need 2-3 attempts due to a mistake and eventually less than 10 min on farm.

Then in the next expansion we get a higher lvl cap and we can improve our ilevel so you can eventually solo the entire thing

New entry to my collection, Frostfang! I was originally going to make Bolt, just so I have all the legendaries on my Guard. However, I started to play my War again a lot, so I went with FF. Plus it's a lot cheaper to craft. Plus my Rev can use axe too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom