• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no guild missions tonight or tomorrow because of the reset change (right?) but we will still be doing our usual dungeon event tomorrow at 4:30pm EDT.

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 7 ☆

Event #7 - Behem Gauntlet, Craze's Folly

Required Character Level: 1 (50 Recommended)
Required Zone: Blazeridge Steppes

Recommended Waypoints:
Behem Waypoint - [&BP0BAAA=]
Terra Carorunda Waypoint - [&BAECAAA=]

This event will take place 30 minutes after server reset (8:30 PM EDT) on Wednesday night.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoints. We'll get started as soon as everyone is ready!

★ Dungeon Event Series ★
☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY OCTOBER 4 ☆

Event #10 - Crucible of Eternity
Story Mode, Explorable Paths 1-3

Required Character Level: 80
Required Zone: Mount Maelstrom

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

These events are intended to be rather casual, and they will be very new-player friendly. Players of every experience level are encouraged to participate, so please invite anyone who you think would like to join.

For each full party that completes a given week's dungeon run, five gold will be added to a door prize from which one participant's name will be drawn. So if five parties complete the event, you have a chance at winning an extra twenty-five gold! The more people who show up, the more money you can win!

☆ REMAINING DUNGEON EVENT SCHEDULE ☆

#10 - October 4 - Crucible of Eternity
Story Path and Explorable Paths 1/2/3

#11 - October 11 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

#12 - October 18 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3/4​

☆ DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE ☆

Callunah, Tyliout, Sonicbug, Crescendo, and Falsetto are currently the only members eligible for the original two hundred gold prize. In the case that all five complete the challenge, the prize will be increased so that each is guaranteed at least fifty gold.​

Zeroth

I guess the one bit of good news is that raiding wasn't scheduled to go live immediately with HoT, so there may be time to test them without impacting the release date.

It's also good that this was found during Beta rather than live, which is exactly why you have testing like this in the first place. Looking over at the Wildstar OT (where most of the posts are lag / disconnect /error / queue complaints) reminds me how lucky we were to have such a smooth launch and consequent content releases. Apart from the TP being down for a week or two and the "Join in..." feature being hit or miss for a few days, GW2's launch was insanely smooth (and most importantly, you could actually play it despite those issues), and only a handful of Living Story updates were buggy to the point of being unplayable. Glad we're getting this stuff out of the way now instead of the 23rd.

There's gonna be plenty "I paid for this Beta!" comments in all the usual nasty places, though.

Usual nasty places :p

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I don't get it. The whole point of a beta is to test stuff to make sure it works for real release. Shit breaks during beta. Why would anyone be upset?

Plus they can still go gliding.

Proven

@ Nice Jira.

Others - What exactly makes Dragonhunter good now?

Short version, its traits were buffed and there's better trait synergy. And even if Longbow isn't OMGAmazing it can still be a more consistent ranged option than Scepter in variations of the usual meditation builds. Videos from BWE2 here and here.

F2 being a 4k heal doesn't hurt either. Still, it's probably one of the weaker specs.

Retro

9GhS00g.gif

Beta means demo now a days I guess is the short way to say it.

Even though they've said on every single stream and during every single announcement that this is a "real" beta, it still never seems to sink in. Just like the freakin' Starbound thread.

Ashodin

Hey guys, are you ready for tonight's raid fin-

Genie-Point-and-Jaw-Drop-Alladin.gif

Short version, its traits were buffed and there's better trait synergy. And even if Longbow isn't OMGAmazing it can still be a more consistent ranged option than Scepter in variations of the usual meditation builds. Videos from BWE2 here and here.

F2 being a 4k heal doesn't hurt either. Still, it's probably one of the weaker specs.

Not to mention there's a good synergy between 10% more damage under the effect of Retribution, Virtues line, and Retribution on heal. I've been testing out different heals to see which one would fare better, and I think Litany of Wrath is still a good'un. Shelter might also be a good one as well just because of the insane number of blocks you can get to proc (Courage also does this) and if you take the "I block and remove condis" grandmaster, you could be crazy resilient.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Trying out Thief in sPvP, it really is kill or be killed lol. I really love how you can just create a new char and jump into PvP with it though.

Proven

Not to mention there's a good synergy between 10% more damage under the effect of Retribution, Virtues line, and Retribution on heal. I've been testing out different heals to see which one would fare better, and I think Litany of Wrath is still a good'un. Shelter might also be a good one as well just because of the insane number of blocks you can get to proc (Courage also does this) and if you take the "I block and remove condis" grandmaster, you could be crazy resilient.

The condition cleanse on block is so good that I can even forgo Valor and Honor for condi removal and just use Shelter + whatever else I feel like as the majority of my condi cleanse. It also means that I can attempt to use Supreme Justice and not get punished for not taking F2->condi cleanse. I have one utility free that I'm currently trying traps on outside of Dragon's Maw. With an easy source of cripple, Whirling Blades actually becomes useable.

Ashodin

Whirling Blades is the best, its low cooldown is incredibly useful.

I like dropping in on foes after I've exhausted Longbow skills with Wings of Resolve, drop traps, symbol, spin to win. Stuff is usually dead by that point. I'm using Renewed Focus to recharge the virtues on demand - really great now that they're spells in their own right.

Proven

And the thing about Traps being "useless" is that they're pretty much pre-specialization untraited Wells. The fact that they can be powerful in melee too is really understated.

Ashodin

And the thing about Traps being "useless" is that they're pretty much pre-specialization untraited Wells. The fact that they can be powerful in melee too is really understated.

I think people are going to underestimate the fact that they're faster to drop than consecrations. And you can just leave them around and direct people through them. There's chokepoints on every PVP map that a Dragonhunter can make a fight through very difficult.

Shiokazu

was about to join, when i run guild wars, it says i either dont have directx9 or my drivers are bad.

i asked for help, they did gave me a quick answer. i did everything nice, just on the last spot this happens

RFi33om.png

GM did his work fine. i just messed up badly and closed the ticket before i was sure everything was fine.

=__= i need help.

01DragonFly

was about to join, when i run guild wars, it says i either dont have directx9 or my drivers are bad.

i asked for help, they did gave me a quick answer. i did everything nice, just on the last spot this happens

RFi33om.png

GM did his work fine. i just messed up badly and closed the ticket before i was sure everything was fine.

=__= i need help.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

download and run it on safe mode(press F8 when starting windows)
after finishing restart and try again to install drivers, chose custom installation and select clean install.

Dead

well not really...yet
Reddit has a poll for their favorite Elite, and so far Reaper is handily beating everything.

Not hard to argue against. Reaper is just all around an awesome upgrade for necros. Great Sword has turned out awesome, Reaper Shroud is incredible.The Shouts have also seen nice improvements.

So far Id rank Reaper, Chrono and Druid as the top 3.

spiritfox

Reddit has a poll for their favorite Elite, and so far Reaper is handily beating everything.

Not hard to argue against. Reaper is just all around an awesome upgrade for necros. Great Sword has turned out awesome, Reaper Shroud is incredible.The Shouts have also seen nice improvements.

So far Id rank Reaper, Chrono and Druid as the top 3.

I voted Reaper since it basically made Necro playable for me. Scrapper is fine, but gyros being useless disappointed me. The rest of the elite specs don't really stand out for me other than Herald and Chrono.

It's hard to go back to not having Chrono abilities. I feel much more powerful and much more useful in a group with my wells and new F5. I think I'll stick with GS/Staff instead of using the Shield much though, even if 1H Sword got a bit buffed.

Ashodin

Druid healing in dungeons is as awesome and chaotic as you think it is. Basically what they did is create a spec that when you flip over into Avatar mode, you cease to look at enemy's healthbars and prioritize your friends. It became a whole other game when that happened.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I just joined a CoF pug with my Reaper and someone left because "Necro in a dungeon?!" followed by the rest of the group. Hah

Wallach

So I played Berserker for a bit (and happened to run into Kos testing Scrapper's downed state effectiveness), and it is pretty neat. It is a more button-heavy class compared to Warrior, and does a lot of punching and burning, both of which I also enjoy. Overall though it didn't quite seem to quite have the spark I was hoping for. It was good at what I was trying to do (stack a lot of burning with some bleeds) but it felt very... smooth, I guess. Was really hoping for a lot sharper visual impact from the Berserker animations. Despite being very burn-y and reddish-orange, it felt like a chill class to play. Needs some aesthetic push towards ferocity and speed in its movements.

Reaper on the other hand has been buffed like crazy since it was first playable. That spec can pretty much ship right now. Shouts are in a much better place, Greatsword is now a very worthy weapon addition, build options are plentiful, and aesthetics are flawless. My Norn is ready.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Welp, if anet doesn't fix this latency/ping issues I'll stop GW2-ing.

According to the forums some server redirects the connection from US towards EU.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Druid healing in dungeons is as awesome and chaotic as you think it is. Basically what they did is create a spec that when you flip over into Avatar mode, you cease to look at enemy's healthbars and prioritize your friends. It became a whole other game when that happened.

Thank you for keeping me mostly alive

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon just dispatched my expansion, should be here on Wednesday. Wish I could have tried the beta but part of me is glad I didn't, it'll be more exciting on launch day.

I am glad Arena net is attempting to increase combat difficulty. During the canopy event people kept dying from Champion Axemaster Gwyllion attack. Nobody thought about stunning him during his long tell, until I showed up and suggested it.

I am glad Arena net is attempting to increase combat difficulty. During the canopy event people kept dying from Champion Axemaster Gwyllion attack. Nobody thought about stunning him during his long tell, until I showed up and suggested it.

Part of that, I feel, is because (And I could be wrong about this) half of the time enemies that you would want to stun, are unable to be stunned. Lieutenant Kohler, for example, can't be stunned out of his attacks. I'd much rather enemies be designed such that you more or less need to stun them out of things, than that you can't stun them out of things.

I believe it's Defiance, and I guess that's getting overhauled. Hopefully it results in tactics like these working, instead of being more or less useless.

Part of that, I feel, is because (And I could be wrong about this) half of the time enemies that you would want to stun, are unable to be stunned. Lieutenant Kohler, for example, can't be stunned out of his attacks. I'd much rather enemies be designed such that you more or less need to stun them out of things, than that you can't stun them out of things.

I believe it's Defiance, and I guess that's getting overhauled. Hopefully it results in tactics like these working, instead of being more or less useless.

I was talking about the new maps, with the new defiance bar. Especially given what we know about the new maps mechanics.

spiritfox

I just want to say again that I'm loving Reaper. The skills are so satisfying and powerful. Currently running Dhuumfire, and the amount of fire stacks just with Reaper's Shroud 1 is crazy good. Combine that with Blighter's Boon and I can pretty much keep up shroud every time it's off cooldown. So good.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'm debating whether to main Mesmer or Necro when HoT drops. To think, after months of playing my Necro when the game came out, he currently only exists to be parked at the Aetherblade jumping puzzle.

Well I managed to play some of the raid as it was up last night. Squad ui broke in the middle of it so communication was not the best. We beat the three guardians and got wrecked by the boss. Checking it's health and timer, we weren't even close. I ended up quitting as it was pretty late.

Playing with a DPS Scrapper, I actually found good use for a few of the gyros. Function gyro worked quite well for reviving in the heat of the fight, and bulwark gyro helped with one of the bosses mechanics. Other than that, maintaining so much might was great.

We'll see how raids turn out, but design wise they look very promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom