• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Bleah, Toughness aggro means that Mass Momentum Scrapper pretty much has to be the tank. That throws a wrench in my build. Hopefully it's just for this boss fight, or I'll need to rethink my Scrapper build.

EV9eZk3.gif

Joking aside, that's one of the reasons I'm not sure if "Toughness = Aggro" is the way they'll go. We already have bosses that focus-fire weak / downed targets, reviving players, etc., so I don't think they would paint themselves into that corner. I think given the way they've handled stuff in the past they'd be more likely to create a new stat entirely.

We'll have to wait and see. Like I said, I wouldn't rush out and buy a ton of Toughness gear.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've never done a Halloween event but I see people saying it's good for levelling, will this be the fastest way to boost up my Revenant? And is it possible to farm the 20 slot bags while doing it?

Retro

I've never done a Halloween event but I see people saying it's good for levelling, will this be the fastest way to boost up my Revenant? And is it possible to farm the 20 slot bags while doing it?

It's good for leveling in the sense that you can spend a lot of time grinding for hours in the Mad King's Labyrinth where the enemies respawn really quickly, but that's going to be more tedious than Edge of the Mists so... I can't honestly recommend it. You do get halloween goodies to sell though, including the candy corn you need for the 20 slot bags... but the price of those is so low you'd be better off farming materials or trading laurels for mats or whatever rather than grinding.

Grinding in this game is just... I dunno, some people seem to actively want to do it, so you can't stop them, but I sure as hell couldn't do it.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
It's good for leveling in the sense that you can spend a lot of time grinding for hours in the Mad King's Labyrinth where the enemies respawn really quickly, but that's going to be more tedious than Edge of the Mists so... I can't honestly recommend it. You do get halloween goodies to sell though, including the candy corn you need for the 20 slot bags... but the price of those is so low you'd be better off farming materials or trading laurels for mats or whatever rather than grinding.

Grinding in this game is just... I dunno, some people seem to actively want to do it, so you can't stop them, but I sure as hell couldn't do it.

Some people find farming fun! Like me :)

I farmed the halo. Then I farmed a bunch of gems. I want to farm more :\

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Well I'll check it out anyway just because I've never done it before, whether or not I'll stick around past doing the quest line (is there one?) I don't know.

Jira

Well I'll check it out anyway just because I've never done it before, whether or not I'll stick around past doing the quest line (is there one?) I don't know.

There's a quest line, a jumping puzzle, the labyrinth, open world content, and lunatics inquisition. ANet does holiday events better than any company in gaming. Wait till you see LA all decorated, it's amazing.

Spyware

Thanks so much for letting me join that AC group today. I needed something to pull me out of the hole I was in this morning and it worked :)
Sorry for the many mistakes!

Haven't played Lo since I changed her look. Was really fun to see her "in action" but I had no idea what I was doing. :)

Some people find farming fun! Like me :)

I farmed the halo. Then I farmed a bunch of gems. I want to farm more :\

I am done with grinding, I have 6 Legendaries, first one created 6 months after the game launch, the next 5 created in a 1 year span, I have grind too much, I am ready for HoT..

leng jai

If you don't like grind then you basically saying you don't like GW2.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
There's a quest line, a jumping puzzle, the labyrinth, open world content, and lunatics inquisition. ANet does holiday events better than any company in gaming. Wait till you see LA all decorated, it's amazing.

Sounds great, I'm really looking forward to it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Good deal on HoT; http://www.oneplay.com/uk/download/details/12723_Guild_Wars_2_Heart_of_Thorns__Only_DLC__PC_/

245,- DKK. That is 50% of what I saw they charged for it at our gamestop. I'm not sure what the currencies will be for you guys as it won't show me the price in other territories.

Obama_not_bad.jpg

Few quid cheaper than Amazon, but oneplay aren't an official reseller right? You guys made me all paranoid about buying from a non official seller (thanks for the that BTW, peace of mind was worth an extra few bob).

Few quid cheaper than Amazon, but oneplay aren't an official reseller right? You guys made me all paranoid about buying from a non official seller (thanks for the that BTW, peace of mind was worth an extra few bob).

I hope it's alright! I preordered Fallout 4 from Oneplay!:O

Wallach

So was BWE3 the last beta event before launch? I only had time to try two specializations; I still really want to mess with Druid and Scrapper.

Oh, it's just leng jai being leng jai, in that leng jai way of being faux super cynical about everything while having a sensible chuckle at it all because thanks to Poe's Law someone is bound to think leng jai is being anything other than an ironic leng jai.

leng jai.

(leng jai)

leng jai

:p

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Missing my Revenant today, really loved female Slyvari as well. Most of my chars are human which is pretty boring I know but I just prefer their looks, and Slyvari are similar but different enough.

It's worth taking a character through "Victory or Death" before you delete them, right? I've got a level 80 that I want to remake in a new class for HoT, and she's right up to that point but I've never beaten the final story mission with her (or any character, tbh). I thought I remembered something about them making that story mission easier so more people would complete the game...

Anyway, it's worth doing right? Just to get the rewards?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Yo MikeDip the mini spoopy ghost is on the gem store.
Whaaa how much! So cute! I love that guy everytime I see him

I grinded out 400 gems earlier. I really hope it's enough or I need to grind out more asap. Tonight I guess.

It's worth taking a character through "Victory or Death" before you delete them, right? I've got a level 80 that I want to remake in a new class for HoT, and she's right up to that point but I've never beaten the final story mission with her (or any character, tbh). I thought I remembered something about them making that story mission easier so more people would complete the game...

Anyway, it's worth doing right? Just to get the rewards?

Unless they changed it since I last checked, finishing the Personal Story just gets you a Title, and some tokens you can spend on some basic Exotic gear (not sure if it was just weapons, or armour too). I wouldn't say it's totally worth it, if you've already done it once before and know where to gear up at the Temples or etc..

Levyne

Banned
A pact weapon too but thats just a couple gold on the thing.

My main motivation for PS/LS is to clear the damn green text lol.

Taffer

Finish the story because you're probably not going to get any other characters that close to the end. And if HoT starts rewarding you for past accomplishments in Tyria that'll probably be one of them.

My main motivation for PS/LS is to clear the damn green text lol.

Did this on my warrior, chatted to some historian in LA and got volunteered into LS2. RIP.

Levyne

Banned
I still have to do (seemingly?) all of LS2 on my Guard since switching to that. Ugh, maybe some day I will be sufficiently bored.

Jira

Post BWE3 Daredevil updates:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/Daredevil-updates-post-BWE-3-launch

Aloh,
As we continue screaming toward launch, I’ll update this thread with the goings-on for Daredevil. Here’s a few things we’re testing now:

Reduced channel time of Channeled Vigor from 2.25 to 0.75
Vault: Fixed an issue that caused it to not travel its full distance.
Fist Flurry: Reduced cast time by 20%. note: The final strike occurs just prior to 1 second.
Evasive Empowerment: This trait has been renamed to Havoc Master and grants the player 7% bonus damage to enemies within the 360 range threshold.
Impaling Lotus: Increased bleeding duration from 8 to 10 seconds.
Bounding Dodger: In addition to granting access to the Bound dodge ability, the thief will gain 10% bonus physical damage for 4 seconds after dodging.
Lotus Training: In addition to granting access to the Impaling Lotus dodge ability, the thief will gain 10% bonus condition damage for 4 seconds after dodging.
Unhindered combatant: In addition to granting the Dash dodge ability, the thief will gain 10% damage reduction against physical and condition damage.

We like the interaction that Evasive Empowerment had with your endurance bar and wanted to carry it further, but didn’t feel like it could have the desired impact in the adept tier. Thus, each of the grandmaster traits have their own version, geared toward their specific style of play.
Havoc Master has taken its place, as we felt that the line could use a more guaranteed damage increase. For trait mods, we’d like to experiment with Weakening Strikes slightly, adding a secondary to it within its role of debilitation. Options we’re looking at it:

Inflict X (torment, bleeding, something) when you weaken a foe.
or
Receive less damage from weakened foes.

Once again, thanks for your continued constructive feedback. It’s greatly appreciated.

-Karl

Oh also, once HoT ships, ANet is going to start looking into build saving. It's something they've wanted to do but HoT was REALLY big (obviously) and took priority.

Callunah

Neo Member
If I missed where someone else posted this... my apologies...

Plug.dj users.... I found a tool to get your playlists back!!! https://p0ne.com/

I was able to import all of my playlists from plug.dj that I thought I had lost. It took a few tries for me (cuz I like to read fast and try to skip steps...) but once I slowed down and actually followed the step by step.. . i did it!!! ((another heads up, you need to use the same browser/computer where you last used your plug.dj playlists))

That page has a tool that, if you pay attention to what you're doing, it will import your playlist into another player/website. (there are even alot of pictures /gifs to help show you what it should look like every step of the way)

I have opened another GAF music room for us, and you can register and create/save your playlists to that site if you choose to.

The room I created for GAF is https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/gaf

If anyone has a better place or idea for us music lovers... let me know! But so far, this is the only other site I found where we can listen to each others music like we did in plug.dj.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom