• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
So basically there are 8 new reward tracks that unlock with Rank? Getting to a Rank (say, 70 for Phoenix) will unlock a reward track that gives "Jungle Phoenix" for completing? Plus Mist Champion tracks.

Guess I can slowly get back into at least doing pvp dailies for potions.

Spyware

Finished the personal story earlier today. I finally saw the credits! ...after more than 3 years ;D

Also, this game is so pretty! Especially the NPCs.
8uUkI9w.png

Zeroth

I believe so. Drivers are 355.98

Oh, heres one thing. Open your NVIDIA panel and make sure it has the right path for the gw2 application. Then make sure it is using your GPU and not the integrated graphics. Happened to me in the past when I moved gw2 between my hdds.

Taffer

I'm going to an open bar Star War Old Republic event this week. I've never played the game. Think it'll be awkward if I wear a Guild Wars shirt to it? ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

See if you can convince anyone that Tyria is canon in the Star Wars EU.

goober

Oh, heres one thing. Open your NVIDIA panel and make sure it has the right path for the gw2 application. Then make sure it is using your GPU and not the integrated graphics. Happened to me in the past when I moved gw2 between my hdds.

Here's what I did:

da2XFXJ.png

Anything else I should try?
Just updated my drivers too. Apparently there was an update today.

edit: I was watching videos of character creation to see what it's supposed to look like.
I get stuck at this screen (taken from youtube vid)

tbtWjq9.jpg

But it's a static image, it doesn't move around and there's nothing to interact with. All I see are silhouettes of the races.

Zeroth

Here's what I did:

da2XFXJ.png

Anything else I should try?
Just updated my drivers too. Apparently there was an update today.

edit: I was watching videos of character creation to see what it's supposed to look like.
I get stuck at this screen (taken from youtube vid)

tbtWjq9.jpg

But it's a static image, it doesn't move around and there's nothing to interact with. All I see are silhouettes of the races.

Your stuff is fine, I'm a bit puzzled. If you repaired the game and all that jazz it has to be a GPU issue.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oh fuck me, I just accidentally bought a 50g dagger on the auction house. Apparently double clicking an item buys it without a prompt. Now I have to try and sell this shit, either way I'm losing gold on this :/

EDIT: Sold for 50, got 45 back, so I lost 5g for double clicking :(

Happening tonight in 10 minutes!

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 7 ☆

Event #7 - Behem Gauntlet, Craze's Folly

Recommended Character Level: 50
Required Zone: Blazeridge Steppes

Recommended Waypoints:
Behem Waypoint - [&BP0BAAA=]
Terra Carorunda Waypoint - [&BAECAAA=]

Dead

well not really...yet
What the hell?

Windows 10 completely destroyed my framerate

Where I was getting 80-90 Im now getting 40-45 and where I was getting ~50 (heart of the mists with tons of people) Im now getting 25-29

I'm running a GT980 fo fucks sake

goober

Your stuff is fine, I'm a bit puzzled. If you repaired the game and all that jazz it has to be a GPU issue.

What I've read is that it could be an NVIDIA problem. Haven't found a solution yet though. Is there a way to edit the settings without being in game?

Thank you to everyone who attended tonight's Jumping Puzzles!

Congrats to Noah Gibbs for winning the five gold door prize.

We'll decide on a time and location for next week's puzzle soon, so keep an eye out here and in the guild message for any news!

What the hell?

Windows 10 completely destroyed my framerate

Where I was getting 80-90 Im now getting 40-45 and where I was getting ~50 (heart of the mists with tons of people) Im now getting 25-29

I'm running a GT980 fo fucks sake

Make sure your Windows is fully updated as well as your graphics drivers

Zeroth

What I've read is that it could be an NVIDIA problem. Haven't found a solution yet though. Is there a way to edit the settings without being in game?

I'm afraid not, but I'm not sure if editing them could change much. The intro where you are crashing is the same for any graphic settings.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just reverted back to windows 8.1 FPS in all my games is back to normal

welp, guess I wont be using windows 10 for the foreseeable future

Morokh

everything is up to date

When I updated, everything was marked as up to date, but it was still running on Win7 drivers and I had a lot of trouble getting my second screen to work.
I had to manually get the Win10 drivers from the Nvidia website to fix it.

So, I had quite the day.

Got to Level 80, fought Tequatl (and won!), and got a "Chorben's Weapon Chest" for my troubles.

EDIT: Forgot to mention fighting the Claw of Jormag (which I also won!)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I fell asleep from 6:30 pm last night to 5am this morning, what the hell.

Missed the jumping event blahhhh

Why didn't one of you wake me up?

Fishious

Regarding the different guild halls, I'm pretty sure last week when they were doing the streams on all the guild hall info they took some questions from chat and one of them was regarding the different weapon sets. Apparently, unlike what was said in the original guild hall stream months ago, they changed their minds and apparently both sets will be available at each guild hall. There might be some exclusive harvestables or other buyables unique to each hall though. They weren't very clear about that last point.

Regarding the new blog post:

Glint created beings of pure magical energy in order to help combat beings who want to absorb all of the world's magical energy. Not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your policework, there, Glint

"Go fight that wolf. Here, take these doggy treats."

Fishious

Regarding the new blog post:

Glint created beings of pure magical energy in order to help combat beings who want to absorb all of the world's magical energy. Not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your policework, there, Glint

"Go fight that wolf. Here, take these doggy treats."

To be fair
it sounds like the Exalted weren't created as warriors so much as caretakers. The plan seemed to be 1)Give egg to dwarves for safekeeping. Eventually the Zephyrites inherited this duty. 2) Have exalted squat in one of the mursaat's highly magical cities and keep things running. 3) Have dwarves deliver the egg to the exalted when the time is right. 4) My speculation: Use magical energy of the golden city to hatch the egg and empower it with enough magic to stand against the elder dragons.

Retro

We doing anything for HoT launch or Halloween?

Still a couple weeks out. I imagine everyone is going to be so occupied with getting their elite specs sorted out, their Revenants leveled and geared, their Masteries upgraded, doing the new fractals, finding their way around the new zones, playing Stronghold or the new WvW borderlands, plus doing everything that Halloween entails (and that's quite a list by itself)... I don't know that we'll be able to squeeze anything more than missions in. It's a good thing raids aren't launching immediately or we'd be freakin' buried.

We definitely want to have a big event for capturing a Guild Hall, and we're talking now about how to pick one now. Don't worry though; since you can opt to reclaim a new guild hall for 100g, we can always have fund drives to pick a new one every quarter / half a year or something like that). We don't know what we'll have to do to unlock that option (from the stream, it sounds like it'll take about a week). More on that as we get details.

But yeah, an expansion + major holiday event on the same day is just... crazy.

Spyware

I'd like a pretty early switch in Guild Halls at first so that we can get a feel for both of them before we go crazy with decorating and stuff.

Proven

So I finally finished all of Living Story Season 2. I'd been putting it off for so long that I figured I might as well finish episode 8 tonight.

After finishing it, I decided to wiki the last waypoint that I didn't have unlocked in the Silverwastes. Discovered Drydock Grotto. Holy shit. How was this hidden from me for so long?

Retro

So I finally finished all of Living Story Season 2. I'd been putting it off for so long that I figured I might as well finish episode 8 tonight.

After finishing it, I decided to wiki the last waypoint that I didn't have unlocked in the Silverwastes. Discovered Drydock Grotto. Holy shit. How was this hidden from me for so long?

You're in for a fun time, that's the second longest JP in the game (after Troll's Revenge). Really fun though.

Indignate

Still a couple weeks out. I imagine everyone is going to be so occupied with getting their elite specs sorted out, their Revenants leveled and geared, their Masteries upgraded, doing the new fractals, finding their way around the new zones, playing Stronghold or the new WvW borderlands, plus doing everything that Halloween entails (and that's quite a list by itself)... I don't know that we'll be able to squeeze anything more than missions in. It's a good thing raids aren't launching immediately or we'd be freakin' buried.

We definitely want to have a big event for capturing a Guild Hall, and we're talking now about how to pick one now. Don't worry though; since you can opt to reclaim a new guild hall for 100g, we can always have fund drives to pick a new one every quarter / half a year or something like that). We don't know what we'll have to do to unlock that option (from the stream, it sounds like it'll take about a week). More on that as we get details.

But yeah, an expansion + major holiday event on the same day is just... crazy.

I'll still be playing vanilla content...

Starting the game right before an expansion drop has made me wonder how much of the base game I need to rush through and/or skip. For instance, I want to try out fractals, but as you said they're being changed so I'm not sure if it's worth learning the current system (I'm not even sure how they're changing though, so it might not matter.)

For now I do want to take my time and play the game without giving much thought to the oncoming content, but then I also feel like I'll be missing out on the zeitgeist that comes along with discovering all the new stuff for the first time with everybody. I also want to experience the Halloween event without being distracted, so having that drop on the same day is kind of mind numbing.

Retro

I'll still be playing vanilla content...

Starting the game right before an expansion drop has made me wonder how much of the base game I need to rush through and/or skip. For instance, I want to try out fractals, but as you said they're being changed so I'm not sure if it's worth learning the current system (I'm not even sure how they're changing though, so it might not matter.)

Fractals aren't changing that much, content wise. Instead of doing three Fractals and a boss per 'set', now it'll just be one Fractal at a time. There's some other features (level goes up to 100 instead of 50, fractal weapons can be purchased, etc.) but for the most part Fractals will be the same. Any of the fights and such are probably going to remain about the same.

For now I do want to take my time and play the game without giving much thought to the oncoming content, but then I also feel like I'll be missing out on the zeitgeist that comes along with discovering all the new stuff for the first time with everybody. I also want to experience the Halloween event without being distracted, so having that drop on the same day is kind of mind numbing.

Do exactly what you describe in your first sentence, for sure. The content is going to be there for a long time and they want each zone to function like the Silverwastes or Orr, where there's events that players want to engage in repeatedly instead of just 100%ing it and leaving it a ghost town. You'll miss the insane rush of everyone trying to do everything, getting enough hits in to get event credit and running up against the inevitable bugs, etc. If you take your time and enjoy it, you'll not only miss all of that but you'll be able to appreciate it without 200 people pushing and pulling you in every direction.

I've been quoting this since before launch, but this article from Kill Ten Rats still sums up my perfect approach to Guild Wars 2;

With the imminent launch it is so hard not to imagine play. This time it’s for real! My character’s decisions will matter. I will be stuck with their eye color. I cannot re-decide critical life decisions like my lost sister or dreams of the circus by going back. It became too much. I moved our conversation to generalities instead.

I will need to decide a final character’s race and profession before Saturday. However anything beyond that feels like I will be hurting the experience of just playing. I don’t know when I will hit 30, or when I will begin crafting. I have no clue if I will seek out points-of-interest or jumping puzzles, or save them for some rainy day. I don’t want to know either. I want to Just Play.

I decided, cutting off my friend, that I could not plan anything else. I didn’t know, and I didn’t want to either. I wanted to just walk Tyria to create adventures as I went, you know like Caine from Kung Fu. Guild Wars 2 supports this playstyle. I want to be present in the game world. I cannot stop to smell roses if I don’t even notice the flowers.

The whole article is good, and not much longer than that excerpt, so give it a read if you've got a sec.

So many games (and GW2 is no exception) give you a big long list of things to do because for some players, they simply don't know how to self motivate (thank those players for the Renown Hearts we have to put up with). Unfortunately for everyone else, there's that nagging checklist and constant UI element saying "Go here", but luckily GW2 only marks the most obvious things and leaves a lot to discover on your own (including events, which there's no checklist for; 3 years on I still see new events about once a week). There's also no gear treadmill to worry about falling behind on.

Wander the world, in whatever direction the wind takes you, doing good by everyone you meet, player and non-player character alike. I think the only time I'm ever focused on going anywhere and doing anything is Guild Missions and the first few World Events after reset (and then only because I'm trying to generate some extra money for guild expenses in HoT).

I was just wondering if we should do a guild run through the new maps or something. Or perhaps a clock tower run.

We'll have to see how the maps work; apparently large parts of them are behind barriers you need Masteries to access, Metroidvania style (except instead of items, it's experience-based). We may not be able to run through much more than Verdant Brink before we hit some of those barriers.

Clock Tower run is.... well, I'll enjoy listening to all of the swearing in Mumble if that's what people want to do.
JUWnj.gif

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is it true a guild hall needs some shovels from silverwastes? I have a few I can save for us if true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom