• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Shit, the gold to gem conversion went to hell in the span of half a day.

Guess the halloween items going up did that

Damn, I knew I should have invested in Gems.

At any rate, when they say Builds, does that mean PvE builds? Or PvP builds? I'd like to quickly have a UI button to swap, like weapon sets but not available in combat.

MikeDip

At any rate, when they say Builds, does that mean PvE builds? Or PvP builds? I'd like to quickly have a UI button to swap, like weapon sets but not available in combat.

PvP builds already exist no? I know there's a tab for it but maybe it's just one PvP build. I dunno :(

Jira

Likely the entire game. Would seem silly to design something like build holding for one mode and not all of them. I think what we will see is a way to make build loadouts with custom names, gear sets, etc. But swapping in combat like that is probably unlikely.

Build Swapping would be awesome.

I'm a closet roleplayer in that I don't run around speaking character, but I have backstories and personalities for a lot of my characters in my head. I've got three builds on my Norn Warrior that represent different periods of his life. So being able to save them in game would be awesome.

Yes, I am a geek.

leng jai

Likely the entire game. Would seem silly to design something like build holding for one mode and not all of them. I think what we will see is a way to make build loadouts with custom names, gear sets, etc. But swapping in combat like that is probably unlikely.

So like, build templates?!?!?!?

They should open the gw1 source code, find the build template code, highlight it, ctrl+c, open gw2 source code, ctrl+v.

It pretty basic im surprised they haven't done it yet.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any good looking skins that are cheap? I really want some weapons that glow for my Revenant. 1H sword/axe and Hammer.

The Ascalonian Catacombs weapons have a cool glow at night.

Royal_Ascalonian_Sword_night.jpg

Royal_Ascalonian_Axe_night.jpg

Personally, I'm going to buy the Fractal weapons for my Revenant.

MikeDip

Friends, look!

I did Teq for the first time tonight and got a cool ascended weapon chest! Then lovely guild chat showed me how to change the stats to beserker because it was apothecary. This made it red though so I used my first transmutaion charge to make it white again.
So many firsts :3

So great!

swnny

With the last beta weekend gone, is there any information when will physical PRE-ORDERS become available?
I have pre-purchase edition for the original Guild Wars 2, and I'm not a fan of a plastic box with a single code in it. Want at least the normal edition for Heart of Thorns, but I cannot find it anywhere yet...

Indignate

Friends, look!

I did Teq for the first time tonight and got a cool ascended weapon chest! Then lovely guild chat showed me how to change the stats to beserker because it was apothecary. This made it red though so I used my first transmutaion charge to make it white again.

So great!

I also did Tep for the first time today and I did not get a cool sword.

I got a spoon.

Jira

With the last beta weekend gone, is there any information when will physical PRE-ORDERS become available?
I have pre-purchase edition for the original Guild Wars 2, and I'm not a fan of a plastic box with a single code in it. Want at least the normal edition for Heart of Thorns, but I cannot find it anywhere yet...

Do developers even make actual physical games on pc anymore? As in there's a disc in the box?

swnny

Do developers even make actual physical games on pc anymore? As in there's a disc in the box?

Last I've seen - yes, they do.
Games like GTA and Witcher also came with nice packages as well, like maps, manuals and so on. Something Guild Wars 1 and its expansions were gods at. Shame...

Spyware

Lately, some Steam games come with only a Steam install on the disc. No game files at all. It's extremely silly and such a waste of resources.

I opted for:

Corrupted Blade & Corrupted Skeggox + Entropi. About 30 - 35g total for the lot, I'm very happy with these items.

I some GIFs because I was bored and thought it might help other people.
Was gonna suggest Corrupted stuff and the cheaper/more common champ bag stuff, but since I wasn't at my computer I couldn't easily look up the cost and didn't know if they were too expensive. So in the end I didn't post my suggestion. Nice to see that you still got that exact stuff and for cheap too!

Friends, look!

So great!
Wow! That is some insane luck! Congratulations!

nan0

Friends, look!

So great!

Ha, grats. Did the very same thing. Had a Tequatl's Hoard sitting in Bank for month until I learned that I can change its stats.

Behold my new longbow:

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I'm going to an open bar Star War Old Republic event this week. I've never played the game. Think it'll be awkward if I wear a Guild Wars shirt to it? ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Bonus with these: You'll always know when sigil of night is working.

Made my ninth 80 tonight. Didn't expect to be making a second necro but I wanted a different race for reaper.

I want to level a new Warrior for a race and name change but I hate levelling and I only have 30 tomes, all of which will go to my Revenant. If I get 100% completion on my Warrior but delete her do I lose anything gained from doing it? I could really do with a couple of character slots, my account isn't old enough to get the second bonus one with HoT sadly. Plus I'd need to farm all new gear, it's a lot of work. I'm surprised they don't offer race change in the store.

Quenk

I want to level a new Warrior for a race and name change but I hate levelling and I only have 30 tomes, all of which will go to my Revenant. If I get 100% completion on my Warrior but delete her do I lose anything gained from doing it? I could really do with a couple of character slots, my account isn't old enough to get the second bonus one with HoT sadly. Plus I'd need to farm all new gear, it's a lot of work. I'm surprised they don't offer race change in the store.

I believe you'd only lose the soulbound items and anything that character has in its inventory. Race change isn't offered because they had issues with the personal story if a character's race change

yasu151

Hello GAF! Might I humbly request an invite?
TatorTots.9834 (Stormbluff Isle, character name is DropDrip)

I just started playing (who could pass up a free MMO?), and am taking my time with it. I much enjoy the game, and will continue plodding along, occasionally deviating for events this thread recommends. Advice is always weighed heavily & appreciated.

Edit: Thanks much! Because I'm using the free version I guess I can't reply to whispers, but I'm representin'! I will purchase the expansion in a few weeks.

MikeDip

I'm going to an open bar Star War Old Republic event this week. I've never played the game. Think it'll be awkward if I wear a Guild Wars shirt to it? ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Do it and take a picture please

goober

Hey guys new player here. I tried running this game last night, but it keeps crashing on me. I deleted the local.dat file, repaired it by adding the -repair command line, but it still crashes. I even reinstalled the game.
I was able to select a server but when it gets to the "select a race" screen, it freezes and my computer just restarts. I'm able to move the mouse around, but I can't click on anything like the "skip to the end" button. I've tried lowering the core clock on MSI Afterburner as well which I saw worked for a few others.

I'm trying to run the game on my laptop.
The specs are:
Intel i5 1.7Ghz
Geforce 840M 2GB
8 GB Memory
I'm able to run most games on low-medium settings without a problem.
Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Zeroth

Hey guys new player here. I tried running this game last night, but it keeps crashing on me. I deleted the local.dat file, repaired it by adding the -repair command line, but it still crashes. I even reinstalled the game.
I was able to select a server but when it gets to the "select a race" screen, it freezes and my computer just restarts. I'm able to move the mouse around, but I can't click on anything like the "skip to the end" button. I've tried lowering the core clock on MSI Afterburner as well which I saw worked for a few others.

I'm trying to run the game on my laptop.
The specs are:
Intel i5 1.7Ghz
Geforce 840M 2GB
8 GB Memory
I'm able to run most games on low-medium settings without a problem.
Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

This will sound silly, but have you updated your vídeo drivers? I think your laptop is fine to play gw2 (i installed and played it on a friends laptop with worse specs).

Proven

One way of looking at is that they're throwing more rewards at us. Another way to look at is that they're throwing more grind at us...

Also, they're going to be nerfing transmutation stone gain, so grind and stock up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom