• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Is it true a guild hall needs some shovels from silverwastes? I have a few I can save for us if true

It was on the list of supplies during one of the livestreams, but that's all a WIP so I wouldn't invest too heavily in anything until it's out for real.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
It was on the list of supplies during one of the livestreams, but that's all a WIP so I wouldn't invest too heavily in anything until it's out for real.

I hear ya, I'm just building them up slowly while doing events trying to find the damn Tormentor at blue base. No harm holding them till we know if they are needed or not, one inventory space isn't much

yasu151

I've been enjoying the game so far. I've been exploring the different starting city areas, and I've leveled to 26. While I'm intentionally getting hero points in each and those warp diamond...things, I've been completing the heart quests hit and miss on a whim (and I'm easily amused.) I fought the fire beast event and the swamp creature event; that was pretty cool.

I havent had much need for money so far, and have pretty much deposted or salvaged everything I can before selling anything, and almost always mine/harvest whatever's nearby. I'm part of the GAF guild (thanks for the invite), but what should I take advantage of guild-wise? And, how? Further, anything I can do to contribute?

Retro

I've been enjoying the game so far. I've been exploring the different starting city areas, and I've leveled to 26. While I'm intentionally getting hero points in each and those warp diamond...things, I've been completing the heart quests hit and miss on a whim (and I'm easily amused.) I fought the fire beast event and the swamp creature event; that was pretty cool.

I havent had much need for money so far, and have pretty much deposted or salvaged everything I can before selling anything, and almost always mine/harvest whatever's nearby. I'm part of the GAF guild (thanks for the invite), but what should I take advantage of guild-wise? And, how? Further, anything I can do to contribute?

That's a fantastic way to level, just heading to wherever the road takes you. I actually find that not completing hearts is a good thing; when the bug bites me to do some map completion, I'll always have a map that's like 70% done and most of the hearts are almost knocked out too.

As far as the guild goes, there's not much we can offer guild-wise beyond Guild Missions. We hold them ever Saturday night at 9pm Eastern, and then have a make-up session (for folks who couldn't make it the night before due to international time differences, work, etc.) at 3pm Eastern Sunday. Because the missions are randomly determined (for now, that will change in HoT!) you may not be able to make all of them depending on your level (sometimes we get a Guild Rush in a level 20 zone, sometimes it's in level 80), but we always try to go for the lowest level bounty targets and such that we can. Guild Missions will award you with Guild Commendations, which can be used to buy all sorts of cool things.

Otherwise, there's just a lot of passive buffs we run (mouse over the guild icon to see them) to help everyone out.. when I remember to activate them.

In terms of contributing, just by being a member of the guild while playing generates a level of influence, which we use to build those missions and buffs. That's pretty much all we ask and all we really need, for now. When HoT comes out we'll likely need a lot of crafting materials to set up and upgrade the Guild Hall, but that's 2 weeks away and we're not sure what we'll need just yet.

But it's awesome of you to offer to help out just the same!

Xanathus

I still wonder if you need to own HoT in order to enter a Guild Hall, because I don't plan on buying it on release. It would suck so hard if everyone is gathered in the Halls before missions and you can't participate it.

Retro

I still wonder if you need to own HoT in order to enter a Guild Hall, because I don't plan on buying it on release. It would suck so hard if everyone is gathered in the Halls before missions and you can't participate it.

You need HoT to reach Guild Halls, but the Guild Initiative Headquarters in Lion's Arch is (supposedly) going to offer a lot of the same features. It's unfortunate that they set it up that way because it excludes people who can't or don't want to pick up the expansion from being a 'full' member of the community and from seeing a really cool part of the game that might encourage them to make the purchase if they can be a part of it.

Xanathus

You need HoT to reach Guild Halls, but the Guild Initiative Headquarters in Lion's Arch is (supposedly) going to offer a lot of the same features. It's unfortunate that they set it up that way because it excludes people who can't or don't want to pick up the expansion from being a 'full' member of the community and from seeing a really cool part of the game that might encourage them to make the purchase if they can be a part of it.

Sigh that's disappointing but makes sense since they obviously want to split up the haves and have nots to force people to buy HoT in order to hang out with the haves.

Retro

Sigh that's disappointing but makes sense since they obviously want to split up the haves and have nots to force people to buy HoT in order to hang out with the haves.

I'm not so sure it's that nefarious. The Guild Halls appear to be tied pretty heavily to the lore and the setting within the Jungle, with guilds physically removing the enemy from them, laying claim and setting up buildings that match the aesthetics of the land around them. They occupy a place in the world, supposedly, and that's a nice half-way point between the impossible "Guild halls aren't instance but appear in the real world" and the ineffectual "Guild halls are totally instanced" which was a big back-and-forth during the Guild Hall CDI.

Maybe you're right and that's all window dressing so we can hand wave away the tactic, but I think having some sort of generic Guild Hall, while just as functional, wouldn't really feel connected to the theme of the expansion. I hope when the next one hits (if we have to have expansions, though I guess that ship has sailed) there's Guild Halls up in the mountains or on an iceberg like the Kodan sanctuaries, build around a desert oasis or perched on an arid mesa... or whatever the theme of the next expansion happens to be. The idea, I guess, is that Guild Halls aren't just something you get, dink around in and then forget forever besides the utilitarian aspects, but something they can expand and we can play with for a long time.

At least that's my hope, though it probably just sounds like justification. /shrug

MayMay

Banned
I never played GW2, because I just did not like alot of things about the game. So a few years later - right before the expansions releases I decide to give it another shot because I assume the game got alot of patches that might've changed things I didnt like.

I log in --

8fd400f169.jpg

>__> I never even played the game.

Guess I won't give it another shot lol. Anyone had this happen? I don't even know exactly when it happened. Could've been any day between release and today...

I never played GW2, because I just did not like alot of things about the game. So a few years later - right before the expansions releases I decide to give it another shot because I assume the game got alot of patches that might've changed things I didnt like.

I log in --

>__> I never even played the game.

Guess I won't give it another shot lol. Anyone had this happen? I don't even know exactly when it happened. Could've been any day between release and today...

You bought the game, played it, didn't like it, and stopped playing. At some point during that time, your account was hacked, the hackers did what hackers do and the account got banned.

I'm not exactly sure what can be done. You could put in a ticket and if you have the documentation that proves it's your account maybe it could be restored or replaced?

spiritfox

I think at this point I'll be more worried about your other online accounts. If you share passwords I would recommend changing them all, and activate 2-factor if available.

MayMay

Banned
Yeaah, I sent in a support ticket and I'll see what happens now.

And yeah, I'm a bit worried now. I am surprised this could happen without me noticing. I can't remember that I ever got an email from them to maybe.. tell me something might be going on with the account. But maybe I did get one years ago and just ignored it. Who knows lol

Ah well, I changed all my passwords as a precaution.

Yeaah, I sent in a support ticket and I'll see what happens now.

And yeah, I'm a bit worried now. I am surprised this could happen without me noticing. I can't remember that I ever got an email from them to maybe.. tell me something might be going on with the account. But maybe I did get one years ago and just ignored it. Who knows lol

Ah well, I changed all my passwords as a precaution.

When the game first launched there was an email Phishing scam you probably got caught there, unless your password was very weak and you used the common stuff like 123456, god123, or password lol..

Zeroth

That shirt is so meta that it destroys D/D ele in PvP while soloing all PvE content only pressing the healing skill button.

lol nice touch with the Colin pic.

I had a goal to finish 100% WC with my Guardian before the expansion and with how busy these last two months were I didn't think it'd happen but I just might now! I just need to finish up Queensdale which won't take long at all and then there's Kessex Hills, Harathi Hinterlands and the lone Sylvari and Asuran areas. So all low level, easy breezy. Only for my Guardian to be retired in light of the Revenant haha Oh well, at least he has obtained some gear I can give to my revenant, most notably the set of lvl 80 rare armor so he isn't wearing level one armor when I instantly level him to 80 ;P Still need to get him some decent weapons to start with though. Either I need to start running dungeons for tokens which is what I did for my last two characters or I can delve in to weaponsmith. I want to ultimately make ascended stuff so I figure I'll make good exotics on the way to that and make sure they're the stats I want when crafting them.

spiritfox

If you have karma you can get exo armors from the temples in Orr too. Grenth has zerk. But they can't be salvaged so keep that in mind.

Taffer

Kanik for president.

I was just wondering if we should do a guild run through the new maps or something. Or perhaps a clock tower run.

Clock Tower used that adapted PvP system that activities use so no parties allowed. IIRC they were pretty definite when they first switched over to that system that they couldn't get parties working with it so that'll be the case for all activities in future going forward.

If you have karma you can get exo armors from the temples in Orr too. Grenth has zerk. But they can't be salvaged so keep that in mind.

I keep forgetting about that. I tried to check them as I cleared Orr but only checked a few. Do one of them have Solider stats? I'm thinking of having my Revenant go with Soldier armor and zerker weapons and accessories. What do you guys think about that? I'm used to glass cannon with my Ele and Mesmer but figured I'd try something a little tankier this time around especially with the more dangerous enemies in HoT. I feel like with this setup I'd have good survivability but still good damage output.

I have a ton of Karma since I've barely every used it. Is there anything else worth using it on besides exotic armor? If not, I can go all ham on gear.

Jira

Wow @ the pic of Colin...and that shirt man. You should post this over to r/guildwars2, you'd get massive amounts of karma.

Zeroth

I keep forgetting about that. I tried to check them as I cleared Orr but only checked a few. Do one of them have Solider stats? I'm thinking of having my Revenant go with Soldier armor and zerker weapons and accessories. What do you guys think about that? I'm used to glass cannon with my Ele and Mesmer but figured I'd try something a little tankier this time around especially with the more dangerous enemies in HoT. I feel like with this setup I'd have good survivability but still good damage output.

I have a ton of Karma since I've barely every used it. Is there anything else worth using it on besides exotic armor? If not, I can go all ham on gear.

Try using Cavalier. Revenant can get a really high crítica chance without precision thanks to the Rolling Mists trait, so you get a huge benefit out of it.

Keep in mind Cavalier armors can only be crafted though.

There's a karma merchant outside the Arah dungeon that sells Soldiers gear for karma

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crusader_Benson
Thanks! I think there might be a guy in Malchor's Leap that does too from what I dug up.
I'm digging them exalted
Me too, cool idea and extra neat if you played GW1 and therefore actually give a crap about Glint. Although my fondest Glint moment was wrecking her without anyone taking a single blow. I joined a PUG that was ALL rangers (I was an Ele though) and thinking we'd struggle through the dungeon but we made it and then....Broad Head Arrow all day! Glint was literally interrupted for every second of the encounter and couldn't get a single attack in. It was hilarious.
Try using Cavalier. Revenant can get a really high crítica chance without precision thanks to the Rolling Mists trait, so you get a huge benefit out of it.

Keep in mind Cavalier armors can only be crafted though.

Hmm that could be interesting since I figured Invocation was one of the trait lines I'd go with anyway. I wanted to focus on survival, especially with how hard the Raids were going to be and Retro made a good point when he said Vitality is more useful than toughness because toughness doesn't protect from conditions. That said, if the toughness is enough and the ferocity makes the Rev become a melee monster then I'd have to consider it. Since I'd have to craft it, I could always buy or earn tokens for Soldier and then craft Cavalier and see which works better for me. The only downside to instantly leveling my Rev to 80 is there won't be a grace period for people to test out builds and show me which are beast mode ;p As much as I like the idea of theory crafting and figuring things out for myself, I just don't have enough time to dedicate to that and would rather look that up and have fun actually playing. Thanks again for the tip, I love seeing other builds and ideas for this class. I was actually hoping for more Rev impressions in here after the last beta since I sadly was out of town and couldn't play but most posted about other specializations (nothing wrong with that!).

Hmm Valkyrie could be interesting too. I should look up people's findings on vitality versus toughness. Although I had planned on having both with the Soldier set so maybe it wouldn't do me much good ;P Unless I was deciding between this and Cavalier anyway.

Jira

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/hot/Enhanced-Squad-UI-Update/first#post5593313

Thanks for all your feedback and help testing the work-in-progress Enhanced Squad UI during Beta Weekend 3! While we encountered some issues during the beta test, it was great to see it up and running by the end of the weekend so we could get your input. And there was a lot of great feedback! As a result, we’ve decided to hold off on releasing the first version of the new UI until a few weeks after the launch of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™. This will give us a little more time to properly address the issues that were encountered as well as add some needed polish.

We expect this first version to be a great enhancement to squads, including introducing the “commanderless squad” that provides basic squad functionality for a group of 10 players that doesn’t have a member who purchased a Commander Compendium. And for those who are already commanders, you’ll get additional functionality. But this first release won’t include everything we’d like to provide. For example, we’re going to follow up in a later release by adding markers for marking locations in the world and creatures/characters. We’re also looking into adding additional features like displaying boon and condition information in the UI.

As we get closer to future releases, we’ll be sure to provide information on the new functionality we’re adding. We think the Enhanced Squad UI is going to be a great addition to the Guild Wars 2 experience.

Thanks again for your help in making it the best it can be!

DH Updates:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/guardian/Dragonhunter-updates-post-BWE3-launch

Daredevil:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/Daredevil-updates-post-BWE-3-launch/5593564

Ashodin

Holy jesus fuck those DH changes

New skill: Hunter’s Verdict
Hunter’s Verdict: Pull all tethered enemies to you, breaking the tether. This ability’s cooldown (40s) is separate to that of Justice.

get-over-here-o.gif

GET OVER HERE

Pure of Sight: This trait now grants bonus damage of 7% from 0-600 range, 13% beyond 600 range.

awwwwwwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Totally condoning the hybrid melee/ranged playstyle. I'M PUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom