• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I am fighting through demons from hell in a lava filled pit of despair all to be able to buy some peaches :3

yasu151

The most awesome OP in the world has led me down the path of setting up the 360 controller. I've spent a day using it, and it's a little difficult for me right now. I'm dying more often than normal, though I believe that to be more my lack of familiarity with the controls. To anyone using a 360 controller, is this just a learning curve I can get over? I'm willing to invest the time if so.

One of the reasons I'm interested is because I've gotten the Android app Moonlight to successfully stream over video real-time, and with minimal latency. If I can learn to use the 360 controller, I can play this on the couch with a controller via my tablet while watchin' T.V.; I'll achieve the pinnacle of laziness on a Saturday afternoon.

Proven

Daredevil stuff is full of more subtle buffs.

As a Dragon Hunter, "wait, you're giving me a pull so I can drag enemies through my traps from range?" "Hold on, now on the lowest cooldown trap you're giving me access to Fury so I'm no longer beholden to a Valor Grandmaster as my consistent Fury source?" "Come on man, now you're giving me a stunbreaker on a trap?"

If it wasn't for condi removal worries I'd go triple or even quad traps. I'm still taking Shelter as my heal, in part because blocking can burn in my build and also because the healing trap doesn't give me any extra functionality unless I combo it with the trap->free daze trait.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Has Zojja's Berserker Inscription always been 50g? I swear to God it wasn't when I made my Greatsword like 6 months ago. I wanted to get two weapons for my Revenant but there's just no hope in hell at 50g each :/

Has Zojja's Berserker Inscription always been 50g? I swear to God it wasn't when I made my Greatsword like 6 months ago. I wanted to get two weapons for my Revenant but there's just no hope in hell at 50g each :/
Price of crafting hasn't changed that much, currently about 38g.

The biggest cost in making an ascended inscription is the basic materials (iron, soft wood, and ectos are the highest 3)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I have everything apart from the Zojja's Berserker Inscription which is 42g lowest, 50g buy it now price.

Thorgal

The most awesome OP in the world has led me down the path of setting up the 360 controller. I've spent a day using it, and it's a little difficult for me right now. I'm dying more often than normal, though I believe that to be more my lack of familiarity with the controls. To anyone using a 360 controller, is this just a learning curve I can get over? I'm willing to invest the time if so.

One of the reasons I'm interested is because I've gotten the Android app Moonlight to successfully stream over video real-time, and with minimal latency. If I can learn to use the 360 controller, I can play this on the couch with a controller via my tablet while watchin' T.V.; I'll achieve the pinnacle of laziness on a Saturday afternoon.

i would say it is simply a learning curve , however i have been playing with a controller exclusively since the PS 1 days and even tough i now play PC almost exclusively , i cannot play a game with mouse and keyboard to save my life .

Most games these days have standard controller setup available witch is awesome for me , but GW2 did not , so without Hawks/ Welltall 's setup , i would never be able to play this game .

That aside , once you get familiar with the controlls you start to realize how "right " it feels , as if the game was designed with a controller in mind but was never utilized .

But i can certainly understand that if you mainly play games with KB/mouse it might take some time to adjust to it .

So in short , give it some time to get familiar to the controls and see if you like it .

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I may have enough spare dungeon tokens to get 1 weapon with some luck, I'll check tomorrow.

Ashodin

Guild Missions in 10 minutes!

We don't have a Retro, so I'll be the main guy to kick off your fun this Saturday Fever.

Bring your A-Game fun, and let's get some comms!

MikeDip

Guild Missions in 10 minutes!

We don't have a Retro, so I'll be the main guy to kick off your fun this Saturday Fever.

Bring your A-Game fun, and let's get some comms!
Blehh I'm at thanksgiving dinner. But I'm be home soon. I missed this and teq :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oh damn, I just realised I'm not getting a free character slot for my Revenant. I bought the standard edition and my account isn't a year old. I really feel it's bullshit they don't give you an extra slot just for buying the expansion when they're adding a new class, especially since the expansion is over priced to begin with (IMO).

Oh damn, I just realised I'm not getting a free character slot for my Revenant. I bought the standard edition and my account isn't a year old. I really feel it's bullshit they don't give you an extra slot just for buying the expansion when they're adding a new class, especially since the expansion is over priced to begin with (IMO).

Earn the gold, convert to gems, buy a character slot through in-game. I have 10 character slots. You can do it. You already have 5 lvl 80s, so it won't be a sweat. Sell some mats, do some silverwaste and it's done.

MikeDip

I am not leaving silverwastes until I meet the Tormentor. It's the only legendary dude left for me but I can never see this guy. Need that achievement. I've killed the other 3 like 4 times each but no tormentor :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Earn the gold, convert to gems, buy a character slot through in-game. I have 10 character slots. You can do it. You already have 5 lvl 80s, so it won't be a sweat. Sell some mats, do some silverwaste and it's done.

I only have 3 80s, so I can delete one of my PvP alts. For 800 gems it's 165g, that is more than I've ever had so it would take me a lifetime to farm that much, plus I don't have a single Ascended set which I'm trying to save for. In an ideal world I'd have enough slots for one of each class but I'm not a millionaire :D

MikeDip

I only have 3 80s, so I can delete one of my PvP alts. For 800 gems it's 165g, that is more than I've ever had so it would take me a lifetime to farm that much, plus I don't have a single Ascended set which I'm trying to save for. In an ideal world I'd have enough slots for one of each class but I'm not a millionaire :D

Join me in the Sw you can have that much in a few days

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Join me in the Sw you can have that much in a few days

I don't play that much, but you're right I should be doing SW but I feel like there's a lot I need to get done before the expansion and I don't play much at all right now. I wanted to get world completion done on one char and that's at 70% right now.

Oh and BTW, I'm hearing something about a refund I was eligible for that I missed? Is that right? Something to do with HoT and when I bought the game.

Spyware

Thanks Ike, Saturdai and Modric for this awesome group <3

Groupshots!
jaPwj4L.png

nyEUZp7.png
(that second one is the best one of all runs :D)

Waiting for Ike:

Levyne

Banned
Thanks SO much for sticking it out, Kahvi, Sonicbug, and Wanderer. Thanks Tyliout for helping me teach too. Great group, did all the bosses first go even 2x 2-grub Lupi. A couple of the runs were tricky without a thief but we managed. I hope you had fun!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought the game and I am about to dive in... should be fun.

looks like my name is moop.6203.

Nice one, that first play through is pretty damn fun. And just in time for the expansion and Halloween as well.

Sonicbug

Thanks SO much for sticking it out, Kahvi, Sonicbug, and Wanderer. Thanks Tyliout for helping me teach too. Great group, did all the bosses first go even 2x 2-grub Lupi. A couple of the runs were tricky without a thief but we managed. I hope you had fun!

Damn, I look cool in that top shot. =D
Thanks again for organizing these dungeon runs, awesome people. I probably never would have done them otherwise.

Wanderer5

Damn, I look cool in that top shot. =D
Thanks again for organizing these dungeon runs, awesome people. I probably never would have done them otherwise.

Heh yeah, especially Arah. These has been awesome runs, and I looking forward to wrapping up Dungeon Master at long last next week (would need to get CoE story done through).

&#9734; FINAL EVENT - SUNDAY OCTOBER 18 &#9734;

Event #12 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3 and 4

Required Character Level: 80
Required Zone: Cursed Shore

Recommended Gear:
-Powerful Potion of Undead Slaying
-Superior Sigil of Undead Slaying

This is it! The last two paths before GAF can say it has conquered every dungeon Guild Wars 2 has to offer. A journey spread across more than three months is coming to an end.

There is a good chance that these two paths combined will run longer than the two hour mark we've tried for every other week, so be ready in case we go over on time!

&#9734; DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE &#9734;

Callunah, Falsetto, Crescendo, Tyliout, and Sonicbug are the sole remaining members eligible for the bonus prize for attending each week and completing every path. If all five members are able to attend the final two paths, each member will receive fifty gold! Wish them luck!​

Zeroth

Special thanks to my Arah P2 party: Ballad of Rice, RareVos, Varix and Taffer. That was a very smooth path run!

And another special thanks to my P1 party: Kitsychan, RareVos, Varix and Taffer :) P1 is a hard path, but we did it pretty well! Plus we never wiped at Lupi on both attempts!

Rawk Hawk

Oh and BTW, I'm hearing something about a refund I was eligible for that I missed? Is that right? Something to do with HoT and when I bought the game.

I'm not sure if they are still doing it or not, but there were a lot of people who purchased the game expecting to need it for HoT, then news that the core game would be included in HoT came and they offered to refund the purchase price of the core game for those people who had just purchased it.

I guess I would suggest submitting a ticket and see what they say. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom