• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if they are still doing it or not, but there were a lot of people who purchased the game expecting to need it for HoT, then news that the core game would be included in HoT came and they offered to refund the purchase price of the core game for those people who had just purchased it.

I guess I would suggest submitting a ticket and see what they say. Good luck!

This is the statement about character slots and refunds.

I bought the deluxe in March 2015 and have pre-purchased the expansion. I sent in a ticket and they've asked for all my details so hopefully I'll get a core game refund, or at the very least the character slot which is all I really want. It's just so odd to me that they add a new class and don't give everyone a slot to play it. Having to buy the expansion to have access to the class then having to buy another character slot to play it is just madness.

That's an awesome looking staff, good for rangers and necros.

Also lol at making dungeons even more pointless to do. I just hope they really, REALLY compensate in Fractals.

Rawk Hawk

That's an awesome looking staff, good for rangers and necros.

Also lol at making dungeons even more pointless to do. I just hope they really, REALLY compensate in Fractals.

I hope dungeons get a little love in maybe the token rewards. I'm assuming they will drop the gold earned down to deter farming. Likely will become more difficult to find a group doing a dungeon, so if you are interested in their skins, it could become a nightmare trying to get all the needed runs in. Or maybe a fractal relic > dungeon token transfer so you can get the skins?

I don't know, but that's really the only concern I have with it. I don't really mind them moving away from one piece of content to drive people to another.

Mxrz

Long overdue. Its always been annoying that the quickest way to obtain stuff was to grind the same set of content repeatedly. No more nagging thoughts about missing out on 'dungeon gold!' each night.

Hmm. Axe is nice. But Guardian can't use it. Not sure how much a Rev would get out of the offhand. And I'm a bit burnt on warriors. Necro axe hasn't really wowed me with the recent changes either.

No underwater weapons would be a pretty good indication there's not much, if any, underwater content in HoT, yeah? Don't think it means much in the long run since it could just be a region/lore thing. But I'm crazy enough to want more underwater fights.

Zeroth

Long overdue. Its always been annoying that the quickest way to obtain stuff was to grind the same set of content repeatedly. No more nagging thoughts about missing out on 'dungeon gold!' each night.

Hmm. Axe is nice. But Guardian can't use it. Not sure how much a Rev would get out of the offhand. And I'm a bit burnt on warriors. Necro axe hasn't really wowed me with the recent changes either.

Axe offhand is max dps on both zerker and condi rev. So its safe to say its good on rev.

Taffer

Nevermore as a name has already been run into the ground by the millions (estimated) of Rangers calling their pet bird that. If you want to be clever you name your raven Quoth and your hawk Ian.

Mxrz

Axe offhand is max dps on both zerker and condi rev. So its safe to say its good on rev.

But with only two skills, feels like it'd be a bit of a waste over chaos/fractal. There's the footprint/aura stuff, but the mainhand overwrites, doesn't it? Even so the effect covering the arm is pretty neat.

Could be odd, but the thought of no more dungeon grind does make the warriors seem more appealing. Can change up their pve builds up without the nagging thought of having to change them. Its been easier to just leave them in pug mode, and play other alts for 'fun' stuff.

Hedge

Just noticed the arm-effect of the staff legendary. I don't like the skin, but the effect is wonderful. Do.. want.. for my reaper.

300 gold away from The Juggernaut, still then need to work on Ascended gear, and now that awesome staff.
Probably not going to do most of that

The quickest way to make gold is to manipulate markets on the TP, and after that it's farm bandit chests in the Silverwastes.

So after those, Dungeons seemed the least offensive to me. But god forbid people make any money from actually playing the game.

Fractals are already a grind, and they have no plans to add new ones any time soon, and they are gated behind Agony Resistance and Ascended gear (and may end up with new Mastery gates), so sure, let's shift more rewards to that instead of content everyone can do.

1) So I still need 100 icy runestones, and I need a gift specifically from sPvP and one specifically from WvW? And 100% map completion from HoT as well as completing all the other masteries?
Sounds like a lot of work even compared to the original. They all look fantastic.

2) Axe on Ranger is a lot of fun. It could be great with the blue-glowy-set.

3) I think the map bonus system sounds awesome. Is it random rotation? ( From the economy blog post; https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-economy/ )

4) The dungeon thing. If they tune down the dungeons how about making them easier? at least in story mode. Many new players avoid doing them. If you do this you're making them unpopular and whats the point of that? Would be better to then either make the story mode dungeons more integrated in the personal story, and take the explorable paths, chop out the best bits and put them inside the fractals in some other narrative. "Dungeon Fractals" next to regular mish-mash fractals.

I've talked to so many players who are frustrated by dungeons in GW2. They hate them. And there is a good explanation for it. The PvE open world game is easy, even for the player who is not paying attention. Going into AC when you're lvl 35 and barely know how to dodge in your green gear- you're going to have a bad time in your pug. mostly likely the group is gonna get mad at each other, and you're wasting a lot of time.

And it's like- Why? It's not good game design to have a certain difficulty curve, then do a lvl 35 story dungeon which is insanely difficult.

ArenaNet, if you don't want dungeons to be a part of the end game, fine. If you want fractals and raids to take over as the difficult PvE instanced stuff, okay. That is fair. But dungeons are still there. And you nerfing the rewards and putting them elsewhere still does not make them not there.
Integrate story-mode dungeons heavily into personal story. make it so it gives more flow to the personal story, and make them so they are solo-able (if they aren't already!? I know Arah-story is now!?) and explorable dungeons.

There are some good bits. some good bosses and encounters. stitch the best best of all the explorable dungeons and make it into their own mini rotation. would go well with a instanced marionette, instanced scarlett, instanced abbadon Nightfall boss and so on.

1) So I still need 100 icy runestones, and I need a gift specifically from sPvP and one specifically from WvW? And 100% map completion from HoT as well as completing all the other masteries?
Sounds like a lot of work even compared to the original. They all look fantastic.

2) Axe on Ranger is a lot of fun. It could be great with the blue-glowy-set.

3) I think the map bonus system sounds awesome. Is it random rotation? ( From the economy blog post; https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-economy/ )

4) The dungeon thing. If they tune down the dungeons how about making them easier? at least in story mode. Many new players avoid doing them. If you do this you're making them unpopular and whats the point of that? Would be better to then either make the story mode dungeons more integrated in the personal story, and take the explorable paths, chop out the best bits and put them inside the fractals in some other narrative. "Dungeon Fractals" next to regular mish-mash fractals.

I've talked to so many players who are frustrated by dungeons in GW2. They hate them. And there is a good explanation for it. The PvE open world game is easy, even for the player who is not paying attention. Going into AC when you're lvl 35 and barely know how to dodge in your green gear- you're going to have a bad time in your pug. mostly likely the group is gonna get mad at each other, and you're wasting a lot of time.

And it's like- Why? It's not good game design to have a certain difficulty curve, then do a lvl 35 story dungeon which is insanely difficult.

ArenaNet, if you don't want dungeons to be a part of the end game, fine. If you want fractals and raids to take over as the difficult PvE instanced stuff, okay. That is fair. But dungeons are still there. And you nerfing the rewards and putting them elsewhere still does not make them not there.
Integrate story-mode dungeons heavily into personal story. make it so it gives more flow to the personal story, and make them so they are solo-able (if they aren't already!? I know Arah-story is now!?) and explorable dungeons.

There are some good bits. some good bosses and encounters. stitch the best best of all the explorable dungeons and make it into their own mini rotation. would go well with a instanced marionette, instanced scarlett, instanced abbadon Nightfall boss and so on.

I would not complain about Dungeons going into a Fractals rotation. Better yet, have a "Dungeon Fractals" that will specifically pull the dungeon rotations.

But, ultimately, I hate that they are making Dungeons less worthwile.

docbon

First thing I noticed when I came back to GW2 was the crazy inflation in the gold prices for items.

Still, buff dungeon item drops if you're gonna nerf the gold gain, please and thanks.

yo that staff is doooooooooope.

How many years will it take me to get that?

All of them.

Hedge

Rubi said they'd do a livestream of the new legendaries before release - has anyone heard confirmation that it'd be this friday? Or has it been pushed back, since the new legendaries won't be in at release anyway?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
to be frank i think ascended gear should have been lifted from equipment and the agony resistance should come from the masteries in the heart of thorn content, would make things alot more accessible to many people and actually make new people wanna step into fractals after finishing up story content etc in HoT

instead the masteries probs wont feel all that rewarding and the bonuses wont mean much

I have absolutely no proof, but I have a feeling that the WvW Gifts are going to go up or change in price. They seem easier/cheaper to get than other Gifts.

to be frank i think ascended gear should have been lifted from equipment and the agony resistance should come from the masteries in the heart of thorn content, would make things alot more accessible to many people and actually make new people wanna step into fractals after finishing up story content etc in HoT

instead the masteries probs wont feel all that rewarding and the bonuses wont mean much

They should be fun. But I'm hoping that these map bonuses will be fun. There is no reasons for silk to be worth so much a gossimer to be so worthless. Ascended would be a lot more affordable if these mats were just easier to get in larger volumes.
I still think, the crafting steps are too cumbersome, but it would make it a lot more fun.

I have absolutely no proof, but I have a feeling that the WvW Gifts are going to go up or change in price. They seem easier/cheaper to get than other Gifts.

What is it now, 500 badges?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What's the chance of the Berserker insignias getting cheaper in HoT? I'd really love a full Ascended set.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not likely, unless there ends up being some crazy influx of powerful blood from map rewards or such.

Yeah that's what I was hoping for I guess. I'm currently just making a Deldrimor Steel Ingot each day so I have those sorted for when I need them, but it's the Insignias that are the big problem.

spiritfox

Those Economy changes proof they fucking the players who don't move to HoT....I have HoT, but sucks for the other Vanilla players..

I'll wait until all the changes are fully known before crying foul. Just because they're adjusting dungeons doesn't mean that other places will be adjusted too to compensate.

Duress

This guild is cuckolding me

M70adXP.jpg

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Those Economy changes proof they fucking the players who don't move to HoT....I have HoT, but sucks for the other Vanilla players..

From a business standpoint it makes sense for them to have an economy-creep in the same way there's a power-creep in other games. I'm not a fan of it due to me liking the pick-up-and-play nature of dungeons. What's the point of running a bearbow group if I'm not getting the one gold? Fun? Psh. I want reward with my fun for maximum efficiency!

Proven

I didn't think there'd be two blog posts today...

Wait, I don't get it. So what if they're nerfing dungeon rewards? Half the reason people went into dungeons was for gold. Why did they want gold? Because it was a way to buy the materials they wanted to craft whatever they wanted.

Now they're shifting the market so that you aim more for the materials you want rather than a familiar gold spout. Most of the zones in the game are in the core game, which means most of the rewards will be given out to people who aren't playing in the HoT zones. Plus, some of the rewards are going into Fractals, which is also still 100% completely open to anyone in the core game. How are core game players getting screwed?

The best money in the game comes from SW anyway
This too, which is also freely open to anyone with the core game.

xeris

Nevermore as a name has already been run into the ground by the millions (estimated) of Rangers calling their pet bird that. If you want to be clever you name your raven Quoth and your hawk Ian.

Named my main ranger's raven Gumball in honor of the bit about ravens eating the eyes of the dead.

I didn't think there'd be two blog posts today...

Wait, I don't get it. So what if they're nerfing dungeon rewards? Half the reason people went into dungeons was for gold. Why did they want gold? Because it was a way to buy the materials they wanted to craft whatever they wanted.

Now they're shifting the market so that you aim more for the materials you want rather than a familiar gold spout. Most of the zones in the game are in the core game, which means most of the rewards will be given out to people who aren't playing in the HoT zones. Plus, some of the rewards are going into Fractals, which is also still 100% completely open to anyone in the core game. How are core game players getting screwed?

This too, which is also freely open to anyone with the core game.

Dungeons paid for 5 of my 6 Legendary, it was the fastest way to make money in the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom