• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
People love to have villains.

And heroes.

c6KgrTz.jpg

Ashodin

We gotta do this. Please say yes.

miktar that upload jaysus

The new round will run until the new reset times on Saturday, then end and update Glicko ratings. After it comes up again, WvW will be running as “normal” except for the changed reset times and the new Desert Borderlands.

WVW resets on Saturdays after HoT launch, hm. Those who want to participate in WVW at reset and missions are going to have to choose. Unless those who WVW would rather wait an hour or so to get into the WVW battles.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Almost done with the first playthrough of S2. I really REALLY enjoy it. Currently starting "Seeds of Truth". There's a hell of a lot more story and stuff than I was expecting. Some of these areas and mechanics are also really neat! (It's also nice to see Silverwastes and Dry Top in a new light. Was always wondering what those symbols were, etc!)

Planning on getting all the achievements, so maybe I will get sick of all this, but for now s2 is awesome.

I kinda thing it should have come with HoT. If you are a new member or f2p I really think you should pay for s2 or spend a few hours grinding out the gems for it.

Totally worth it

I'm really. really. frustrated with these season 2 achievements. I'm using Dulfys guide, but I just can't hit many of them, and finding help for these are so damn hard. I really want the achievements, but I find that some of them are absolute bullshit and frustrating AF. :(

MikeDip

I'm really. really. frustrated with these season 2 achievements. I'm using Dulfys guide, but I just can't hit many of them, and finding help for these are so damn hard. I really want the achievements, but I find that some of them are absolute bullshit and frustrating AF. :(

No :( This is what I have to look forward to. Which are you finding are the worst? Maybe doing it coop will help?

Zeroth

One hour from now!

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 14 ☆

Event #8 - Swashbuckler's Cove, King Jalis's Refuge

Recommended Character Level: 30
Required Zone: Gendarran Fields, Snowden Drifts

Recommended Waypoints:
Cornucopian Fields Waypoint — [&BOMAAAA=]
Highpass Haven Waypoint — [&BLUAAAA=]

MikeDip

Nice I have both those waypoints. Will be thereeeeeeeeeeeeee

Halloween is almost upon us , so i thought i'd make my Mesmer dress up accordingly beforehand .

That last picture is fucking terrifying. Good job

Ferrio

Banned
So played for like a week as a mesmer to try and get my feet wet again. Think I remember the game enough I could probably get on my lvl 80 thief and figure the rest out. That said, what would be the best way to get my lvl 80 up to speed to get the most outta the expansion?

Jira

So played for like a week as a mesmer to try and get my feet wet again. Think I remember the game enough I could probably get on my lvl 80 thief and figure the rest out. That said, what would be the best way to get my lvl 80 up to speed to get the most outta the expansion?

Just login on release heh. I mean if you plan on raiding, look into ascended gear. Otherwise nothing has changed for you since you last played unless you don't have full exotics.

Proven

They should just make the total makeover kits do race changes. The name alone kinder makes it redundant that they dont do that

Well, they'll likely add it to both the Makeover Kit and Total Makeover kit, then increase their prices by 200-400 gems. I know a lot of people like the simple Makeover kit though, just for getting new hairstyles, so I was entertaining the idea of the race change being a separate item.

Actually, now I can picture it being a third item along with the Makeover kit and Name Contract, but the Total Makeover would still go up in price...

spiritfox

I don't have full exotics or know where to start.

You can get exotic armor from the Orrian temples with Karma, and both weapons and armor via dungeon tokens or WvW Badges of Honor. Ascended accessories can be bought through different vendors, like the Laurel vendor, the WvW Badge vendor, or the Guild Commendation trader.

Spyware

They have said that race change is impossible due to Personal Story reasons. I don't think it'll change anytime soon.
Yeah they can't even reset the PS if it bugs out and puts you on a different path and stuff (something they have repeated over and over to sad players who got borked stories), so I can't see them resetting it for a race change.

xeris

DId tpvp for the first time in 2 years. Won 3 out of 4 by 200 points or more. The one death match was by 425. In the fourth match I was in the derp group so figured that was enough for the night.

xeris

Did some rust fall off?

Nah. Helped that I played my pvp hammer warrior that I use to play. Had to change the "Get offa mah lawn!" build for the new talent tree thingy but pretty much played the same. Biggest diff is having the over level 20 tier meant I was thrown in with the scrubs. Almost pitied the rogue in death match that kept trying to stealth whom I kept in perma-stun. "Oh you went invis? <aoe knockdown> There you are!"

Proven

They have said that race change is impossible due to Personal Story reasons. I don't think it'll change anytime soon.

It was just to continue the "what if" from before. Didn't hear that resetting it would cause bugs. Those issues could likely be solved... but they'd also likely never have enough time for it.

Re: WvW reset time changing. I can only think of two reasons why they'd do it this way. They feel like somehow, despite the precedent, they'll be able to bump up playtime through the week and at the end of the matchup, or they absolutely need the minimum amount of days to make sure everything gets online bug free. Probably some combination of the two, but which is it weighted towards?

Edit:
We gotta do this. Please say yes.

miktar that upload jaysus

WVW resets on Saturdays after HoT launch, hm. Those who want to participate in WVW at reset and missions are going to have to choose. Unless those who WVW would rather wait an hour or so to get into the WVW battles.
I would, but I'm such a PvP fraud that I only just got to rank 40 this morning. That, and my schedule is messy. I'd definitely be a sub, else throw me into GAF guild's B-team.

I forgot that you get 30 silver for winning even in unranked arena though. That feels nicer than I thought.

Spyware

I wonder if it'll release three hours earlier like the headstart did :p They usually quietly press go on releases and betas hours before the announced time. Silly Anet!

Hedge

Wow, so it's the early morning of the 23rd and not the night? I hope that means that I can wait a few hours and let them patch a bit, before I hop on for realsies. I've got a complete armor/weapon set for my Revenant laying in my bank for himmmm.
Now I just need a fitting first name. ;_;

Holey Moley, I'm actually going to achieve WC with my Guardian before HoT hits! I just have Harathi Hinterlands and Bloodtide Coast left :)

Once this is done, I'll use the remaining time to try and get exotic gear for my Rev. I'll probably start by finally getting my Mesmer's Weapon Smithing the rest of the way to 400 and create some exotic weapons for my Rev in the process. As for armor, I'll either run dungeons or buy from the karma vendor. Is AC the only dungeon that drops Soldier stat armor? I need to take stock on how many dungeon tokens I have stored which requires me to remember which character is holding them ;P Heck, I need to just go through all my characters period to see what I want to transfer to my Rev. I have a few mules I haven't actually played with besides getting them to LA. I have a bunch of ascended rings stored but probably none the stats I want so might have to snag some more.

Once I settle on exotic gear for my Rev, I can try my hand at getting Weapon Smithing to 500...

Is there going to be another Silverwastes farm type of map? I love farming.

Masterfully done, I have no idea whether you're being facetious or genuine ;P

Hedge

So looking at a Chronomancer double-shatter build, I really, really want to go Sword/Shield, but I can't help but feel that the shield matches the scepter better. Has anyone got any experience from the beta with a build?

I know I could never recreate his earth-shattering smile in-game. I'd be a hollow mockery.

Levyne

Banned
Lots of people run AC123 for gold (rip) so you could probably work both dungeons for a set pretty fast. Just transmute the skins to something else to deal with the mismatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom