• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proven

I tested some P/P thief per Proven's suggestion. I'm not sure I'm a fan for life leech purposes, but P/P can make for one hell of a lulzy glass cannon build.

The trick with this one is to combine the No Quarter trait (extended fury duration on crit) with Altruism runes (fury on heal). Then keep hitting 3. Just don't get hit yourself. ;)

Bear in mind that Altruism runes cost 5 gold to unlock.

That... actually looks really nice.

Edit: WvW reset time getting changed again: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...he-Heart-of-Thorns-Release/page/6#post5614578

John Corpening said:
Hello All,
There are a couple of reasons for the change to reset time. One is for the overall quality of the game. The last few years we have been careful to not disrupt the WvW reset time but this has at times made it difficult for our team to address issues during reset day. This change will give our team an extra day of the week that they can use to respond to issues that may occur with WvW or any other area of the game if it is necessary. In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary.

Another reason is the emergent gameplay that has come from reset. It has become one of the most exciting times for WvW and we would really love for more players to have the opportunity to experience it. We have many more players logging in on Saturday than on Friday which means with this change many more people will be available to experience the rush of claiming objectives for their world during reset.

However, given the concerns posted here we will be moving the Saturday reset to earlier in the day to give most players the majority of the day to enjoy the start of the new match. Immediately after launch the new time will be 11am PDT / 2pm EDT (6 pm UTC) for NA and 11am BST / 12 pm CEST (10 am UTC) for EU. Keep in mind that the following week with the end of Daylight Savings Time / Summer Time the reset times will be pushed even earlier to 10am PST/ 1pm EST and 10am GMT / 11am CET.
Thank you for your feedback. We realize that no time we pick is going to work for everyone but this change is going to benefit even more players overall while at the same time giving us a little more breathing room to improve the quality of the game during the week.

Thanks, John

Also in that thread, people using hyperbole (suddenly 10am-11am in the morning is way too early to do anything in the morning) and assuming contradictions (to be clear, ANet wants to move it to Saturday so they can patch more mid week while minimizing WvW disruption, especially on Friday night after the expansion launches), along with valid criticisms of OCX and SEA players getting screwed. Although seriously, the responses about their metrics being wrong/false positives is just insulting. You can argue with their interpretation of the facts but you can't think they don't know exactly how many people are playing in WvW hour by hour and making their decision off of that, not some daily average.

Edit: If I was a terrible person I'd post: Changing the rest time to this is perfect! It disincentives OCX/SEA players from playing one piece of content and incentives playing another. And making them unhappy will put a decent dent in the night capping problem!

So I've never actually gone for ascended gear before. I always just did dungeons for cool looking exotic sets.

Since the dev team essentially said they balanced the raids around ascended, I'd like to start the grind for them. How difficult is it to get a set about now?

Hedge

The readjustments to fractal difficulties will leave the earlier ones slightly easier, yes?
Does this mean it will be possible to duo them?
I've only a little experience with fractals, but I don't remember them as crazy difficult.

The readjustments to fractal difficulties will leave the earlier ones slightly easier, yes?
I've only a little experience with fractals, but I don't remember them as crazy difficult.

We've duo'd some stuff on current fractal 50, lower levels are totally doable.

Levyne

Banned

People already solo and duo fractals, even higher level ones. If anything the new setup makes duos easier since it removes randomness, not due to things being less challenging (even if they are at lower levels)

Levyne

Banned
You can literally YouTube "mai trin 50 solo" for any class ha ha.

Though fractals like dredge would be impossible. Unless there's some insane trickery I'm underthinking.

Quenk

You can literally YouTube "mai trin 50 solo" for any class ha ha.

Though fractals like dredge would be impossible. Unless there's some insane trickery I'm underthinking.

I think the minimum for dredge is duo because of the panel.

lolSesshi on youtube has some videos of some duos/solos for a couple full fractals and some portions.

Here's Abe doing a full 50 solo. (he has a second account in the fractal so he can switch characters.

Difference is that I'm a scrub. ;)
Have you got any video's of that? It sounds tough!

I'm sure you're fine :p It's just practice. I don't have any videos of our runs, maybe someone else does, but swamp is a fun one to start with :D You need a mesmer for the wisps (I think? maybe thief can do it though) but the rest is anything goes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Think anything special will go into gem store for HoT probs worth holding gems till then right

Hedge

Wow, thanks! Lots of stuff to look through! I hope it will be something my sister and I can pull off after practice, haha. Thank you!

Cels

whoa, just read that fractals are only gonna be one run, instead of 3 (or 3 + boss)?

that's awesome

(sorry if i'm way out of the loop)

whoa, just read that fractals are only gonna be one run, instead of 3 (or 3 + boss)?

that's awesome

(sorry if i'm way out of the loop)

I am excited for that and I hate dungeons in general.

I just now have to learn how to fractals, but I might just not bother. I hate mossman boss.

Doh! I knocked out those last two zones only to learn that they weren't the only two remaining... Dredgehaunt Cliffs remain and I shall knock it out tonight! Hopefully I can do this quickly so I can switch my focus to nabbing gear for my Rev.

How easy is it to find people for most dungeons with LFG? One of my buddies said it can be hard at times and I doubt people in the guild want to do SE enough to buy me a full set of armor haha I'm sure CoF is still easy to find but not sure that SE is all that popular. I realized I have Armorsmith at 400 though so I wonder how costly it'd be to just create it but I don't want to waste any resources that I might use to get Weaponsmith's level up or even Armorsmith at one point.

Jira

Doh! I knocked out those last two zones only to learn that they weren't the only two remaining... Dredgehaunt Cliffs remain and I shall knock it out tonight! Hopefully I can do this quickly so I can switch my focus to nabbing gear for my Rev.

How easy is it to find people for most dungeons with LFG? One of my buddies said it can be hard at times and I doubt people in the guild want to do SE enough to buy me a full set of armor haha I'm sure CoF is still easy to find but not sure that SE is all that popular. I realized I have Armorsmith at 400 though so I wonder how costly it'd be to just create it but I don't want to waste any resources that I might use to get Weaponsmith's level up or even Armorsmith at one point.

The guild will do anything if you ask. And really just keep refreshing the LFG and you'll find a group OR just make your own and you'll fill one up even faster.

So Nexon and NCSoft's partnership ended. This partnership happened to prevent other companies from taking control in Korea from what I understand.

http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/nexon-ncsoft-end-alliance/

The guild will do anything if you ask. And really just keep refreshing the LFG and you'll find a group OR just make your own and you'll fill one up even faster.

So Nexon and NCSoft's partnership ended. This partnership happened to prevent other companies from taking control in Korea from what I understand.

http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/nexon-ncsoft-end-alliance/

My hope is that between guildies and LGF I'll be able to find enough groups. I know we have loads of awesome guys in here. What's comical is that I was trying to remember precisely where SE was located and naturally it's in the one zone I spaced clearing haha

I'm sure some of you have gotten Weaponsmithing to 500, do you remember roughly how much it costs to go from 400-500? I should have plenty of gold now but am curious. I still have to get it from two hundred something to 400 first though ;P

Jira

My hope is that between guildies and LGF I'll be able to find enough groups. I know we have loads of awesome guys in here. What's comical is that I was trying to remember precisely where SE was located and naturally it's in the one zone I spaced clearing haha

I'm sure some of you have gotten Weaponsmithing to 500, do you remember roughly how much it costs to go from 400-500? I should have plenty of gold now but am curious. I still have to get it from two hundred something to 400 first though ;P

Expected Final Cost
103g

use this http://gw2crafts.net/weaponcraft_400.html

SourBear

Banned
So I bought HoT expecting myself to switch to Revenant as my main. And now that release is a week away I'm reluctant. The Revenant has turned out to be more complicated than I expected. I'd say it is up there with Elementalist and Engineer in terms of complexity. Initially I felt I could handle it, but ever since they decided to allow weapon swapping it has felt too complicated to use the class effectively (for me anyway). I'm not saying that they shouldn't have made that change.. just that this change has pushed the class into too complicated for me to play territory.

Anyone else feel the same?

Levyne

Banned
SE1 and SE3 runs are pretty popular. You could find a group in minutes. Most LFGs are pretty quiet and unexciting, just let them know if you haven't run the path before, out of courtesy.

But yeah, could always ask in guild too. Sure you could find people to run it in the evenings.

1. Wow that's nifty, thanks!

2. Wow, that's not blocked at work!

3. Oooh I know at the top of my head I have way more than enough Ecto and Ancient Wood and I should have enough Ori or close to it plus I have two ori imbued inscriptions that I could throw at it so I'm in great shape and it probably won't cost me too much.
So I bought HoT expecting myself to switch to Revenant as my main. And now that release is a week away I'm reluctant. The Revenant has turned out to be more complicated than I expected. I'd say it is up there with Elementalist and Engineer in terms of complexity. Initially I felt I could handle it, but ever since they decided to allow weapon swapping it has felt too complicated to use the class effectively (for me anyway). I'm not saying that they shouldn't have made that change.. just that this change has pushed the class into too complicated for me to play territory.

I'm pretty sure you could get away with setting your gear up to take a lot a of damage and then wailing at foes with Shiro if you really wanted to.

Edit: For standard PvE I mean. That won't fly for Raids or high level fractals. You'll need to use both legends in harmony to excel against high level content.

Sylas

Opposite for me. I wasn't interested in HoT or anything contained therein until I got some hands-on with Revenant and discovered it was fairly complicated to play. Granted, I mained an elementalist back when I did play, so complexity is welcome!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I find most classes in this game u need to swap weapons etc to be effective. Something i wernt use to at first but has now grown on me

Rawk Hawk

I do, but I think I'm still going to continue on with maining Rev going forward. As a life long Necro, complexity and group support is something I'm just really in the mood for. I'm sure I'll be awful at it for a while though.

That's not to say Necro doesn't have complex parts, but by in large it was an easy class for me to wrap my head around and play well.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So while doing the season 2 stuff my lovable ghost mini keeps popping up in the background (Or very close up foreground) during the cutscenes and starts doing his spin.

It's incredibly adorable, I love it

Fishious

1. Wow that's nifty, thanks!

2. Wow, that's not blocked at work!

3. Oooh I know at the top of my head I have way more than enough Ecto and Ancient Wood and I should have enough Ori or close to it plus I have two ori imbued inscriptions that I could throw at it so I'm in great shape and it probably won't cost me too much.

Some additional tips I don't see metioned often. Note that if you do these you can't follow the gw2crafts guide exactly.

Starting from 450: If you've got tons of bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, and empyreal fragments you can refine these to get a few extra crafting levels.The main limiter here would be the obsidian shards, but if you've done any Silverwastes chest farming you might already have a bunch of them.

Similarly you can start crafting ascended materials here. Since you're limited to 1 of each per day and each crafting profession only gets access to 2, growth will be slow, but since you can profit off of some of them it's basically a free way to get some crafting levels. You can usually make it up to 470-475 with these 2 methods before xp drops off really hard. If your goal is to have it maxed by the time HoT comes out this one isn't terribly helpful. Still, both these things may save you a bit of gold.

Some additional tips I don't see metioned often. Note that if you do these you can't follow the gw2crafts guide exactly.

Starting from 450: If you've got tons of bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, and empyreal fragments you can refine these to get a few extra crafting levels.The main limiter here would be the obsidian shards, but if you've done any Silverwastes chest farming you might already have a bunch of them.

Similarly you can start crafting ascended materials here. Since you're limited to 1 of each per day and each crafting profession only gets access to 2, growth will be slow, but since you can profit off of some of them it's basically a free way to get some crafting levels. You can usually make it up to 470-475 with these 2 methods before xp drops off really hard. If your goal is to have it maxed by the time HoT comes out this one isn't terribly helpful. Still, both these things may save you a bit of gold.
Thanks for the tip. My buddy was just explaining to me that there are time gated items for actually crafting Ascended gear and I should really start on that asap. I'm going to real quick knock out Dredgehaunt to finish 100% WC with my Guardian and then switch to the Mesmer to get his Weapon Smithing up to 500 so I can start crafting the time gated items now. I picked out the weapons I want to use as a Rev so I can try and create enough of the time gated items to make all three weapons at the same time so I don't' have to sit through the long process again each weapon. I need to start looking into crafting Asc gear so I can plan accordingly. Doing 100 WC with multiple characters is really going to help me with the low level mats, finally it might pay off for something haha

GAF is a very casual guild, by design. Shouldn't be surprising.

That said someone could always poke Colin I guess.

They invite DnT, the guild who pushes the zerk meta the hardest.

I think we have people in out guild like you, Ike, zeroth and others who could have given much better feedback.

Levyne

Banned
They really aren't that inflexible. I just watched a DnT video for a condi guard last week. Author clearly stated that it was just another way to to play if you wanted something different. They have "speed run" tip videos from 2014 for engis and rangers that aren't in the meta (or weren't then I dunno how ice bow changes have shifted things).

Even if GAF was listed I doubt I would really be interested in testing. Not something I'm excited by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom