• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minamu

It only took 906 days but today, I finally managed to meet you guys :D Thanks for the warm welcome (again) and the to both me and Lexi completely new guild aspect of the game! This was one of the most fun evenings in a long time :) So cool to finally see some "faces" connected to the chat names, it was quite unreal to see random gaffers standing around the mystic forge when I logged in, and to also play some dungeons in a non-pug, and finally running into a guildie at Temple of Balthazar. Looking forward to being able to join in dungeon requests etc from now on :)

Lexi is a bit shy because of the English but she says hello and thanks as well ^^

Quenk

It only took 906 days but today, I finally managed to meet you guys :D Thanks for the warm welcome (again) and the to both me and Lexi completely new guild aspect of the game! This was one of the most fun evenings in a long time :) So cool to finally see some "faces" connected to the chat names, it was quite unreal to see random gaffers standing around the mystic forge when I logged in, and to also play some dungeons in a non-pug, and finally running into a guildie at Temple of Balthazar. Looking forward to being able to join in dungeon requests etc from now on :)

Lexi is a bit shy because of the English but she says hello and thanks as well ^^

Yay! I'm glad you and Lexi had a good first day with the guild (on NA). It was fun running those couple story dungeons with you guys.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
World Complete!

(although technically it's my second character, but I deleted the first character with 100% world completion)

Thorgal

My Mesmer joins the ranks of the 80 's

He is my sixth character that i got leveled .

The gang :

gw22015-03-0214-18-32ylrw2.jpg

gw22015-03-0214-19-07zrqi1.jpg

gw22015-03-0214-19-36bmoj3.jpg

gw22015-03-0214-20-065drov.jpg

gw22015-03-0214-20-43xyo8l.jpg

gw22015-03-0214-21-06hhp00.jpg

From top to bottom : War ,Mesmer , Guard , Necro , ele and Ranger .

tomedo

Anyone using DS4Windows with GW2? Id like to stop using xpadder but the DS4Windows keymappings do not seem to work with GW2...

Shiokazu

so, i have a question. do you guys know how to fix a xbox360 wired controller, where the controller only works if the wire is bent in a specific way?

Got email today!!!!!

------

Congratulations!

You've been selected as a second place winner in our Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns Swag Giveaway!

For your winning entry, you'll receive: 1 Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns t-shirt and 1 Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns Pin.

Please get back in touch with us with your full name, address, and t-shirt size.
---------------------------------
MMORPG.com

For any questions, comments or concerns please contact **********@*******.****

6a00e54f9367fb883401a51181945f970c-pi

Moondrop

Banned
I've been itching to get my most neglected character, mesmer, off the shelf. And I think I figured out a lockdown build that could work in wvw; details to come. The problem is I'm not sure how defensive to make the stats. Part of me wants to go full giver's or nomad's- to fully commit to defense in order to stay near the frontline and do crazy portal bombs. Does anyone have thoughts on or experience as mesmer in defensive gear?

Mesmer doesn't do enough damage in defensive gear. Even PU Mesmers feel like they take forever to kill anything. If I'm not a shatter build with energy sigils to spam clones, I go crazy.

Thorgal

Mine is more Dungeon oriented so i loaded mine with Assassin's gear and Centaur runes to get near constant crits . you can argue that this is complete overkill and you'd be right , but i find My damage just too low without it .

Moondrop

Banned
Yeah, I'm worried that as soon as I trait into defense a bit I've lost all my KO potential, so I might as well go all the way. And I should work more on my shatter, but I just can't get a hold of controlling the clones.

But this build is a different concept- dealing immobs all around in WvW. Here's the sketch for more background:

Mantra heal
Mantra AoE stability and stunbreak
Mantra AoE daze (1200 range)
Veil/portal/decoy
Mass invisibility (?)

6 Mantra CD reduction, sword or pistol CD reduction, bonus mantra
6 Damage reduction with illusions, boons on interrupt, immobilize on interrupt
2 Condi cleanse on heal

Centaur runes
Weapon choices are flexible but this build synergizes well with my favored sword/pistol + scepter/sword.

A lot of Heart of Thorns info seems to be making its way out from the press event. Stuff on Revenant gameplay, Stronghold PvP, and the intro to the new Maguuma zones.

[HoT News] HoT meeting info megapost

Favorite thing I see so far is the player character talking a lot during the story instance. So happy to not have them silent or only talking in text like during the Living Story.

That it's the human female in this preview is great too since she's the one I hear the most, haha.

Got email today!!!!!

------

Congratulations!

You've been selected as a second place winner in our Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns Swag Giveaway!

For your winning entry, you'll receive: 1 Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns t-shirt and 1 Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns Pin.

Please get back in touch with us with your full name, address, and t-shirt size.
---------------------------------
MMORPG.com

For any questions, comments or concerns please contact **********@*******.****

6a00e54f9367fb883401a51181945f970c-pi

boooooooooo

I only got 400 gems, yes I am being ungrateful.

That Wyvern group fight was painful. You would think people would know by now how Defiance works. But NOPE, spam hammer 5 when is is not on cooldown.

I would have had time with my warrior to take the entire bar off at the rate they were going. An entire 5 second window to break it.

Just saying.

It did look like the bar scaled up when more people joined the fight though, and individual CC was worth less in later attempts than when the player was fighting alone during the first break chance.

Taffer

You would think people would know by now how Defiance works.

Come to Orr and watch zergs wipe to the first champion lifestealer they face. People either don't know to equip an interrupt each or just don't care about equipping one (probably because outside of Orr there's nothing that lethal that needs timed interrupts).

Zeroth

Come to Orr and watch zergs wipe to the first champion lifestealer they face. People either don't know to equip an interrupt each or just don't care about equipping one (probably because outside of Orr there's nothing that lethal that needs timed interrupts).

I think it's fair to say a lot of people don't carry CC skills, and due to how defiance works right now, a upscaled fight against a lifestealer needs 50 stacks of defiance taken off, and that's a lot for most groups.

The source of my complaints though is that they were all revenants with hammers (well, except that poor soul that brought mace/axe). They ALL had a CC skill in the form of hammer 5, or even Jalis' 7 which is a chain that removes defiance. But they just couldn't hold said CC for the defiance.

Zeroth

Is this practice for the talks you're going to have with PUGs in map chat for months after HoT releases?

Are pugs debriefed on Heart of Thorns features, including but not limited to the new defiance system and the wyvern fight and given a class with access to two crowd-control skills (and that being he only one they can use)? I mean, some of them even WROTE about these changes.

But I appreciate the snark.

There was no snark intended. You further emphasized the point I was making though.

If people explicitly taught what to do for the encounter couldn't figure it out, it's going to take a while to get everyone working together during the real thing.

Zeroth

There was no snark intended. You further emphasized the point I was making though.

If people explicitly taught what to do for the encounter couldn't figure it out, it's going to take a while to get everyone working together during the real thing.

That was not what you expressed with your post. But since you complemented it, let me elaborate:

I am disappointed that people who have read and written about this fight failed a simple thing: They did not attempt to use CC skills on the wyvern. They had access to them, they had numbers to make it so if at least 5 out of 10 used their CC skills on that window and succeed it, but they simply did not do it. Matter of fact, sometimes the only one using CC was the person recording the video. That is what disappointed me. I do not expect pugs to master this fight nor to properly use CCs every time, for I never said that, but I found that the circumstances here give me an unfavorable view on this group.

Of course you can mount up several reasons for why. Maybe they were too busy cracking
bad
jokes to fight for real, or maybe they did not care for it. But it was surely something that I did not appreciate.

Moondrop

Banned
Revenant skills look pretty cool (midway through video Ike posted). Hammer CDs appear quite short.

I suppose I ought to use focus over pistol for my wvw lockdown mesmer. However centaur runes provide perma-swiftness and if the pull causes an interrupt it will immobilize, seemingly negating the pull. Or staff for chaos storm. Or both. Hmm.

Quenk

So those Black Feather Wings are up on the gemstore now. I'll be seeing lots of people with them when I log on later today.

That was not what you expressed with your post. But since you complemented it, let me elaborate:

I am disappointed that people who have read and written about this fight failed a simple thing: They did not attempt to use CC skills on the wyvern. They had access to them, they had numbers to make it so if at least 5 out of 10 used their CC skills on that window and succeed it, but they simply did not do it. Matter of fact, sometimes the only one using CC was the person recording the video. That is what disappointed me. I do not expect pugs to master this fight nor to properly use CCs every time, for I never said that, but I found that the circumstances here give me an unfavorable view on this group.

Of course you can mount up several reasons for why. Maybe they were too busy cracking
bad
jokes to fight for real, or maybe they did not care for it. But it was surely something that I did not appreciate.
I have no idea why you think PUGs are incabable of learning. The video you are complaining about can be explained as people simply being excited about the new content and they are disregarding everything.

If the content is designed as well as you seem to be hoping it will be based on your comments, pugs are going to learn it will not be instant but they are going to learn how to break bad habits. It is just like the Original taco fight, people were overreacting and now some of those same people are whining how the fight is trivilize and on farm mode. If pugs do no change their habits it is because the content doesn't require them to.

The point being, getting worked up over a bunch of over excited kids getting access to the new shinning toy is called over reacting.

Zeroth

I have no idea why you think PUGs are incabable of learning. The video you are complaining about can be explained as people simply being excited about the new content and they are disregarding everything.

If the content is designed as well as you seem to be hoping it will be based on your comments, pugs are going to learn it will not be instant but they are going to learn how to break bad habits. It is just like the Original taco fight, people were overreacting and now some of those same people are whining how the fight is trivilize and on farm mode. If pugs do no change their habits it is because the content doesn't require them to.

The point being, getting worked up over a bunch of over excited kids getting access to the new shinning toy is called over reacting.

I meant "master the fight" in the sense of having all pugs pulling perfectly on the first day of HoT being out because they read about it, not that the fight would be overly complex. No PvE content is truly unbeatable given time and effort.

And I'm just disappointed they did not attempt to stun the wyvern knowing what they did and having the means to, that's all. It's not some tirade against dirty vbloggers getting their hands on my precious expansion, and that's not what I intended to convey.

Meh. They once again made another backpiece look so tiny and crappy on Asura.
(i would've doubled it in size)

Somewhat worth it if you're another race though.

Thorgal

Meh. They once again made another backpiece look so tiny and crappy on Asura.
(i would've doubled it in size)

Somewhat worth it if you're another race though.
the bottom of the wings are already slightly clipping through the ground .making them even bigger would be bad.

Wanderer5

Lol too many wings.:p I kind of hope there going to be white/light wings too, which might be great for my "blue angel" charrdian.

I meant "master the fight" in the sense of having all pugs pulling perfectly on the first day of HoT being out because they read about it, not that the fight would be overly complex. No PvE content is truly unbeatable given time and effort.

And I'm just disappointed they did not attempt to stun the wyvern knowing what they did and having the means to, that's all. It's not some tirade against dirty vbloggers getting their hands on my precious expansion, and that's not what I intended to convey.

Why would they attempt to master the fight in a demo?

Also in the video i saw they did stun it the boss maybe you were watching a different video, you could see the defiance bar filling up during the dps phase. But nevertheless, If I was in their situation given the fact that I had only 45 minutes, i would be soaking it in and not worrying about fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom