• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Pretty short teaser (as expected) but the map shown has a LOT of vertical space involved. Looks like lots of canyons and cliffs and such.

nataku

Isn't this supposed to be a more defensive map? People that want zergs vs zerg fights have the other borderlands map for that.

Personally, this map not being that is something I'm looking forward to. Maybe I'll actually start to do WvW again then.

Trey

I think I'm going to get started with some pvp. Never really did it before and I'm looking to get more value out of gw2.

Anno

I think I'm going to get started with some pvp. Never really did it before and I'm looking to get more value out of gw2.

This is me recently. Still just doing practice matches testing out builds, but even those are really rewarding.

Trey

NA just got
camby.png

NA just got tossed in the bin, jesus

ayo.gif

Anno

Trying to team up, bro?

If you can stand someone who's horrible I'm down =p

This is why double-elim finals are really lame. Especially in a game this fast-paced, go Bo5/Bo7. Having to play an additional qualifying match is more than enough.

Talents

Banned
So I've played this game before but my friends decided they'd buy it since it is on sale. I'm torn between making an Elementalist or a Mesmer. What are the pros and cons of both? Mesmer seems like a refreshing change from the usual mage I make in MMORPG's. However do Mesmers offer any significant burst? I really love bursty characters. Should be noted that I love PvP in games.

Ashodin

So I've played this game before but my friends decided they'd buy it since it is on sale. I'm torn between making an Elementalist or a Mesmer. What are the pros and cons of both? Mesmer seems like a refreshing change from the usual mage I make in MMORPG's. However do Mesmers offer any significant burst? I really love bursty characters. Should be noted that I love PvP in games.

meftV0q.gif

image macros aside, the Mesmer is super bursty in PVP. And is very different from a mage as you can get.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Taking no life to a whole new level....

GNDtXpc.jpg

Just can't put it down.

Started a new character last night, kinda forgot how everything works as it's been a long time. Once I get the hang of it I will switch between my new Elementalist and my old 26 Warrior.

Is there any group stuff I can do really early on in the game? Dungeons etc? Also I know I can get boosted up to 80 if I go play WvW but am I going to be at a huge dis advantage in anyway? I know levelling up is different enough to traditional MMO's that it doesn't feel like a quest grind but it's still nice to change it up a little and go do something completely different for an hour every now and then, especially for me with my A.D.H.D gamer habits.

Trey

Started a new character last night, kinda forgot how everything works as it's been a long time. Once I get the hang of it I will switch between my new Elementalist and my old 26 Warrior.

Is there any group stuff I can do really early on in the game? Dungeons etc? Also I know I can get boosted up to 80 if I go play WvW but am I going to be at a huge dis advantage in anyway? I know levelling up is different enough to traditional MMO's that it doesn't feel like a quest grind but it's still nice to change it up a little and go do something completely different for an hour every now and then, especially for me with my A.D.H.D gamer habits.

plenty group things you can do early level in personal story missions and world events in lower leveled zones.

The first dungeon is level 30.

WvW will push you to level 80 (which means your base states will be that of a level 80), but your equipment and traits will still be that of whichever level you are. You will be disadvantaged, but you can hide that a bit by taking advantage of being in a mass of players.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So what's the best way to gear at 80? Is the trading post exotic gear the best or is it possible to save some gold and use karma for some parts?

Retro

I'm noticing a trend where my game DC's just when Karka Queen is about to die.

I always have a soft crash (the game crashes to desktop, but I can get back into the game, but without any audio) at Tequatl, it's something in my graphics settings that bugs out because when I set them to best performance I'm fine. Try that?

So what's the best way to gear at 80? Is the trading post exotic gear the best or is it possible to save some gold and use karma for some parts?

You can go with the following;
Badges of Honor (WvW)
Reward Tracks (PVP)
Gold (Trading Post)
Karma (Orr Temples)
Crafting
Dungeon Tokens (not Fractals though)
Commendations (Guild Missions, Weapons only)
Laurels (Profession gear boxes, chance for rare or exotic though so it's a gamble).
RNG (Flush rares in the mystic forge and pray to RNGesus or hope you just get a random drop)

Best way will depend on how much of those currencies / materials you have stockpiled and how much you want to press your luck with those last two. I find the easiest tends to be Karma since you generate a lot of it for everything but rarely spend it.

I hope guild missions went smoothly. Did you guys end up karka rushing?

Save our Supplies challenge (made much easier by the presence of another guild).
Sotzz the Scallywag for bounty (found him really quick, but waited for a second guild to join us for the kill).
Proxemics Lab puzzle, nice and smooth.
Baby Bear rush, also went very nicely.

Missions were done just slightly over an hour after they started. Saturdays always feel like a mad rush, I love Sundays where things are a tad slower paced, we can take time to explain stuff... definitely a nice change of pace between the two times.

Xanathus

If you've been doing the Edge of the Mists zerg train and have a bunch of Badge of Honor saved up, you can get a great set of zerk armor from the Badge of Honor vendors in WvW.

Spyware

I was speaking of the one time chest that opens and gives you a choice of armor sets. I chose Warrior and never played it again. Yeah im a little salty lol.
Ah. That box is in every version of the game so that's why I didn't get it :) The content I listed is what you paid the higher price for.
The armor box is a one time thing but the armor skin is an account thing, as said.
The actual armor you get from the box is for a level one character and has slightly boosted stats for that level. It's basically worthless in under 15 mins ;) The heavy armor skin you picked is really great looking (in my opinion ofc) and you will have it for any heavy armor user you make on your account forever :) No need to be salty!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I always have a soft crash (the game crashes to desktop, but I can get back into the game, but without any audio) at Tequatl, it's something in my graphics settings that bugs out because when I set them to best performance I'm fine. Try that?

The error is connection related. And it's weird since I do fine with Teq.

Zeroth

im going to start selling celestial sets on the TP if thats possible.

:v do you guys think it would sell?

Celestial sets are account bound, you can't sell em. Same applies to any set that requires special recipes (like Zealot, Nomad and the condi one from SW)

Spyware

It's annoying when your fav outfit is one that looks silly to wear in warm areas... and Tyria has mostly warm areas D:
Have to level Ambre in the Shiverpeaks because she's just too adorable in the Arctic Explorer outfit <3

It's just soooooo great.

tumblr_nkvs6wYDPl1qg7wmro1_540.png

Lookit the pretty colooooooors
tumblr_nkvs6wYDPl1qg7wmro3_1280.png

Yay snow woooh!
tumblr_nkvs6wYDPl1qg7wmro2_1280.png

The detaiiiiils <3

(yes I know I'm very silly)

hythloday

I'm glad someone else sees the awesomeness of the Arctic Explorer's outfit.

I love the Arctic Explorer outfit. I wear it in any snowy zone I go to, because my usual armor set is ridiculous in the snow and poor Melisande would die of hypothermia if she tried wearing that.
But she'd leave a hot corpse.

Finally going to play the demo today (maybe). 4 hours of waiting in line are ahead of us, hellll yeeaaaa

So jealous!

Coming back to the game after a hiatus, can I grab a guild invite?

Patz.1470

Looks like someone got you, welcome back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom