• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

but I don't want SAB for the whole gap!

All the media and comments feel to me that we're getting this expac sooner than later. I expect we'll know more about the new borderlands and Guild halls by the end of this month, especially with the closed beta (with no NDA) about to start.

I think we'll have a firm release date and price announced by April.

yukinon

i had a little fun editing a couple of my screenshots :p

hope you guys like it

mount maelstrom
hKqqiOMl.jpg

fireheart rise
Bpr1VCsl.jpg

queensdale
QWvLjivl.jpg

Spyware

Finally 15k ap, only 21k to go! lol

Hellfire Mantle look pretty good, better than the Radiant ones.

Grats!
I disagree.
tumblr_n674w9msR21qg7wmro4_1280.png

...but I'm a bit tired of "fire armor" generally. Lots of people wear that type of stuff since GW2 has a couple of sets with a fire theme and it's "cool", generally with "lazy dye jobs" (abyss + wrath or something) too. I like fiery weapons but I've never liked the idea of fiery armor.
But I do like your character more than most fiery themed ones, I have to say :)

Grats!
I disagree.
tumblr_n674w9msR21qg7wmro4_1280.png

...but I'm a bit tired of "fire armor" generally. Lots of people wear that type of stuff since GW2 has a couple of sets with a fire theme and it's "cool", generally with "lazy dye jobs" (abyss + wrath or something) too. I like fiery weapons but I've never liked the idea of fiery armor.
But I do like your character more than most fiery themed ones, I have to say :)

The Radiant set looks good on your Charr, however it looks bad on my Sylvari though. I went with Radiant first because the Guardian and light theme. However, the shoulders are ridiculously large and the helmet just looks funny on her. The gloves are the only piece that look decent.

Spyware

The Radiant set looks good on your Charr, however it looks bad on my Sylvari though. I went with Radiant first because the Guardian and light theme. However, the shoulders are ridiculously large and the helmet just looks funny on her. The gloves are the only piece that look decent.
Yeah I understand :) I usually have lots of trouble finding shoulders I like on any character, especially since a pretty early patch that made all shoulders even bigger (why!?). On sylvari females I only use one body type since the other ones I like make all the shoulders too big. With the one I'm using at least some look good.
But generally i can only use a handful of all the shoulder skins without hating the look :p
For a while it felt like ALL my characters had Vigil's Honor Mantle, Sneakthief Shoulderguards or Barbaric Pauldrons, and I still use them on at least two characters each. :p

Gimmicky and unnecessary. It'll release whenever it's ready, and August is a rather long ways off. I don't see arenanet giving out all this information, look ins and beta for a release that's half a year away.

Everyone though GW2 would come out April 28th 2012 because Anniversary of GW1...that worked out well.

nataku

From a guy on reddit who went to PAX:

Each specialization will have its own week where they discuss it leading up to HoT. (Not sure if this was already confirmed anywhere or not, so it's safe to say it's going to be at least 2-3 months away, though in all likely hood significantly farther out than that.)

That's 9 weeks, minimum, just for specializations. Add another week for the Revenant, too. There is still a ton of other stuff they'll cover as well.

EDIT: I completely forgot they already did a post on Revenant, so scratch that one.

When asking for the most powerful version of stability. * Some abilities will grant as much as 5 stacks. * Rampage - Will grant up to 3 stacks on a 1 second interval over the duration. Basically making you invulnerable to CC unless they burst you with 4+ CCs before the interval pulses again.

Well, I guess that answers the questions I had about skills like Rampage back when they first announced the change.

Also means you basically can't boon strip it since the stacks will pulse back one second later. Sounds more like a buff than a nerf in cases like that.

spiritfox

Well, I guess that answers the questions I had about skills like Rampage back when they first announced the change.

Also means you basically can't boon strip it since the stacks will pulse back one second later. Sounds more like a buff than a nerf in cases like that.

How long are the stacks? Can you stack multiple stacks? That seems a bit powerful.

How long are the stacks? Can you stack multiple stacks? That seems a bit powerful.

The way they described it makes it seem like you get three stacks every second, but the three stacks have a one second duration. So every second, you get a new three stacks to replace the previous three.

And yeah, the other transformation elites are probably going to work this way (or similarly) too. Elites that actually seem elite!

Retro

That's 9 weeks, minimum, just for specializations. Add another week for the Revenant, too. There is still a ton of other stuff they'll cover as well.

I'm not sure I buy that, but it's certainly possible considering each specialization is gaining a new mechanic that will need to be explained.

Also, folks expecting August are probably closer to correct, but I think because they're at the high end of the low expectations. September or October might be more realistic, but... we'll have to see.

Zeroth

Given what I heard about a certain spec being finished (and I'm not sure if it's just the concept) just last week, I'm not sure if we'll see a release so soon.

Retro

Given what I heard about a certain spec being finished (and I'm not sure if it's just the concept) just last week, I'm not sure if we'll see a release so soon.

I think we heard the same thing, that's why I expect it later too. They're not as far along as people think if that's the case.

Levyne

Banned
I heard they couldn't decide on a sufficiently lame way to give engis hammers so they had to step back and retool for dual shields instead.

Trey

I heard they couldn't decide on a sufficiently lame way to give engis hammers so they had to step back and retool for dual shields instead.

The bunker meta's final form.

All this time I wondered where the elementalist's dance from GW1 came from.

iiP3gVzq4OKmm.gif

Zeroth

So I logged on first time since release, I'm at level cap... but shit has changed a lot. What should I do?

Step 1: Join the guild (you were certainly kicked due to our regular cullings), just give us your character or account name and we will work on that :)

Step 2: Ask in guild chat

Step 3: Realize that as soon you get exotic gear, you will be set for life in the game, gear-wise

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So WvW huh? I've read about it, watched videos and I still have no fucking idea what to do, I just run around aimlessly, get frustrated and log off. It was something I thought would be awesome but it's just so overwhelming. I thought I'd be able to see my team and group up but you can't see anyone but the commander unless you're really close to them. How am I supposed to get into this as a new player? Any advice?

Wallach

So I guess the Stability changes are coming in tomorrow's patch, according to that Reddit thread. Should be interesting to play around with it. I'm all for buffing Rampage, that is still my favorite skill in this game (aside from the story mission where you become Balthazar's avatar, that shit is ballerrrrrrrr)

Ludovico

So WvW huh? I've read about it, watched videos and I still have no fucking idea what to do, I just run around aimlessly, get frustrated and log off. It was something I thought would be awesome but it's just so overwhelming. I thought I'd be able to see my team and group up but you can't see anyone but the commander unless you're really close to them. How am I supposed to get into this as a new player? Any advice?

Enter borderlands, ask "where's the zerg? / where are we?", group up with whichever commander is currently leading the charge.

Basically, in the beginning, you can contribute by:
1 - making sure you have supply on hand - you get these from camps, hit 'f' at the barrels and make sure you're at max (10). Whenever your zerg goes to take down a wall or door, the big guys will throw down the plans, you just use your supply to build the ram/cata/etc...
2 - Sticking close in teamfights - when you do run across another horde, for now it's best to just stick to the commander. Do your part by buffing your comrades, rezzing, concentrating attacks with others.
3 - Take territory! It's a mad dash, but if you have a decent sized group and capable commander, you'll roll from one area to the next. Destroy outer defenses, sprint to the center, kill the NPC lord/boss, claim that objective.

You'll learn priorities and locations as you go, but for now - find out where the group is, join the group, keep up with the group.

Best of luck :)

Have supply. Use supply. Go to commander tags like iron shavings to a magnet. EZPZ.

Ferrio

Banned
Step 1: Join the guild (you were certainly kicked due to our regular cullings), just give us your character or account name and we will work on that :)

Step 2: Ask in guild chat

Step 3: Realize that as soon you get exotic gear, you will be set for life in the game, gear-wise

Name is Ferrio.5470

I didn't do like a single end game dungeon, not even sure what I'm wearing is good. What is exotic gear?

Retro

Huh, that's a shame. Hopefully they get it all sorted out.

I didn't do like a single end game dungeon, not even sure what I'm wearing is good. What is exotic gear?

It's one of the qualities of gear; Junk (grey), Basic (white), Fine (blue), Masterwork (green), Rare (yellow), Exotic (orange), Ascended (pink) and Legendary (Purple).

Ascended gear is technically the best, but since it's such a small stat increase over Exotic (<5%) and time gated, Exotics are what most people are wearing at 80.

Ferrio

Banned
Huh, that's a shame. Hopefully they get it all sorted out.

It's one of the qualities of gear; Junk (grey), Basic (white), Fine (blue), Masterwork (green), Rare (yellow), Exotic (orange), Ascended (pink) and Legendary (Purple).

Ascended gear is technically the best, but since it's such a small stat increase over Exotic (<5%) and time gated, Exotics are what most people are wearing at 80.

Oh okay I know what you mean, just been so long I forgot the name for that.

OrigiNull

Is there any way to reroll the stats on an ascended item? I got Claymore of the Sunless from a loot box but its got the wrong stat set.... :(

Zeroth

Is there any way to reroll the stats on an ascended item? I got Claymore of the Sunless from a loot box but its got the wrong stat set.... :(

There is not, but if it's any consolation, all Sunless items have the same stats (Rabid IIRC), so you wouldn't be able to reroll it

Name is Ferrio.5470

Invited ya to the guild. Press "G" in-game, click on "Accept" then "Represent".

Excited for specilizations but knowing they will require 1 week each means game is far from releasing. Especially since the only thing being shown at rezzed is the new WvW map.

Jira

I did, shit is overwhelming though. Might wanna wait till expansion when everything resets?

Heh there's no such thing as a reset with HoT. There's no start over, just more to do. Nothing you have done or ever will do in GW2 will be invalidated by an expansion now or in the future.

Heh there's no such thing as a reset with HoT. There's no start over, just more to do. Nothing you have done or ever will do in GW2 will be invalidated by an expansion now or in the future.

Which is the single best thing about both this game and its predecessor. The focus on gameplay over raw progression is brilliant, even if it costs it some concurrent players.

Levyne

Banned
That reminds me, I forget if this really needed to be confirmed or anything, probably not, but you will be able to tome up the revenant to 80. I need about 30 more I think.

Jira

Which is the single best thing about both this game and its predecessor. The focus on gameplay over raw progression is brilliant, even if it costs it some concurrent players.

Undoubtedly, the idea of content invalidation in MMOs just baffles me. It flat out doesn't make sense to work on content for months/years and then it be worthless once you release more. Imagine if over time your favorite FPS maps were taken out of the game you played and replaced with whatever was new. That's how nearly every MMO handles content.

Zeroth

what are the most effective way to get tomes? I've gotten them from sPvP and personal story, but these are new to me.

PvP is where I get most of mine, although the login rewards for a month give in total 10 tomes per month.

Speaking of PvP, today I got the Champion Paragon title on my main character. Feels good to unlock these titles because I consider them the highest title each class can get, and they really show one's dedication. Now I'm excited to get more of em in my other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom