• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone mark where I get up to this point? I just can't find it, I have gone around that whole hillside 3 times trying to find a way up but I just can't, I've 100% cleared the map but it's bugging me there's an undiscovered area.

xFAicev.jpg

I'm going to go make some food so hopefully one of you boys can help me in the meantime.

Jira

Can someone mark where I get up to this point? I just can't find it, I have gone around that whole hillside 3 times trying to find a way up but I just can't, I've 100% cleared the map but it's bugging me there's an undiscovered area.

I'm going to go make some food so hopefully one of you boys can help me in the meantime.

hehehehe that's an INCREDIBLY well hidden area. Even knowing what to look for it's hard to find.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I swear, Illusionary Warden is broken every few months. Last time I was maining my Mesmer last year it had just been fixed. He's back to spawning and standing there.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
hehehehe that's an INCREDIBLY well hidden area. Even knowing what to look for it's hard to find.

I spoke too soon, I still can't find it. This is my only real complaint about the game, some of the locations are just so anti-fun, why make something so ridiculous it makes the player want to log off?

EDIT: Found it, there's like a 2ft crack in the wall that's almost impossible to see.

Spyware

I spoke too soon, I still can't find it. This is my only real complaint about the game, some of the locations are just so anti-fun, why make something so ridiculous it makes the player want to log off?

EDIT: Found it, there's like a 2ft crack in the wall that's almost impossible to see.
This post is a sad reminder that the content guide is not just a positive thing. Before the content guide was added (very recently) this area was just one of those things you either stumbled upon yourself, heard about and checked out, got guided to or just didn't know existed at all (and therefore never knew you missed out on stuff). Now people see an icon and the completionist thing kicks in and makes a very cool secret into something you see as "anti-fun" :/

This makes me so sad.
And I love Anet for making these "ridiculous" hidden cool things and really hope they don't stop.

Complistic

Ugh no. Stumbling onto areas like this are amazing.

I'll give it a shot. I still haven't found a better mouse than the CM Storm overall, but I am interested to try the 4 side buttons and like the free-scroll function on other mice.

It's the 3 top buttons that make it best for GW2 - bind them to your 7 8 9 skills.

Snicky

Hey all, I am just starting in on this game and would love an invite to the guild. I don't have any friends or guild in game at the moment. I am on Stormbluff Isle and my character name is Titanic Boi.

Thanks in advance!

Zeroth

Hey all, I am just starting in on this game and would love an invite to the guild. I don't have any friends or guild in game at the moment. I am on Stormbluff Isle and my character name is Titanic Boi.

Thanks in advance!

Got ya. Next time you log in, press "G", then click on "Accept" and "Represent"

not enough steelseries mice being talked about, especially since they have a branded gw2 mouse. also that mastery layout design looks way better than the current wvw one

Morokh

It's supposed to be a hidden area with a jumping puzzle, it doesn't count towards map completion, so if you miss it there's no real consequence to it.

The whole original idea was for some of them to be tricky to find, which now is pretty much ruined by the new compass thingy.

Yesterday was fun, we did some Fractals with Minamu, we were like completely lost, but still made it through thanks to some nice strangers that knew a bit more about them.
Need to do them more often !

Minamu

Yesterday was fun, we did some Fractals with Minamu, we were like completely lost, but still made it through thanks to some nice strangers that knew a bit more about them.
Need to do them more often !
Yeah it was a lot of fun :D Lexi kept talking about it after as well and said she had a good time (map completion has been a bore the last few days for her so anything new is good). We noticed that fractals have the same problem as most dungeons though; if you have only played them through pugs, like myself, most of which are speedrunning with zero explanations, it's really hard to know how to deal with the tough situations on your own without the expertise help, because you haven't actually learned much from previous runs :/ Lexi had the same problem last night, not knowing anything at all about FotM, even that it exists, so I did as much explaining as I could in real time, step by step through each map. But we got through it eventually :D

Retro

Aphexian.1267 please

Invite sent, welcome back.

why is lump banned

His latest post was in the "Why is the Euro Crashing so hard?" thread, which seems like a fairly benign topic but his last post was edited by a moderator so.... I'm guessing a picture that was deemed inappropriate.

also what do charr plushies look like

Mrs. Retor got me one for Christmas a few years back, they're pretty cute.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh so they're old plushies. But it looks different from the Rytlock plush it seems.

Also wow, that post.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's supposed to be a hidden area with a jumping puzzle, it doesn't count towards map completion, so if you miss it there's no real consequence to it.

The whole original idea was for some of them to be tricky to find, which now is pretty much ruined by the new compass thingy

See, with the compass it's an anti fun annoyance, without it would be a cool secret to stumble across. They should just remove the super secret areas from showing up.

Thorgal

you can completely disable the compass in the options menu though.

Usually keep it off, except when I am trying to find that last poi and I am not seeing it.

Morokh

Is there a place in the immensity of the internet where I could find all the official GW2 concept-arts/artworks in decent quality by any chance ?

I'm able to find many through google, but some are resized wallpapers, and there is also a lot of fan stuff mixed-in.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
you can completely disable the compass in the options menu though.

Usually keep it off, except when I am trying to find that last poi and I am not seeing it.

I like it on, I'd just prefer it if it didn't lead me to secret areas that will drive me nuts, I just want to do everything for 100% completion and move onto the next area.

pyros

This game is filled with Millenials.

Mega Destroyer is one of the few bosses that require initiative to spawn. I have sometimes one-manned all the prerequisite events in the course of 10 mins as 40+ people chill in a volcano.

People magically appear to fight the bosses in the Silverwaste, while a few people struggle to carry the map by defending the forts for 30 to 40 minutes.

I seriously think they should change the reward structure, more work more pay

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Wiped on the cave troll boss in the first dungeon, then the level 80 sulked and left, we got in a level 33 and killed it and finished the dungeon without an issue. I wasn't sad about getting half a level off the last boss.

I like it on, I'd just prefer it if it didn't lead me to secret areas that will drive me nuts, I just want to do everything for 100% completion and move onto the next area.
Stahp. Don't play gw2 like a checklist, it will only end in tears.
Wiped on the cave troll boss in the first dungeon, then the level 80 sulked and left, we got in a level 33 and killed it and finished the dungeon without an issue. I wasn't sad about getting half a level off the last boss.
You get about half a level every time you finish a dungeon, great way to XP quick. (only once per day per path)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Stahp. Don't play gw2 like a checklist, it will only end in tears.
You get about half a level every time you finish a dungeon, great way to XP quick. (only once per day per path)

Not so much a checklist, but my goal is to 100% one zone per day until 80. I'm having lots of fun so far.

What do you mean by path? Still full n00b. I unlocked the second dungeon as well which I'll do later. Also, how much of a jump is it from story to explore? (think that's what it's called).

Overall loving the game, there's a few niggles like I don't enjoy underwater combat at all, but as a package it's a solid game I wish I'd tried sooner, it was exactly what I needed to fill the MMO void left in my heart when I quit WoW about 5 years ago. I can't wait until 80 so I can buy my gear and then start farming a cool skin (not decided on which yet, the one I really like you can't get anymore).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom