• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

PvP is where I get most of mine, although the login rewards for a month give in total 10 tomes per month.

Speaking of PvP, today I got the Champion Paragon title on my main character. Feels good to unlock these titles because I consider them the highest title each class can get, and they really show one's dedication. Now I'm excited to get more of em in my other characters.

You're my idol mate.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
This game is filled with Millenials.

Mega Destroyer is one of the few bosses that require initiative to spawn. I have sometimes one-manned all the prerequisite events in the course of 10 mins as 40+ people chill in a volcano.

leng jai

Mega Destroyer is one of the few bosses that require initiative to spawn. I have sometimes one-manned all the prerequisite events in the course of 10 mins as 40+ people chill in a volcano.

You're playing the game wrong. Also, did you do it on your Guardian?

Xanathus

Obviously you did not tell them that pre stands for precursor-giving events.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I liked how this turned out. I love backpack o tron but should I give it up for dragon wings?

gw06964uz0.jpg

Hey there,

We know that some of you are anticipating a new build for Guild Wars 2 on March 10th. We wanted to give you a heads up that the game update is coming, but it will not be going out on March 10th. At the present time, contents of the build is undergoing additional QA Testing. If we get more information about an anticipated timeframe for the build’s release we’ll try to provide that info in advance. But of course as always, we will update in the forums with detailed update notes when the build goes live.

Thanks for your patience.

QQ

Oh well, more time for Cities Skylines!

Reese-015

I've recently started playing more Guild Wars 2 again and I bumped into a YouTube channel that made it tons more compelling to me. I love GW2 but the one thing that always sorta bothered me was that I felt its lore was very thin. Apparently this is not the case and this guy makes excellent videos on many aspects of the game, including all sorts of interesting lore stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/WoodenPotatoes/videos

Ploid 3.0

I've recently started playing more Guild Wars 2 again and I bumped into a YouTube channel that made it tons more compelling to me. I love GW2 but the one thing that always sorta bothered me was that I felt its lore was very thin. Apparently this is not the case and this guy makes excellent videos on many aspects of the game, including all sorts of interesting lore stuff: https://www.youtube.com/user/WoodenPotatoes/videos

Yeah WoodenPotatoes is awesome. He really knows his GW2 stuff.

Ploid 3.0

I saw a guy streaming this game a few days ago, and people kept giving him gold and nice things. He ended up with enough gold to buy a legendary of his choice. He threw away so many of the gifts and the stream was getting angry watching those things get vendored.

That power must be nice.

spiritfox

I saw a guy streaming this game a few days ago, and people kept giving him gold and nice things. He ended up with enough gold to buy a legendary of his choice. He threw away so many of the gifts and the stream was getting angry watching those things get vendored.

That power must be nice.

Time to start streaming.

Zeroth

That power must be nice.

Sodappopin is a pretty famous streamer, he has a huge fanbase. Also lol @ people who gave him things and got them vendored

Morokh

That power must be nice.

I watched Mufasaprime last week-end as he finished leveling, and it was very fun, because he really enjoyed every aspect of the leveling process and the world (and well .... he seems to be a real nice guy, not like some others ......) but as soon as he reached 80 and wanted to do some dungeons everyone kept sending him gear and expensive skins/weapons.

It was fun to watch as he seemed genuinely happy and excited but at the same time it was really worrying as they just started ruining part of his endgame should he want to stick with the game (-_-)ゞ゛

Levyne

Banned
What's with people always voting for Courtyard? Deathmatch is simply awful in this game.

I feel like courtyard is easier to cheese with certain comps. More than a handful of times I've seen a prebuilt team with 2/3 engis camp the middle. Fun when you still beat them anyway, but annoying as hell. The only other map I see picked more often by particular pre-builts is Spirit Watch, where they have designated orb runners, usually warriors.

Levyne

Banned
Courtyard matches can be fun and the goofy point swings due to rallies can be fun (or not fun depending on your side) but I do groan whenever it is picked, especially if it's due to a rogue single vote.

Khilandros

May I please get an invite into the guild, I'm fairly new to the game and so far having a lot of fun on my Ele.

My name is Gabe.1368

I don't sPvP because it's fuckin King of the Hill, if i want to play KoH i play Halo, I miss random arenas just straight player vs player no objective in the way, for crying out loud i find more player vs player roaming in WvW than i do in sPvP, HoT needs to bring back RA...

Shanlei91

I don't sPvP because it's fuckin King of the Hill, if i want to play KoH i play Halo, I miss random arenas just straight player vs player no objective in the way, for crying out loud i find more player vs player roaming in WvW than i do in sPvP, HoT needs to bring back RA...

RA was the best. The lack of respawn meant people who ran in wildly were punished. It required actual tactics like separating a team, etc. I never finished any of the campaigns until GW2 was announced because I played mostly in RA. So good.

Classes in GW1 were balanced around it, but half of them in GW2 are meant to defend and hold points.

So you can stack in PvP, right? Anyone want to group up and play a few? I understand the basics but I need a sensei.
Classes in GW1 were balanced around it, but half of them in GW2 are meant to defend and hold points.
tbf, it's not like this is a huge component in the base design. "meant to defend and hold points" = tanky as fuck with some sort of control. Prot warriors in WoW did similar, but their pvp wasn't all about that KoH life.

**btw, to reiterate me=yoggs.

I finally have a minute to upload pictures from PAX ^^

PAAAAAAAAX!

This was my first PAX ever. I was really surprised at how big the expo hall was. Basically every booth was giving out free stuff. I can only imagine how huge Prime must be.

Some shots of the ANet booth. They had about 22 demo computers. 10 were for PvP (Stronghold) and the other 12 were for PvE. Unsurprisingly the PvE line was about a 4x wait as the PvP line, partially because the PvE demo was 45 minutes long vs however long a PvP match takes. The booth was busy all weekend and there was always a multiple hour wait for either line. They had a little stage to the side where they would occasionally do giveaways and trivia for the people waiting in line. They gave away little stuff like HoT pins and charr plushies, and big-ish stuff like gaming mice and statues depending on how hard the questions were :p. Everyone that played the demo got a free HoT shirt at the end. I think I ended up getting about 3 of them over the 3 days, one of them is signed by Colin weeee.

We got invited to a Guild Wars 2 invite-only party on Friday evening. It was a little thing at a bar nearby, small enough to be cozy but big enough that there were a good number of people there. They invited streamers and some of the bigger guilds (including GAF!). They also gave out party invites to most of the people who played the demo on Friday, as well as anyone who participated in trivia I think. I met up with Levyne, Arken, Miktar, and Miktar's friend and we had a great time. We got to hang out with the devs for a few hours. When I so much as mentioned the GAF guild the ANet people would light up :p. It's pretty cool to be a part of a well-respected guild.

Some shots of the demo. Levyne, Quenk and I dedicated our whole day to waiting in line to finally play the demo on Sunday, we literally waited for 4 hours. There wasn't anything else I wanted to do that day and it was good company for those 4 hours, so I think it was worth it. We beat the wyvern boss twice during the demo, it wasn't too hard. We talked to Colin and Rubi while we were in line and apparently they scaled down the difficulty for the demo since there were some people coming in that had never even played GW2 before. There were two of those question mark thingies, we got 25 of one type and like 5 or 10 of the other type, I don't recall. Not sure what they are yet exactly but I'm thinking they're gonna be region-specific currency like bandit crests or geodes. I could be wrong.

Shanlei91

Ugh, hate that I couldn't get tickets to Pax. Also hate that I didn't realize how cheap scalped tickets were until a few days prior.

The G600 is, too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0086UK7IQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I have the normal G700, but this is my second one. The first one had the G10 button break and only worked half the time (had the Mesmer blink on that one). Now my right click is acting up. It randomly doesn't register a press.

I've called up Logitech and they've outright replaced my one and only faulty mouse from them. I just read off the serial number and they just simply sent me a new one. It was great.

Levyne

Banned
Hey, that's my mouse. Only weird issue I used to have was that something about the software used to make my computer think that alt was being pressed, but seems to be gone now.

Also took some pax pictures:

Line at the pax booth. Loong.

Booth itself. About every other computer was duped unto a larger tv, so I played Ranger so that it looked like I knew what I was doing.

The ESL arena the tourney was at.

The Friday night party thingy.

Colin making me look really ugly standing next to his good looks :p

Edit: he also signed my shirt

Quenk

There were two of those question mark thingies, we got 25 of one type and like 5 or 10 of the other type, I don't recall. Not sure what they are yet exactly but I'm thinking they're gonna be region-specific currency like bandit crests or geodes. I could be wrong.

I believe it was 25 fine and 5 masterwork. I think region-specific currency makes sense. Maybe it could even be like the Silky Sand for one and then the actual currency for the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom