• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

For the record. I meant 9 am Edt is afternoon for me.

Also I am only lvl 10 but I got 10 are. So I can do up to 19 I believe. After a few runs I'll likely have enough mats to infuse stuff and go higher.

Instead, he came off as disgusting during that event, so it just kind of sucked.

I'm not convinced he shut down the asura gate from the other side.

WoW Would've said "oh there's an election, here's the winner, it doesn't really matter but it's there".

Actually, in WoW it was a year of lead-in plot to the Horde leader change (but slooow, since patches were months apart), then the big shake-up (and then again later after Pandas but I wasn't there for that), so all in all, WoW did the same thing, without user engagement other than finishing quests to get a shiny, in triple or quadruple the time the election took in GW2.

I don't know which way is better, to be honest, but I did like the "politics" angle and the roping of players into doing things to gain votes. Anet claims the outcome wasn't predetermined, but I'm skeptical.

I'm not convinced he shut down the asura gate from the other side.

Actually, in WoW it was a year of lead-in plot to the Horde leader change (but slooow, since patches were months apart), then the big shake-up (and then again later after Pandas but I wasn't there for that), so all in all, WoW did the same thing, without user engagement other than finishing quests to get a shiny, in triple or quadruple the time the election took in GW2.

I don't know which way is better, to be honest, but I did like the "politics" angle and the roping of players into doing things to gain votes. Anet claims the outcome wasn't predetermined, but I'm skeptical.
I meant if wow were to have a player run election like that. I agree wow has some very intricate and complex lore, but general where the gameplay experience lies, so too does a more simplistic narrative.

nataku

Pretty sure a lot of this last update was setting up the beta client, wouldn't be surprised if next week they start sending invites out to a wider audience. Probably too early for news on specialization, maybe, but who knows? That and guild halls are really the last "big ticket" features left, right?

Still gotta go over each specialization.

Virdix

When is a good time to try and have the guild teach me how to dungeon? On Saturday before/after guild missions? Hit 80 a couple days ago just been farming world bosses and stuff. Have full exotic armor and some accessories, just a rare greatsword though.

Ashodin

If they start on specializations, druid is first. Then mesmer or engineer, then the other. Then ???? So like three weeks for any solid new information.

When is a good time to try and have the guild teach me how to dungeon? On Saturday before/after guild missions? Hit 80 a couple days ago just been farming world bosses and stuff. Have full exotic armor and some accessories, just a rare greatsword though.

Pinging Zeroth and friends! Dungeon teaching team ASSEMBLE

Whenever people are on is a good time tbh. People ask for dungeons all the time in guild chat, just say you want to go but will need guidance. After work hours EST (6pm - midnightish) is prime time, although a lot of people will wait until after reset/teq to do anything. I am unfortunately busy for Friday and Saturday evening this weekend but if nobody scoops you up before Sunday I can assemble a team and teach you some stuff =)

jS1qdO9.jpg

[Once this next test season has concluded, you’ll be able to approach Zommoros, carefully place a few Mini Llamas together in a scientific (and hopefully humane) fashion, and combine them to create the ultimate form of cuteness and fuzziness.

Apart from the Llama I already have bound to my account, I have two extra - one from a Twitch contest and one as an accident sent from Anet (or maybe another contest I forgot about).

hqdefault.jpg

It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.

Lunar15

It is an mmo, the priority is to simply explain why you fight xxxx.

Isn't that most games? The priority of writing is always simple, it's the execution that matters.

The writing isn't all bad, I like the lore of the world. But moment to moment character writing is usually on the bad side of cheesy.

Minamu

Is there any lore that explains how we can repeat history by entering a dungeon more than once? Fractals kinda make some time travelling sense, but AC etc?

Virdix

Pinging Zeroth and friends! Dungeon teaching team ASSEMBLE

Whenever people are on is a good time tbh. People ask for dungeons all the time in guild chat, just say you want to go but will need guidance. After work hours EST (6pm - midnightish) is prime time, although a lot of people will wait until after reset/teq to do anything. I am unfortunately busy for Friday and Saturday evening this weekend but if nobody scoops you up before Sunday I can assemble a team and teach you some stuff =)

That would be awesome, I'll keep a lookout on guild chat, thanks toasty.

Also update Got an ascended Celestial weapon from Teq today :D

Lunar15

Is there any lore that explains how we can repeat history by entering a dungeon more than once? Fractals kinda make some time travelling sense, but AC etc?

Nope. But this doesn't bother me.

However... I think future MMO's would benefit greatly out of rogue-like dungeon design here and there.

Retro

New Build:
  • Fixed a client crash.
  • Fixed an issue that caused player voice to play on the incorrect character.
  • Increased the performance of the camera’s collision sensitivity.
  • Updated condition damage. Previously, a condition that had a fractional remainder of time after it dealt damage would not inflict the rest of its damage. For example, a 1.5-second burn would deal 1 second of burning damage, then fail to inflict the remaining 0.5 seconds of burning. Conditions will now deal this fractional damage either at the beginning or end of their duration, depending on when the next damage pulse would occur and their remaining duration.

No more voices in my head, yay. Also, there was just a post on Reddit about the burn damage thing a few hours ago, so I'm glad the turnaround on that was quick.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Since the 16th I've been crashing, DC'ing and getting loads of not responding freezes so I hope this patch helps.

It's funny, they clearly don't test their patches properly but they fix bugs very quickly, it's like two different companies.

Ashodin

New Build:

No more voices in my head, yay. Also, there was just a post on Reddit about the burn damage thing a few hours ago, so I'm glad the turnaround on that was quick.

yeah they take damage being nerfed unintentionally very seriously. So it's not surprising they fixed it quite quick.

It's funny, they clearly don't test their patches properly but they fix bugs very quickly, it's like two different companies.

No amount of testing is ever sufficient for a live rollout. The number differential between in-house test, and millions of players all connecting at the same time? It's too big, unless they held a closed beta for the patch (which would take even longer).

I don't mind a patch having bugs. I do mind critical issues not being fixed quickly. So far, I don't think ArenaNet has been shown lacking in the latter there.

Retro

This is how the golem uprising begins!

It has come to our attention that there exists a way to duplicate Golems in WvW. The team is currently working on a fix. Until that fix is ready, we are turning off the ability to use Golem blueprints. Because there currently exists a number of duplicated Golems, Golem skills are also being disabled.

Please note that enabling a Guild Golem will consume the upgrade, but you won’t be able to use.

Thank you for your patience as we work to address this issue. (source)

Talents

Banned
What's the best stats to have on Elementalists? My Elementalist is currently level 51 and I'm wondering what the best stats for them are. I've always just used straight Power/Vitality gear with no other stat on them. Is this a bad route and should I be using other stats, e.g. toughness, precision, ferocity?

Complistic

What's the best stats to have on Elementalists? My Elementalist is currently level 51 and I'm wondering what the best stats for them are. I've always just used straight Power/Vitality gear with no other stat on them. Is this a bad route and should I be using other stats, e.g. toughness, precision, ferocity?

I like celestial for my d/d but you gotta be level 80 for that. For leveling just go with soldier stats.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sometimes, because of the RNG involved in promotion. Depends on the prices of the mats. This spreadsheet updates with trading post info from Spidy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...r=false&gid=12 Anything that is Average or Low risk is worth trying. Otherwise sell the lower tier mats and simply buy the higher tier ones, it'll save you money on average.

Yeah I did it to T1 -> T2.

With that said I noticed that I got a lot more T2s than when I promoted T5 to T6.

Zeroth

Yeah I did it to T1 -> T2.

With that said I noticed that I got a lot more T2s than when I promoted T5 to T6.

It's worth noting that although lower level promotions are safer and wield a good rate of gold per skill point, they are also much more diluted than higher level promotions, which means you'll forge and sell much more mats to meet the gold average per skill point.

Fractals used to be more exciting.

Now it is Cliffside every single night.

I really think it should be moved to tier 3, with maybe dredge moved to tier 2 or 3.

That said, I'm noticing some real improvement in our cliffside runs (and it's only a matter of time before we consistently destroy the second hand seal before the first.

P.S.: If we have any lurkers that can't post who would like to do GAFractals, just send an in-game mail at Zeroth Breaker.

Boss Doggie

It's worth noting that although lower level promotions are safer and wield a good rate of gold per skill point, they are also much more diluted than higher level promotions, which means you'll forge and sell much more mats to meet the gold average per skill point.

Well, it's less about profit and more for tier 2 mats to craft ascended mats.

Jira

Since the 16th I've been crashing, DC'ing and getting loads of not responding freezes so I hope this patch helps.

I can assure you that this isn't normal for them. This was hands down the buggiest update they have ever released in over 2 years. There seems to be a lot of stuff coming down from the HoT client into live and they're kinda doing live testing of it now so that way when HoT beta opens, it goes smoothly when everyone's eyes are on GW2.

pyros

Almost 2 years of playing this game and I never knew you could highlight all the unvisited point in a map by just going over their legends with you cursor, was this always there?

tiijj

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can assure you that this isn't normal for them. This was hands down the buggiest update they have ever released in over 2 years. There seems to be a lot of stuff coming down from the HoT client into live and they're kinda doing live testing of it now so that way when HoT beta opens, it goes smoothly when everyone's eyes are on GW2.

That's good to hear, I was really enjoying the game until the patch but since I've yelled "Oh for fuck sake" more than I'd like to due to crashing on bosses and in sPVP. It wouldn't be so bad but you get placed into a different map and lose the boss kill and you don't get credit in PvP when you rejoin.

Since the update guild chat does not work for me. Every time I try to post I get a "You are not a member of a guild." I checked the guild, I'm representing on all three characters. Any work arounds?

Thorgal

Since the update guild chat does not work for me. Every time I try to post I get a "You are not a member of a guild." I checked the guild, I'm representing on all three characters. Any work arounds?
you can fix it by going to the LFG page ingame and set yourself to offline and then back to online .

That should fix it .

Boss Doggie

Wow, I thought they patched it out.

Also kinda sucks for Engies not getting weapon mastery due to their reliance on tool kits.

Tech-Wolf

Wow, I thought they patched it out.

Also kinda sucks for Engies not getting weapon mastery due to their reliance on tool kits.

It may be slightly harder due to kit but it is still quite doable,anyway you should swap kit often to get the most of everything just don't forget to unequip the kit at 20% of your foes health, pistol and riffle are fine, but like every other offhand weapon only shield is a pain.

Note that the first weapon mastery achievement I obtained was pistol on my engi

No one reads the message of the day in the guild pane anymore, ablooblooblooo

I only read it on Saturdays to make sure fever is happening. Speaking of, I have a new rig with a working mic so I could start talking on Mumble. I'm an introvert so I probably won't but, at least the possibility exists now anyways.

Talents

Banned
What is the best weapon combo for elementalist in dungeons? Me and a few friends are trying to do dungeons however I always get killed fairly quickly and I feel like this is because I'm required to go close to the mobs to do damage (I used DD).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom