• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

Thank you. That site is very helpful. I think my problem is that the groups I run with are disorganised as all hell.

If you are not in the GAF guild already, I recommend joining us. We often do dungeon runs which are pretty casual but still get the job done, sometimes more efficiently than "pro" LFG groups.

Retro

Does GAF have a EU guild?

Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: Before launch we were using the Beta Weekend events to test the latency for EU players rolling on NA servers since having everyone in one place would be ideal. Two random GAFers decided to rush things and form a splinter EU group, creating a lot of confusion until we brought them "under the umbrella", so to speak for everyone's convenience. They made a big fuss about having their own EU guild and then promptly disappeared about a month after launch like we expected, leaving a ton of EU GAFers stranded on a server with no one to play with in a guild no one could manage. We've been taking up collections to help pay for EU players to transfer ever since and, surprise, latency has rarely been an issue for anyone of them.

If you'd like help transferring over to SBI (or any NA server, really), let us know and we'll put you in the lottery queue.

Tech-Wolf

If you're interested, why not run the third team? You can always message anyone from the current two teams for advice. There's just one caveat. Might want to consider the 'peak teams' for the people you're considering (or who ask to join). You want to find at least two hours where you can all be on.

I guess this is exactly what I'm gonna do.

So who else is interested in a C team for fractal who play around 9am to noon EDT and 8:30pm to 11pm EDT?

I know Trey is interested in it and I also heard Thorg is, Kos is busy being Colin which leave him no time for it. I also have a friend who's stuck for fractal but isn't part of gaf, he's been in a lots of guild run dungeon though, so I dunno if it matter.

So for an official, non-official, sub-official, and totally confirmed member for 2020 gaf fractal C team:
- Tech-Wolf
-
-
-
-

PS: happy birthday to you Thorg

leng jai

When are they going to fix this guild chat bug? It can't be that hard. It's ridiculously annoying if you play several characters.

Wanderer5

Lol wow, all the triple trouble wurms got texture-less.

KfSOFdQ.jpg

This is sure the buggiest update in a while at least, through I honestly can't remember much updates that were this bad.

Engineer.

And I'm talking about normal hits, not telegraphed attacks. Like the dungeon mobs just pewpew me to death.

Dodging is always your number 1 defense, but you also want to avoid using it if you can since you only get two, three if you trait into much faster endurance regeneration, or use skills that give regen.

For Engineer:

Bomb Kit has a great Smoke bomb that blinds five enemies, and it has a Confusion bomb too so enemies that hit you, hurt themselves. Knowing where your blinds and confusion-inflicting skills are, is very useful. If you find yourself taking a lot of aggro and not surviving, you might also be running too close to the Zerk meta for your skill level. You're not level 80 yet, so I wouldn't worry about that too much though. Once you hit 80, you should be able to afford a full exotic armour set with the stats you feel comfortable with, using either karma, gold, or crafting.

Engineer doesn't have a whole lot of damage mitigation, but it's there. You can trait to have an Elixer S go off when you hit a low health threshold (with cooldown), great in PvP too. There is the Acid Bomb from the Elixer Gun, which lets you leap backwards and eject from the battle a bit. If you're using Flamethrowers, the Blast attack can push back projectiles and enemies, if they don't have Defiance. Give the Elixer X Elite a try too, now that it's been buffed a bit. It's great for tenser moments.

Beyond that, there's lots more, but I think just knowing the fights will solve most of your problems. Be patient, and you might find a lot 'clicking' later.

Lanrutcon

Dodging is always your number 1 defense, but you also want to avoid using it if you can since you only get two, three if you trait into much faster endurance regeneration, or use skills that give regen.

For Engineer:

Bomb Kit has a great Smoke bomb that blinds five enemies, and it has a Confusion bomb too so enemies that hit you, hurt themselves. Knowing where your blinds and confusion-inflicting skills are, is very useful. If you find yourself taking a lot of aggro and not surviving, you might also be running too close to the Zerk meta for your skill level. You're not level 80 yet, so I wouldn't worry about that too much though. Once you hit 80, you should be able to afford a full exotic armour set with the stats you feel comfortable with, using either karma, gold, or crafting.

Engineer doesn't have a whole lot of damage mitigation, but it's there. You can trait to have an Elixer S go off when you hit a low health threshold (with cooldown), great in PvP too. There is the Acid Bomb from the Elixer Gun, which lets you leap backwards and eject from the battle a bit. If you're using Flamethrowers, the Blast attack can push back projectiles and enemies, if they don't have Defiance. Give the Elixer X Elite a try too, now that it's been buffed a bit. It's great for tenser moments.

Beyond that, there's lots more, but I think just knowing the fights will solve most of your problems. Be patient, and you might find a lot 'clicking' later.

So what I just tested in a bunch of dungeons is rifle, net turret and mines. That gives me 2 roots and 2 knockbacks to supplement my 2 dodges. If all 6 fail me, then I kinda deserve to die. Managed to solo some stuff in the dungeons with this setup when everyone else had died. I'm getting more comfortable weaving inbetween medium and long range as the situation demands.

And best of all, I scored a bunch of quick levels with the dungeons. Soon I will not be dressing like a hobo.

Retro

Update notes, if anyone is curious:
Bug Fixes:

• Fixed client crashes.
  • Fixed a client crash that occurred when attempting to enter the Hall of Monuments. Hall of Monuments rewards are temporarily disabled.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Guild Wars 2 Launcher to freeze.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the textures on the Great Jungle Wurm to display incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from purchasing trait guides from profession trainers.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Unfortunate Adventurer’s harpoon gun from damaging the Great Jungle Wurm’s pyloric valve in the Triple Trouble meta-event.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the mesmer’s Blink skill from functioning correctly when traited with Master of Manipulation.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the necromancer to enter a downed state instead of death shroud when traited with Unholy Sanctuary.

Nothing on the guild issue, nothing on the weird sound effects bug. This was the first time they've ever delayed an update, and the buggiest update I think they've ever done. I wonder if they rushed it out so they could start HoT Testing (since there's obviously a lot of it in this update, as per the Dataminers).

Mxrz

Debating buying the "other" shadow dyes now while the frenzy is on, or waiting to see if prices drop even lower. People done lost their damn minds, but if it means cheaper prices for me. More power to them.

swnny

As posted last page
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/essential-elements-of-the-new-borderlands/
his map will replace the map used for each of the three current Borderlands.
Even though this will initially replace the existing Borderlands, we have plans to bring back the classic alpine Borderlands. More information on that will come in the future.

It rises a question, how will Anet split the community? How players without the expansion will play WvW?
Same goes for PvP's mode Stronghold.
Any info on these?

Morokh

As posted last page
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/essential-elements-of-the-new-borderlands/

It rises a question, how will Anet split the community? How players without the expansion will play WvW?
Same goes for PvP's mode Stronghold.
Any info on these?

The new WwW map will likely be accessible wether you own the expansion or not, just imagine the population problems the first months after launch ..... that would just be silly.

Same for stronghold if they still decide to put it in the same queue as every conquest map, queues would be a mess otherwise.

If they split it, we'll have to see, but I really doubt they will, even after player feedback from the Beta, and even then, it's incentive enough to bring some PvP'ers back to the game so they might as well give acess to that to everyone.

Do we have guild chat again after the patch ? Yesterday was creepy without it .... xD

Anet's plan is to have Stronghold in the same queue as Conquest, and that translates 100% to non-HoT buyers being able to access the Stronghold map. Though I bet non-HoT players won't be able to make the Revenant until they buy the expansion.

The new WvW map isn't a new bonus map that's on top of existing WvW maps, it's outright replacing the Borderlands maps - this means it absolutely has to be available to non-HoT buyers, or a significant portion of the WvW playerbase cannot play anymore.

Anet's plan is to have Stronghold in the same queue as Conquest, and that translates 100% to non-HoT buyers being able to access the Stronghold map. Though I bet non-HoT players won't be able to make the Revenant until they buy the expansion.

The new WvW map isn't a new bonus map that's on top of existing WvW maps, it's outright replacing the Borderlands maps - this means it absolutely has to be available to non-HoT buyers, or a significant portion of the WvW playerbase cannot play anymore.

Yep, HoT players probably also won't be able to give their profession specializations or get the mastery points located in Maguuma.

Www and stronghold are free updates without the need for the expansion.

Everything else is locked behind a paywall you ,might mastery points but you cannot use them at all.

tiijj

Are you guys still doing dungeons and fractals regularly?

It seems like hot will be coming soon, I guess I need to earn and save up coz lately I've just been AFKing somewhere, usually at sparkfly waiting for teq (although, I sometimes get disconnected due to inactivity or teq is done when I come back).

Is there something I have to do, besides the obvious checkbox, to make the startup dialog remember my password? I've been hoping an update would fix it but, it's been months like this now so maybe I'm missing something.

Is there something I have to do, besides the obvious checkbox, to make the startup dialog remember my password? I've been hoping an update would fix it but, it's been months like this now so maybe I'm missing something.

You could use command-line switches to bypass entering the username (and/or password).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments#-nopatchui

But, it's not recommended, as it is very unsecure.

Are you guys still doing dungeons and fractals regularly?

This might be of interest to you: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156339931&postcount=2410

tiijj

I guess this is exactly what I'm gonna do.

So who else is interested in a C team for fractal who play around 9am to noon EDT and 8:30pm to 11pm EDT?

I know Trey is interested in it and I also heard Thorg is, Kos is busy being Colin which leave him no time for it. I also have a friend who's stuck for fractal but isn't part of gaf, he's been in a lots of guild run dungeon though, so I dunno if it matter.

So for an official, non-official, sub-official, and totally confirmed member for 2020 gaf fractal C team:
- Tech-Wolf
-
-
-
-

PS: happy birthday to you Thorg

I'm interested but I don't have a set time available, it changes.

Try adding "-autologin" to the command line, under the Properties window when you right-click a desktop shortcut.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really hate what the game did to Evon Gnashblade. I guess the devs/story writers wanted the Kiel win to be "justified" so they adjusted Gnashblade's character.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't see that? Gnashblade is still 100% as he was when he was first introduced. And I voted for him! :p

coercing a character forcefully doesn't feel so in-character in him, as he strikes me more as only cunning as a businessman but not as a twirly mustache villain

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Been DC'd multiple times today and it has cost me world bosses, anyone else having trouble on EU?

EDIT: And I'm getting "serious error" that kicks me to desktop.

Been DC'd multiple times today and it has cost me world bosses, anyone else having trouble on EU?

EDIT: And I'm getting "serious error" that kicks me to desktop.

Hmmm, that happened to be about a year ago and I had to reinstall everything. Something got corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom