• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanrutcon

Greatsword Ranger is going well. It's muuuuch simpler and efficient than the Engi. Only thing I miss is my toolbelt grenades. Felt like Batman every time I hurled that shit into a crowd. If normal grenades were that cool I think I'd enjoy my Engineer as a whole.

Retro

What is the best weapon combo for elementalist in dungeons? Me and a few friends are trying to do dungeons however I always get killed fairly quickly and I feel like this is because I'm required to go close to the mobs to do damage (I used DD).

I don't play my Ele a whole lot, so get your bucket of salt ready, but... I'd go staff. D/D is fun (and Scepter / Dagger is a hoot too), but for dungeons I drop back to staff.

I should do more dungeons on my ele.

Greatsword Ranger is going well. It's muuuuch simpler and efficient than the Engi. Only thing I miss is my toolbelt grenades. Felt like Batman every time I hurled that shit into a crowd. If normal grenades were that cool I think I'd enjoy my Engineer as a whole.

I can't stand Grenade Kit for too long without my wrist hurting.

Minamu

What is the best weapon combo for elementalist in dungeons? Me and a few friends are trying to do dungeons however I always get killed fairly quickly and I feel like this is because I'm required to go close to the mobs to do damage (I used DD).
I haven't tried my Ele in a dungeon yet but I hated my D/D before I watched a video on how to play it properly and with what tools. Getting the right traits and equipment made a huge difference and I really enjoy it in PvE now. D/D is usually a very recommended weapon set. Before I got my proper gear and setup, I literally died in under 2 seconds in a team fight in WvW xD

I use D/D almost all the time, but if you feel like you're too squishy, I recommend focus to help with defensive abilities. Staff or scepter if you want to just avoid melee.

Levyne

Banned
Been stretching out the elementalist semi recently. I also like D/D but I do have some celestial stuff from lucky ascended drops that help me stay upright without a ton of experience.

Greatsword ranger is pretty fun and straightforward, but I'm using Sword/Axe whenever I can now to be a good little dungeoner. There are some fights where greatsword is flat out preferable, though. The wurms at the beginning of TA, so that you can freely avoid spit, the butcher, so that you don't get animation locked into his rooted reflect, the arah 2 inquest abom thing so that you can attack as you walk through him to the back, Lupi, so that you can a block and have the best chance to dodge, etc. Also great for any running section. I love being able to swoop right on top of an enemy blob+field for a heal, aura, or CHAOS ARMOR. Leap finishers underrated. Sword has a leap too but just comparatively obnoxious.

Ashodin

Rostad is loving Sword/Dagger at the moment. The fluid yet sometimes janky feel of animation-based combat is intriguing, it's like trying to control a bucking bronco, so it's satisfying when you move the way you want to.

Ranger is the most broken class in this game, sent many bug reports, nothing has been done in months, this only happens with Longbow/short, many times my skills do not register damage onscreen or to the mob, it's as though the arrows fucking disappear, just now i literally said fuck this game after no damage for 10 secs, Rapid Fire and Barrage did nothing...

OpRmLXU.jpg

Awwww yessss

Retro

They're not all going out at once. I've talked to a couple people who didn't get one and they received theirs shortly after. Might be a staggered thing.

Remfin

Well, it's not a Heart of Thorns beta, but the authenticated API stuff is finally going live. Maybe I'll be bugging some people tomorrow for a little help :)

Spyware

Awwww yessss
After seeing this I glanced at the list in Thunderbird, and I looked to the bottom where I used to have my GW2 mail. Saw no new messages and got really sad for a second. Moved my gaze upwards in the list, realised that the new mail indicator up there was actually for the GW2 mail that I moved to the top last time I reinstalled :D

Ranger is the most broken class in this game, sent many bug reports, nothing has been done in months, this only happens with Longbow/short, many times my skills do not register damage onscreen or to the mob, it's as though the arrows fucking disappear, just now i literally said fuck this game after no damage for 10 secs, Rapid Fire and Barrage did nothing...
This sounds veeeery strange and it's nothing I've ever encountered. I've just played a ranger for most of yesterday and today, mapping in Orr among other things and having no trouble at all using shortbow. I also recently leveled a longbow one without any trouble. :S

Had an excellent gaf fractal run tonight with some new people, and I think everyone did great. Level 50 fractals aren't *that* hard (since you skip underwater if it rolls anyway), but it's always great to experience high-level content with people that enjoying doing it. Not everyone's bag of tea, especially due to how long it can take. But we were done in like, an hour and change, I thought.

Xanathus

Found a PVP reward track bug. I picked Silverwastes reward track but it's automatically switching me to Crucible of Eternity when I close and reopen the track window, and any of my rewards automatically go to Crucible as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No invite here either. Maybe you have to do something special.

It may be slightly harder due to kit but it is still quite doable,anyway you should swap kit often to get the most of everything just don't forget to unequip the kit at 20% of your foes health, pistol and riffle are fine, but like every other offhand weapon only shield is a pain.

Note that the first weapon mastery achievement I obtained was pistol on my engi

Ooo I'll try that

TheTrain

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, i'm unable to run sweetfx/gemfx. I've already installed that on the bin folder, this is driving me crazy

Thorgal

yay, with no luck :(

try this :

Instead of replacing the file ,copy the numbers from the preset you want , put the original preset file that GEMFX came with back and paste the numbers in there .

I also had this problem . GEMFX does not seem to detect any other file then the original one That was included with the download .

Levyne

Banned
For sweetfx, put the dll files dxgi and d3d9 into the bin folder and well as the injector configuration file, the rest in the same location as the .exe.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it was fixed in one of the patches ( second one after the one update for the camera .

EDIT : so yes it will still work .
oh awesome! thanks
Yayy!!! I'll be in on the closed beta as well! I'm sosited and can't wait!!!!
congrats! Looks like I'm not in but that's a good thing cause i'm in vegas for work all week and wouldn't get to play anyway. I hope you guys can take screenies :)

I want a party of five Warriors, rifles only, to use the "Guilds of War" third-person camera and run through some dungeons with me. Auto-targeting off, UI off, and with chat in Mumble of course. I can record it and see how interesting it ends up.

Maybe Retro will bring Dhalion out of retirement. Definitely sounds like a Moondrop thing too.

Retro

Maybe Retro will bring Dhalion out of retirement. Definitely sounds like a Moondrop thing too.

I have an Asuran Warrior at 80 too, ya know. But yeah, sounds like fun, though really any profession that can bring firearms would work (especially engineer).

I want a party of five Warriors, rifles only, to use the "Guilds of War" third-person camera and run through some dungeons with me. Auto-targeting off, UI off, and with chat in Mumble of course. I can record it and see how interesting it ends up.

Rifle stack, new-meta.

So Anerf strikes again...fucking bastards changed the Light of Dwayna recipe for Leatherworker, i got a second recipe back at Wintersday so I could use Elonian Leather Squares instead of Bolt of Damask, since i am taking a break from Legendary crafting decided to make it last night and the fucking recipe is changed, F U ANET, F U...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom