• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

I've decided to work on the AC medium armor skins and I was really upset when I realized I have to complete an entire reward track for only 1/6 of the set

Soo I calculated dungeon tokens.

a full armor set = 1380 tokens
x3 because there are three armor sets = 4140

2h weapons = 390 tokens
x9 because there are eight of them (greatsword, staff, hammer, rifle, longbow, shortbow, trident, spear, bowgun) = 3510

mainhand weapons = 300 tokens
x6 because there are six of them (axe, dagger, scepter, pistol, mace, sword) = 1800

offhand weapons = 210 tokens
x4 because there are four of them (focus, torch, warhorn, shield) = 840

completing a dungeon's skin for collection = 10250 tokens

Yikes.

Shit town of grind or just some crazy dedication, if all paths can be done every day for 1 dungeon only it would take 56 days... if you took this challenge one at a time it would take 448 days... ity wouldn't take me long to complete, already have CoF complete.... AC, TA, CoE, SE, almost done, CM needs all armor set to complete, the ones that i would really have to put work into is Hotw and Arah...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
to be fair only HotW and Arah are hard to complete.

Anyway tried PvP and already I am disgusted at the map chat lol

Zeroth

Nearly done with both Arah and HotW collections thanks to PvP. I'm glad I can casually do the collections instead of rushing them, makes the whole experience pretty pleasant.

to be fair only HotW and Arah are hard to complete.

Hotw 2 and 3 can be speed run just need to learn them, few of my friends who quit knew how to do 2 and 3 15mins each maybe less, should have had them teach me before they left for WoW..

PatzCU

Nearly done with both Arah and HotW collections thanks to PvP. I'm glad I can casually do the collections instead of rushing them, makes the whole experience pretty pleasant.

Ignorant newbie question: You can collect the dungeon skins by PvPing? Can these skins then be used in the PvE world or only PvP?

Zeroth

I PVPed the other day and none of my team mates ever said anything. Not even hi :(

I always start a match by greeting my team and stating where I will go. Most of the time no one will say anything, but sometimes we talk and make strategies, so it's always worth a shot.

Ignorant newbie question: You can collect the dungeon skins by PvPing? Can these skins then be used in the PvE world or only PvP?

Dungeon tracks reward you with 3 weapons of the dungeon collection and a piece of armor from the collection (all which you get to pick). These items are the same you would get from buying from the vendor, so you can use them in PvE, yes

Thorgal

yes , once you complete a reward track you get a choice of an armor piece of that dungeon and some dungeon tokens .

You can only pick one , so if you want the whole set of an armor , you have to complete the track 6 times .

also yes , these skins can be used everywhere .

PatzCU

yes , once you complete a reward track you get a choice of an armor piece of that dungeon and some dungeon tokens .

You can only pick one , so if you want the whole set of an armor , you have to complete the track 6 times .

also yes , these skins can be used everywhere .

Wow, that's pretty awesome. Really digging all the different ways you can progress in GW2. Unfortunately, all my life responsibilities kind of force me to be a super casual player so it's nice that I can do all of this at my own (very slow) pace.

Boss Doggie

You must clear the story dungeon to "unlock" the track for pvp for that character.

With that said there's a rotation, and it's currently Arah I think.

PatzCU

You must clear the story dungeon to "unlock" the track for pvp for that character.

With that said there's a rotation, and it's currently Arah I think.

Technical question; if I start a reward track that's currently on rotation (Arah in this case), can I maintain my progress on that track even if it rolls off rotation? I'm assuming I'll be completing these realllllly slowly.

Quenk

Technical question; if I start a reward track that's currently on rotation (Arah in this case), can I maintain my progress on that track even if it rolls off rotation? I'm assuming I'll be completing these realllllly slowly.

I believe your progress will be saved and you can continue the next time it comes up on rotation.

Mxrz

For the last few months or so, I only pvp'd enough for the dailies. Took about a week per reward track. Made dungeoneer pretty easy. Been a lot quicker if I hadn't wasted a month on CoE and all my HotW tokens way back.

Its worth it to just do a quick story mode for the dungeon tracks. Arah is the only slow one, and its required for the personal story anyway.

Zeroth

It's puzzling that Torment presented no issues when it was introduced if that's the case.

The problem with the server is keeping track of all conditions, which is why there's a small cap. A new condition certainly takes a hit on the servers, but it's limited like the other conditions.

Ashodin

The problem with the server is keeping track of all conditions, which is why there's a small cap. A new condition certainly takes a hit on the servers, but it's limited like the other conditions.

It makes me wonder if they've been building a backend to keep track of Conditions specifically, or somehow cramming the data into some other space that's relatively unused.

Taffer

I was under the impression that the condition cap wouldn't ever be increased because there wasn't enough capacity to track any more stacks, so having another 25 stacks fully supported is confusing. What's different about Torment that the servers can handle it as opposed to bumping bleed/vuln/confusion up to 30 for example?
I've not gone looking for an explanation since Torment was added because I'm not that bothered about the 25 cap, the only time I notice it is tagging champs at over-subscribed boss events.

Thorgal

Well ,that was an intense half hour but we did it , TC's Garrison Is ours .

#BEASTGATE .

gw077yxsga.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the gathering tools would go on sale, they would be a huge QoL upgrade. I also want to get more storage space and some 20 slot bags. About 5000 gems total I guess, but I'm not a millionaire! I'll probably get one thing a month as a "sub".

Tyreny

Just bought in the sale last weekend. Would love a guild invite if available: Franchise.2917

Quoting per the OT, haven't gotten an invite yet. Getting more and more into the game everyday. Loving how it rewards you for exploring and going with the flow.

I read through the controller support section in the OT as well but run windows 8. Is that a show stopper or is it worth giving it a try?

Retro

Quoting per the OT, haven't gotten an invite yet. Getting more and more into the game everyday. Loving how it rewards you for exploring and going with the flow.

I read through the controller support section in the OT as well but run windows 8. Is that a show stopper or is it worth giving it a try?

Eep, sorry about that. Just invited you!

As far as the controller setup goes, I would give it a try and see if it works. Hawkian is out of town all this week, but I imagine he's still reading the OT and might be able to give you some advice.

I haven't played in a really long while because I've been trying to catch up on my backlog. Now with countless games beat and a Wii U pro controller setup I'm ready to dive back into Guild Wars 2.

Did scale 9 and scale 50 GAFractals tonight, back-to-back.

Both groups were perfect and flew through to the end, but that was still too many fractals for one night.

Uncatagorized -> Molten Furnace -> Thaumanova Reactor -> Molten Boss -> Swampland -> Cliffside -> Volcanic -> Mai Trin

I'd rather do Mai Trin at 50 than Jade Maw. She's really one of the best designed bosses in the game.

The Irukandji in Jade Maw's arena don't just drift off and leave during a scale 50, and it's annoying having to fight them. Once they are dead, you still have a boring boss fight left where you mostly stand around waiting to be a target.

Boss Doggie

it's her other gimmick (CANNONS) that annoy me, not her barrier thing.

Jade is best boss.

Also damnit, at least make Flame Jet count for Torch kills anet.

Emitan

it's her other gimmick (CANNONS) that annoy me, not her barrier thing.

Jade is best boss.

Also damnit, at least make Flame Jet count for Torch kills anet.

wat

bosses that melt in 10 seconds are more interesting than that snoozefest

jade maw was cool the first time. every other time its really boring and samey

yukinon

we (the blue team) were down by more/less 30 points in the last minute.
most of the red team was too busy triple teaming one of my teammates outside of the capture points.

won by 2 points \o/

oqW41vb.jpg

we (the blue team) were down by more/less 30 points in the last minute.
most of the red team was too busy triple teaming one of my teammates outside of the capture points.

won by 2 points o/

oqW41vb.jpg
Close wins like that are awesome but loses make me hate my team.

Yet another week of ANET not talking about HoT.

Anyone know if PoI is cancelled tomorrow?

Moondrop

Banned
> Create new chat tab
>> Turn off Map, Say, and Emote
>>> Name 'sPvP'
>>>> Use in all game modes

Oh btw, I completed the HotW collection and tossed the ascended trinket in my bank before knowing that dungeon collections were a thing. :p

Minamu

Reached 4000 AP today thanks to a couple of pvp matches :D Actually a lot more fun than I thought it was
(and easier :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom