• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun in the demo today. Record videos if you can so unloyal players like me can see what was in the demo.

Next Wednesday is April fools, I guess nothing major is coming since we haven't heard anything which means another win for me because SAB isn't coming back.

Wallach

Have fun in the demo today. Record videos if you can do unloyal players like me can see what was in the demo.

Next Wednesday is April fools, I guess nothing major is coming since we haven't heard anything which means another win for me because SAB isn't coming back.

Ah, another member of the unloyal club. Hello fellow peasant.

They only invited people who spend over 200$ on gems.

All aboard the SS Whale, Loyal Crew only!

king-rat-whale-modest-mouse.jpg

Minamu

So, I've been running a personal experiment of sorts the past month, or roughly four weeks, I'm not entirely sure I started on the very first login day to be honest. Anyway, the idea was to see how much gold I could gather in a month of casual playing, through random loot and mining. Pretty much everything you can put in the bank was put there instead of ending up on the TP instantly like it usually does. My 56 laurels went into T6 mats a few minutes ago but I didn't actually sell those, except the ones I already had 250 of (claws and venom, the cheapest ones basically). As for all the ores and wood logs, I converted those into ingots and planks wherever possible, as it seemed likely to give me more money per item than selling everything separately. That's the extent of money scheming involved I think.

So far, I have about (edit: 94g) to pick up, and definitely more than half of it all is still up for sale is my guesstimation (I might lose quite a bit due to undercutting and maybe having to take it back and resell it, I don't know yet). I had 100.87g before placing all the sell orders, and I'm currently at just under 96g, so I've almost doubled my money. And to think, about two or three weeks ago, I had less than 1g and couldn't afford one lottery ticket xD As for stuff that can't be put on the TP like certain lumpets etc, they were just sold to an NPC, I'd be surprised if that profit was even close to 1g.

When playing, I haven't really gone out of my way to collect ores and logs, just getting the ones truly near me and hunting the dailies. Granted, leveling my necro to 80 in WvW gave me quite a lot, although Silk Scraps are probably the most valuable stuff you can come by so easily, having sold more than two stacks of it today. On my ele I've mostly just collected stuff while trying to find my traits. All equipment drops were salvaged if they were blue or green (and some whites I guess), thus giving me even more ores and logs to convert and rares sold directly. I probably could've converted more stuff, like scraps and silver ingots but I don't have the crafting skills for that yet. On my mesmer, most dailies were made and some bosses and basically regular casual playing. Of course, I could've earned more by doing tons of dungeons and SW farming but I didn't want to farm for a month.

Overall, quite a fun experiment and interesting to see the results, as I still need about 1000g for my Sunrise (more T6 mats and Dawn) :/ But no need for tears, I'll probably have at least 250g by the time everything is sold, which is great for my flipping adventures :)

BraXzy

So, I've been running a personal experiment of sorts the past month, or roughly four weeks, I'm not entirely sure I started on the very first login day to be honest. Anyway, the idea was to see how much gold I could gather in a month of casual playing, through random loot and mining. Pretty much everything you can put in the bank was put there instead of ending up on the TP instantly like it usually does. My 56 laurels went into T6 mats a few minutes ago but I didn't actually sell those, except the ones I already had 250 of (claws and venom, the cheapest ones basically). As for all the ores and wood logs, I converted those into ingots and planks wherever possible, as it seemed likely to give me more money per item than selling everything separately. That's the extent of money scheming involved I think.

So far, I have about 87g to pick up, and definitely more than half of it all is still up for sale is my guesstimation (I might lose quite a bit due to undercutting and maybe having to take it back and resell it, I don't know yet). I had 100.87g before placing all the sell orders, and I'm currently at just under 96g, so I've almost doubled my money. And to think, about two or three weeks ago, I had less than 1g and couldn't afford one lottery ticket xD As for stuff that can't be put on the TP like certain lumpets etc, they were just sold to an NPC, I'd be surprised if that profit was even close to 1g.

When playing, I haven't really gone out of my way to collect ores and logs, just getting the ones truly near me and hunting the dailies. Granted, leveling my necro to 80 in WvW gave me quite a lot, although Silk Scraps are probably the most valuable stuff you can come by so easily, having sold more than two stacks of it today. On my ele I've mostly just collected stuff while trying to find my traits. All equipment drops were salvaged if they were blue or green (and some whites I guess), thus giving me even more ores and logs to convert and rares sold directly. I probably could've converted more stuff, like scraps and silver ingots but I don't have the crafting skills for that yet. On my mesmer, most dailies were made and some bosses and basically regular casual playing. Of course, I could've earned more by doing tons of dungeons and SW farming but I didn't want to farm for a month.

Overall, quite a fun experiment and interesting to see the results, as I still need about 1000g for my Sunrise (more T6 mats and Dawn) :/ But no need for tears, I'll probably have at least 250g by the time everything is sold, which is great for my flipping adventures :)

Awesome little experiment!

I'm pretty sure I sold my soul to get Twilight, I can't even remember the horrors I endured.

Minamu

Awesome little experiment!

I'm pretty sure I sold my soul to get Twilight, I can't even remember the horrors I endured.
Hehe thank you :) Yeah the stories of your misadventures are well known, I've been dangerously close to being the second Braxzy the last few months. I'm trying to take it easy but it's hard indeed.

BraXzy

Hehe thank you :) Yeah the stories of your misadventures are well known, I've been dangerously close to being the second Braxzy the last few months. I'm trying to take it easy but it's hard indeed.

So they have been written? I always knew someone would write a book about me :D

A second BraXzy you say? What on earth have they all done to you? Poor soul!

Minamu

So they have been written? I always knew someone would write a book about me :D

A second BraXzy you say? What on earth have they all done to you? Poor soul!
I think some OT mentioned it, and it's brought up every now and then too. It's my own doing, I've been obsessed with it for the longest time :)

BraXzy

I think some OT mentioned it, and it's brought up every now and then too. It's my own doing, I've been obsessed with it for the longest time :)

You should totalllllllly give me Sunrise when you're done so I can make Eternity. Then everyone is happy. Win win win win win? :D

Mxrz

I don't remember Mallyx sounding like Bob Newhart with a cold.

5 minutes in and this map is already the best thing ever.

Quenk

I havent received any drop aside from the reward, although the heirloom might drop a precursor if it's in the loot table

I thought I got some random drops during the PAX demo but I wasn't paying too much attention to loot except right after the first wyvern so I could be wrong.

tiijj

I thought I got some random drops during the PAX demo but I wasn't paying too much attention to loot except right after the first wyvern so I could be wrong.

you get some champ bag and loot bag after the first instance.

EDIT: it's possible to get an exotic from the champ bag so it might be possible to get a precursor.

TrounceX

So far, I have about (edit: 94g) to pick up, and definitely more than half of it all is still up for sale is my guesstimation (I might lose quite a bit due to undercutting and maybe having to take it back and resell it, I don't know yet). I had 100.87g before placing all the sell orders, and I'm currently at just under 96g, so I've almost doubled my money. And to think, about two or three weeks ago, I had less than 1g and couldn't afford one lottery ticket xD As for stuff that can't be put on the TP like certain lumpets etc, they were just sold to an NPC, I'd be surprised if that profit was even close to 1g.

Not bad. I don't make even close to that as a 100% WvW only player. Sharpening stones and food is a 65s per hour upkeep alone and there is very little else to make money off of sometimes. I think I lose money sometimes by just playing.

These days I just convert my real life money to gold if I want something expensive. I'd rather work an hour extra and convert a hundred gold or whatever then mindlessly grind pve during my free time. Anet should love me with how much money I spend on their game, yet still no beta invite.

Mxrz

Bugging out the "falling" screams with gliders was funny. Especially when the glider graphic didn't load and my afro-tux guy would just soar through the air screaming.

Wanderer5

Poor TC , crushed between two giants

gw22015-03-2422-07-44ntkn7.png

Tier 1 tends to be rigged so that all three servers stays around the same in points, thus one takes the hit before it moves to another to balance it out.:p Through there was a rumor that some guilds in TC are hoping FA to move up (please god no <.<).

Retro

Stress Test Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/BnYMk

Much fun, Revenant is pretty cool but I really really really need to level one from 1-80 to get a feel for all of their bells and whistles. I don't think I even switched Legends more than once or twice. Mace / Axe is fun as hell, Hammer has a nice feel to it where you can tell rather quickly which skills you're going to want to use and when, so that's nice.

The Wyvern is an interesting fight, people got really good at keeping him on the ground after some initial confusion. I see the fights in HoT being excellent if this is where they're starting from in terms of behavior / patterns.

For the second test I plan to run around on a non-Revenant, maybe Engineer. The demo space is fairly small (though dense), so I don't see myself stating in there for the whole time except to grab more screenshots.

Really good stuff, eager for more.

I wonder how long it'll take for someone to get a precursor in the beta and then cry that they don't get to keep it, heh heh heh

I suggested that to be total dicks, they should bump the drop rate for precursors up to some insane level and then watch everyone bitch that they have 3 dusks and they can't do anything with 'em.
JUWnj.gif

I thought I'd love hammer but I don't find it nearly as fun as mace/axe. I just bought some mace/axe skins to prepare for my proper final Revenant.

Retro

could have been a bug but apparently the beta map allowed for 61 bleed stacks. And 72 stacks of confusion

Not a bug. Early testing;

JonPeters said:
Hey Everyone,

As you may have noticed bleeding stacks go above 25 stacks when playing in the demo map. This is not a mistake, rather as we have said for a while now, we know that the current stack cap creates problems for condition players who want to work together. What you saw today was the first test in solving some of these problems. Keep in mind, it is not necessarily final and absolutely not the entire plan. I see many questions about how this will work and how it impacts other conditions, balance, etc. Rest assured that as soon as we have a final plan we will be revealing it and letting you all know exactly how it will work. (source)

For a minute there I thought you forgot your hammer and weren't going to play with new Defiance.

I wasn't going to forget after as much time as we spent talking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdGRd0hyhcw

Brynn of Thorns .

Like the name Ike :p

It was planned out well ahead of time, haha.

It was nice to be dumped into the beta and play a familiar character starting out. I tried Revenant in the second half of the stress test, and it wasn't quite the same.

leng jai

Anyone think they'll use foxfire clusters in the new legendary crafting? Have 500 stocked up but the price is pretty dire at the moment.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Soo I calculated dungeon tokens.

a full armor set = 1380 tokens
x3 because there are three armor sets = 4140

2h weapons = 390 tokens
x9 because there are eight of them (greatsword, staff, hammer, rifle, longbow, shortbow, trident, spear, bowgun) = 3510

mainhand weapons = 300 tokens
x6 because there are six of them (axe, dagger, scepter, pistol, mace, sword) = 1800

offhand weapons = 210 tokens
x4 because there are four of them (focus, torch, warhorn, shield) = 840

completing a dungeon's skin for collection = 10250 tokens

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom