• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
wat

bosses that melt in 10 seconds are more interesting than that snoozefest

jade maw was cool the first time. every other time its really boring and samey

it was fun though, having a gimmick that won't screw you up if you have terrible connection

Cannon phase is only hard if you start to panic and needlessly use up your endurance.

ping tho

> Create new chat tab
>> Turn off Map, Say, and Emote
>>> Name 'sPvP'
>>>> Use in all game modes

Oh btw, I completed the HotW collection and tossed the ascended trinket in my bank before knowing that dungeon collections were a thing. :p

I'll keep that in mind :p

spiritfox

it was fun though, having a gimmick that won't screw you up if you have terrible connection

ping tho

I'll keep that in mind :p

Err Jade Maw is the one with the instant down if you are not holding a crystal and don't dodge at the right time. I have more trouble with that then Mai's cannons.

Retro

Erm... yeah, one of the first things I did was make a chat tab that's guild and party chat only. It's not GW2 so much as MMOs in general (the community for this game is easily leaps and bounds ahead of WoW overall, but it can still be as obnoxious as any day in Barrens chat). Even the nicest of the nice MMO communities (LotRO was crazy good, for example) can sink pretty quickly if the right troll starts up. Queensdale when the train was running is a good example... blah.

Minamu

Precursor details are out on reddit thanks to a chinese translator. Tl;dr version: it seems fun
Indeed it does :D Still gonna get my Sunrise before then the traditional way but that sounds like a very unique side quests, and all of them are different for each weapon too it seems.

Zeroth

Saw thought it might be fake....but 35 things to get a pre.....damn lets hope most of them are easy

It's meant to take time. Let's hope it will be SW, "long but exclusive to your account" over the exotic hunter "fast if you have too much gold on your hands".

Morokh

so basically the new precusors will be non-shiny versions of the legendary you want to make.

That's a nice additional step on the way to crafting your legendary.

Also very nice that they went with some kind of lore-ish themed collection.

Now I'm way more interested in that than I should xD

New map bonuses too, that sounds VERY nice !

So how did people get into the HoT stress test? It just occurred to me that I was never invited lol

You had to sign up for a newsletter at some point and then were notified if you got selected via email. They said something about selecting the "most loyal players," which lead to a lot of people getting butt hurt about the wording when they didn't get an invite, but I feel like they just randomly selected from the set of currently active veteran players

New Legendaries and new precursors won't be tradeable. Interesting way to make them stand out from the old ones.
I thought all of the new ones would land with HoT. I am surprised they have only finished a couple.

Also, that non-legendary Moot skin looks pretty dope. I wonder what a non-legendary Sunrise will look like!

I think I might prefer that moot to the actual legendary lol. Bit too gaudy for me.

Arcteryx

Jesus, that news is MEGATON.

Absolutely love it though. Glad that the devs realized a legendary should be something that takes EFFORT and can't be just bought outright.

Also, the changes to the current precursors is pretty cool. I think the market value for them is going to increase dramatically, given that you actually get THREE skins out of them now(first variant, second, and then the quasi-legendary variant). I agree with the above comment that some of the quasi-legendary weapons will, imo, look better than the legendaries themselves.

Gotta say: the devs have REALLY been hitting it outta the park lately.

Oh snap.

Can I get all of the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity collection achievements for free? And the new precursor skins? Not sure I want to do those again.

I do want The Flameseeker Prophecies and The Predator though. Might be time to start working on another character's map completion.

Arcteryx

Oh snap.

Can I get all of the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity collection achievements for free? And the new precursor skins? Not sure I want to do those again.

I do want The Flameseeker Prophecies and The Predator though. Might be time to start working on another character's map completion.

If you have a pre/legendary now, you'll likely get all the related skins. However, I HIGHLY doubt you'll get any of the crafting/collection achievements, as those are COMPLETELY different than the old method of creating a legendary.

Moondrop

Banned
Yeah, it says if you already have the legendary you get the skins unlocked.

So now in addition to lugging around a second Moot for dance parties, I'll need to carry a Serious Moot as well.

Anno

Wow. I like everything about that post. I'm curious how the map bonuses will work, though. Hopefully they won't drive material price/rarity into the ground.

Pillars of Eternity is so coming out at the right time. I'll have several months at the very least until HoT likely comes out, so I'll have plenty of time to focus on PoE. Then, probably about the time I'm ready for a break, HoT will either be out or close (I hope).

Wanderer5

It nice that the new legendaries won't be on the TP to buy from. It was pretty dumb of Anet to do that with the current ones. It just takes away some of that prestige that should be with these weapons, for people who worked on the weapons, but instead it could be hard to tell if people had worked on or simply bought the weapons.

I love my quip (even through sometimes I kind of wish I went with the hammer heh, especially with HoT), and I am proud to have gone through that journey that I might not do again even with the new stuff in HoT, but it does make me a bit sad that the prestige is lessen with the current ones.

I feeling more on prestige with the Luminescent armor and the title really, cause the only way to get them is to do quite a bit of work in LS season 2.

Emitan

Bye

0pBw9D6.png

I had too much gold burning a hole in my pocket, so I bought some of the named exotics I was missing and skinned my weapons. They were previously using the default ascended skins, so it's nice having them unique for a change.

Retro

Probably going to do another culling soon. Yes, I know, we just had one not that long ago, but we're 12 players away from cap again and one good sale is going to wipe us out. We're down to cutting people who haven't played in the last 3 months, we've never gone that close.

I have no idea what the hell we're going to do for HoT. GAFO is going to have to be reactivated.

I'm so getting me a new Legendary when they come out. Vroom vroom!

You'd have to start playing again first.
JUWnj.gif

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Probably going to do another culling soon. Yes, I know, we just had one not that long ago, but we're 12 players away from cap again and one good sale is going to wipe us out. We're down to cutting people who haven't played in the last 3 months, we've never gone that close.

I have no idea what the hell we're going to do for HoT. GAFO is going to have to be reactivated.

You'd have to start playing again first.
JUWnj.gif

Just don't cull me again. Adriaaa would die. Thanks.

Complistic

I had too much gold burning a hole in my pocket, so I bought some of the named exotics I was missing and skinned my weapons. They were previously using the default ascended skins, so it's nice having them unique for a change.

Are you using an injector for those screenshots? I want it.

Are you using an injector for those screenshots? I want it.

For anti-aliasing, I am downsampling to 1920x1080 from 3840x2160. I'm using an injector for SMAA (ultra preset) and turn off the in-game FXAA.

Other than that, it's the vanilla game at max settings, with post processing and depth blur turned off.

Mxrz

The karma-converter from the champion-bag-exotic collection worth it? I need about 200 gold worth of skins. While I have no pressing need for the gold or karma, that could buy another alt ascended armor.

The new precursor crafting bit sounds really cool. I actually like the thought of doing thematic stuff for Dawn and Dusk, even if I already have eternity. Maybe someday I'll do them for the Twice Told Legend bit.

The map bonus stuff should make getting charged lodestones easier at least. Using something like the dungeon token or crest/geode stuff for Orr would be neat, but sounds like its not as straight forward. Hopefully world completing all my characters before HoT wont prove to be a bad idea.

Ah it's the downsampling that's making those pics amazing. Well that and the bad assess in them, obviously.

Haha!

If anyone has ever wondered why people bother with downsampling, hit F11 to fullscreen one of these in your browser.

I love the super-clean look.

Everything has its own skin now, and my wallet is much lighter.

10840405508477681664_vxuj7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom