• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reese-015

I've been playing sporadically since launch but very casually and am only past lvl 50 since recently. I also only very recently really gave WvW stuff somewhat of a go and I've got to say I am absolutely floored... The beauty of those maps, the concept and scope of it and seeing the huge battles take place... I love it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still crashing all the time since the 16th patch, both CTD with error box and freezing with "not responding" so I have to close the process.

I want Levyne, Zeroth, and appletoasty to know that, for the past couple of months, I was already using the same builds DnT updated to today for Warrior.

Please don't replace me. I try so hard.

:,(

Levyne

Banned
I want Levyne, Zeroth, and appletoasty to know that, for the past couple of months, I was already using the same builds DnT updated to today for Warrior.

Ha, I'm just glad my company is (apparently) enough to prevent my sorry ass from being replaced :p

We could never replace you ♥

Need to run more dungeons once Levyne has more free time, I need my fix

Ha, I'm just glad my company is (apparently) enough to prevent my sorry ass from being replaced :p

Who am I supposed to talk to on Mumble if we replace you :p

Minamu

I'm still crashing all the time since the 16th patch, both CTD with error box and freezing with "not responding" so I have to close the process.
Have you reinstalled the game and/or updated your drivers? Like on Steam for its games, I think there is a way to verify the installation integrity. At least GW1 did, even though it might've been a complete redownload via the -image command.

Ugh, my Internet connection isn't being the most reliable thing right now...

I guess I'll have to run the client every day to let it check for updates, download any updates, and then exit for the week. No GW2 for now...

BraXzy

Bring back BraXzy, a dungeon runner for the common man. The hero GAF guild deserves and needs right now.

Did someone call the...

dungeon_trains_by_crazykazy-d6q1b0p.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Have you reinstalled the game and/or updated your drivers? Like on Steam for its games, I think there is a way to verify the installation integrity. At least GW1 did, even though it might've been a complete redownload via the -image command.

I ran the client repair but it didn't help, and all my drivers are up to date. The game never crashed up until the 16th patch.

TrounceX

I've been playing sporadically since launch but very casually and am only past lvl 50 since recently. I also only very recently really gave WvW stuff somewhat of a go and I've got to say I am absolutely floored... The beauty of those maps, the concept and scope of it and seeing the huge battles take place... I love it.

Welcome, my brother. There really is nothing like it. Check out what it looks like on a T1 server with an organized guild:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quoMZdeQ148

Hands down my favorite WvW video. It's just insane how they run train through everyone. Sooo good. Especially at 4:15 Guild vs Golem.

At least first-person view will make getting screenshots from tomorrow's stress test easier. Not much time either, the stress test is only from: 12pm to 2pm, then 5pm to 7pm.

Stress test is not beta. :(

Quenk

At least first-person view will make getting screenshots from tomorrow's stress test easier. Not much time either, the stress test is only from: 12pm to 2pm, then 5pm to 7pm.

Stress test is not beta. :(

Yesss, there is hope for me yet. Maybe.

The wording "stress test" makes me think it's more them wanting to test the environment and having more people than internal testers/PAX/EGX Rezzed on the map. Making it a shorter window encourages more people to be on at the same time. I guess they'll slowly do more stress tests over the next few weeks and then the real beta would start.

Spyware

Has anybody used the new shadow dyes? Shadow abyss is way out of my price range but magenta, violet, and purple look pretty good to me. The violet and purple shades look the exact same to me so I'm not sure which one I should even splurge on.
I use a whole bunch of them. I really like the three you mentioned. One of the purple ones is more "blue" and one is more "pink" in tone, so basically one "cold" and one "warm" purple. Can never remember which one is which tho :D

Retro

I was wondering when you'd finally wander in here. Post your name.#### if you'd like a GAFGuild invite.

Zeroth

Would joining the GAFGuild even be possible/valuable to me if I like to play on Piken Square (EU)? (it's the unofficial EU RP server)

You could join the guild if only for the chat. That said, have you considered moving to NA? Now with megaservers you can find groups (like RPers) anywhere

Or ERP if you are like Appletoasty.

Retro

I discovered I have a Beta character slot on the character select screen. Good thing I've got crap to do tomorrow before the stress test or it'd be tough waiting around. I'll be sure to take lots of screenshots and such.

Don't just stand there looking shocked, rub yourself down from head to toe with baby oil and slide your way into the writhing mass of naked flesh that is GAFter Dark.

MrKaepora

I bought the game during the promo but only yesterday I was able to give it a proper play. Even though I'm in Europe I followed the advice of the majority of members and started playing in neogaf's server.

If somebody could hit me with an invite I would appreciate: Mrkaepora.4891

Zeroth

I bought the game during the promo but only yesterday I was able to give it a proper play. Even though I'm in Europe I followed the advice of the majority of members and started playing in neogaf's server.

If somebody could hit me with an invite I would appreciate: Mrkaepora.4891

Gotcha. Hit "G", then click on "Accept" and "Represent"

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Just did a CoF run where Baelfire took 10 mins to kill. I realized midway it was basically a solo attempt since the rest of my teammates kept dying every 2 seconds. It was so much fun - I think I'm addicted to playing with terrible / severely underskilled players. Did a SE1 zerker run afterwards and everything melted in seconds...felt as numb as a housewife in a loveless marriage.

Tech-Wolf

Just did a CoF run where Baelfire took 10 mins to kill. I realized midway it was basically a solo attempt since the rest of my teammates kept dying every 2 seconds. It was so much fun - I think I'm addicted to playing with terrible / severely underskilled players.

Was one of those person a pro time warper?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
For a moment I thought you meant CoF p2 which is terrible to do solo at the end unless you are capable of one-shotting the acolytes.

Levyne

Banned
Probably won't be able to even stress test tomorrow. At least I got to play at pax, I presume it will be pretty much that. Oh well. Even if I find a way I wouldn't be able to mumble

Retro

Probably won't be able to even stress test tomorrow. At least I got to play at pax, I presume it will be pretty much that.

I believe that's the case, yes. Anyone looking for anything newer than the PAX East videos is going to be bummed. But for those who want to try the Revenant or whoop on the Wyvern, should be a fun few hours.

leng jai

Just did a CoF run where Baelfire took 10 mins to kill. I realized midway it was basically a solo attempt since the rest of my teammates kept dying every 2 seconds. It was so much fun - I think I'm addicted to playing with terrible / severely underskilled players. Did a SE1 zerker run afterwards and everything melted in seconds...felt as numb as a housewife in a loveless marriage.

Earl Squirellson and Kanik Is The Avatar look like a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom