• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Apparently there be some new dyes soon that include a couple gold ones. Might look into those. There also a dragon and lion mask that might come next week. Think I just screw the new set entirely and look into these new dyes and masks when come out.

Oh finally, a way to get essences of luck.

Essence of Luck drops from salvaging fine and up gear, so you shouldn't be having any trouble getting them. Though this event does give a nice extra bonus for a while, much like how they rained from the sky during the Christmas event.

Cathcart

are these new skins going to lower the price of other skins? I hope to get a few Lovestruck and Chaos ones at some point!

Unfortunately it is usually the opposite. New skins come in at 1 ticket but eventually get increased to 5 tickets, where they stay forever (although Lovestruck was recently brought down to 2 for the holiday).

Really at 5 tickets you're probably better off just buying gold with gems. You'd have to buy a ton of keys to get that many tickets. But I guess at least you'd have 20 mini Marjories to go with it.

tumblr_njkisvCvd91s32a4po1_500.png

Via: http://southsun-stalwart.tumblr.com/post/110646620950/lunar-new-year-festival-divinitys-reach

Very cool.

TrounceX

I would like a GAF Guild invite if it's still open to all players. Lucky.6148.

I played a ton from launch til the end of the year(when Arah/Orr zones were considered endgame) and then again the next Spring. I was in a hardcore WvW guild on Sanctum of Rall, right around the time that SBI imploded from War Machine fallout, and we took number 1 from JQ. I got burnt out from playing WvW for 5-6 hours/day, 6-7 days a week and ended up quitting. I came back about a year ago for just a couple of weeks, and of course all my friends were gone and I just couldn't find any guilds that were worthy of filling the void. I ran a few low level Fractals at that point but didn't do much else besides leveling.

Ah yes, the old SoR days. Those were the times...

What guild were you in?

Can't wait till ANET gives up on making "back-items" a thing and focuses on making capes a thing.

As an Engineer main, I don't like back-items because they get replaced by my kits anyway.

Really underwhelming actually. It's just Dragon Ball for the most part. I do like the outfit and some of the new dyes look good, but when it comes to actual content it's bleh.

I guess it actually speaks highly of the quality and scope of what regular content updates in GW2 are like, when something like this (small, but not nothing) are considered "meh".

I just have one thing to add :

F*** that game ! (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Shitiest thing about mini-games is that people who like them can't play them with guildies/friends. It's always random teams.

Shitiest thing about mini-games is that people who like them can't play them with guildies/friends. It's always random teams.

Yup very frustrating. 4v5 and afkers. Plus the daily is five wins. It should have been playing five game and two wins. However, Anet thought it was a good idea to make it play two games and five wins!

Yup very frustrating. 4v5 and afkers. Plus the daily is five wins. It should have been playing five game and two wins. However, Anet thought it was a good idea to make it play two games and five wins!

This is why i quit after one game, it was 3-4 and we had an AFKer, this was a huge problem the last time they had it, and after one game i said fuck it..

Levyne

Banned
Heh, I guess being stuck at work until after reset means i will miss a free daily.

Is it normal to find that mildly upsetting.

Mik, are you using GemFX or still using DarkD3? If so what presets you recommend?

Currently, nothing. I've not had the energy to go back to something like SweetFX. GemFX is too unstable, and DarkD3 is no longer being supported. The only thing I use for now is an SMAA injector.

Minamu

Anyone good with routers here? I recently turned off my gf's router to do a restart and since then, zero devices can see the wireless network anymore :/ All I did was push the power button...

Currently, nothing. I've not had the energy to go back to something like SweetFX. GemFX is too unstable, and DarkD3 is no longer being supported. The only thing I use for now is an SMAA injector.
Dammit. I liked you DarkD3 settings (still using) everyone talking about GemFX wondered if you had something for that working.

Anyone good with routers here? I recently turned off my gf's router to do a restart and since then, zero devices can see the wireless network anymore :/ All I did was push the power button...

Push it again to turn it on.

You sure it wasn't like a factory reset button?

You check to see if the Router and Internet modem are talking to each other? if it's router/modem combo from the ISP then go into and check if the Firewall setting changed to max and is blocking all communications..

Spyware

Oh I have missed Dragon Ball so much <3
I usually hate PvP but for some reason I'm really really good at Dragon Ball :p

Nice little filler event, I think. Really like the new outfit too. Wish we knew what sort of weapons the Rev could use. Might have wanted to get one of the Lion skins for one of them... Hrm.

Minamu

Push it again to turn it on.

You sure it wasn't like a factory reset button?
Heh, yeah that's when we noticed that Internet was poof gone. Factory reset is a separate button, and it has been pressed as well since to no avail. Though by now, Inprobably need to check its basic settings :/

You check to see if the Router and Internet modem are talking to each other? if it's router/modem combo from the ISP then go into and check if the Firewall setting changed to max and is blocking all communications..
Internet is fine when it's connected straight into the laptop. The Internet light is on with the cable in so the router finds the Internet as well. But Vista can't see the network anyway. Sometimes a network appears and sometimes it doesn't, and when it does, it only says the settings are mismatched for some reason.

Heh, yeah that's when we noticed that Internet was poof gone. Factory reset is a separate button, and it has been pressed as well since to no avail. Though by now, Inprobably need to check its basic settings :/

Internet is fine when it's connected straight into the laptop. The Internet light is on with the cable in so the router finds the Internet as well. But Vista can't see the network anyway. Sometimes a network appears and sometimes it doesn't, and when it does, it only says the settings are mismatched for some reason.

Check and see if the Router firewall defaulted to max settings, I have combo router/modem and one day after i turned it off the router defaulted to max settings and on mines it blocked all communications.. you gonna have to type the ip of the router most of them are 192.168.1.1 if not, gotta fine the router manual, and if it truly is defaulted, the login will be Admin/Password or Admin1/Password1, once in the router look for the firewall, and if it's max setting that is your problem if it's normal then I don't know your issue..

Edit:if all fails reset to factory settings, pushing the little button once won't reset it, you gotta hold it for 5 secs and watch the router light flicker and change color once they normalize means it reset..

zulux21

If you love 4-3 pvp and with Afkers this update is awesome, otherwise it's a gold mine for me flipping Envelopes for profit..made 16 gold today..

if you dislike pvp in general and were hoping to get stuff just by goofing around and mostly losing... it really sucks though... might just play the flipping game.

i really don't get why in the past they gave stuff for winning/losing each round but this time you get nothing... it's just lame :/

meh the flipping market seems to be well on it's way to crashing. I am to poor to play the market and make any meaningful gains.

leng jai

There doesn't even seem to be a message in game that tells you where Dragon Bash is. There's even people asking in guild chat if the event has even started yet. The amount of effort put into this content is next to zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom