• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm really tempted to save up 400g just to get the Emperor skin out of the way. I already got the charr's.

Minamu

Farm elder wood.
Where would I do this, and what should I do with the wood once I have it? :)

Dungeons and Silverwastes are the best two ways right now.
Indeed, I should get on with the dungeons, haven't done all paths yet anyway. What is it you actually do in SW to get money?

You should also do daily Tequatl for money. You just need to show up like 15-20 minute early if you want a good map. It's a guaranteed 2 gold and 3 rares + others loots.
I try to do this as often as I can remember it. Getting into a map is rarely a problem these days.

You can actually join Teq maps 2 minutes prior these days and still have a decent chance of winning.
This. With 15 minutes to spare, an organized map is usually available somewhere on the LFG.

To be honest, the best gold farm in-game by far is trick-or-treat bag farming (we are talking about 8g in 30 minutes), but it is limited by several factors, so I can't recommend it as a reliable source of income. It's a nice thing to pop up to do once a day or so, but doing it too often has great risks toward your mental health.
Care to explain this one, in private if need be? :) I could probably flip that amount in less than 30 minutes, but I've found that the TP is usually quite drowsy at the time I'm the most active :/

Quenk

Where would I do this, and what should I do with the wood once I have it? :)

Don't listen to him.

Indeed, I should get on with the dungeons, haven't done all paths yet anyway. What is it you actually do in SW to get money?

Do the events leading up to the breach and then VW. Open up the nightmare chest in the labyrinth as well. Keep doing that until you have a stock of crests so you can buy bandit keys. Join a chest farm map and open up chests. Open the bags you get and sell the materials you get.

Wanderer5

Balthazar Outfit is out. Must get it for Charr, even if lore wise that would be really silly.:p

Edit: So freaking great on charr. I like that the tip of the tails flares up a bit.

2015-04-07_00008_zpsaiznb5lf.jpg

2015-04-07_00010_zps6rbwypnd.jpg

2015-04-07_00002_zpsy2zvdo11.jpg

Balthazar Outfit is out. Must get it for Charr, even if lore wise that would be really silly.:p

I got it already, some problems.

Helm
You hide the helm on humanoid characters and it looks bad as though they have no neck and your head is floating on the flames, you think it sounds kool but it really looks stupid.

On Charr without helm it looks great..

Dyes
1 of the 4 dye slots does nothing.
90% of the outfit is 1 dye color..
you can't mess around with it like other outfits and come up with some nice dye mixtures..

Edit: looks like you got it, updated your post the same time i posted lol

Wanderer5

Helm
You hide the helm on humanoid characters and it looks bad as though they have no neck and your head is floating on the flames, you think it sounds kool but it really looks stupid.

Dyes
you can't mess around with it like other outfits and come up with some nice dye mixtures..

Can't judge about the helm as I haven't tried it on humanoid chars yet (nor did I really intended to, as I really only got this for my charr heavies), but yeah that bottom right dye slot seems to do nothing? Be a bit nice if it added a additional color you can mixed into the armor itself.

I love it still overall through on charr, so I not having much regrets of getting it quickly despite that dye quirk.:p

Minamu

Don't listen to him.

Do the events leading up to the breach and then VW. Open up the nightmare chest in the labyrinth as well. Keep doing that until you have a stock of crests so you can buy bandit keys. Join a chest farm map and open up chests. Open the bags you get and sell the materials you get.
I knew it! Well planks are fairly good for selling I suppose. I see, vw is a boss I've never seen so that would be nice to try.

Helm

I agree. What is up with that? Are they going to fix it you think?

Spyware

Helm

I don't see why you would remove the helm since the thing with the outfit is the same as with the zodiac armor for example, it changes the flesh, fur and plantmaterial of the character to something completely different. You don't have your normal flesh anymore, you have... some sort of lavaflamebodything.
They don't have a neck if you remove the helm since the neck is part of the chestpiece like on any armor or outfit in the whole game (so no they won't fix it). The "head" actually starts at the jaw, there's even a really ugly and visible seam there if you have specific skin colors and armor (on humans at least :/)

I don't agree that it looks good on charr without the helm either, I find any of the skin altering stuff to be horrible unless you have the complete set on, since it clashes greatly with the normal look of skin/fur/plant.

It is a cool outfit when you wear the whole thing tho, but I'm so over flame and fire themes now. Gimme Melandru or something.

Most of the outfits allow i own, can remove the helm, if they gonna give that option then they should make it look proper when the helm is removed, otherwise don't give that option..

Spyware

Most of the outfits allow i own, can remove the helm, if they gonna give that option then they should make it look proper when the helm is removed, otherwise don't give that option..
Of course they won't make the helm non-removable since as you said it's always possible to do on everything else in the game.
They could have made some sort of "collar" (like on the zodiac armor chest pieces) where the seam is tho. I would have liked it more if they did. It would still look horrible and bad with the fleshy head and lava body tho :D

Quenk

My first time in Arah explorable was definitely worth. Whenever next I do it, I'm sure it won't quite live up to that.

Lunar15

Man, everyone at Anet needs to play Monster Hunter 4 and beat Dalamadur to see a gigantic dragon battle done right. On the 3DS nonetheless!

Wanderer5

Man, everyone at Anet needs to play Monster Hunter 4 and beat Dalamadur to see a gigantic dragon battle done right. On the 3DS nonetheless!

Dalamadur was more annoying than grand tbh lol, but with a less cramp area, it might work to be inspired by in ways. Think I was more impress with Daren Mohran in term of that scale.

leng jai

Helm

Dyes

Edit: looks like you got it, updated your post the same time i posted lol

So as good as every other outfit in the game.

I agree. A simple gradiant on the neck would have worked.

If they are going to insist on pushing outfits, they need to allow us to remove the helm (and shoulders) so the characters own personality and look shines through. If you're wearing the helm it looks too generic.

Also, the coloring of dye on this outfit is weird. It only has 3 levels. I really hoped you could change the color of the lava. That would really have made it more unique.

Wanderer5

I agree. A simple gradiant on the neck would have worked.

If they are going to insist on pushing outfits, they need to allow us to remove the helm (and shoulders) so the characters own personality and look shines through. If you're wearing the helm it looks too generic.

Also, the coloring of dye on this outfit is weird. It only has 3 levels. I really hoped you could change the color of the lava. That would really have made it more unique.

Well there still that 4th slot that is bugged heh. I kind of doubt it would be a slot for the lava through.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh man the outfit is already bought.

gw072rfuq7.jpg

I find it silly that a clothing based on a human god fits more on a charr lol

As you can see that char is not even a heavy armor user but being a flamethrower engineer, it benefits her look. You guys recommend any fiery dyes?

Quenk

This finally happened tonight.

It feels like I've done a lot more.

Many thanks to everyone with whom I've ever tackled a Fractal, Zeroth in particular of course. He was probably there for 400+ of them.

Still trying to find an outfit and dyes that go well with the Fractal backpiece. I like this one pretty well.

Congrats! That's an awesome achievement.

nataku

Anet appears to have accidentally come up with the perfect cape solution with this new outfit.

Eh, going from physics based capes in GW1 to static, cardboard WoW-like capes in GW2 isn't an improvement. I really hope they don't go in that direction. It'd bother me to no end to see those everywhere.

Now, those little cords hanging off the back are still physics based but don't seem to clip on the Charr. Do with capes whatever they did with those and it might work.I haven't bought the outfit though, since it cuts off the Charr horns, so I have no idea if they clip while running on all fours.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
My elementalist is level 80, in full exotic zerker gear, scholar runes and ascended accessories. He has 5% map completion. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Levyne

Banned
My elementalist is level 80, in full exotic zerker gear, scholar runes and ascended accessories. He has 5% map completion. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pssh, my engi and thief are at 2%.I think I gave them ranger runes though.

Ascended vs. Exotic gear comparison spreedsheet

tl;dr A full ascended berserker set gives you at 16.3% increase in damage over a full exotic berserker gear set on average.

Hopefully someone double checks and confirms the numbers, but I was already pretty sure it was at least in the 11% or more range. I'll still say armor is mostly a waste, unless you are like me and absolutely have to have the very best available.

Congrats! That's an awesome achievement.

Thanks!

You cut your hair :eek:

and congrats!

Do you like it?

Insert Evony joke here.

Come play for free now.

Zeroth

Ascended vs. Exotic gear comparison spreedsheet

Hopefully someone double checks and confirms the numbers, but I was already pretty sure it was at least in the 11% or more range. I'll still say armor is mostly a waste, unless you are like me and absolutely have to have the very best available.

Keep in mind this is a comparison between someone using solely exotic stuff versus someone with full ascended. Most people have ascended accessories, which brings down the % to roughly 11% or so, or just 10% if you have an ascended backpiece too.

Taffer

When it was a 5% difference that was fine, 5% is nothing, I can live with that.
This is double digits though. I need more Damask.

I recently power-leveled a ranger to level 80, now sitting at 4% map completion. I'll get to gearing it later, since I want to properly level my new mesmer.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Wonder if that means the difference between Ascended Celestial and Exotic Berserker is like 2% in regards to damage output.

They updated the post to say it is a 12.57% difference. That sounds more like what I was expecting.

tl;dr A full ascended berserker set gives you at 12.57% increase in damage over a full exotic berserker gear set on average. The ascended weapon gives the biggest % increase for an individual item.
EDIT: Fixed the exotic backpiece stats.
EDIT: Fixed total damage calculation to reflect a weighted average

Then we're right back where we started and learned nothing new.

11% was the number I saw people throwing around months ago. I guess there is math to show it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom