• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems like a safe bet, yeah. Dragons love magical stuff, and that's a pretty damn big one. My question is, did the Dragon already get it, or did the weird, floating Forgotten-but-not guys in the trailer find it first and secure it in their golden city?
You mean Mursaat-but-not. The exalted.

The best thing they could add to this game is getting to see more of the world. Hope that if there are only few maps it actually reaches far enough to the bloodstone.

They other thing they must do is either add the map north of Brisbane (broken bridge with portal) or update it with some info on why the bandits are taking so long?

So ready for a recap blog posts about world vs world seasons and pvp turnaments because we sure aren't getting any new info on the expansion.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
you should only worry about ascended gear when you can craft it without it breaking your bank. The stat increase isn't something most people still even notice.

Oh I know the jump isn't massive, but it's better and it's out there so I want it :)

EDIT: I just logged in and all the exotics I crafted to level to 500 sold and I made about 60g, so I have now just put in my order for all the parts for the Greatsword, so that's one down.

The lead graphics programmer confirms that the 4 GB system RAM hard limit is the main culprit for the disconnections at mass-player events:

Chad Taylor from official forums said:
The skinny is that it looks like we’ve allowed you to shoot yourselves in the foot with maxed out graphics settings combined with crazy boss zergs. The GW2 client is a 32bit process which has access to just 4gb of RAM, even less in practice due to fragmentation in high churn environments like a zerg fest. I can see from your log files that you are hitting an upper limit of about 3.5 gb of allocated memory before crashing on a failed allocation(i.e. running out of memory).

In the meantime here are some things you can turn down that will free up some memory in zergs without compromising graphics too much:

-Disable “High-Res character textures”
-Ease back on “Character Model Limit” and “Character Model Quality”
-Ease back on “Lod Distance”

The memory use for characters can roughly be described as = character count * character quality * 4 (if high-res is enabled).

Report back if those changes don’t help and I will do the same when we have a fix in-bound.

I would pay for a 64-bit upgrade. It adds to the longevity of an MMO, IMO. 64-bit has access to what, at least 32 GB system RAM?

Edit: oh, this is from a 5 month-old post. Carry on.

Current motherboards mostly top out at 32 GB of RAM, but the processors themselves have the physical address space for up to 256 TB of RAM.

The theoretical limit of 64-bit is 16 exbibytes, or roughly 18.4 billion gigabytes.

I've not had the game crash out at large events in a long time, but I remember a time when Tequatl didn't want to play nice. I run everything maxed except the "Character Model Limit" on Medium.

I feel like the game would be smoother in general if it could keep more loaded into memory. Almost every time you spin the camera around it seems like it stutters for a moment to reload the stuff behind you.

I feel like the game would be smoother in general if it could keep more loaded into memory. Almost every time you spin the camera around it seems like it stutters for a moment to reload the stuff behind you.
Do the increased RAM speeds of DDR4, compared to DDR3, help ameliorate that?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
When WoW moved from DX9 to DX11 and upgraded to a 64bit client I gained 25fps. It would be really nice if GW2 could do the same, the expansion would have been a perfect time.

Do the increased RAM speeds of DDR4, compared to DDR3, help ameliorate that?

I don't actually know, but I wouldn't count on a huge difference. There's also the issue that the game seems to only ever use (at most) something like 1.25 GBs of your video card's memory, even when you are pushing it to 4K resolutions. Maybe memory limitations could be causing thrashing to happen?

It's a shame moving to 64-bit and DX11/12 is such a tremendous task and you can't just flip a switch.

EDIT: I take that 1.25 GBs back. I went to the first available World Boss (Claw of Jormag) and maxed the game out. 4K resolution, max detail, max character models. It topped out at 2.3 GBs of system memory and 2 GBs of video memory. That's more memory than a standard 32-bit application can access, so at the very least GW2 seems to be large address aware.

Minamu

Finally, all that's left for Sunrise is now Dawn! :D Anyone care to share any good money making operations? My flipping business is going pretty well but it's still gonna be a month or many more before I get back up to 700g+. Are Silverwastes runs good or what's the smartest way? :)

Finally, all that's left for Sunrise is now Dawn! :D Anyone care to share any good money making operations? My flipping business is going pretty well but it's still gonna be a month or many more before I get back up to 700g+. Are Silverwastes runs good or what's the smartest way? :)

Dungeonssssss

Quenk

Dungeons and Silverwastes are the best two ways right now.

Samstrike

You should also do daily Tequatl for money. You just need to show up like 15-20 minute early if you want a good map. It's a guaranteed 2 gold and 3 rares + others loots.

Zeroth

To be honest, the best gold farm in-game by far is trick-or-treat bag farming (we are talking about 8g in 30 minutes), but it is limited by several factors, so I can't recommend it as a reliable source of income. It's a nice thing to pop up to do once a day or so, but doing it too often has great risks toward your mental health.

To be honest, the best gold farm in-game by far is trick-or-treat bag farming (we are talking about 8g in 30 minutes)

SHHHHHHHHHH

Seriously though it is almost as mind numbing as SW chest farming. I can do it for maybe 30 minutes before falling asleep. Pretty amusing to see a bunch of naked people running around in circles though

I still have nightmares from the last time I did CoF3

Lunar15

I haven't been paying attention: did they announce a release date for HoT? I just assumed it was August this whole time.

Do people do that in a group? I thought the candy elementals died in a hit.

They spawn as lvl 2 but swap to scale to the area after a second or so. They still die pretty easy after they scale up though, so it's considered polite to take all your armor off so you do less damage, and hit stuff only once so everyone has a chance to tag. (Hence the naked people running in circles)

It gets a bit messy with more than like 10 people but you'll get bored long before that many people show up

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
They spawn as lvl 2 but swap to scale to the area after a second or so. They still die pretty easy after they scale up though, so it's considered polite to take all your armor off so you do less damage, and hit stuff only once so everyone has a chance to tag. (Hence the naked people running in circles)

It gets a bit messy with more than like 10 people but you'll get bored long before that many people show up

Hmmm I think I'll stick with my current moneymaker of just scamming Adriaaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom