• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

So far I've only made Zerk and Soldiers ascendeds. I've been pondering a condition set for my necro, but can't recall seeing any numbers for it. Maybe I am silly, but I still think infusions will have a role outside of fractals, making the armor more important.

Really dig the arcane outfit, but the Balth outfit is hilarious on Asura. Tough choice.

Minamu

Participating in Guild Missions bumped him up 3% :(

I thought Ranger Runes don't work with minis anymore?
Damn I think you're right! :/ I haven't noticed a lack of power on my main mesmer but the wiki doesn't mention it in the anomaly section anymore :( I've been thinking of buying a new Aurora set with zerk instead of rampager (brain fart purchase), might as well get those scholar runes as well then.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Levyne

Banned
heh, guess I'll have to re-gear them then, but they don't even have traits so it's not like they were exactly ready to go anyway, ha

Retro

Got some Guild Wars 2 loot for my birthday;
swag1p6ug8.jpg

swag2g8uk2.jpg

swag3sau4f.jpg

The T-shirts are from Miktar, who snagged them at PAX East and are going to get framed (or put in a display box, not sure how best to show them off) and hung over my desk. The black-and-grreen one is super shiny and looks awesome, but the green-on-grey one is just... perfect; the color combination is very sharp-looking, and as someone who hasn't worn a shirt with a logo on it in 20+ years, I'd wear the hell out of that. Rytlock is actually on the front, so now I have to decide which side I want to display.

The last one is a vinyl poster my brother got for me, from China so... definitely not official merchandise.. but still damn cool, and pretty damn big (it took up the whole dining room table, maybe 5x3?).I dunno if I can afford to frame it, but I'd like to find a way to hang it without putting thumbtack holes in it. It's so big I have no idea where I can put it in the office and I'm definitely not spilling nerdy stuff into the rest of the apartment.

Shark oven mitt courtesy of Hythloday. Edit: To clarify for smart asses
Xeris
, the oven mitts aren't a gift, Meg was just being silly and sticking them in frame. I actually bought those years ago; she asked me to buy oven mitts and I showed her why that was a bad idea.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My complete ascended so far are full berserker warrior (heh), celestial armor/zerk + rampager trinkets/zerk weapons elementalist, and carrion armor engineer. I ditched carrion armor for rampager exotics on her though... I wonder if I'd still do the same amount of damage.

Retro

Pour one out for Nemesis. See you soon, derailer!

May a friend have a guild invite? He's just starting and may have questions I can't answer. It's Dysruptor.6170

Invite sent.

Did my first dungeon tonight and had a blast. Will dungeon again.

That was a special, crazy case. Four man AC1 with necros and rangers only. We did much better than I expected considering I haven't run more than 4 or 5 dungeons on that character tops.

Got some Guild Wars 2 loot for my birthday;

The T-shirts are from Miktar, who snagged them at PAX East and are going to get framed (or put in a display box, not sure how best to show them off) and hung over my desk. The black-and-grreen one is super shiny and looks awesome, but the green-on-grey one is just... perfect; the color combination is very sharp-looking, and as someone who hasn't worn a shirt with a logo on it in 20+ years, I'd wear the hell out of that. Rytlock is actually on the front, so now I have to decide which side I want to display.

The last one is a vinyl poster my brother got for me, from China so... definitely not official merchandise.. but still damn cool, and pretty damn big (it took up the whole dining room table, maybe 5x3?).I dunno if I can afford to frame it, but I'd like to find a way to hang it without putting thumbtack holes in it. It's so big I have no idea where I can put it in the office and I'm definitely not spilling nerdy stuff into the rest of the apartment.

Shark oven mitt courtesy of Hythloday. Edit: To clarify for smart asses
Xeris
, the oven mitts aren't a gift, Meg was just being silly and sticking them in frame. I actually bought those years ago; she asked me to buy oven mitts and I showed her why that was a bad idea.

Jealous! I won a Heart of Thorns shirt and pin from mmorpg.com but haven't received them yet :<

Minamu

So my +7 boost has been missing for over two weeks and I never even noticed xD Only further cements my dislike for miniscule boons. Always found small percentage boosts to dmg in rpgs to be pointless. Bloodborne is the latest to do this where you can choose a weapon boost of either 1.4 or 1.7% extra damage, toward a special enemy type nonetheless. So damn annoying xD

I want to craft ascended armor but I still find it expensive and confusing. I do have 500 armorsmithing.

Also, I am paranoid that I will be unhappy with whatever gearset I pick. If it takes so long to craft, why can't you change armor stats on the fly? I think you should be able to do that with ascended armor when they are time gated.

I enjoy Berserker, but I've wanted to have something slightly more well-rounded so it also feels good in WvW.

I have ascended everything except armor. Weapons, backpack, rings, trinkets.. all ascended. And those are all zerker.

Proven

I should not have checked Nemesis last post.

Retro can I have one of your shirts?

That was not enough warning. Still, condolences.
I want to craft ascended armor but I still find it expensive and confusing. I do have 500 armorsmithing.

Also, I am paranoid that I will be unhappy with whatever gearset I pick. If it takes so long to craft, why can't you change armor stats on the fly? I think you should be able to do that with ascended armor when they are time gated.

I enjoy Berserker, but I've wanted to have something slightly more well-rounded so it also feels good in WvW.

I have ascended everything except armor. Weapons, backpack, rings, trinkets.. all ascended. And those are all zerker.

Just go for Berserker Ascended. Unless the expansion changes things enough (and the expansion likely isn't due for at least 4 months anyhow), it'll be the best choice from a DPS standpoint still. And you can still get Exotic sets for the other armor stats where the direct damage difference will be much smaller.

Retro

Jealous! I won a Heart of Thorns shirt and pin from mmorpg.com but haven't received them yet :<

You should sue. What's the pin look like?

I should not have checked Nemesis last post.

Retro can I have one of your shirts?

Yeah, those last two in the locked thread were pretty crazy... if you're gonna get banned for derailing a thread though, you might as well do it right and jump the explosive tanker cars.

And no, you have a shirt already, personally sent by Colin as you've pointed out several times. Besides, your T-shirts are all going to be covered in baby puke soon anyway. =p

Just go for Berserker Ascended. Unless the expansion changes things enough (and the expansion likely isn't due for at least 4 months anyhow), it'll be the best choice from a DPS standpoint still. And you can still get Exotic sets for the other armor stats where the direct damage difference will be much smaller.

ohh god. Do you have any good guides? How is the fastest cheapest way to do it now? will it still cost like 400-500 gold?

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-stronghold-pvp-public-beta-is-coming/
Stronghold 24 hour Public Beta on April 14th.

Also 75% off Sale starting tomorrow.
In addition, Guild Wars 2 will be 75% off from 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on Friday, April 10 until 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on April 13*. Guild Wars 2 PvP features an active, skill-based combat system; a progression system that rewards skill over stat grind; and a growing competitive scene. Pick up a copy and join the battle!
* Offer applies only to Digital Heroic Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time April 10, 2015 through 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time April 13, 2015.

Morokh

Got all excited seeing the thread in the main forum, then I realized it was just a thread bump ! DAMN YOU KOS ! :p

Question to those who purchased a second account the last time for the daily rewards and such : worth it ?

ohh god. Do you have any good guides? How is the fastest cheapest way to do it now? will it still cost like 400-500 gold?

I'm not aware of any guides but you don't really need one, it's pretty straight forward. You can use gw2spidy.com to check if it's cheaper to craft or buy something off the TP. For example, http://www.gw2spidy.com/recipe/7309 It's cheaper by about 3g per bolt of damask if you craft it, but it's time-gated. But it's cheaper to buy bolts of cotton (as opposed to cotton scraps and refining them into bolts).

Depending on your armor class it'll still be a butt load of money, pray that you're not light armor so you don't have to cry extra tears

Thorgal

Posting to let now i am still around :p

Decided to take a week off to play cities Skylines .

Damn it is addicting ( in a good way )

Unavailable password. You or someone else has used it before,

So I can't use a password anyone has ever used ever?

Seems like a bit much for a video game, even my workplace has much looser restrictions...

All of my usual suspects have already been used by someone at some point apparently.

Edit: fuck it just used my first/last name since I have an uncommon one and literally everything else was not working, including extreme examples like 'thisisfuckingstupid' 'thisisridiculous' and 'whatthefuckarenanet'. maybe 'thisisfuckingiridiculous' would have worked.

I look forwards to going through this again when I forget my password again.

This is after having to go through piles of dusty boxes to find my box for the serial code and then spending 30 minutes trying to remember one of my character names to be able to reset it in the first place .

Like what the fuck arena net?

Retro

Seems like a bit much for a video game, even my workplace has much looser restrictions...

All of my usual suspects have already been used by someone at some point apparently.

It's done like that to prevent the hacking of one game to affect GW2. Trion was compromised not long ago, for example, and people who use the same password here would have their accounts stolen quite easily. Anet has actually done mandatory password resets in the past.

It may seem like a pain, but it's for your own account security.

It's done like that to prevent the hacking of one game to affect GW2. Trion was compromised not long ago, for example, and people who use the same password here would have their accounts stolen quite easily. Anet has actually done mandatory password resets in the past.

It may seem like a pain, but it's for your own account security.

I mean, I can understand that. But it really is a bit much for a game.

I mean even WoW doesn't do anywhere near that and I'm sure those accounts are much more at risk. Or even important accounts like gmail or apple id or w/e where they have your whole life (phone) on it.

Especially having to retrieve your serial code, they should just do 2 step phone verification and text me a code or something instead, like google does. imo Anet is really OTT with this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Steam is so terrifying. "Oh look, the south park game is on sale under $15, I should finally pick that up."

This game has already been added to your Steam library.

what... when... how?

Edit: fuck it just used my first/last name since I have an uncommon one and literally everything else was not working, including extreme examples like 'thisisfuckingstupid' 'thisisridiculous' and 'whatthefuckarenanet'. maybe 'thisisfuckingiridiculous' would have worked.

I look forwards to going through this again when I forget my password again.

This is after having to go through piles of dusty boxes to find my box for the serial code and then spending 30 minutes trying to remember one of my character names to be able to reset it in the first place .

Like what the fuck arena net?
Your best approach for security systems with lax alphanumeric requirements but instead relying on entropy for a high degree of security is to pick something like this:
bZWMYj4.png

Assemble four random words of your choosing together, try to make one of them six letters or more.

Your examples aren't "extreme," they're simple english complete sentences and among the first that the internet community would try, just like you did, when presented with the requirement. They were taken on like minute one.

Your final example, which I bolded and you said might have worked... it actually might've, because you accidentally put an "i" between the words fucking and ridiculous, and that might be enough of a tweak to have not been used. "thisisfuckingridiculous" was taken long ago.

As for mobile verification, gw2 works fully with Google Authenticator and it's honestly not ever a bad idea to use it, even with the "stricter" requirements for a game like gw2. You only have to do it once per network you connect from.

sorry if you were just trying to vent, just offering some perspective.

Steam is so terrifying. "Oh look, the south park game is on sale under $15, I should finally pick that up."

what... when... how?

Speaking of, when I was looking for my GW2 case for the serial code, I found a sealed boxed copy of Dark souls PPD for PC, unopened, which is odd since I've already beaten the game on steam. I had bought this game, completely forgotten about it, and then bought it on steam and completed it.

At least it has a nice art book.

what does PPD mean?

I miss typed PtD, prepare to die, dunno if it's the subtitle or version of the game but it was on the box.

what... when... how?

Your best approach for security systems with lax alphanumeric requirements but instead relying on entropy for a high degree of security is to pick something like this:
bZWMYj4.png

Assemble four random words of your choosing together, try to make one of them six letters or more.

Your examples aren't "extreme," they're simple english complete sentences and among the first that the internet community would try, just like you did, when presented with the requirement. They were taken on like minute one.

Your final example, which I bolded and you said might have worked... it actually might've, because you accidentally put an "i" between the words fucking and ridiculous, and that might be enough of a tweak to have not been used. "thisisfuckingridiculous" was taken long ago.

As for mobile verification, gw2 works fully with Google Authenticator and it's honestly not ever a bad idea to use it, even with the "stricter" requirements for a game like gw2. You only have to do it once per network you connect from.

sorry if you were just trying to vent, just offering some perspective.

Naw I appreciate the input, I actually do use that comic, I have a couple 5-6 usual suspects that I use for trivial stuff but they were all taken, personally I need to use something that makes/sense is an actual phrase sentence or I won't remember. I tried 30+ before I just put my full name.

As for the thing I don't mean straight up authenticator (I used one for wow once and got sick of it after a week) but for account changes and stuff google/blizzard text you a code for verifying it's use.

I was just exaggerating how annoyed I was, its been ages since I've really had to think of a password like that.

Nice catch on the 'i' thank god for having to input passwords twice/

zulux21

Only ~16 people, and it's NCSoft, not ArenaNet specifically (so a lot of failing stuff like Wildstar is involved here). Nobody posted it because it's not that big of a deal in the long run apart from the fact that it sucks a bunch of people are out of a job.

I figured but I still wanted to contribute something :p I haven't posted much recently here because I have been distracted by other things and only playing GW2 long enough to log in right now.

on the plus side I have a level 20 secondary account with like 200-300 gold to it's name now >.>;

I will likely start playing it more often again though, just as soon as my friend gets tired of starbound which shouldn't be to much longer.

on the flip side, I am curious to see if they convert wildstar into something more guild wars 2 like with an item shop and what not and drop the monthly fee but still require a base game purchase, or go straight to free to play with it. I wasn't impressed with the beta but it may have improved since then.

Retro

Ah, yeah, I didn't mean to sound so dismissive. Sometimes I'm still in "Reddit mode" where bad news gets casually dropped off and then people start piling on if a voice of reason doesn't jump in first. Sorry about that.

I will likely start playing it more often again though, just as soon as my friend gets tired of starbound which shouldn't be to much longer.

Heh, wouldn't count on that, their latest unstable update is supposedly pretty good, if he's playing that it might be longer. I'm waiting for stable updates, I spend too much time building stuff for it to be prone to wipes anymore.

on the flip side, I am curious to see if they convert wildstar into something more guild wars 2 like with an item shop and what not and drop the monthly fee but still require a base game purchase, or go straight to free to play with it. I wasn't impressed with the beta but it may have improved since then.

Somebody data-mined a bunch of cash-shop sounding stuff last week, if they don't go B2P soon they're not going to have a chance to implement it. Every time I poke around for info on the game, it's actually worse than I expected it to be. They can't compact their servers down any further, for example; it's just 1 PVE and 1 PVP per region now. That's... not good.

zulux21

Heh, wouldn't count on that, their latest unstable update is supposedly pretty good, if he's playing that it might be longer. I'm waiting for stable updates, I spend too much time building stuff for it to be prone to wipes anymore.

Nah we just play the stable release. we don't want to continually start over.

Hey guys what's going on?

if you decide you are going to take a break from GW2 to play other stuff but just get the daily log ins... don't leave yourself sitting the the Fire Elemental area.... those hacking coughs haunt my nightmares @_@

I think our next special dungeon run will be something first-person. Maybe Flamethrower Engineers burning down Caudecus's Manor?

Also, has Lightbringer Osa always been so huge?

My character is the tallest a human female can be, and Osa seems way too tall even for a Norn.

A lot of "mid-boss" type characters are scaled up for visibility, I think. Kholer and the Ascalonian Captain that springs up during Detha's trap defense are both Norn-sized, despite being human ghosts.

The [GAF]guild mascot is for sale, if anyone is into those mini things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom