• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

Here as an image:

arcsysbks3n.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any chance they don't use the usual $=€lolEurope rule for the hat trick of greatness?

wwm0nkey

According to ASW's Twitter, it'll be $30 with all the DLC included the first month.
Okay all the DLC + the game is a pretty good deal, I'm in.

Oh also online system was explained fully. You now either go to ranked and get matched up or do casual which creates a room for you and others to join. So yeah they just ripped out the annoying part of playing Xrd online.

You can see screens of the match making in the Steam screen shots.

I'd regularly by this, but I'm not sure knowing that Relevator is around the corner. Isn't that suppose to come out in a few months?

LegatoB

Oh also online system was explained fully. You now either go to ranked and get matched up or do casual which creates a room for you and others to join. So yeah they just ripped out the annoying part of playing Xrd online.

I feel weird giving ASW props for cutting out a feature, but the lobby implementation on top of Player Match was such a darn mess. I'm glad they're changing it to just regular Player Match rooms.

According to ASW's Twitter, it'll be $30 with all the DLC included the first month.

Added to the OP. This is great. Reasonable price + All DLC free for 1 month. Way to go ArcSys

God damn. I've actually watched the trailer now. I forgot just how incredible that game looks. I want Arcsys to license out their tech so somebody can make a game that looks exactly like this, but from a genre I'm actually into.

Fuck, man. Those graphics. It's wizardry.

You should go watch some Revelator footage. They somehow made it look even better.

God damn. I've actually watched the trailer now. I forgot just how incredible that game looks. I want Arcsys to license out their tech so somebody can make a game that looks exactly like this, but from a genre I'm actually into.

Hm...

Devs can actually do that quite easily nowadays it seems. These here are actual 3d models too (putting it in a spoilertag, since its Nekopara):

nekopurareview-4.jpg

wwm0nkey

Added to the OP. This is great. Reasonable price + All DLC free for 1 month. Way to go ArcSys
With the discount it'll only be $25

Their tech is free, they've done GDC panels explaining how they did it, yet no one is using it. Fun fact, the tech was originally being used for a 3rd person action game.

Drago

I kinda want to buy this just for the aesthetics alone, even if I don't really play fighting games. I'm always stunned when I watch gameplay of it, it's so gorgeous.

$25 first week with all dlc is pretty tempting...

BossRush

Fuck. I don't think my computer can reasonably run this game. But that deal is too good to resist. I might just buy it anyway in advance until I get a new computer. Good idea bad idea?

Their tech is free, they've done GDC panels explaining how they did it, yet no one is using it. Fun fact, the tech was originally being used for a 3rd person action game.

Nobody is doing it because it is really hard. IIRC Arc said that the process was more or less just as hard as using 2D sprites.

Regardless it is by far the most convincing and really the only convincing 3D game that actually looks 2D. It hiccups at times but overall its amazing.

Here as an image:

arcsysbks3n.jpg

God damn, I'm sold for day 1 on this.

Nobody is doing it because it is really hard. IIRC Arc said that the process was more or less just as hard as using 2D sprites.

Regardless it is by far the most convincing and really the only convincing 3D game that actually looks 2D. It hiccups at times but overall its amazing.

Yup, there's no miracle code, or shader, or anything that makes the characters look like they do; it's a lot of manual hard work in there.

Fuck. I don't think my computer can reasonably run this game. But that deal is too good to resist. I might just buy it anyway in advance until I get a new computer. Good idea bad idea?

Well, Revelator is just around the corner and I don't think this will have crossplay so I guess it depends on how much you like GG.

Nocturno999

I'd regularly by this, but I'm not sure knowing that Relevator is around the corner. Isn't that suppose to come out in a few months?

Hopefully it's coming soon, but this is a great stand alone game considering the price.

Well, a PS3 can run it unless your PC is too old.

Been trying to wait for a sale on this on ps4 but fuck it, I'm in, guess I'm adding to my endless backlog again...
It was on sale on PAL PS4 a couple of weeks ago but you're really lucky you didn't buy it cos supposedly we're still on v1.0 and no DLC at all, even though the game's been out for so many months. Lots of broken promises.

Hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if ASW found a way to do the impossible of fucking up their Steam games for PALers. Intentionlly, of course.

wwm0nkey

It was on sale on PAL PS4 a couple of weeks ago but you're really lucky you didn't buy it cos supposedly we're still on v1.0 and no DLC at all, even though the game's been out for so many months. Lots of broken promises.

Hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised if ASW found a way to do the impossible of fucking up their Steam games for PALers. Intentionlly, of course.

For EU it'll be up to date, but then you guys still have the lobby mode lol

But yeah for EU people, this will be the version to get.

EDIT: Some people are saying all DLC can be unlocked in game. So those who miss out of the first month can still either earn or buy the DLC. I hope this is the model going forward.

RocBase

Yo....what? ASW actually proposing an enticing deal? And fixing up online??

Double-dipping for sure.

wwm0nkey

Yo....what? ASW actually proposing an enticing deal? And fixing up online??

Double-dipping for sure.

If you saw the other posts, it'll be $25 for the first week. After the first month all DLC can be earned in-game with the option of buying, where as the console version was buy only for all the DLC but Sin.

Tizoc

If only Steam lets you have DLC for games you DON'T OWN.
PSN let's you do this, but Steam doesn't.
Gaben pls.

Akiller

Sweet, i've always wanted to play it, but my Xenoblade X copy will arrive soon and i heard GGXrd is really hardcore(i suck at fighters, i never have the time to learn them ;_; ). Hmm i'll probably end up buying it(maybe during the winter sales), my poor wallet.

Pachimari

Thinking of buying this on release. But only if I can get to play with you guys in here, and that we help each other out. Because I have never played a Guilty Gear title before, and don't know about the basics and mechanics this game provides.

And with this, I would have something to use my Hori Real Arcade Pro V3-SA stick with.

Top Bottom