• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

mdsfx

Here as an image:

arcsysbks3n.jpg
Ugh no way I can resist that. Feck.

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh, please don't tell me I have to triple-dip.

So it's $30, 20% off first week**, all* the DLC included the first month? That's a way to get people to buy first week. I wonder what the first week sales numbers will be like.

*Wait, that includes all the system voices and colours? Oh my.

**And where are people getting $25 from? 20% of $30 is $6, so it's $24.

Dambrosi

Banned
AND

AND

From the steam page said:
The digital copy of "GUILTY GEAR VOCAL COLLECTION" will be included with the purchase of the game!

And to kick up the notch…
GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- Arcade version Opening Theme Song,
"Wanna be Crazy(Vocal:Naoki Hashimoto)"
will be available as a FREE DLC for a LIMITED TIME ONLY!!*

*"Wanna be Crazy(Vocal:Naoki Hashimoto)" DLC offer ends on January 11th, 2016, and will not be available after.
HOLY SHIIIIEEEETTTT

Tizoc

Guess I'm gonna triple dip here. I was intending to instead make a giveaway of it but hey should my CC clear come late December and the Free dlc's still...free, I might spread the Grace of Crom to lowly SteamGAF.

Yudoken

Don't take this the wrong way but I really don't like their approach releasing the ''old'' version of the game so late.

But I'm glad that the game finally arrived on pc too.

Who would've thought back then that pc would be the fg platform?

While it makes sense it never was as popular as for now.

It's the only platform where you can play Iller Instinct, Street Fighter V and Guilty Gear Xrd and two of them are cross platform.

Hopefully all future Sony fg do x platform with pc, I hate to see game communities (especially smaller ones like) get separated and only hardcore players stay and play it.

wamberz1

Don't take this the wrong way but I really don't like their approach releasing the ''old'' version of the game so late.

But I'm glad that the game finally arrived on pc too.

Who would've thought back then that pc would be the fg platform?

While it makes sense it never was as popular as for now.

It's the only platform where you can play Iller Instinct, Street Fighter V and Guilty Gear Xrd and two of them are cross platform.

Hopefully all future Sony fg do x platform with pc, I hate to see game communities (especially smaller ones like) get separated and only hardcore players stay and play it.

Don't forget Dead or Alive 5 and Mortal Kombat X as well. Is Mortal Kombat a gimped port on PC like DoA5?

Seriously, pc keeps getting all the best Fighting games from both worlds. Now we just need smash bros and the trifecta will be complete

Cross play?

Highly doubtful, and they didn't say anything about it in the trailer which they probably would have if it did have it. It's not mentioned at all on the steam page either.

Pachimari

We need Tekken too but I don't think it'll ever come to PC. I also wish this one had cross play.

Are any of you here good at Guilty Gear? Maybe you could help me learn the basics.

Tizoc

We need Tekken too but I don't think it'll ever come to PC. I also wish this one had cross play.

Are any of you here good at Guilty Gear? Maybe you could help me learn the basics.

The game has a good tutorial to learn the basics. Trial mode is good to get an idea of how combos work too.
Just expect to see a lot of your meter being used for all kinds of Roman Cancels :p

Already have this on Ps4,but its great to see Steam getting some fantastic fighting games,in fact Steam seems to be picking up console ports old and new left right and centre these days.Great stuff.

Yudoken

Seriously, pc keeps getting all the best Fighting games from both worlds. Now we just need smash bros and the trifecta will be complete

Highly doubtful, and they didn't say anything about it in the trailer which they probably would have if it did have it. It's not mentioned at all on the steam page either.
We'll they kinda are on pc.
Other than some hiccups on 4p (on ishimura unofficial dolphin version it happens less) they work great!
We don't play Smash on Wii U because we prefer those games and the better controller on pc.

I highly disagree, this Tekken will be on pc sooner or later.

It already runs on pc and unreal engine 4.

Astarte

Hm...

Devs can actually do that quite easily nowadays it seems. These here are actual 3d models too (putting it in a spoilertag, since its Nekopara):

nekopurareview-4.jpg

Nekopara does not use 3d models.

Anyways, I'm glad that the game's cheap and has all the dlc for a month; I hope the online doesn't instantly die.

No matter how many times I watch footage of this game, my brain can't process it as 3D realtime, as opposed to hand-drawn. Hell, it can't process it as 3D prerendered!

Parsnip

I'm not really big into fighting games, but this just looks so stupidly good.

ArcSys has been pretty quick to catch up with their releases. While PC is still late, with the news that 5 games before summer 2016, their catalog just keeps growing.
This makes me wonder about Revelator. It's Q2 2016 on consoles, right? I could see that being day and date release on PC as well, or pretty close, just after summer.

What a time to be alive.

Dinjoralo

So, a crap port of Battle Fantasia gets teased on twitter a week in advance. Meanwhile, the game everyone's been asking for just comes straight outta nowhere. What is with these guys?

But still, coming out with all the DLC free is a nice move. I wish those soundtracks were available for a month too, so I could wait to get it with Steam gift cards I'll be getting for christmas.

Tizoc

So, a crap port of Battle Fantasia gets teased on twitter a week in advance. Meanwhile, the game everyone's been asking for just comes straight outta nowhere. What is with these guys?

But still, coming out with all the DLC free is a nice move. I wish those soundtracks were available for a month too, so I could wait to get it with Steam gift cards I'll be getting for christmas.

Crap port? Battle Fantasia got an update recently that fixed resolution issues, and otherwise the game ran fine for me day 1.

Dinjoralo

Crap port? Battle Fantasia got an update recently that fixed resolution issues, and otherwise the game ran fine for me day 1.

It still worked like absolute crap at launch for many people, which was five months ago. Plus it still has stuttering problems from what I've heard.

According to ASW's Twitter, it'll be $30 with all the DLC included the first month.

Hmm, something to play until SFV drops I suppose. Could use some Christmas Pot and the game will definitely be a step up graphically over the PS3 version. Tempted, especially with Revelator not bringing much in the way of balance changes. Shame they haven't gotten around to implementing PS/Steam crossplay.

Tizoc

Wasn't it a DotEMU port to begin with?

i Must've forgotten about that, hah.
I tried it just now and so far the only BIZARRE issue I notice is that when you start a stage the FPS drops to 30 FPS for some reason, but then it sorts itself out.

Holy crap, outta nowhere! (well except for that Steam leak a couple of days ago)

I'll probably pick this up even though I don't play many fighting games, lol. The visuals are insane. I hear it has a story mode that's basically just a giant cutscene / visual novel, so that's good enough for me. I enjoyed P4A, MK9, etc.

Being a UE3 game the port can't be too bad.

Hmm that's pretty good actually. Now to decide whether I want to get this now or wait for Revelator...

If you're looking to get into Revelator, now's the time to get your feet wet. Outside of a possible balance pass before console release and new system mechanics, SIGN > Revelator left character balance relatively untouched. Revelator patches have only been addressing Johnny/Jack-O/Jam thus far.

LegatoB

Say, what made the old lobby system so dumb? I can assume that Relevator won't have the lobbies, either?
Lobbies were basically a front-end for the eight man, four virtual "arcade cabinets" Player Match rooms. So eight people could pair off and play matches simultaneously in the same room, or you could observe one of the matches, etc. Once you entered a room in the lobby, it functioned identical to player match rooms -- including the room closing and kicking every player out of their match when the room's "host" left.

Dinjoralo

Lobbies were basically a front-end for the eight man, four virtual "arcade cabinets" Player Match rooms. So eight people could pair off and play matches simultaneously in the same room, or you could observe one of the matches, etc. Once you entered a room in the lobby, it functioned identical to player match rooms -- including the room closing and kicking every player out of their match when the room's "host" left.

So, it was pretty much redundant? I know we're getting the Player Match rooms, since the steam pages screenshots show them.

LegatoB

So, it was pretty much redundant? I know we're getting the Player Match rooms, since the steam pages screenshots show them.
Pretty much!

For comparison, Blazblue's public lobbies are 64-man and don't have a concept of a "host" so people can pop in and out and play pretty freely. No idea why Xrd changed that.

thundr51

This be a triple dip for me (ps4 disk, digital, and pc). Just installed a 980, so pc is ready. I Really need to stop playing the ai and play other people. Hopefully, this being on pc will help.

Grief.exe

I wish I had any idea what was going on with fighting games. I want to get this, but I haven't played a fighting game since 1994.

Top Bottom