• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

Qram3ry.png

There's quite a lot of DLC.

Torpy

Neo Member
Will pick it up when I get home from work but a friend will no longer be getting it because it "seems really slow". Back to playing missions I guess. At least I can use my stick now.

Nyoro SF

I know you guys want to play really bad... but, after you install it, can someone tell me what the graphics options are like?

Tan

Knowing not much other than wanting to play a GG game, I'll wait for impressions on online before buying.

Nyoro SF

I, uh, I think this is all of it?

Calibration, Adjust, and Color Settings are just test patterns.

Thanks. Looks like there's some good settings, but according to another user going above 1920x1080 isn't possible with in-game settings.

So I wonder if there are some tricks people can do with Unreal...

LegatoB

Hahaha, Elphelt didn't show up in my DLC list and SURE ENOUGH she's not unlocked. Huh!

Can it go above 1080p? Framerate above 60?
Going up pushes it to an ambiguous "FULLSCREEN" option. It seems to fill my 1920x1200 monitor by stretching but I can't tell from the menus if that's actually a rendering res bump. No idea how to test about 60FPS; disabling Vsync doesn't seem to matter but I rarely try that on PC games.

Dinjoralo

Thanks. Looks like there's some good settings, but according to another user going above 1920x1080 isn't possible with in-game settings.

So I wonder if there are some tricks people can do with Unreal...

That's weird, because looking at the options menu, the resolution bit's at 1080p and looks like it can go higher. That's weird.

Nyoro SF

Can it go above 1080p? Framerate above 60?

(Good) fighting games are locked at 60 due to the way they're designed to be programmed, so that won't break. However there isn't an excuse for why it can't go above 1080p.

That's weird, because looking at the options menu, the resolution bit's at 1080p and looks like it can go higher. That's weird.

That is weird indeed. That whole "menu slide" animation thing is a weird way to show menu progress, but maybe it's glitched?

Grief.exe

(Good) fighting games are locked at 60 due to the way they're designed to be programmed, so that won't break. However there isn't an excuse for why it can't go above 1080p.

I figured, but I thought I'd ask.

Looks like it goes above 1080!

I saw that as well, but better wait for confirmation.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wait wat this was a quick release....this was that one game that looked amazing and shit right?

And where is the deal saying you get all dlc for free? I only see mention of a song or something.

LegatoB

What are the other AA modes? MLAA and off? (UE3 basics)
FXAA (default), MLAA, edit: I'm an idiot and typo'd SMAA, sorry.

Restarting Steam put Elphelt in my list.

For clarity: the Display Mode slider has resolutions which are apparently Windowed Mode sizes; Fullscreen is the last "notch" on the slider and seems to be automatically sized.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Aww, fullscreen seems to only go up to 1080p for me. That's my monitor's native res, but I do have an extra resolution above that set up for downsampling. Hopefully this is something more to do with the game's autodetection than an actual lock.

Momentary

Banned
Fullscreen = what your current resolution is. Hand drawn assets look to be stuck at 1080p... but bro... just look at this. 1440p.

376300_2015-12-09_00003_zpsucvnwkcz.png~original

Top Bottom