• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

El Sabroso

Yes it was all made for 720p. But honestly the ps4 version still retains a lot of the 720p assets.(like the character portraits) so it doesn't look that much better.

true that, but can have it like that anyways, previous downsampled screen look really good for the models

Just got home. Now the hard part: waiting.

2d28af8273.jpg

Glad to hear the good impressions so far.

Mohasus

I'm glad my GTX 460 can run this @1440p (usage between 80-95%).

The problem with 2D assets is the nearest neighbor scaling.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, top seller on Steam. You did good ASW. Now, it's a matter on whether to get Revelator on PS3 or PC
or both

Gambit61

Getting some weird network issues tonight, was getting bombarded by "User" has left the lobby" in the middle of fights making it impossible to see anything when in the corner lol. Is there a way to turn those messages off?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
(Good) fighting games are locked at 60 due to the way they're designed to be programmed, so that won't break. However there isn't an excuse for why it can't go above 1080p.

I think this is a bad excuse. The requirement isn't 60fps. The requirement is a constant framerate. If they have 60fps implemented, they could implement 120fps if it was a priority and it should work the same as 60fps - except smoother. If the problem was completely variable framerate I might understand, but I don't see anything so specific to 60 that with finagling wouldn't be functional at 120fps.

Naite

Tried playing online matches for about 40 min.

Ranked is fucked right now. Search or entry, every attempt at a match is immediately followed up with a message saying failed to connect or match cancelled.

Player matches were able to work but there's some weird shit where nearly everyone gets kicked out of their match and gets sent to the waiting line or out of the room. Happened to me once every 3-4 matches.

I get about a delay 3-5F in my matches so far. On PS3 and PS4 I usually get around 5-9. I'm also finding way more 4 bars than on console.

Also having button prompts cycle between xinput and keyboard controls is extremely annoying.

wamberz1

Tried playing online matches for about 40 min.

Ranked is fucked right now. Search or entry, every attempt at a match is immediately followed up with a message saying failed to connect or match cancelled.

Player matches were able to work but there's some weird shit where nearly everyone gets kicked out of their match and gets sent to the waiting line or out of the room. Happened to me once every 3-4 matches.

I get about a delay 3-5F in my matches so far. On PS3 and PS4 I usually get around 5-9. I'm also finding way more 4 bars than on console.

Also having button prompts cycle between xinput and keyboard controls is extremely annoying.

I didn't have this, but when I was in a match I would randomly get a huge amount of "X has done X" on the right side of the screen, including it saying that I had dc'd from the match despite me still being in it. So I was in the corner getting wailed on and literally could not see my character.

Messiah

Tried some online matches ranging from 1 bars to 3 bars. Netcode seems really solid. Delay was around 2 to 6 for the most part.

Anyone want to provide a quick breakdown of Guilty Gear vs Blazblue? I'very played a little Blazblue but have never played a Guilty Gear. Is GG more popular in the states? Looks like it made Evo last year while BB didnt.

El Sabroso

Anyone want to provide a quick breakdown of Guilty Gear vs Blazblue? I'very played a little Blazblue but have never played a Guilty Gear. Is GG more popular in the states? Looks like it made Evo last year while BB didnt.

long story short, ASW couldn't do GG so they made BB in its place due to rights or something like that, they recovered the franchise and this is why GG returned, so no need of pseudo GuiltyGear (I know are different games do not worry), long live the King of anime fighters

fader

BB is more popular than GG in Japan because of many reasons including it's leniency compared to GG but GG did have a very booming scene in the early-mid 2000's where people who you don't think would play anime games today was playing it. But today, I would say GG in America is more popular than BB.

BB does borrow aspects of GG but BB is a lot more combo heavy with a simpler control scheme and increased ??hit time?? (cant think of the right word) to make doing combo's easier while GG is more focused on trapping your opponent in the corner and forcing them to guess which way to block.

I personally cant stand BB. I think the matches are boring since combo's tend to take FOREVER and the characters are boring.

robotrock

Banned
I got it to render at my monitor's native resolution (3840x2160). At first when I did fullscreen , it was rendering at 1600x900. When I set it to 1920x1080 and then clicked fullscreen, it started rendering at 3840x2160.

RM8

Downloading! Realistically speaking, I'm likely not going to love this unless it somehow becomes the first ArcSys fighter to "click" with me. But I'm absolutely giving it a chance! Plus it was ~$12.6 USD here in Mexico, it was an easy buy.

Tried the game out for a bit. I'm surprised it runs so well on my system. Online netcode seems solid from the few matches I played.

Edit: Also, the fact that the PS+ colors are included cracks me up.

K.Sabot

Unfortunately I have yet to find a good match online.

Even when I set up a lobby indicating my region, 1 bars / 5+ frame delay bros still flood in.

Hope this game does well on Steam and we get revelator sooner rather than later. I think it only did like 39k first week in Japan at initial release

Yuuichi

Seems like a decent port, having some connection issues (I get in to lobbies but I can't start a match, it hangs after the fight intro and kicks me back to lobby with a lost connection to other player) and the full screen resolution problem needs a fix but it seems great other than that.

Sayad

Seems like a decent port, having some connection issues (I get in to lobbies but I can't start a match, it hangs after the fight intro and kicks me back to lobby with a lost connection to other player) and the full screen resolution problem needs a fix but it seems great other than that.
This happens when you can't connect with the other player due to a NAT problem or bad connection on consoles. I assume it's the same on PC.

zoobzone

I'm feeling that the PC version has slightly less input lag than the PS4 version.

When I do the Potemkin 6K loops, more often would something not come out - this is due to inputting too early, but I'm quite sure my timings aren't off.

Would be cool if someone dedicated enough could compare the input lag and test for sure. But for now I'll still stick with PS4 as main.

Pachimari

Wow, there's so much to remember and I'm only halfway through the tutorial. At least I remember where the Slash, Heavy Slash, Punch, Kick, Dash and Taunt buttons are on my arcade stick. I still don't know what the Tension meter actually do though.

Wow, there's so much to remember and I'm only halfway through the tutorial. At least I remember where the Slash, Heavy Slash, Punch, Kick, Dash and Taunt buttons are on my arcade stick. I still don't know what the Tension meter actually do though.

Tension is like your hyper combo gauge, but unlike Street Fighter, it resets every round, so you don't take whatever you don't use with you.

Buburibon

I think the Duke Nukem forever AA compatibility bit in Nvidia Inspector works. It's either enabled, or not enabled and I'm seeing things wot ain't there.

What does GPU usage look like with it enabled? I haven't had any luck at all so far with the UE3 bits I've tried.

Top Bottom