• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

JayEH

Wow they went all out making sure new players have all they need in game to learn how to play. I knew about the tutorial but there was much more here than I expected.

Also damn they really did improve on the visuals.

Ranmo

Are we going to have a discord? I Ctrl+F'd the first page and others and didn't find anything. Or even a PS group.
Just talking on here is fine too, just asking.

Type-Zero

Gamestop sold my game my pre ordered game......wtf

Guilty Gear and Odin Sphere...

Apparently the gamestops in my County fudged up the shipments for guilty gear and they don't know how soon they will be in. So no guilty for me today. I did get my odin sphere though so I can't get mad.

Are we going to have a discord? I Ctrl+F'd the first page and others and didn't find anything. Or even a PS group.
Just talking on here is fine too, just asking.
There's a general Fighting Game GAF Discord. Quote this post to reveal the link:

Edzi

Didn't really like how Kum felt, but I'm digging Raven. Even managed to finish all of his combo trials.

I wanna get into GGXrd but i never really played any Arc System game seriously. Mostly here and there. Is it new player friendly? Is the learning curve is steep? Like in SF you can go far with some basic fundamental knowledge of FGs but can you go far in this game with basics alone?

I just played a good 30 matches against PlatinumMilk with Raven, and I want more! Who wants to join and play? Just search for vg2g!

I wanna get into GGXrd but i never really played any Arc System game seriously. Mostly here and there. Is it new player friendly? Is the learning curve is steep? Like in SF you can go far with some basic fundamental knowledge of FGs but can you go far in this game with basics alone?
The game has one of the best fighting game tutorials I've witnessed. I think you could pick it up. The biggest difference you have to learn is that jumping is not bad in airdashers. You can jump all you want and there aren't really consequences - it's like aerial footsies.

Zissou

Fundamentals won't get you very far IMO (though any FG experience will speed up learning the game of course). Like any other fighter, it's new player friendly as long as you're playing against other new players :p

MASSIVE discovery:
PlatinumMilk told me that you can hit the soccer ball in player rooms with circle. Cool. BUT, you can HOLD circle to charge a kick instead, and it lights the ball on fire and flies around!

Fundamentals won't get you very far IMO (though any FG experience will speed up learning the game of course). Like any other fighter, it's new player friendly as long as you're playing against other new players :p
I thought you quit Xrd. ;-)

SephLuis

Finished story mode and it was fun. They could adapt to film format with a higher budget and by changing a few scenes and cuts.

As a long time fan of GG, I am not satisfied with some answers. I know they had to untangle over a decade of fighting game "story" but I expected....different. Not bad, but not exactly mind blowing.

Also, I need to go back to train my Elphelt and learn some good BnBs with Jam. I feel the combos in the game are too simple or just for show >.>

Zissou

MASSIVE discovery:
PlatinumMilk told me that you can hit the soccer ball in player rooms with circle. Cool. BUT, you can HOLD circle to charge a kick instead, and it lights the ball on fire and flies around!

I thought you quit Xrd. ;-)

1. enjoy xrd
2. run into Elphelt
3. quit xrd
4. miss xrd
5, go back and play xrd
6. loop back to step 1

Naite

Raven seems pretty annoying to fight against with Slayer. Only won because my opponent didn't try to anti-air me.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Skipped Xrd hoping for Baiken in this version. :(

Is there a story catchup? Curious how that mode fares for a newcomer in revelator.

This tutorial is awesome! I never understood Roman cancels before and now I'm ashamed at finding out how easy they actually are to perform.

Sayad

Skipped Xrd hoping for Baiken in this version. :(

Is there a story catchup? Curious how that mode fares for a newcomer in revelator.
They uploaded SIGN's whole story on their youtube channel. There's a montage of SIGN's key story events at the start of Revelator's, but I imagine that would just confuse someone who didn't see SIGN's story.

Unknown?

If anyone wants to train and get matches I'll be on friday and weekends at 8-12 pm pt. Psn is gaf username.

Maaaannnn Aksys sucks!! There are absolutely NO Best Buy's in my area that carry this game and despite it coming out today GameStop's website still says preorder and osnt updated.

This will be like Sign all again... No GameStop in the area even had it and other stores don't carry it at all. How do they expect to sell any games if no one can buy them. I don't want to wait for friggen Amazon!!

KRaZyAmmo

Maaaannnn Aksys sucks!! There are absolutely NO Best Buy's in my area that carry this game and despite it coming out today GameStop's website still says preorder and osnt updated.

This will be like Sign all again... No GameStop in the area even had it and other stores don't carry it at all. How do they expect to sell any games if no one can buy them. I don't want to wait for friggen Amazon!!

You could do digital on PSN if you don't want to wait for Amazon.

Unknown?

You could do digital on PSN if you don't want to wait for Amazon.

That's not the point. I don't live in a small city, it's medium size with 200k+ people. There's no reason one store shouldn't have a few extras. Anyway I like to have the option to lend my games to friends.

LowParry

Well after some rankings I managed to hit Rank 9 which is alright I guess? lol

I seem to only get good winning games with Jack-O.

Took Ky online after having not played for months and did well against a Johnny.

I messed around with Jack-O in combo mode and I think she's pretty cool. I'll definitely spend more time trying to figure out how she works.

I also want to try the other new characters too.

The online lobby system is also pretty cool. A definite upgrade from SIGN.

AllenShrz

Bought this on my lunch break despite I never was able to understand the combo system and all those cancelling moves with 3xrd... both on the PS4 and PC...

Help

Bought this on my lunch break despite I never was able to understand the combo system and all those cancelling moves with xrd

Help

Same.

I bought Xrd during that valentines sale where it was $25 or something and gave up after 8 or so hours that week. I always watch it during tourneys but can't force myself to try and learn it again.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I'll call GameStop if they have any copies tomorrow. If they do, I'll pick it up if not, I'll probably wait for price drop.

Top Bottom