• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

Moraizen

Ah. Yes.

PQube, the EU publisher, has said today Haehyun will be unlockable in game:
https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/740490739487002624
https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/740491056152776704

I don't see her so far. But then there's no DLC available for EU until friday, when the game launches officially.

Where'd you get your info she's definitely paid DLC?

I'm pretty sure that was a mistake by the PQube Twitter people, why else would Kum Haehyun be included as a digital pre-order perk otherwise? I imagine that it will be paid DLC for everyone who didn't pre-order digitally through the EU PSN Store, unless they are planning some promotion like the one on US PSN.

I guess we will find out for sure in the next couple of days.

How're lobbies? I'm thinking of buying digitally when I get home but I'm afraid I'll either be too noobish to hang or lobbies will be dead o.o

Edzi

I've yet to try all the characters, but I'm really feeling Raven after doing his combo trials yesterday. He feels really great, and I feel like I'm not struggling too much with his execution. Johnny's more advanced combos game me a lot of trouble, Sol and Ky feel awkward, and Kum was impossible for me to use. I used Leo in Sign, but I really don't like using such a 50/50 char despite how cool he is.

How're lobbies? I'm thinking of buying digitally when I get home but I'm afraid I'll either be too noobish to hang or lobbies will be dead o.o

The lobbies are nice. Most of the people in there are "noobs". I dont think you will be overwhelmed, but check the in-game tutorials and trials before fighting someone

JTCx

Has anyone gotten their physical copy here in the States? ArkSys fucked up big time, no stores anywhere has them yet. The wait is killing me.

Eolz

Man, this thread is going faster than I thought. Hard to keep up.
Pretty happy though, my european LE shipped today, so hopefully I might have it tomorrow (since I'm in the UK) or Friday at worst :)

I'm pretty sure that was a mistake by the PQube Twitter people, why else would Kum Haehyun be included as a digital pre-order perk otherwise? I imagine that it will be paid DLC for everyone who didn't pre-order digitally through the EU PSN Store, unless they are planning some promotion like the one on US PSN.

I guess we will find out for sure in the next couple of days.

Raven is also included as a digital preorder perk. It's just early unlock for him, so I guess it's the same for Kum.

Unknown?

Has anyone gotten their physical copy here in the States? ArkSys fucked up big time, no stores anywhere has them yet. The wait is killing me.

According to GameStop there are no stores in a 100 mile radius that have them. They don't even have any in a 100 mile radius of San Fransisco!!! Like seriously? No Best Buy's have them either and there's no way a store like Target or Best Buy will have them. Seriously pisses me off.

Variable how?! I though it's just the normal start off easy and get harder as you progress, with the new twist being that they drop the difficulty option when you lose a match.

when you set it to one thing but the game decides it wants to do something else, that's variable.

the "new twist" is shit

Moraizen

Man, this thread is going faster than I thought. Hard to keep up.
Pretty happy though, my european LE shipped today, so hopefully I might have it tomorrow (since I'm in the UK) or Friday at worst :)

Raven is also included as a digital preorder perk. It's just early unlock for him, so I guess it's the same for Kum.

The inclusion of Raven is only for the US and JPN digital pre-orders. In Europe we've got access to the early demo, Kum Haehyun and an aditional colour pack.

Of course that is not much of an issue since Raven is an unlockable character ala Sin in Xrd, but yeah, that's the EU situation at the moment.

Zetta

I got the one copy that the store I usually go to had, it seems I was lucky.

JayEH

got it from amazon yesterday. I know a lot of gaf is against pre orders but a niche game like this you have to pre order since stores will only order as much as that.

Is the tutorial basically the same as Xrd Sign? I thought that was pretty good, but it went from treating me like a three year old ("move forward. good job!") to some pretty challenging concepts very quickly, and they weren't always explained very well. I get frustrated when I think I'm doing exactly what its telling me to do and I'm not executing and I don't know why.

I also dropped Sign because I didn't have a PS4 stick - I really need to change that...

Is the tutorial basically the same as Xrd Sign? I thought that was pretty good, but it went from treating me like a three year old ("move forward. good job!") to some pretty challenging concepts very quickly, and they weren't always explained very well. I get frustrated when I think I'm doing exactly what its telling me to do and I'm not executing and I don't know why.

I also dropped Sign because I didn't have a PS4 stick - I really need to change that...

nope, is way better. It is the best fighting game tutorial available right now actually.

copy came in a day late...normally jump right into story mode in ASW games, but without the dub I really just dont care about it. Off to training mode I guess

Eolz

The inclusion of Raven is only for the US and JPN digital pre-orders. In Europe we've got access to the early demo, Kum Haehyun and an aditional colour pack.

Of course that is not much of an issue since Raven is an unlockable character ala Sin in Xrd, but yeah, that's the EU situation at the moment.

GuiltyGear_LETSROCKedition-600x338-642x364.jpg

Why is Raven advertised as a bonus for the CE then?
I really think it's just early unlock of a character depending on which edition you get.

Big Brett

I made it up to like 150k$ should I just go fishing? That's kind of what i'm tempted to do since there's nothing in particular I want

JTCx

According to GameStop there are no stores in a 100 mile radius that have them. They don't even have any in a 100 mile radius of San Fransisco!!! Like seriously? No Best Buy's have them either and there's no way a store like Target or Best Buy will have them. Seriously pisses me off.

I was told from a lot of places that the shipments were delayed for whatever reason. The only thing we can do is wait and hopefully its out either on thursday/friday.

Did I miss anybody who wants invite into the Gaf community on PSN?
I'd love an invite. My ID is DandyCrocodile.

I just ordered this yesterday. I loved Sign even though I was terrible at it and never brave enough to hop online so hopefully with Revelator I'll be comfortable enough. :p

KAOS

Love the game.. love the new backgrounds! I Wish a future SF would return to it's 2D roots! Bring on Blazeblue CF!

rec0ded1

Any tips on how to complete universal mission #28? My wake up game is fine on SF but I get this like 1 out of 10000000 tries on here.

I just got an actual fish while fishing...what do I do with it?

Any tips on how to complete universal mission #28? My wake up game is fine on SF but I get this like 1 out of 10000000 tries on here.
Is it a wakeup reversal? Those are 1 frame links in Xrd - you have to time it perfectly.

Naite

Look closely at your character's feet, and time your DP to when it looks like he'll be standing up and ready to do an action.

Alternatively you can time your DP to slightly after Ky's slash initially comes down.

I don't think there's any point to S ranking the missions, from what I've seen you down get any extra money from going from B to S.

ShinMaruku

I'd love an invite. My ID is DandyCrocodile.

I just ordered this yesterday. I loved Sign even though I was terrible at it and never brave enough to hop online so hopefully with Revelator I'll be comfortable enough. :p

Still room in the lobby? One I'm finished reading I'm gonna hop on.

Add me as well, psn is Nthenorm

I need an invite. PSN is Raizenow.

Yes invite me please :)
Sent.

You can't get repeats of the same item (unlike Smash 4). Instead you'll get a fish. If you get 10 fish, the next time you fish, it guarantees you something new.
Yay fish!

I'm trying not to fish too much until Dizzy is added, since I can't even get her stuff right now.

Though I'll say, I like Raven so much I'm not sure if I'll drop him. Those Super Skrull command grabs...

Top Bottom