• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
He's an unlock in the gallery.

Oh is that what the gallery is? Gotcha. I kept looking for some sort of in-game store and it didn't occur to me that that was the Gallery.

Altima

WTF. Seriously, there are too many DLC.

2 characters DLC in a month that the game release.

Why this is acceptable ???

Astarte

WTF. Seriously, there are too many DLC.

2 characters DLC in a month that the game release.

Why this is acceptable ???

Sin can be unlocked for in game currency and elphelt can be downloaded for free...presuming you're not going into the JP PSN right now.

Oh GOD this story is so anime

Crocodile

I loved the shit out of GG:XX so this game is def on my radar but I'll be pretty busy and/or doing a lot of traveling this entire month so picking it up as soon as the US version hits seems unlikely :/

Hearing about shitty netcode is also a huge concern :/

I noticed that both Ramlethal and Elphelt have the same last name. Are they related in anyway or is that like major spoilerz?

FluxWaveZ

I noticed that both Ramlethal and Elphelt have the same last name. Are they related in anyway or is that like major spoilerz?

They're sisters. That's no spoiler. "Valentines" apparently originated in Guilty Gear 2: Overture, if I interpreted info I got from the story correctly.

Elphelt is free only for a month. After that you have to pay for her.

And they will release Leo Whitefang in 18 Dec. he will cost 800 yen.
Cp did the same thing pretty much. Doesn't make it acceptable but then it shouldnt be surprising.

Arcsys doesn't do complete editions. There will always be a new updated version. So you'll be waiting forever.

Cloudy

Banned
So if I want a physical copy of this on PS4, I need to shell out $80? I don't see a standard copy on Amazon or Gamestop -_-

Shito

Ok, so, I can't seem to find any real answer: if I buy the japanese version on the psn, will I get Elphelt or not?

Horseress

Ok, so, I can't seem to find any real answer: if I buy the japanese version on the psn, will I get Elphelt or not?

I don't think so. You get Elphelt for free buying at the HK PSN, but I'm pretty sure you have to buy Elphelt separately at the JP PSN

Shito

I don't think so. You get Elphelt for free buying at the HK PSN, but I'm pretty sure you have to buy Elphelt separately at the JP PSN
That's strange, because looking at the japanese store yesterday I could not find her anywhere. Only the Sin unlock DLC.
Shit is complicated. ^^

Horseress

That's strange, because looking at the japanese store yesterday I could not find her anywhere. Only the Sin unlock DLC.
Shit is complicated. ^^

Hella complicated my friend. I mean, why in hell the HK PSN is the only PSN where you get the DLC for free?! Doesn't make any sense. And btw I'm playing the HK version and....the game is full english! There's no reason AT ALL to wait for the NA version if you plan to buy the digital copy

Shito

Hella complicated my friend. I mean, why in hell the HK PSN is the only PSN where you get the DLC for free?! Doesn't make any sense. And btw I'm playing the HK version and....the game is full english! There's no reason AT ALL to wait for the NA version if you plan to buy the digital copy
Yep, it's just that I don't have an HK account yet, and that I still have some yens laying on my JP account, so the Japan version would be more convenient for me. :)

maouvin

Shit is complicated. ^^

Eru isn't available in JP yet for those who didn't preorder. Someone posted the release date here before, but I forgot it.

There's no reason AT ALL to wait for the NA version if you plan to buy the digital copy

But what about DLC? Would the cost of getting (probably overpriced) HK PSN Cards to purchase future DLCs be on par with the US DLC prices?

Shito

Eru isn't available in JP yet for those who didn't preorder. Someone posted the release date here before, but I forgot it.
Ok, thanks.
Read some contradictory (old) news here and there saying you didn't need to preorder, only to buy the japanese version before the 5th of January, or something like that.
Will see what I do... :)

Horseress

Yep, it's just that I don't have an HK account yet, and that I still have some yens laying on my JP account, so the Japan version would be more convenient for me. :)

I get it, probably the better option then

But what about DLC? Would the cost of getting (probably overpriced) HK PSN Cards to purchase future DLCs be on par with the US DLC prices?

Well, I bought a 300 HKD (~ $ 38,70) card for $43,99 and a 80 HKD (~ $ 10,32) one for $ 12,99 @ PlayAsia, so it wasn't that overpriced. Besides I always buy PSN Cards for whatever PSN store I buy, and they are always a bit overpriced, so doesn't make much difference to me, but I understand your concern.

OCD collection diplay question: does the North American CE include the game in a standard PS4 case?

The mock-up image on the Aksys web page shows the premium cover and contents, but I can't find confirmation that the game itself is included in a standard case. Best Buy product page says the CE case is an 'outer box' FWIW. I actually searched for an unboxing for (I'm pretty sure) the first time in my life, but didn't find anything.

Just curious if anyone knew the final contents.

maouvin

Well, I bought a 300 HKD (~ $ 38,70) card for $43,99 and a 80 HKD (~ $ 10,32) one for $ 12,99 @ PlayAsia, so it wasn't that overpriced. Besides I always buy PSN Cards for whatever PSN store I buy, and they are always a bit overpriced, so doesn't make much difference to me, but I understand your concern.

Hmm, a 500 HKD card would cost 70 USD, and it would leave some spare cash after grabbing the PS4 version. Think I'll jump in then, if I remember what's my HK account :)

Also, mind that you can buy digitally delivered PSN US cards on Amazon with an intl card and US billing address (shipping can be your actual address) without paying extra.

Yeah that was my plan too, and then you can spend the extra hkd on characters.

But now I think will wait because US store is cheaper for me.

Aye, and it's not like 70 USD wouldn't give you the game + one char on US too.
It's all about having free time to play earlier, then.

Codiox

Hmm, a 500 HKD card would cost 70 USD, and it would leave some spare cash after grabbing the PS4 version. Think I'll jump in then, if I remember what's my HK account :)

Also, mind that you can buy digitally delivered PSN US cards on Amazon with an intl card and US billing address (shipping can be your actual address) without paying extra.

Yeah that was my plan too, and then you can spend the extra hkd on characters.

But now I think will wait because US store is cheaper for me.

Ken

Still waiting on my JP copy to come in. Was wondering, can I sign in on JP PSN account, download Elphelt, and play her on my US PSN on the same console?

Volcynika

OCD collection diplay question: does the North American CE include the game in a standard PS4 case?

The mock-up image on the Aksys web page shows the premium cover and contents, but I can't find confirmation that the game itself is included in a standard case. Best Buy product page says the CE case is an 'outer box' FWIW. I actually searched for an unboxing for (I'm pretty sure) the first time in my life, but didn't find anything.

Just curious if anyone knew the final contents.

Game is in a standard case within the LE. The slipcover is the Sol art, and the box looks like the "Backyard" book. They've done BlazBlue LE's the same way, so should be the same I assume.

antibolo

Banned
So now that the game is out, how much of a downgrade is the PS3 version? I saw an article on SRK mentioning that you can select between 30 and 60 FPS, and obviously the 60 FPS mode is all I care about, but how bad does it look?

I'd rather have the PS3 version for practical reasons (no need to buy a new stick for now, and also my PS4 is in my bedroom where bringing a stick would be undesirable), but if it's too much of a downgrade I'm going to go PS4 anyway.

Dambrosi

Banned
Like I posted earlier, the PS3 version is cheapest for UK buyers on the HK Playstation Store, at HK$358 (about £29.50), so I bought a HK$300 and HK$80 card each, which set me back some £37.27.

It was nice of ASW to make the Sin DLC so cheap too, at HK$14 (~£1.15), which is much better value than they ever managed with BlazBlue and its iterations. I wonder if that will cary over to the US and eventual EU versions...

So now that the game is out, how much of a downgrade is the PS3 version? I saw an article on SRK mentioning that you can select between 30 and 60 FPS, and obviously the 60 FPS mode is all I care about, but how bad does it look?

I'd rather have the PS3 version for practical reasons (no need to buy a new stick for now, and also my PS4 is in my bedroom where bringing a stick would be undesirable), but if it's too much of a downgrade I'm going to go PS4 anyway.
The PS3 version is fine, it's just 720p instead of 1080p, so it depends on if you're that much of a resolution whore or not.

Oh, and the 30fps bit is a myth, don't believe everything you read. You can choose between Quality and Performance settings in the Options -> Display menu, but you're really choosing between mostly 60fps with a few slight dips and a consistent 60fps with slightly jaggier graphics. As far as I've seen, anyway. You'll want to stick to Performance when playing online, of course.

Volcynika

Arc has stated differently about the FPS:

Qf4E4tz.png

Like I posted earlier, the PS3 version is cheapest for UK buyers on the HK Playstation Store, at HK$358 (about £29.50), so I bought a HK$300 and HK$80 card each, which set me back some £37.27.

It was nice of ASW to make the Sin DLC so cheap too, at HK$14 (~£1.15), which is much better value than they ever managed with BlazBlue and its iterations. I wonder if that will cary over to the US and eventual EU versions...

Sin is that cheap because he is unlockable in-game (wasn't Kagura for BB cheap too?). I think his cost will be cheap as well in US and EU (whenever announced) though.

Top Bottom