• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141651670]Can I play the game with my normal account if I bought it from HK? The PS4 keeps telling me I can only use it with the HK account.[/QUOTE]

Every PS3 game I've gotten from the HK store allows it, but I have no idea if they changed things on PS4.

Ferrio

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141651670]Can I play the game with my normal account if I bought it from HK? The PS4 keeps telling me I can only use it with the HK account.

Nah, my lag masks my true genius.[/QUOTE]

You need to set your activate primary account on your HK user.

Videoneon

Watching some Chipp match on youtube, holy shit his combos are so god damned flashy now. Best ninja moveset I've seen in a fighting game yet. Leaning more toward him than I-no anyways, this might push me over the edge. Guess I'll need to practice my jump installs.

Hell yes. Chipp looks amazing and I can't wait to play him. I'm prepared for the riskiness of the character.

If you were watching a green Chipp on youtube odds are it was summit or samitto, I don't know what the right name is. summit is an awesome Chipp.

If you want more fun Chipp stuff check out some of the more recent posts on Dustloop.

Bob White

Overall, I'm not impressed at all on this netcode. 4 bar connections show but then drop to 0 bars. And the input delay is just...well, input delay. Why the fuck don't people use roll back?

DMAmul

Neo Member
is there any chance of the PS4 version getting a patch to support PS3 sticks?

Clearly it can be done (Skullgirls).

Sucks that I have a PS3 stick that I cannot use on the PS4 version of Xrd. Played the demo on a pad and it's just not the same for me.

wwm0nkey

is there any chance of the PS4 version getting a patch to support PS3 sticks?

Clearly it can be done (Skullgirls).

Sucks that I have a PS3 stick that I cannot use on the PS4 version of Xrd. Played the demo on a pad and it's just not the same for me.

ASW is aware of the Skull Girls driver, they have not said if they are going to use it or not though.

Zissou

Can you not chain going my way off pogo flower anymore?

Funny thing is- since Xrd is my first GG game, I didn't even know that used to be a thing until you told me, haha. The combos in the video come from 2 different Xrd wikis plus watching match vids. Will test comboing pogo into flower when I get home later!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";141651670]Can I play the game with my normal account if I bought it from HK? The PS4 keeps telling me I can only use it with the HK account.[/QUOTE]

Weird. I'm able to play digital Japanese games on my American account.

My online experience so far has been getting booted out to the home screen with an error message for trying to connect to someone and having to back out and close the game twice because when I try to connect to a room it just stays at "connecting" and never progresses past that point.

fader

My online experience so far has been getting booted out to the home screen with an error message for trying to connect to someone and having to back out and close the game twice because when I try to connect to a room it just stays at "connecting" and never progresses past that point.

are you playing friends or japanese players?

Well I am no closer to picking a character. So far all I got is that Millia is ridiculously fast and has a variety of movement options, really not looking forward to dealing with it online at all.

FluxWaveZ

Forget returning characters, I want Gabriel to be the next character playable in the game.

Almost seemed like the most powerful character in the story next to Bedman and Sol, heh.

Having finished the story, it was alright. They liked to hammer the philosophical point of one's subjective "world" a bit too heavy-handedly, and a lot of stuff with Ramlethal was pretty damn weird (didn't help that her voice acting wasn't the best, though the robotic tempo was obviously purposeful).

And it's still weird to me that they didn't include any fighting via gameplay whatsoever. There are several moments I can think of where they could have easily inserted a fight between two lines of dialogue and it wouldn't have felt out of place. It's like they deliberately avoided to do so, even if it would have worked in certain moments.

Dambrosi

Banned
dling now hk version ...
Well, how about that? Me too! Great minds and all that!

The HK PSN PS3 version was the cheapest (in £UK) I could find it, at just under £30, and that's a fine price for the next Guilty Gear. Nice £1-odd Sin DLC, as well. :p

It's at times like this I'm glad I have six seperate international PSN accounts.

xezuru

What's the dlc plan for this game? I'm getting lost in the midst of HK version responses, will Elphet be free for everyone albeit timed? How bout the others?

Lemstar

What's the dlc plan for this game? I'm getting lost in the midst of HK version responses, will Elphet be free for everyone albeit timed? How bout the others?
Elphelt:
Japan: Free for preorders, unavailable paid DLC until the 18th for peasants
HK: Free for purchases within the first two weeks of release (through the 18th), paid DLC afterwards
US: Free on PSN for the first three weeks of release, paid DLC afterwards

Leo will be paid DLC in all regions, presumably; all we know as of now is that he'll release on the 18th in Japan (800 yen).

Japanese and HK versions of the game and DLC should be cross-compatible with each other. The same does not hold for the US version.

Well, how about that? Me too! Great minds and all that!

The HK PSN PS3 version was the cheapest (in £UK) I could find it, at just under £30, and that's a fine price for the next Guilty Gear. Nice £1-odd Sin DLC, as well. :p

It's at times like this I'm glad I have six seperate international PSN accounts.

... this game. goadtamn. this game! thank god they put in blazblue like trials.

Dambrosi

Banned
... this game. goadtamn. this game! thank god they put in blazblue like trials.
Yeah, absolutely, but execution seems generous, though not over-lax, so most people should be fine.

I'd be playing the game more myself, but a) it's 2am, and b) I'm watching the Dragonball XenoVerse stream right now. That game looks pretty cool too, for a DBZ game.

Uraizen

Banned
Uh, how do you just invite someone to your lobby or whatever? I honestly can't find the option.

I seriously cannot find one anywhere.

You guuuuuys.

Go into one of the regional lobbies. Press Triangle to bring up an option menu that allows you to create a player lobby. Do your usual shit from there. When you're in your own lobby just press Triangle again and you'll see a familiar menu to invite friends.

Yes, you can make private slots and all that good stuff. To change chars you have to "leave" the arcade cab, press Triangle, and go to select character. You'll remain in the lobby, just go back to the cab and ready up.

You guuuuuys.

Go into one of the regional lobbies. Press Triangle to bring up an option menu that allows you to create a player lobby. Do your usual shit from there. When you're in your own lobby just press Triangle again and you'll see a familiar menu to invite friends.

Yes, you can make private slots and all that good stuff. To change chars you have to "leave" the arcade cab, press Triangle, and go to select character. You'll remain in the lobby, just go back to the cab and ready up.

I don't have an option for private slots, only room capacity.

My menu looks like this in a lobby.

Chat
Confirming Regulation
Display Record
Disband Room
Character Select
Show Guide
Notifications
Button Settings

EDIT: Playing on PS4.

Can someone explain the differences between the ps3 and ps4 versions? Is the ps4 1080p/60fps while the ps3 720p/60? Is that it?

Lemstar

I am literally amazed no one's streaming. I thought for sure that max would be.
no one

I'm kind of surprised that Max isn't streaming, too, I guess (something about not knowing how to set up a foreign PSN account? not sure if that's a troll or not), but people flying out for NEC is definitely hurting streams.

The ds4 feels really weird for this game. I personally like the feel of the psone dpad the best and the analogs on the DS4 feel really loose for a fighting game. I really can't wait till I find an arcade stick for ps4 on sale (Come on Markman, don't hold out on us!
I probably won't have the willpower to wait for a stick sale past the 16th and just buy full price. Vortex is too stronk.
). I want to dive in once the game actually comes out but I'm liking what I played in the demo. Dragon Install looks so flashy in this game.

Lemstar

The ds4 feels really weird for this game. I personally like the feel of the psone dpad the best and the analogs on the DS4 feel really loose for a fighting game. I really can't wait till I find an arcade stick for ps4 on sale (Come on Markman, don't hold out on us!
I probably won't have the willpower to wait for a stick sale past the 16th and just buy full price. Vortex is too stronk.
). I want to dive in once the game actually comes out but I'm liking what I played in the demo. Dragon Install looks so flashy in this game.
How come you didn't buy the Hori RAP V4 when that was still in stock?

Top Bottom