• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Hey guys. I'm quite excited for this game, will be my first GG. I don't have a PS4 so I will be getting this on PS3. I just read an article about PS3 getting a "performance" mode. Will this allow for 60fps on PS3? Does anyone know how big the graphics downgrade might be? I was just hoping it would be lower resolution.

Yeah, seconding this. Also, someone post it every 50 posts so the new blood sees it at the top of every page.

100ppp master race here, eat me n00bz

EDIT: Actually, here's my chance!
Here you go.

Negator

I'll be joining you guys in a few weeks when the NA version comes out, but I've been playing the demo, and I've been extremely frustrated playing on the PS4 controller. Every time I did a 623 motion, my character would inexplicably jump. I realized that doing the motion would make me nudge the analog stick upward. I've never been a stick player so it's going to be an uphill battle for me.

Shun

tumblr_nesiip01XD1s0fo0zo1_500.gif

God I love Ramletherl's animations.

tumblr_ndzoqk1Xp51sdouqio4_500.gif

tumblr_ndzoqk1Xp51sdouqio1_500.gif

Slayer and Sharon's is so accurate to past iterations. Sharon needs to be playable.

4r5

I though they were the same thing so I meant air teching. When I mash buttons or hold the buttons I dont tech on time.

There are three kinds of air techs. Forward and back techs are side techs. And then there is neutral tech. Side teching is done by holding either left or right and pressing a button. Neutral tech is done without any direction and just pressing a button.

Side techs points occur first. Neutral tech points occur latter, after side techs.

Korigama

Yeah that sounds like it from what I can make out from match vids, but that's a recreation. Eh, guess I gotta wait a little longer to hear the rest of the songs. I hope they put the OST on iTunes.
Ah, so that's why it was described as a copy in the title (had no idea if that meant the track having been ripped from the game or not). Looks like I'll have to keep an eye for when the OST is officially released as well.

Onemic

The difference in quality in Xrd for PS4 vs PS3 looks massive to me. Models look more blurry and jagged. Sorta like PC SF4 on max settings vs PS3/360 SF4.

Also, Slayer combos feel more difficult than in reload. I've actually gotten a lot farther in Ramlethals challenges than Slayers

antibolo

Banned
I'll be joining you guys in a few weeks when the NA version comes out, but I've been playing the demo, and I've been extremely frustrated playing on the PS4 controller. Every time I did a 623 motion, my character would inexplicably jump. I realized that doing the motion would make me nudge the analog stick upward. I've never been a stick player so it's going to be an uphill battle for me.

You're not supposed to use an analog stick in a fighting game!!

antibolo

Banned
I'm not dammit! I'm using the dpad and nudging the stick up because it's too close to the dpad!

Sounds like you are moving your thumb too much, it should stay near the centre of the d-pad at all times, and you just slide your thumb on it. For a right-facing 623 you start with the tip pressing on right, then use the articulation to press on down, then nudge your thumb slightly right so you end up pressing right+down. If you do it right your thumb should still be very far from the left analog stick.

The nice thing with the PS4 d-pad compared to the PS3's is that the buttons are angled downwards around the center making it more concave, meaning it keeps your thumb more easily "anchored" to the center, which is a good thing for fighting games.

Toss me an invite :p

PS4 players can't do invites, and PS3 can't invite ps4. Gotta join manually, not sure if this qualifies for you guys but a heads up.

This makes the reality that there's no inviting into private rooms that much more real.

Yeah.

I'm going to hope that someone just forgot to turn it on or something. There's supposed to be a network patch coming in the next few days.

If they don't add that in then it's a pretty big oversight for the online mode imo.

i'm quite certain you can't do YRC if opponent is in hitstun/blockstun, it will become RRC this way

Right, except in the case of HS Stinger Aim > YRC at some distances you will get the yellow flash and the other character/player will already be in a hit animation when the flash goes off. It's hilarious, it's part of the trials so this is intentional. It's just a funny interaction of the game systems.

Zissou

More than any fighter I've played before, I am more in need of information for how to fight AGAINST other characters (as opposed to how to best use my character). Are there any resources this kind of thing out there?

Qvoth

Right, except in the case of HS Stinger Aim > YRC at some distances you will get the yellow flash and the other character/player will already be in a hit animation when the flash goes off. It's hilarious, it's part of the trials so this is intentional. It's just a funny interaction of the game systems.

i would guess this will only work on a specific distance

Tobe

couldnt wait for american release lol, just downloaded the jp version!!!!! BACK TO BACK.

5 min tfor it to end downloading hype is taking over me!!

Sayad

i would guess this will only work on a specific distance
In this case you activate YRC before the attack hits, but YRC have start-up frames(not instant), so by the time you get the YRC flash, the move have already landed.

Top Bottom