• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Dambrosi

Banned
I think this needs to go in the OT or something, we've been getting too many question since SRK released that false-article.
Yeah, seconding this. Also, someone post it every 50 posts so the new blood sees it at the top of every page.

100ppp master race here, eat me n00bz

EDIT: Actually, here's my chance!
Qf4E4tz.png

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone figure out how to do private matches + invites on the PS4? If it's in the game it's hidden too damn well.

Shun

Sharon is so attractive and I love all the animations she has with Slayer. I hope she becomes playable some day.

So SRK was wrong about framerate but that still does not answer my question though, what kind of a graphical downgrade are we talking about with the "performance" option?

Particle effects, lighting, the small stuff. Models are the same. Backgrounds same.

antibolo

Banned
So SRK was wrong about framerate but that still does not answer my question though, what kind of a graphical downgrade are we talking about with the "performance" option?

Altima

Did anyone here play Blazblue before ?

I have a question.

if they release another version of the game next year can vanilla GG:Xrd play with newer version ? and will I have to buy DLC again ?

How it was in BB ?

Okay someone said that already but how? I looked around didn't see shit. Way to make something that should be simple super obtuse.

Someone said to try making a private party with someone and then look for an option to invite that way or "In-game sessions" in the PS4 UI Friends menu or whatever.

Not sure how that's going to work when you're playing with a PS3 player. I suppose they will have to invite you.

Dambrosi

Banned
Performance looks a bit jaggier, and there might be a small downgrade in background detail, but the framerate and models are exactly the same, afaict.

antibolo

Banned
From what I noticed in performance mode is if you start throwing shit out with ky the screen gets blurry as fuck

Well I guess I'll go with PS4 then.

If 720p was the only difference then I would have not minded, but since it's not, going PS3 when I actually have a PS4 only seems like a dumb idea.

Time to practice combos with the PS4 controller.

Volcynika

I think this needs to go in the OT or something, we've been getting too many question since SRK released that false-article.

I'll try to remember to add it in when I am home later. Editing via mobile is a bit of a pain with such a large post.

Bob White

Wow @ SF5 announced for ps4.

Anyways, is there a way to put the training dummy to loop your recording instead of having to manually reset it every time?

antibolo

Banned
Unless you want to play stick, know someone else that would play stick. Don't have PS4 arcade sticks. Oh and paid online.

Yeah, not being able to use my PS3 stick is a bummer but I can live with it for now. I'd rather get the definitive version of the game than an inferior one just so I can play with a stick. I played the demo and the PS4 controller seemed good enough for fighting games.

I already have PS+ so paid online is not an issue.

Coda

Found an actual pic of the Sanwa made pad that comes with the JPN Limited Box. So excited to get this in the mail in the next day or two.

GUILTY_GEAR_Xrd_controller.JPG

antibolo

Banned
Thanks. On the PS4, I have to make a new OS level profile and stick my JP PSN on that right? Just like PS3?

Yes, and you also have to make that PS4 its primary system so you don't have to login to that account every time you want to access its content.

Naite

yea i heard about that. the d pad is not reinforce very good to the shaft that connects to the controller. Some speculate that its glued on.

Ouch. Seems like I lucked out when deciding not to get it. Might just be the angle, but buttons look a lil too flush as well.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
if they release another version of the game next year can vanilla GG:Xrd play with newer version ?

A newer game being compatible with the older one? Nah, not going to happen.

and will I have to buy DLC again ?

How it was in BB ?

I can see the DLC carrying over, sure. But what happened with BB is that they ended up making the initial set of DLC characters regular characters in later versions.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see an updated version of this game released sometime next year, along with a Vita port. (Or a Vita port of Xrd that comes out right before they announce an arcade update.)

I just got done watching the story mode. Loved the way it was done except for the lack of ANY gameplay at all. God damn it I wanted to fight Boss
Elphelt

Judging from the after credits sequence, I guess it's a safe bet that May's subplot will be important next time?

Coda

yea i heard about that. the d pad is not reinforce very good to the shaft that connects to the controller. Some speculate that its glued on.

Hmm, I guess it's not too surprising considering the whole package was only $91 bucks. I figured with Sanwa making it though it'd be quality. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I can't afford an arcade stick for the PS4 right now. This pad was gonna be my short term solution.

Movement in GG on the stock PS4 controller is horrendous.

Beats

Can someone playing on PS3 invite someone playing on PS4? Or do we have to manually go to the lobby to play together?

Coda

Because I never know if I should use the D-Pad or the analog stick. Four singular buttons works for menus and FPS games but doesn't make a good fighting game D-Pad in my opinion. Dashing only comes out half the time too. Also there was all this black shavings on my controller after using the analog stick during a session, it made the controller feel kind of cheap. My Wii U Pro doesn't have that problem and lasts like 74 more hours than an PS4 controller lasts.

Rhapsody

Banned
Can someone playing on PS3 invite someone playing on PS4? Or do we have to manually go to the lobby to play together?

I'm on PS3 and I tried to send an invite to my friend on PS4. He didn't receive it.

So all we've been doing is having the PS4 create a lobby with a password. Then I just go to search lobby.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Only weirdos use the analog stick when playing fighting games.

And 4 face buttons is perfect for arcsys fighters I have no idea how that's even an issue here.

Coda

Only weirdos use the analog stick when playing fighting games.

And 4 face buttons is perfect for arcsys fighters I have no idea how that's even an issue here.

I always feel like I'm fighting against a d-pad that has no sort of physical cue that you are hitting the corner directions. Shoryuken type commands feel so sloppy and random. I'm primarily a stick player, but using a Sega Saturn styled d-pad is the closest thing to stick.

I was certainly busting some nice combos with the stock PS4 controller, but the whole thing just doesn't feel right and it makes my hands tired haha. Fighting games require dexterity, so I prefer my fightpads to be slate-like, very compact and precise. PS4 controllers conform your hands to some weird spider formation, works for modern games, not so much older school execution heavy games.

Beats

I've been doing okay with the PS4 pad, but the dpad hurts my thumb. :x

I'm on PS3 and I tried to send an invite to my friend on PS4. He didn't receive it.

So all we've been doing is having the PS4 create a lobby with a password. Then I just go to search lobby.

Hmm, alright thanks!

Laconic

Banned
I've been doing okay with the PS4 pad, but the dpad hurts my thumb. :x

Hmm, alright thanks!

I hate the DS4.

I've been rather vocal about it, too.

But the D-pad on the DS4 is absolute HEAVEN, compared to practiaclly ANY SNES pad, back in the day. AND it has 2 R buttons, for those pesky 6 button fighting games. So no need to use your pad hand to actually press a button.

antibolo

Banned
The Vita's d-pad is actually the best d-pad ever. It has a clicky feel that is reminiscent of an arcade stick, and the size and shape means your thumb slides well on it for fighting game motions.

I was so disappointed with the PS4 d-pad, which looked similar to the Vita's in the promo photos before the PS4 was released, but turned out to be only a slightly better version of the PS3 d-pad.

Speaking of which, I should try remote play just as a controller for Xrd (ie. play with the TV on).

Hey guys. I'm quite excited for this game, will be my first GG. I don't have a PS4 so I will be getting this on PS3. I just read an article about PS3 getting a "performance" mode. Will this allow for 60fps on PS3? Does anyone know how big the graphics downgrade might be? I was just hoping it would be lower resolution.

Top Bottom