• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

cerulily

I'm having trouble with Ky's challenge number 18. Seems you need a dash to land the kick, but I keep getting the 6k instead of the 5k. And if I wait longer, it ends up being too slow to work.

I had oodles of trouble with this one as well. The key is timing the dash input correctly. You need to be throwing it out before your last move completes so you get the quick dash without doing the inputs when you need the kick to come out.

Training mode. Use it.

I do, it doesn't change my distaste for the input. Me getting to the point where I could do it 100% of the time wouldn't change my distaste for the input. I can go in with Sol and input DP in this game as forward, back, down-back, down-forward, forward and still get DP. I miss one diagonal in an input that's half circle back -> forward and get a whole slew of unrelated moves. Half the problem is overlap in the character's moveset and the other half is the uncharacteristically precise nature the game demands of you to input it compared to other moves in the game. May has the same issues.

Ra1den

I had oodles of trouble with this one as well. The key is timing the dash input correctly. You need to be throwing it out before your last move completes so you get the quick dash without doing the inputs when you need the kick to come out.

Alright thanks, I'll give it shot.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well I'm 50/52 right now , that's better than before I stopped playing to visit my dad lol

Better as in I actually lost a few lol

Azure J

Forgot to say thanks to all the GAF members that stopped by and caught my stream earlier today. I got a few new things from it all, but I still feel so horribly down on myself after playing a set with my bro earlier.

I'll probably be streaming again later tonight or sometime over the weekend. I'm in full grind mode.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna be playing for the next hour or so if anyone's interested.

bon

I played through the entire tutorial and it feels like I already forgot half of it. I am so bad at Guilty Gear.

rookiejet

175px-GGXRD_Sin_2S.jpeg

Why is this not a low? Arcsys, pls. How am I supposed to get that ~240dmg in?

EDIT: A good Venom has to be one of my favorite characters to watch. Second only to Potemkin

Marz

I do, it doesn't change my distaste for the input. Me getting to the point where I could do it 100% of the time wouldn't change my distaste for the input. I can go in with Sol and input DP in this game as forward, back, down-back, down-forward, forward and still get DP. I miss one diagonal in an input that's half circle back -> forward and get a whole slew of unrelated moves. Half the problem is overlap in the character's moveset and the other half is the uncharacteristically precise nature the game demands of you to input it compared to other moves in the game. May has the same issues.

Just tried it out in training mode and I see what you mean.

At least it will teach you clean inputs.

How is the limited edition + controller? Can it be used for other games too? Im deliberating on this game (vanilla) and a controller (DS4) or the limited edition

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The online in this game sucks. There, I said it. Honestly, after putting BB and P4A out there Arc System Works should be ashamed of how poorly implemented the online system is in this game. For example, in ranked:

• Why do I get kicked out to the lobby at the end of each ranked match?
  • What are those cogs that appear once the match is over?
  • Why do connections show as 1, 2, 3, or 4 bars yet once you select a player their connection value appears differently?
  • Why the fuck can't I see the rank of a player I'm playing until I started the match?! Levels don't mean shit.
Also, in player if I'm hosting a lobby and I exit, why is everyone kicked out too? So mind-bogglingly stupid. My blood starts boiling the second I think that ASW will fix this but only in the upcoming GG Xrd Extend for the modest $50 price tag. Grrrrrrrrrr.

88random

I'm having trouble with Ky's challenge number 18. Seems you need a dash to land the kick, but I keep getting the 6k instead of the 5k. And if I wait longer, it ends up being too slow to work.

There is a very simple trick that I discovered for that problem and I use it since Reload. Just press back and K at the end of the dash.

Sayad

• Why do I get kicked out to the lobby at the end of each ranked match?
  • What are those cogs that appear once the match is over?
  • Why do connections show as 1, 2, 3, or 4 bars yet once you select a player their connection value appears differently?
  • Why the fuck can't I see the rank of a player I'm playing until I started the match?! Levels don't mean shit.
Haven't played rank, but that's how things should be, you don't want players dodging each others based on ranks.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played rank, but that's how things should be, you don't want players dodging each others based on ranks.
Then new players are doomed to be fighting people much better than them then?

Sayad

Then new players are doomed to be fighting people much better than them then?
You avoid that by adding an option to search for people at your skill level only, something I've yet to see a fighting game do a good job at. Did Persona and BB show players levels/ranks before the match?

Really wish Pot's command grab was just a 270* ... having to do this ridiculously precise input is annoying, especially when I find myself having the correct read and then just getting Megafist because I skipped a single diagonal in the input. Zzz

I'm inclined to agree. Potemkin Buster has a very finicky motion, and I find myself performing the motion better on a pad as opposed to my stick and even on my hitbox.

Nothing hurts more than dizzying an opponent with Potemkin, and being in the situation where a single Pot Buster can win you the match, only to fuck up the motion and get a 6P or neutral jab or something.

Been dealing with that since XX, but oh well, I still love Potemkin very much.

Kysen

Just finished story mode, damn that was epic. Had no idea about any of the characters back stories. Sin is hilarious. I hope BB goes this route. The animation and 3d models look just like an anime.

They really don't give you much room for error when going for the Radio Edit trophy. 12 minutes to beat the tutorial. It wouldn't be so bad if the timer only started once you were trying to do the inputs, but it's running through even the talking parts. Even clicking through it fast it going to eat up at least 30s or so.

Naite

gonna grab the game this weekend

is there any big differences between PS3 and PS4 versions discovered since release
There used to be some extra online lag from playing the import version and cross platform due to different patches, but after the latest patches I personally don't experience that anymore.

I'm able to play my friend that I normally have terrible connections with, and only get 3-4F of lag. This is with me using a wireless JP PS4 version and him using a NA PS3 version.

addyb

Just got my import copy of this today. Not played a fighter for years. Headed straight to the tutorial and I think I'm up to no 28 on that. Everything seems fairly straight forward so far. Loving the mechanics and the visuals.

What should I be doing solo wise. Arcade mode, mom, story? In any particular order?

NEO0MJ

Just got my import copy of this today. Not played a fighter for years. Headed straight to the tutorial and I think I'm up to no 28 on that. Everything seems fairly straight forward so far. Loving the mechanics and the visuals.

What should I be doing solo wise. Arcade mode, mom, story? In any particular order?

Arcade mode first, play with all the characters to get a good feel of them and their story (might be a good idea to lower the dificulty). Then go to story mode to find out what happens to them after the Arcade mode storyline. After that MOM and online.

addyb

Arcade mode first, play with all the characters to get a good feel of them and their story (might be a good idea to lower the dificulty). Then go to story mode to find out what happens to them after the Arcade mode storyline. After that MOM and online.

Sounds good. I'm no expert and won't ever be. Just want to have some fun and at the very least win a few online when I do decide to take the plunge. It's my first GG game and a lot of the characters are intriguing and have a great design.

NEO0MJ

Finally took the time to finish story mode.

- So, is Gabriel gonna be the Jubei of this game? You can have him to all that and not expect us to want him playable.
- Who the hell thought that would be a good redesign for Justice? She looks terrible now. I want my old Eva/Guyver back.
- From the ending is the final boss gonna be the Pope?

Overall it was within expectations.

addyb

Finally took the time to finish story mode.

- So, is Gabriel gonna be the Jubei of this game? You can have him to all that and not expect us to want him playable.
- Who the hell thought that would be a good redesign for Justice? She looks terrible now. I want my old Eva/Guyver back.
- From the ending is the final boss gonna be the Pope?

Overall it was within expectations.

How long is story mode?

addyb

It will take a few hours to finish. There's no fighting at all in it, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the show.

Yeah I heard about that. Just didn't know how long it all took. Do you have to view it all in one sitting or is there a save/resume feature?

addyb

Well made a start on arcade mode and just finished it with the first guy on the list to the left sin kiske. Really enjoyed it although it's very hectic but I got the general gist. I am a tad confused by the extra power meter he has above the tension meter. One of his specials with heavy strike fills this meter. Sorry for noob question but what's it for?

Sol badguy gave me some grief at the end. He was piling into me like mad in the corner in some of the matches. Beat him on 5th attempt though :)

Rhapsody

Banned
Well made a start on arcade mode and just finished it with the first guy on the list to the left sin kiske. Really enjoyed it although it's very hectic but I got the general gist. I am a tad confused by the extra power meter he has above the tension meter. One of his specials with heavy strike fills this meter. Sorry for noob question but what's it for?

Sol badguy gave me some grief at the end. He was piling into me like mad in the corner in some of the matches. Beat him on 5th attempt though :)

I was waiting for someone that used Sin to answer, but I'll link you Dustloop's explanation on it.
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sin_Kiske_(GGXRD)#Special_Moves

Basically his specials use up the meter and you don't want it to empty up since you'll be vulnerable. Eat at the end of combos to prevent this from happening. He can go from one special into another special, but it drains the meter even faster. In other words, just be careful that it doesn't go down to zero.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
You can learn a lot from the missions in this game. They're not just fights with handicaps like in XX. The last few are simply amazing at teaching you certain matchups.

addyb

I was waiting for someone that used Sin to answer, but I'll link you Dustloop's explanation on it.
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sin_Kiske_(GGXRD)#Special_Moves

Basically his specials use up the meter and you don't want it to empty up since you'll be vulnerable. Eat at the end of combos to prevent this from happening. He can go from one special into another special, but it drains the meter even faster. In other words, just be careful that it doesn't go down to zero.

Thanks for that. Geez I got owned when I went online. I picked sol as I heard he's noob friendly. Came close to winning a few times but I find all my tutorial practice goes out the window in the heat of battle.

Top Bottom