• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

TWILT

Banned
Well that's enough for my getting ass kicked for tonight.

GGs people. Hope my Ky wasn't too cringeworthy to play against lol.

Rhapsody

Banned
I need to get my Zato back.

There should be a way to time a SlideHead to dodge the AirStunEdge while tagging Ky as he lands.

I'll try that next time. I need to hit training mode to see if seals affect the timing.

Edit: You guys can play the last one

Rhapsody

Banned
GGs, everyone that joined the lobby. Actually learned a lot that I was neglecting with Ky and Slayer. Going to try take some of the stuff I saw today. Might try and level up Ky and Zato next time. I'm really not confident against Ky with those two, even if one of them is a mirror.

Edit: I'm looking up FAB vids vs Ain or something tonight. lol

Edit2: Ky 236K is a pain to deal with online : /

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
GGs, everyone that joined the lobby. Actually learned a lot that I was neglecting with Ky and Slayer. Going to try take some of the stuff I saw today. Might try and level up Ky and Zato next time. I'm really not confident against Ky with those two, even if one of them is a mirror.

Edit: I'm looking up FAB vids vs Ain or something tonight. lol

Edit2: Ky 236K is a pain to deal with online : /

LOL that move is so fast in general I tend to just do it the second I see someone do something I can low profile under for the counterhit/knockdown

Rhapsody

Banned
Can Elph perfect reload both stances? Is than an indicator when it triggers?

I don't think shotgun has a perfect reload. Rifle definitely does. You'll see her animation of flicking the rifle a lot faster than it normally would. Remember to not do the inputs for the reload too soon. You have to time it a good amount after the shot.

LOL that move is so fast in general I tend to just do it the second I see someone do something I can low profile under for the counterhit/knockdown

It's scary since there's the threat of RC into VT loops too :(

I need to use it more. My Ky gives too much breathing room on certain spots.

The low profile is what got me a lot against Grifter's Ky. Going under 5K (and maybe Mappa?) hurt).

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Another thing to note is that if you end up hitting it non counterhit too close to RC the first hit and go for a ground fallow up into trip into ciel

Prototype

This was a great read, thanks for the link.

As a new player I really, really, REALLY am having an absolute blast with the roman cancel system. I instantly understood it's strengths and started naturally incorporating it into my game. Having a FG background I saw all kinds of potential with it and have been having a ton of fun using it both defensively and offensively.

I can't imagine RCs being limited to a frame or 2 for specific moves. It sounds unfun and boring.

With the new system in Xrd, after a few days Im already in the "meta" and thinking about strategy (and playing people) instead of locking myself in a lab for weeks to get over artificial execution barriers. Even then, there are still plenty of things I need to work on like various combos, reacting to and converting stray hits, jump canceling, ect.

Ice never picked up a new game faster then I have Xrd. I think it's easier to get into then Smash.

Edit. Has this been posted in FG weekly? I think more people should read this article.

Dlent

Calling the game that the actual GG community thrived on exclusively for half a decade is the height of hubris. This is the same man who thought chess to be so mechanically unsound that he took it upon himself to make an "official" sequel. I'm no expert at GG, but even I can see that he fails to mention that you can abuse RC slowdown in neutral and that it's not just a benevolent combo helper. Or that slashback isn't actually a parry mechanic. Or that apparently Slayer in AC was ruined compared to his "fine" previous versions(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCMzaM3p-g). Or that several characters would be crippled defensively without throw OS. Hell, AC removed the strongest OS in the series of jumping back S+HS which would either airblock or throw if possible. A strange thing to not mention considering how option selects are apparently the devil. Take this all with a grain of salt due to my inexperience, but he has some overlooks or is flat out wrong about some rather obvious things.

This was a great read, thanks for the link.

As a new player I really, really, REALLY am having an absolute blast with the roman cancel system. I instantly understood it's strengths and started naturally incorporating it into my game. Having a FG background I saw all kinds of potential with it and have been having a ton of fun using it both defensively and offensively.

I can't imagine RCs being limited to a frame or 2 for specific moves. It sounds unfun and boring.

With the new system in Xrd, after a few days Im already in the "meta" and thinking about strategy (and playing people) instead of locking myself in a lab for weeks to get over artificial execution barriers. Even then, there are still plenty of things I need to work on like various combos, reacting to and converting stray hits, jump canceling, ect.

Ice never picked up a new game faster then I have Xrd. I think it's easier to get into then Smash.

Edit. Has this been posted in FG weekly? I think more people should read this article.

FRCs were definitely a pain to learn. Trying to do them consistently was more of a chore than a compliment. I enjoy the new system as it simplifies things to take away some of the harsh execition barrier that alienates new comers.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the game thought. I hope Xrd gets more exposure and popularity this gen.

Sirlin not understanding why AC is the best game of the series makes me laugh so hard. Also that guy can't do a FRC ? Funny for a player that was ok with Super Turbo timing. About FRC don't think it was impossible. I started playing XX as my first serious FG and in XX the FRC points were LOGICAL. Their timing was easy even if the windows were short because most FRC where on the hit of the move so you didn't have to think so much about it. When you saw the move connect, blam FRC. It was actually easier than the 2F reversal in Xrd.

It's in #R and the next episodes that a lot of FRC points were moved and it started to be unatural. For example sol gunflamme first FRC was almost on impact when flames gets out. In #R it was push down later so you had to do the gunflamme, wait a liiiiittle bit then FRC. It complicated a lot of things as for example dashing after the gunflamme FRC needed to be done in another way : you would input the first forward of the dash, then FRC, then the second forward and it would make you instantly dash out of the FRC.

I think dizzy ice pillar had the same thing, it was moved later to make it harder but also the weaken the fact you could get out of the move too fast and had too many optiens. The basic problem remained (you were playing predicting everything instead of reacting ike Xrd) but it was not a hell like everyone seems to think.

Anyway Sirlin shitting on AC should not even surprise me considering his background.

Haven't got a chance to play the game since the new year, so I've been coping up by watching some high level matches. :(

Ogawa vs Nakamura:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_-UoHeOR5E&feature=youtu.be&t=00h10m57s
I thought this was pretty cool and have potential for better usage or proper confirms even! At ~12:30 Ogawa is floating, Nakumura set up YRC H ring, jump at Ogawa and cross under with J.H which spike Ogawa at the still active H ring.

The last YRC from Nakamura is exactly why I don't like the YRC system in Xrd. I really hope they will remove the YRC on everything except special moves to be honest.

Tizoc

Was May riding her dolphins introduced in Xrd or was it in there before? Cuz I never knew she had such complex stuff lol.
How old is she in Xrd? 17?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Ram mains, how the fuck do you pull Dauro combos online? Introduce just a couple of frames of lag and I drop them instantly. :(

Sayad

The last YRC from Nakamura is exactly why I don't like the YRC system in Xrd. I really hope they will remove the YRC on everything except special moves to be honest.
Even just removing the YRC slowdown during none special moves would fix most of YRC's problems.

Was May riding her dolphins introduced in Xrd or was it in there before? Cuz I never knew she had such complex stuff lol.
She had the charged dolphin riding move before, but I don't remember her being able to ride the projectile dolphin. Two weeks in, Xrd is already the GG game I played the most though, so don't take my word for it. ;p

Think I am finally getting the hang of this game again. Imo, the game is amazing, but pretty difficult(mostly strict timing for me). I can at least do a few short air combos now. Still got a long ways to go though. I think I will main Ky and I-No for now with Millia and possibly Sol being my secondary characters. It seems like aggressiveness and pressure is key to victory in most cases.

I think Xrd is 5 years after the last game, so she should be 22. If you play story mode, she "mumbles" what sounds like "22" when she is asked what her age is haha.

Top Bottom