• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

Is this game going to be in English for the U.S. release? All the dialogue I've heard thus far is Japanese, which is rather off-putting.

Astarte

The game's already in English right now in Asian and Japanese copies. Both text wise (albeit with some grammatical and spelling errors in the story mode...) and voice wise. A lot of people choose not to use the English voices because it can cause online desyncs and Venom/Sol voices are both ass.

Just finished the story mode.

Holy shit.

Best story mode ArcSys has ever done. I was actually
scared towards the end there because of one specific scene.
Anyone who has finished it knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Astarte

I really liked the story too, and that scene was pretty great.

One thing that irked me was
Slayer getting his ass handed to him by Bedman while Gabriel handled Bedman well. Aren't Slayer and Gabriel rivals or something? :/
Also the fact that a lot of the characters show up for like 5 minutes and then they cease to exist for the rest of the story

Galdelico

Sorry guys if I ask something that has aready been answered, I'm reading the whole thread backwards but I don't seem to find what I'm looking for.

- How well/bad does the PS3 version perform, compared to the arcade and PS4 game?

- I still can't manage to clearly detect what difference makes Speed mode compared to Quality, in terms of visual detail... Does Speed mode tone down the special effects?

- Is it true that it's possible to force the game to 1080p/30fps, by disabling all screen resolutions but that one on the PSX dashboard?

Thanks in advance!

Shun

please stop, you are killing me. I don't have the game yet.

tumblr_neou71njtj1sdhuzuo1_500.gif

This will be you when you get to play it.

Story mode is so good, I can't believe they put this effort into it, they put a lot of effort in BB but they just write words and make everything complicated and convoluted, not the case with Xrd it feels like a well told anime movie with a deep story with some twists and yet easy to follow. I hope they don't screw it with coming games.

Pirabear

Banned
How is I-no in Xrd compared to her previous incarnations? Want to give her a shot but her learning curve always seemed intimidating to me. Will probably still push through anyway since I love her attitude/style.

fader

How is I-no in Xrd compared to her previous incarnations? Want to give her a shot but her learning curve always seemed intimidating to me. Will probably still push through anyway since I love her attitude/style.

she is definitely a lot easier to pick up but she is a little bit harder to learn than most of the cast especially if you do not know how to play Guilty Gear. But if you are learning her and Guilty Gear at the same time, I suggest focusing solely on her and not pick up a secondary.

Advice needed on the HK PSN store.

Just set an account up and it let me know that I need to add a credit card to buy anything.

When I add Xrd to my basket and go to check out, it tells me to add funds to my wallet. I click the button and it comes up with a CC info sheet for me to fill in.

I just want to buy the game using pre-purchased codes without having a HK credit card. Is that possible? If I don't add a card but add the codes to the wallet, can I check out even though my account has no CC info?

fader

Advice needed on the HK PSN store.

Just set an account up and it let me know that I need to add a credit card to buy anything.

When I add Xrd to my basket and go to check out, it tells me to add funds to my wallet. I click the button and it comes up with a CC info sheet for me to fill in.

I just want to buy the game using pre-purchased codes without having a HK credit card. Is that possible? If I don't add a card but add the codes to the wallet, can I check out even though my account has no CC info?

you need to buy HK PSN credit. You can buy some from Playasia, they give it to you digitally by email. 1 should suffice the cost of the game.

fader

This is the digital version, I almost made the mistake and bought the physical cards.

http://www.play-asia.com/playstatio...hong-kong-network--paOS-13-49-en-70-7ex7.html

whoops fix. Kinda rushed the link cause i'm at work

I get that, but do I need to add some kind of CC information to make a purchase?

no as long as you have the funds in your account from the psn credit then they wont ask you to add funds to your account hence why they ask for your CC info

I still suck online. Not sure when to attack or defend.

Also it seems whenever I land directly behind someone my attacks don't come out and I get beat everytime. Does it take time to turn around in this game?

Does anyone know how to beat run up throws?

I can't move or do anything after a YRC/RRC and they just run up and throw me every time.

EDIT: Feels bad. Lost every single match so far today. Haven't taken a single round off of anyone. Maybe Ky's not for me.

fader

I can't move or do anything after a YRC/RRC and they just run up and throw me every time.

EDIT: Feels bad. Lost every single match so far today. Haven't taken a single round off of anyone. Maybe Ky's not for me.

hmmm I wish I can answer that but I have not touched the game yet.

EDIT: you should be able to do something since you wont be in blockstun tho. either mash punch or jump after they YRC.

Don't feel discouraged. You are not going to get better by winning. Take your loses and try your best to learn how you lost and look for answers for them. That's much more valuable than winning.

Onemic

Going full out Ram. She's great.

I'm probably gonna avoid playing any matches at all for a few weeks and train just so I can actually move around and sorta know what I'm doing by the time I do start playing matches.

Biker19

Banned
which looks better? ps4

Heh, so much for those saying that, "The PS3 version is very similar to the Arcade version, so it'll be the definitive version!"

LOL. I think it's a given that PS3 doesn't exactly handle Unreal Engine 3 well like other platforms such as Xbox 360, PS4, & PC could. Arc System Works should just upgrade to UE 4 for future iterations of the game (if any) & make them PS4 exclusive, like what Namco-Bandai are doing for Tekken 7.

4r5

If it's just a straight up throwing, with no setup involved, you can attack, throw, or jump.

If he's setting up his throw with a YRC, RC slowdown is going to remove your attack options, except for DPs and Supers. You still have jumping and throwing available to you. But YRC slowdown is pretty short, to take advantage of it he'd have to do his YRC pretty close to you. This suggests that you may not be controlling your zones very well.

If he's doing a blockstring then RRCing, due to throw protection coming out of stun, you still have all the same options as if he did a raw throw. In fact, because of throw protection, you can throw him before he can throw you.

Beats

Good games Vanilla! I had no idea what I was doing at first, but I think I got the hang of it after a while. lol

hmmm I wish I can answer that but I have not touched the game yet.

EDIT: you should be able to do something since you wont be in blockstun tho. either mash punch or jump after they YRC.

Don't feel discouraged. You are not going to get better by winning. Take your loses and try your best to learn how you lost and look for answers for them. That's much more valuable than winning.

Yeah. Half of my disappointment is coming from poor play, other half from this controller. Maybe I should save replays or something.

If it's just a straight up throwing, with no setup involved, you can attack, throw, or jump.

If he's setting up his throw with a YRC, RC slowdown is going to remove your attack options, except for DPs and Supers. You still have jumping and throwing available to you. But YRC slowdown is pretty short, to take advantage of it he'd have to do his YRC pretty close to you. This suggests that you may not be controlling your zones very well.

If he's doing a blockstring then RRCing, due to throw protection coming out of stun, you still have all the same options as if he did a raw throw. In fact, because of throw protection, you can throw him before he can throw you.

I don't really understand it but thanks anyway.

Good games Vanilla! I had no idea what I was doing at first, but I think I got the hang of it after a while. lol

Yeah ggs, that pistol became a pain in ass. Didn't help that I can't really go yolo with Ram like I can with Sol.

Is there anyway to use a PS3 controller on the PS4? I really dislike how I have to input a DP motion about five times for it to work. Don't even ask me about other motions.

My current ranking for controllers fighting game wise would go

PS3
Xbox 360

PS4.

Onemic

Beat all of Ramlethal's challenges. That was fun.

Anyone know where you can spend the currency gained in-game?

antibolo

Banned
Heh, so much for those saying that, "The PS3 version is very similar to the Arcade version, so it'll be the definitive version!"

LOL. I think it's a given that PS3 doesn't exactly handle Unreal Engine 3 well like other platforms such as Xbox 360, PS4, & PC could. Arc System Works should just upgrade to UE 4 for future iterations of the game (if any) & make them PS4 exclusive, like what Namco-Bandai are doing for Tekken 7.

Yeah for me the Unreal Engine was a dead giveaway that the PS3 version might not meet expectations, as it is well established by now that the UE is very badly optimized on PS3.

fader

no one said that and it was obvious the ps4 would look better

They won't. The reason why they chose Unreal Engine 3 was because it was cost effective since UE4 came out which dropped the price of UE3, and has tons of support.

Ferrio

Banned
Found out you don't have to jump install if your combo started from a jumping attack, that's nice to know.

Also never knew how to air brake as chipp, so that's something i'll have to try doing.

yeah, I had no idea what to do against Sol. > . <

He can low profile stuff with certain moves, plus there's the difficulty of defending against some of his DI stuff.

YRC = Why did you let them get that close to you?
RRC = You're safe from throws for 8 frames after block stun

Well that's kind of like asking someone why you let your opponent knock you down. To which the answer would be that you don't let your opponent do anything, they make reads and if they are correct they are rewarded for it. In this case, the opponent has made a move and I'm asking how to react to that. Looking over the post again it says DP, Super, throw or jump as a response so I guess I'll go with that.

I didn't know about the 8 frames protection. That will be useful.

Top Bottom