• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- |OT| - Cross Play on a Heavy Day

xezuru

Havent had time to play since I got it, did they update the network stuff? See you guys posting room codes instead of going to NA Whatever.

Rhapsody

Banned
I can't block 2P into 5D from burrito on that connection. lol

GGs, Badger, Burrito, Hypernima, and Karst.

Hope you didn't mind me switching too much, Karst. Tried to at least stick with one character for a good duration before going onto the next one. If we ever play again and you want a certain matchup to practice, I'll do it.

Need to go grab lunch, so I couldn't stay any longer.

ggs to everyone including burrito, whoever that is. Setting dolphin after knockdown was killing me. I need to air throw her more often.

That would be me. ggs. I have to pay more attention to Potemkin's meter. Trying to low-profile Mega Fist when he has YRC is a really bad idea.

Heh, I'll freely admit I play online as hell. I totally understand, lol.

GGs, Badger, Burrito, Hypernima, and Karst.

Hope you didn't mind me switching too much, Karst. Tried to at least stick with one character for a good duration before going onto the next one. If we ever play again and you want a certain matchup to practice, I'll do it.

Need to go grab lunch, so I couldn't stay any longer.
It's cool. I liked the frequency of your switching. It gave me practice against a variety of characters, but you stuck with each one long enough for me to have food to chew on for next time. My wife came home, which is why I went afk.

Those matches were the first time I used DA. You kept using it, and I thought, "wow, that is good!" So I started using it too, haha. I had to mash around to figure out the input, though. Hence some of my random bursts before I started doing it.

Any feedback on my play? I really feel like I leveled up due to our matches.

That would be me. ggs. I have to pay more attention to Potemkin's meter. Trying to low-profile Mega Fist when he has YRC is a really bad idea.

Heh, I'll freely admit I play online as hell. I totally understand, lol.

That slide she does is annoying. If I don't have meter it bodies me, thank god for yrc hammerfall and stuff.

Rhapsody

Banned
It's cool. I liked the frequency of your switching. It gave me practice against a variety of characters, but you stuck with each one long enough for me to have food to chew on for next time. My wife came home, which is why I went afk.

Those matches were the first time I used DA. You kept using it, and I thought, "wow, that is good!" So I started using it too, haha. I had to mash around to figure out the input, though. Hence some of my random bursts before I started doing it.

Any feedback on my play? I really feel like I leveled up due to our matches.

Even though I won during our mirrors, I think you might be better than me at the Zato mirror in some ways, haha. I feel like you go for the command grab reset too much when K Shadow landed. If it ever lands midscreen (or if your Eddie gauge is low) you should do 2P > 2D 236x (send Eddie way) Meaty S Drill into summon. Corner, just go for the Dust into unblockable if you have enough Eddie meter. So basically work on confirming.

Also be careful on mashing throw on I-No on wakeup. YRC Vertical Chemical Love can easily get people.
That slide she does is annoying. If I don't have meter it bodies me, thank god for yrc hammerfall and stuff.

The slide's so risky to do. Even when spaced lol. Not really that great of a move to just throw out, imo.

Edit: Oh, under Mega Fist? I guess that's pretty smart. I never fought a May with my Potemkin yet, so that probably works lol

Even though I won during our mirrors, I think you might be better than me at the Zato mirror in some ways, haha. I feel like you go for the command grab reset too much when K Shadow landed. If it ever lands midscreen (or if your Eddie gauge is low) you should do 2P > 2D 236x (send Eddie way) Meaty S Drill into summon. Corner, just go for the Dust into unblockable if you have enough Eddie meter. So basically work on confirming.

Also be careful on mashing throw on I-No on wakeup. YRC Vertical Chemical Love can easily get people.

The slide's so risky to do. Even when spaced lol. Not really that great of a move to just throw out, imo.
Ohhh, unsummoning and resummoning is a great idea, thank you. I just got used to the idea of summoning and unsummoning during the Slayer matchup.

You are too kind. Your pressure and setups were far better than mine. You are right that I go for command grabs a lot, but I am not sure what to do except for that or the low. 6K kind of sucks and it doesn't seem like you can get anything off of it without Eddie helping, and D has such a huge windup. So I feel like it is low or command grab - thoughts?

I don't get how to handle I-No pressure. That stuff was scary.

GGs to burrito and Karst, and anyone else I played if I missed anyone. May was stomping my teeth in. =( I'm still crap though, so I wasn't expecting much better. Sorry I left so abruptly though, I had to run to the store.

Burrito, do you have any suggestions on how I can improve in general? I feel like I was using Hammer Fall way too frequently. I also know I sit on meter for too long. And my defense sucks. The list goes on.

Skilletor

Ran into the same player 4 times last night in ranked. Went 3-1 and he sent me a message saying I was the first "real" Chipp he'd run into. :)

I find that ranked Entry is no longer a reliable way to get decent matches anymore.

Almost every match I got today was 17-19 frames of delay even though I filtered 3 bars and above. I get 4f delay when I'm playing with 2 bar people in lobbies and yet these 3 bar and 4 bar people are giving me 17-19f. My guess is it's only using the initial bar value instead of the real one that updates after 5 seconds like in lobbies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ohhh, unsummoning and resummoning is a great idea, thank you. I just got used to the idea of summoning and unsummoning during the Slayer matchup.

You are too kind. Your pressure and setups were far better than mine. You are right that I go for command grabs a lot, but I am not sure what to do except for that or the low. 6K kind of sucks and it doesn't seem like you can get anything off of it without Eddie helping, and D has such a huge windup. So I feel like it is low or command grab - thoughts?

I don't get how to handle I-No pressure. That stuff was scary.

The way I play, I actually rarely go for standing highs with my all characters. I mostly just go for mids, lows, or throws. It's not like BB where it's essential to throw out a standing overhead here and there, so I use highs only sparingly when the situation calls for it.

With Zato, you're right. 6K's not that great, it's not too useful in this game. When you have the opponent blocking with Eddie out, you can stagger with P Shadow and 2P/2K. This'll make them either eat a tick to cmd grab or they can get clipped with jumping out.

The other is to go for jump ins. You can get a jump in off of blocked K/S Shadow midstring. For example, if I did K shadow on oki into fuzzy guard and you blocked all of it, I can just do K shadow again and then jump for another mixup. You can go for empty jump 5K/2K, j.K fuzzy guard, or late air dash into j.SH K Shadow. You can also choose to do what I did on the late air dash mixup and do P Shadow as a tick into command grab.

Also remember that Zato can 5P j.P etc off of corner command grab without Eddie (on most characters?). So it's good if you're close to killing.

Dealing with I-No pressure is a big guessing game. Be sure to press FD here and there.
Blitz Shield only if you're confident. It's a hard read though. Especially since she can just VCL YRC.

GGs to burrito and Karst, and anyone else I played if I missed anyone. May was stomping my teeth in. =( I'm still crap though, so I wasn't expecting much better. Sorry I left so abruptly though, I had to run to the store.

Burrito, do you have any suggestions on how I can improve in general? I feel like I was using Hammer Fall way too frequently. I also know I sit on meter for too long. And my defense sucks. The list goes on.

Ha, I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I barely pay attention to what I'm doing 95% of the time. Next time I'm on I'll watch some of our matches and PM you what I noticed.

Naite

I find that ranked Entry is no longer a reliable way to get decent matches anymore.

Almost every match I got today was 17-19 frames of delay even though I filtered 3 bars and above. I get 4f delay when I'm playing with 2 bar people in lobbies and yet these 3 bar and 4 bar people are giving me 17-19f. My guess is it's only using the initial bar value instead of the real one that updates after 5 seconds like in lobbies.

Bars have never been reliable for me, especially in Entry. I filter mine and I almost always get japanese names with 4 bars, but when I see those same names in search I get 0-1 bar.

I end up trying to play any match I get, but it often takes me forever to find matches in ranked these days because nearly everyone I run into immediately cancels out.

Bars have never been reliable for me, especially in Entry. I filter mine and I almost always get japanese names with 4 bars, but when I see those same names in search I get 0-1 bar.

I end up trying to play any match I get, but it often takes me forever to find matches in ranked these days because nearly everyone I run into immediately cancels out.

It's getting to the point where I don't even want to play if there's more than 7-8f of delay. What's the point? I'm not really playing the game at that point.

Rhapsody

Banned
After a month, online is still too difficult to adjust to in this game. The netcode is deinitely playable, but even 2 frames gets annoying.

Freaking greed sever/stun dipper Ky's everywhere lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After a month, online is still too difficult to adjust to in this game. The netcode is deinitely playable, but even 2 frames gets annoying.

If I can block a chain of 6 millia high lows online you can block those! lol

Fuck millia

Onemic

I was playing a really good ino player in an hour session of 7f delay and he was able to block a good 90% of my 50/50's off knockdown. Felt bad man :(

....and does anyone know how to block ino's insane mixups off knockdown? lol

Azure J

:mad:

On another note, Elphelt's shotgun loop off of corner RC stuff is pretty cool. It's got me using her again.

I'm surprised you dropped her in the first place. Shotgun combos/loop are the biggest reason I knew she was going to be the main especially as I realized that I'm too early into a Guilty Gear career to use Ramlethal correctly.

Onemic

I'm surprised you dropped her in the first place. Shotgun combos/loop are the biggest reason I knew she was going to be the main especially as I realized that I'm too early into a Guilty Gear career to use Ramlethal correctly.

If only I realized this before...Oh well, too late now!

Rhapsody

Banned

I got bored of her for a bit, but she's gotten cooler as time went on. Such a dumb (good) character lol

I'm having trouble doing a 4th reload on level 1 shotgun loops. The timings tight because I need to toss the pineberry in time.

Naite

>Play on PS4, get a massive losing streak.
>Play on PS3, go on a winstreak.

This keeps happening to me even though I dont notice a difference in my execution between dualshocks. I think my PS4 is cursed.

NEO0MJ

Airdashing with Bedman is so strange, the input is just so different from I was trained to do with any game with airdashes.

Airdashing with Bedman is so strange, the input is just so different from I was trained to do with any game with airdashes.
Two button dash...why isn't it here?!

The way I play, I actually rarely go for standing highs with my all characters. I mostly just go for mids, lows, or throws. It's not like BB where it's essential to throw out a standing overhead here and there, so I use highs only sparingly when the situation calls for it.

With Zato, you're right. 6K's not that great, it's not too useful in this game. When you have the opponent blocking with Eddie out, you can stagger with P Shadow and 2P/2K. This'll make them either eat a tick to cmd grab or they can get clipped with jumping out.

The other is to go for jump ins. You can get a jump in off of blocked K/S Shadow midstring. For example, if I did K shadow on oki into fuzzy guard and you blocked all of it, I can just do K shadow again and then jump for another mixup. You can go for empty jump 5K/2K, j.K fuzzy guard, or late air dash into j.SH K Shadow. You can also choose to do what I did on the late air dash mixup and do P Shadow as a tick into command grab.

Also remember that Zato can 5P j.P etc off of corner command grab without Eddie (on most characters?). So it's good if you're close to killing.

Dealing with I-No pressure is a big guessing game. Be sure to press FD here and there.
Blitz Shield only if you're confident. It's a hard read though. Especially since she can just VCL YRC.
So just keep going low?

Rhapsody

Banned
Two button dash...why isn't it here?!

So just keep going low?

Well, not necessarily. I just do my usual blockstrings which happen to involve lows here and there.

My mentality is, the longer they block, it's still a victory. Their guard bar goes up which means more damage will be taken.
I'm not too concerned about mixing them up since opponents will end up screwing up some place and getting clipped (leading to knockdown and then your oki/mixup). I guess in Zato's case, you do want to open them up fast since you don't want Eddie to die. Since you're Zato, you'll be able to get away with more high/low mixups just because of K Shadow at least.

I suggest looking over Ogawa vids and pay attention to how he opens people up outside of the initial mixup on oki. He'll do something like blockstring into 236K dash 2S S Drill into K shadow or something, and then does a jump in. It's something I wish I could give more advice on, but I'm still struggling on getting that down, myself.

Manbig

So I just grabbed this game yesterday and put in a few hours into it. I'm completely new to trying to really learn the GG series and am still just going through the characters deciding who to play.

The one that I've put the most time in with so far is I-No and I must say, I've been having an incredibly hard time getting IAD down for a lot of her better combos. Are there any easy noob combos that don't require it that I can use as a placeholder, or am I just gonna have to buckle down and learn the damn thing off the bat?

Also, is there a good combo that she can score off of a ranged cr.K? I can get cr.K, cr.S, st.HS up close, but from range, the st.HS just whiffs and while she can do HCL off of cr.S, it whiffs opponents that are in a crouching state, which happens more often than not due to the footsie game. I hope there's SOMETHING worthwhile that I can get in this situation so I can stop just doing 2 hits into Stroke the Big Tree.

Well, not necessarily. I just do my usual blockstrings which happen to involve lows here and there.

My mentality is, the longer they block, it's still a victory. Their guard bar goes up which means more damage will be taken.
I'm not too concerned about mixing them up since opponents will end up screwing up some place and getting clipped (leading to knockdown and then your oki/mixup). I guess in Zato's case, you do want to open them up fast since you don't want Eddie to die. Since you're Zato, you'll be able to get away with more high/low mixups just because of K Shadow at least.

I suggest looking over Ogawa vids and pay attention to how he opens people up outside of the initial mixup on oki. He'll do something like blockstring into 236K dash 2S S Drill into K shadow or something, and then does a jump in. It's something I wish I could give more advice on, but I'm still struggling on getting that down, myself.
Gotcha, thanks.

Onemic

hm, so don't worry about high low mixups in pressure? Is that for Zato or everyone in general? Online I see players usually go for as many high/low mixups in pressure as possible.

Top Bottom